Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Dienes posted:

Just flew into Denver from Florida. The difference is noticeable. Am I to report my shits in this thread?

We need heart rate and oxygen levels too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
Feels like we’re getting the “slice of life” anime filler episode today. Ice is testing the limits of his 7000 rupee “unlimited” meal plan by running around the hotel trying to order 35 garlic soups. He wants to borrow the owner of the hotel’s laptop to do a gamba stream. Chat is trying to get him to go out and build a snowman. What will happen next? :allears:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Captain Toasted posted:

Resting and making GBS threads vital signs separately, please, we need a control.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Dienes posted:

Just flew into Denver from Florida. The difference is noticeable. Am I to report my shits in this thread?

bro you can do that in any of the threads

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's your resting poo poo rate?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Cojawfee posted:

About one post per hour.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tenkaris posted:

Was he really banned from twitch over being swatted on a plane? I think it's weird that they would ban you for something somebody did to you, or maybe they blamed him for streaming on a plane that invited such an easy target.

I remember when he was still on twitch, he just walked around and talked to people and was an idiot, so nothing has changed

Edit: yeah, his ban was because he was an idiot and openly broadcast all of the information about his flight details making it super easy for him to get swatted at a loving airport

And it was not his first time being swatted, so he definitely should have known to be more cautious by then

first person to get swatted at everest basecamp would be a new record

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Cojawfee posted:

Same as my hourly

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Confusedslight posted:

I'm not saying he isn't struggling but he is a known grifter. Like how much is he just haming it up?

IANAD, but according to the pulse oximeter readings posted earlier, he needs immediate medical attention.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m assuming that the oximetry is unreliable on the basis that he’s not dead.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Hypoxia kills you because your brain is starved of oxygen, but his brain clearly doesn't go through all that much oxygen. He could probably survive a week on a single inhale.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
They recently started moving again, they're going half way to base camp, so a 3 hour hike.

Notable fact, Joel didn't have enough to pay for his stay and had to have Ice pay for half of his poo poo and Deepak had to haggle to get his price down, if they're staying at another hotel now (which they are planning to do) I don't know if they'll afford it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Captain Toasted posted:

no response

OP has stopped inside a duty free healing crystal shop and is offering 2 for :10bux:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

welp the wrath of Chomolungma was nothing compared to the red laser eyes on the Blue Mustang of Denver International

RIP Dienes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kamrat posted:

They recently started moving again, they're going half way to base camp, so a 3 hour hike.

Notable fact, Joel didn't have enough to pay for his stay and had to have Ice pay for half of his poo poo and Deepak had to haggle to get his price down, if they're staying at another hotel now (which they are planning to do) I don't know if they'll afford it.

new record first crew to dine and dash on the way to basecamp

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

McSpanky posted:

IANAD, but according to the pulse oximeter readings posted earlier, he needs immediate medical attention.

Oxygen sats go down a lot at altitude even if you're fine. I remember a mate brought one of the cheapo fingertip ones when we were climbing and it was in the low 80s at 4100m.

The university hospital I worked at had an extreme medicine research unit and they ran an experiment doing arterial blood gas sampling at different altitudes. They had exercise bikes a little below the summit and had Sherpas taking the blood samples down to base camp really quickly (within a couple of hours I think) so they could be analysed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2988011/

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Robo Reagan posted:

new record first crew to dine and dash on the way to basecamp

There's a video of a woman doing that. I think the owner chases her down with a machete.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Captain Toasted posted:

Livestream your flight and hotel details too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Deepak isn't well, with the linked timestamp showing a reading of 74% oxygen with a heartrate of 132bpm while in bed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

sadly the climber at the step was not found again

https://explorersweb.com/rescuers-cant-find-suhajda-szilard-everest/

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

fuctifino posted:

Deepak isn't well, with the linked timestamp showing a reading of 74% oxygen with a heartrate of 132bpm while in bed.

Yeah that sucks, apparently he's been having headaches for a while but didn't say anything.

gently caress, that's 13 people dead so far, is the climbing season over or are people still going up?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

fuctifino posted:

His heart rate is a bit high but (as I've already said) the oxygen sats aren't that unexpected.

https://thorax.bmj.com/content/73/8/776 (in acclimatised subjects)

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

knox_harrington posted:

Oxygen sats go down a lot at altitude even if you're fine. I remember a mate brought one of the cheapo fingertip ones when we were climbing and it was in the low 80s at 4100m.

The university hospital I worked at had an extreme medicine research unit and they ran an experiment doing arterial blood gas sampling at different altitudes. They had exercise bikes a little below the summit and had Sherpas taking the blood samples down to base camp really quickly (within a couple of hours I think) so they could be analysed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2988011/

Oh hey I saw a video about them doing this somewhere before I think? Can't seem to find it though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kamrat posted:

gently caress, that's 13 people dead so far, is the climbing season over or are people still going up?

Not many updates coming out right now. I think it might be 14 or 15, but I'm not sure. There's been talk of closing the mountain for days. The window was apparently extended because of good weather reports. then some of those people needed rescuing. There's been conflicting info saying the wind reports are inaccurate and have actually been faster on the mountain. I don't know what is true about that. There was another climber being brought down from camp 4 with snow blindness at the same time they were looking for Szilard. I wouldn't be surprised if the ropes were brought down with the rescue team and the mountain closed but no word on it yet.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Deepak is better, his oxygen level went down to 60 during the night while his heart rate was up but he's better now and they're getting ready to leave for everest base camp now getting an early start so they can catch a heli on the way down. It's going to be a 9 hour hike apparently all in all

ethanol posted:

Not many updates coming out right now. I think it might be 14 or 15, but I'm not sure. There's been talk of closing the mountain for days. The window was apparently extended because of good weather reports. then some of those people needed rescuing. There's been conflicting info saying the wind reports are inaccurate and have actually been faster on the mountain. I don't know what is true about that. There was another climber being brought down from camp 4 with snow blindness at the same time they were looking for Szilard. I wouldn't be surprised if the ropes were brought down with the rescue team and the mountain closed but no word on it yet.

Yeah I hope no one else dies, this is already a deadly year.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Status update:
-Couldn't sleep last night, which is apparently a common symptom
-Resting heartrate 73
-Poops at sea level (baseline poop rate): 2/day
-Poops at altitude: Nothing yet
-Constant low-grade headache
-No longer want to visit Base Camp one day

Kamrat posted:

Deepak is better, his oxygen level went down to 60 during the night while his heart rate was up but he's better now and they're getting ready to leave for everest base camp now getting an early start so they can catch a heli on the way down. It's going to be a 9 hour hike apparently all in all

Yeah I hope no one else dies, this is already a deadly year.

If Deepak tapped out, would Ice actually stop, or go on alone?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Apparently there's a board game called k2. Anyone ever tried it?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

ilmucche posted:

Apparently there's a board game called k2. Anyone ever tried it?

Yeah it's pretty good! I don't recall there being any poop tracking though, just boring stuff like ropes and oxygen bottles and stuff.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Huh. I can get it for 23 British pounds, and the expansion for another 10. Maybe I'll get it for a laugh.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1385100/Insurmountable/

If you want to chill out to the sounds of the chink of ice axes and crampons into snowy/icy terrain, and the creak of ropes as you climb and descend, this game is pretty alright. It's actually really difficult because the mountain is always waiting to kill you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSd8jbpVQAw

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
So they got to base camp and hiked back to where you can take a heli, they took the heli back to Lukla and now they're stuck there because of bad weather, I'm not going to be watching any longer. I might be checking in on Deepaks stream in the future though because he seems like a swell dude.

Deepak got really ill on the hike apparently but they made it and he should be feeling better now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well thank gently caress that didn't go any worse. Silly bastards.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Did they just like get to base camp and immediately leave?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Captain Toasted posted:

Did they just like get to base camp and immediately leave?

Seems like they took some photos and left, the stream was out for most of the time

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they should call deepak deepfake because i know FOR A FACT that its all cgi and he is on a soundstage in virginia laughing at all of us for being fools

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
So is this the end for our groverhaus personified adventure?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

No there’s a Mt Everest zipline

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

HopperUK posted:

Well thank gently caress that didn't go any worse. Silly bastards.

He's going to memory hole half of it and tell everyone rest days are for libs and how easy it is. More dumb chud fuckwits are going to go up and alienate the locals and someone is going to get properly hurt either through altitude sickness or just dipshit-local culture interactions.

A few days in hospital would have been good for him. I mean it's not like he'd learn a single thing but it's important to give people the opportunity for self improvement.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

No there’s a Mt Everest zipline

Ah the 8th wonder of the modern world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
So, topic-adjacent, do teams from like Denver and such have an advantage over the "low-land" teams?

I could google, but i love the goon-hivemind.

And, I hope this dude realizes it. I just checked and he's sleeping. My online time vs his trekking time is about completely opposite. Does anyone have a link of where he was blasting video game songs while hiking? That seemed like it'd be pretty neat.