Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I don't mind the Mirror Dungeons getting more difficult but I was honestly hoping they'd get shorter, not longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anything that you are expected to clear multiple times a week cant actually be an interesting enough challenge to be worth getting your attention because every player needs to be able to clear it multiple times a week, so idk why they keep insisting on making you bang this stuff out over and over

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

lets hang out posted:

I don't actually want my weekly video game chores to demand more attention from me

yeah this. we have Railway for actually challenging content

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I feel like there should be an autochess-like mode for mirror dungeons, where all fights are completely automated and all you pick is who you put in the fights. Because practically speaking that's basically how mirror dungeon runs already are.

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

So, currently my only unbought IDs are Seven Outis, Kurokumo Rodion, R-Ishmael, and W-Meursalt, while my only unbought EGOs are the Dimension Shredders, Pursuance, Ardor Blossom, and Wishing Cairn. I have about 200 nominable boxes, but my only EGOshards that are at roughly 200 are Hong Lu, Yi Sang, and Ish -- the rest have about 130. Obviously I should burn my nominable boxes for something before the season ends, but does anyone have any particular suggestions on what?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I don't have rishmael, wmersault kinda sucks at the moment but might be good when a charge team really pops off, kurokomo rodion is Fine I Guess and will be Fine in a bleed team

seven outis does an enormous amount of work, think of her as a worse g gregor - not the raw damage output of your Bunnycliffs, but great in long fights

Ardor Blossom Star will be really good when we get the last pieces for a burn team. Hong Lu dimension shredder may as well read "give hong lu +25% max hp when you run this", which is pretty good, and is going to be real drat scary in a charge team. No particular opinion on the other egos.

also note that any identities specifically tagged as season 1 will be taking a break from the pool while the rest will remain pullable or shardable, so if that pushes you over the edge one way or another, it's a good fact to know

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Unless you really want seven outis, which is a reasonable decision, i'd probably grab hong lu dimension shredder and ardor blossom star

they're both going to do work next season, i'm pretty sure

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

lets hang out posted:

I don't actually want my weekly video game chores to demand more attention from me

GilliamYaeger posted:

I feel like there should be an autochess-like mode for mirror dungeons, where all fights are completely automated and all you pick is who you put in the fights. Because practically speaking that's basically how mirror dungeon runs already are.

even from this angle, the thing is as a new player I literally clear it by picking the first sinner in the list and auto-ing every turn, there are already zero decisions, why not let us just auto the whole thing like the luxcavations?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i think most people would be cool with that

*edit* though kinda moot since we're about to get MD 2 and hard mode stuff I guess

YES bread fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 27, 2023

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I wish there was a way to enable subtitles for in-combat barks.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have it right there during a fight instead of having to get the translation from the ID Archive. The announcer's lines do at least pop up in the top left, although I do feel bad for the localization team re: Yi Sang.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

LizardBeam posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice to have it right there during a fight instead of having to get the translation from the ID Archive. The announcer's lines do at least pop up in the top left, although I do feel bad for the localization team re: Yi Sang.

I'm guessing he will make a bunch of weird and obscure korean/philosical joke?

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally for Mirror Dungeons even if I would prefer being able to auto/skip them I doubt they'll do it so I'll hope for a lesser change. That being making normal dungeons act like the event dungeon with load outs and making levels go up by 15. Cause it's kind of annoying to constantly have to click 3 different times per character to pick them with their identity and egos especially since I always use the the same combos. The level thing is just me getting tired leveling up the characters like 15 times per run and would prefer to have fewer amounts of that.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Personally I'd like to just get the levelup or new character without the event text...

the results without the process drat.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I'm guessing he will make a bunch of weird and obscure korean/philosical joke?

A big chunk of Yi Sang's dialogue in Korean is puns relating to words that sound like his name. His focus on "the ideal", for example, is part of this running gag. It even leaks out to the other Sinners, seeing as Meursault's rant at Yi Sang in Hell's Chicken utilized several of those puns in quick succession, rather than the brief diss rap he delivered in the English translation.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

NotteBoy97 posted:

Personally for Mirror Dungeons even if I would prefer being able to auto/skip them I doubt they'll do it so I'll hope for a lesser change. That being making normal dungeons act like the event dungeon with load outs and making levels go up by 15. Cause it's kind of annoying to constantly have to click 3 different times per character to pick them with their identity and egos especially since I always use the the same combos. The level thing is just me getting tired leveling up the characters like 15 times per run and would prefer to have fewer amounts of that.

They've said in the update notice that character leveling in MDs is going away. The normal versions will have set levels (30 or 35), the hard versions will use the level in your box.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
See I thought that Ryoshu's acronyms were the hardest thing to translate

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

See I thought that Ryoshu's acronyms were the hardest thing to translate

Those aren't TOO bad since you can just freestyle them. Making good ones that capture the same meaning is probably a pain in the rear end though.

e:

Probe 17 posted:

A big chunk of Yi Sang's dialogue in Korean is puns relating to words that sound like his name. His focus on "the ideal", for example, is part of this running gag. It even leaks out to the other Sinners, seeing as Meursault's rant at Yi Sang in Hell's Chicken utilized several of those puns in quick succession, rather than the brief diss rap he delivered in the English translation.

and now it's a currency. invest in SangCoin

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 28, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

NotteBoy97 posted:

The update notes from the other day have already clearly stated that both of those things are happening: The normal dungeons are going to be level locked to the cap (or your level, whichever is lower, for Hard) and they're enabling presets / loadouts as well.

Personally I have no clue why people feel like mirror dungeons are repetitive: Choosing to bring the same loadout every single time is your decision. I use it as an opportunity to actually experiment with my builds and try new things, focusing on building around whatever my first EGO Gift is, and my clear times are both fast and pretty similar between runs just through generally solid gameplay.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, same. If I get a Burn gift, I run Liu bros, if I get a Rupture one, I run Seven, etc.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

The update notes from the other day have already clearly stated that both of those things are happening: The normal dungeons are going to be level locked to the cap (or your level, whichever is lower, for Hard) and they're enabling presets / loadouts as well.

Personally I have no clue why people feel like mirror dungeons are repetitive: Choosing to bring the same loadout every single time is your decision. I use it as an opportunity to actually experiment with my builds and try new things, focusing on building around whatever my first EGO Gift is, and my clear times are both fast and pretty similar between runs just through generally solid gameplay.
My main issue with it is that the fights are too easy to really fool around with anything serious. It wasn't until Railway that we really understood who was good and who was bad in an actual serious fight, after all.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I thought Chapter 3 Kromer was pretty challenging. I had to redo the dungeon once to readjust my team, and even then I still lost people to her even though I won.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'm not going to hope for Mirror Dungeon content that consistently challenges me, because I would prefer to see content that is at most a kind-of-decent challenge to the average player of Project Moon games so that players don't get filtered out of doing their weeklies.

Some other endgame content to play around with would be neat eventually, but like... that's an eventually thing. Refraction Railway was already fun, and I think getting 83 turns on every single one going forward would be a hilarious way to spend my time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I understand why Gregor is "The Outcast"-his bug arm made it hard for him to adapt to civilian life and made him an outcast, and why Sinclair is "The Unforgiving"-I wouldn't forgive Kromer if I was in his shoes, certainly, but I don't get why Rodion is "The Unloving". Her motivation was love for her neighbors, not wanting to see them starve or freeze to death.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
perhaps, you misunderstand her

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

I understand why Gregor is "The Outcast"-his bug arm made it hard for him to adapt to civilian life and made him an outcast, and why Sinclair is "The Unforgiving"-I wouldn't forgive Kromer if I was in his shoes, certainly, but I don't get why Rodion is "The Unloving". Her motivation was love for her neighbors, not wanting to see them starve or freeze to death.

She doesn't deny the statements whathisface makes about it being her personal pride and not just love for her fellow man that drove her to her action (that got everyone killed). She might have loved then, but she certainly doesn't anymore potentially.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

I thought Chapter 3 Kromer was pretty challenging. I had to redo the dungeon once to readjust my team, and even then I still lost people to her even though I won.

Chapter 3 in general was baffling if you used to slash or piercing team, which was probably a majority of the player or something.

Junpei posted:

I think it's more about the theme of that drive the character rather than their personality themselve. Gregor is an outcast to the City due to his status as a living weapon (Mizu wink wink), Sinclair action are considered unforgivable due to the fact it let to the slaughter of his entire family (Possibly of his village but that's probably on Kromer) and Rodya is the unloving because, despite her love for her neighbors, her emotion made her do an action that caused their death.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Junpei posted:

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I think it's more about the theme of that drive the character rather than their personality themselve. Gregor is an outcast to the City due to his status as a living weapon (Mizu wink wink), Sinclair action are considered unforgivable due to the fact it let to the slaughter of his entire family (Possibly of his village but that's probably on Kromer) and Rodya is the unloving because, despite her love for her neighbors, her emotion made her do an action that caused their death.

So what does that mean for Chapter 5, Ishmael's chapter, being The Evil Defined?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It means that Ishmael is actually Captain Ahab. Or it might be about White Whale, idk. :shrug: .

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

The importance of Sinclair being "The Unforgiving" is directed more towards himself than towards Kromer.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
Feel like I gotta interject here and point out that the name of Sinclair's chapter is not "The Unforgiving" and is actually "The Unconfronting" which also makes a lot of sense for Sinclair, given his timid nature up until this chapter.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Boksi posted:

So what does that mean for Chapter 5, Ishmael's chapter, being The Evil Defined?

Probably war crime because the Captain was too weak or something

Loxo321 posted:

Feel like I gotta interject here and point out that the name of Sinclair's chapter is not "The Unforgiving" and is actually "The Unconfronting" which also makes a lot of sense for Sinclair, given his timid nature up until this chapter.

Woops, my bad.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Definitely not the Thumb, sadly.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I have a weird working theory where the Sinners are actually fairly virtuous but the City can't understand that so it labeled them as Sinners. Like it can't understand why Rodion did what she did so they assume it's pride, etc.

I could be way off though, we only have scraps of info about everyone's past other than Sinclair's(though everyone around him is still some half-vague metaphorical fever dream that is also entirely literal, thanks Hermann Hesse)

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Chapter 3 in general was baffling if you used to slash or piercing team, which was probably a majority of the player or something.

If you're progressing straight from the previous chapter Chapter 3 is just a giant gently caress you roadblock in places since the enemy level suddenly shoots up and Blunt damage is pretty uncommon

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

If you're progressing straight from the previous chapter Chapter 3 is just a giant gently caress you roadblock in places since the enemy level suddenly shoots up and Blunt damage is pretty uncommon

:lobcorp:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Definitely not the Thumb, sadly.

Those notes mention a couple of things that aren't in the steam update notes. They're reducing changes to sanity by about half for winning or losing clashes, killing enemies, and losing allies. You'll also be able to select up to 5 announcers to be chosen from randomly.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Some details on why cars are semi-rare in the City: Backstreets roads are so twisty and convoluted that it can take a while to get from one location to another, even if the technical linear distance is short. Meanwhile, there are highways between Nests but those have conditions/costs as well. That's why WARP is so popular, even putting aside the raw speed.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Likewise another interesting note is that we got confirmation on why EGO enhancement is "threadspinning" as opposed to the "uptie" used for Identities: It's derived from 'spinning a yarn', or telling a story, because to use an EGO is to know that EGO and its associated Abnormality. By digging deeper and learning more, getting a better mental framework of what they're dealing with, the users can improve their EGO through comprehension.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

lets hang out posted:

Those notes mention a couple of things that aren't in the steam update notes. They're reducing changes to sanity by about half for winning or losing clashes, killing enemies, and losing allies. You'll also be able to select up to 5 announcers to be chosen from randomly.

I'm a little worried that N Sinclair's going to require too much sanity maintenance after this change, especially with Mad Flame. It's great for daily farming, sure, but he might end up mostly unusable in dungeons and Railway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Einander posted:

I'm a little worried that N Sinclair's going to require too much sanity maintenance after this change, especially with Mad Flame. It's great for daily farming, sure, but he might end up mostly unusable in dungeons and Railway.

If nothing else, backing him up with N Faust might just have become more important.

who's kinda the general-purpose best of the N Team anyway against anything that's not resistant to pierce; good survivability, good clashes, decent damage, some relevant status effects even if you don't have your whole squad drooling over nails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

there is an effectively zero percent chance i'll get enough shards in the next two days (lol) for another shard in s1, so under the circumstances i'm just gonna dump all my surplus boxes into rodion in case rosespanner is her busted id