Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Conversely, there's no MP or anything to limit healers, so if you just lower all the damage you get stuck in unwinnable battles where both sides have unlimited healing.

This one at least has been addressed by games(not even gacha ones, necessarily) with stacking damage dealt buffs and/or healing reductions once combat passes a certain number of turns to stop infinite stall.

e: Hell, this is already in the game in a couple of forms. SU final bosses have soft enrage mechanics(in the form of stacking undispellable attack buffs), and the minibosses actually have a stacking enrage buff too if the fight goes on for too long.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

competitive Pom-Pom cheering up

This is a very wholesome idea and I think it could be great if implemented well.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I just finished the mine cart puzzles.... and it was pretty easy to do? I don't get the goons grousing about it. It's just like a Hanoi tower puzzle, move a cart over there so you can move a cart out of the way then move the cart back and so forth.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The mine cart puzzles are easy but the UI is very clunky and awkward.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Also it's just slow, in that you spend a lot of time waiting for animations and walking between things.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah, it's a bit of a drag. The Hexacube puzzles are a good contrast because they're about the same difficulty as the mine carts but the UI is extremely snappy and entirely mouse controlled with no long animations or walking so you can solve them in like five seconds.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Really? Because the hexacubes is the worst puzzle for me. I despite doing those and I've been avoiding doing them as much I can

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
None of them are complicated enough to be described as "puzzles" until the second round of hexanexus where they ask you to orient the marked cube a particular way. Until then it's mindless busywork.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Really? Because the hexacubes is the worst puzzle for me. I despite doing those and I've been avoiding doing them as much I can

That's pretty wild. The vast majority of them can be solved in two or three moves.

Everyone has puzzles they don't get, though. It took me an embarrassingly long time to grasp the compasses.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got the compasses in theory but in practice I just pressed buttons like a monkey until it all slid into place, no thinking needed.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ibblebibble posted:

I got the compasses in theory but in practice I just pressed buttons like a monkey until it all slid into place, no thinking needed.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The compasses without multiple "move two rings at once" movement options are simple, but my brain refuses to process the rest so yeah, monkey time. They're probably mostly solvable in like 5 moves, but I end up taking 50.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I thought the second round of hexnex was easier than the first because they gave you fewer things to mess with but none of the hexnex puzzles were particularly difficult.

Also I got a text today from Pela asking me how to sober up quick because she'd been on an all-night bender and had to produce a script for her fanfic today.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Echoing that the minecart puzzles were the furthest thing from difficult, just annoyingly clunky. Also it pissed me off I couldn't "cheat" some of the later ones by stacking more than one cart down a piece of track that clearly had more than enough room, or using a junction in the "wrong" direction as a holding point. Just poor design.

Cubes are great, just a couple of key taps and they're done, same with the prisms. Compasses with multiple sets of paired-movement rings took a bit more effort, but they're still not what I would call "difficult". The worst part of them was waiting a million years for the "skiff arriving" animation to play after each one.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Leraika posted:

I thought the second round of hexnex was easier than the first because they gave you fewer things to mess with but none of the hexnex puzzles were particularly difficult.

Also I got a text today from Pela asking me how to sober up quick because she'd been on an all-night bender and had to produce a script for her fanfic today.

yeah the 2nd round was markedly easier for me because there's only ever 2 faces to align (one being marked) where there were previously 3. You line up the symbol, then you rotate the remaining face into place. Done.

In fact I would say the 2nd set would actually have been superior as the "tutorial" on how to approach solving a rubik's cube puzzle

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
How's everyone liking JY? I've been doing moc runs and his performance is kinda disappointing so far. His aoe capabilities end up wasted as he chips on a boss for 10 turns when the other team cleared everything in 3. I'm starting to think I should gear up sushang or yanqing instead.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
JY seems pretty okay but I don't have his LC and I also have a Seele. Won't be on my primary team but I am pretty confident he'll be fine as my second team DPS for a while.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leraika posted:

She's old enough to drink?

Her and Qingque both confuse me. Did they settle on their visual design early on, and only decide to write them as adults with jobs after that was already locked down?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Qingque's got that "actually hundred years old" thing going on. I think Pela's just short.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Fu Xuan's tiny too.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

they're doing the thing with pela that they did with fischl - they allude to a great feat at a young age (bachelor's degree without meeting minimum age requirements, and adventurer's guild admission at 14, respectively) without specifying how long ago that was, so their age is still ambiguous. pela's third character story also describes serval as "the slightly older woman" and serval's like 40 so, who knows

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

FractalSandwich posted:

She's old enough to drink?

Her and Qingque both confuse me. Did they settle on their visual design early on, and only decide to write them as adults with jobs after that was already locked down?

Probably. Fun fact, Qingque has worked for the Divination Commission for over 10 years.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Probably. Fun fact, Qingque has worked for the Divination Commission for over 10 years.

More accurate to say she's been present at the Divination Commision for over 10 years

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

(I know it's not pronounced the same)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
guess this is about how far I go with the real Memory of Chaos for this cycle.
probably could have got 3* on stage 2 and 3, but my Serval is still lv63, and missed the last star by 1-2 turns.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The lazers were easy till the very last one. The lines/shapes one was similar but easier. The train car was easy, the last one was kind of annoying maybe? The hexacubes were incredibly fun and I blitzed through all of them, and did them a second time within an hour. Give me more 😭😭😭😭

sushibandit posted:

Echoing that the minecart puzzles were the furthest thing from difficult, just annoyingly clunky. Also it pissed me off I couldn't "cheat" some of the later ones by stacking more than one cart down a piece of track that clearly had more than enough room, or using a junction in the "wrong" direction as a holding point. Just poor design.

Cubes are great, just a couple of key taps and they're done, same with the prisms. Compasses with multiple sets of paired-movement rings took a bit more effort, but they're still not what I would call "difficult". The worst part of them was waiting a million years for the "skiff arriving" animation to play after each one.

Idk what you're talking about, I stacked the railcars...

Also I HATED the skiffs. It didn't make sense at all so I just rotated poo poo until they stuck together

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 28, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I feel bad about my JY, I will just swap him out with a support one that does 3x more damage. I just unlocked Memory of Chaos but I think I am quite a ways from even beating the first stage, my relics and light cones are pretty bad, I definitely cannot equip a second team well enough right now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Also I HATED the skiffs. It didn't make sense at all so I just rotated poo poo until they stuck together

It made perfect sense...It literally shows you exactly which rings will move at any time in your selection.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I REALLY like AOE characters and DOTs and JY is fitting in nicely with Sampo for silly Nihility runs.

Also I like taking him to the theatre

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GateOfD posted:

guess this is about how far I go with the real Memory of Chaos for this cycle.
probably could have got 3* on stage 2 and 3, but my Serval is still lv63, and missed the last star by 1-2 turns.

I finished stage 4 but with only 6 stars overall. Pretty wild to think of going any further. I have six decently invested 70s at this point and a BP worth of mats but otherwise no whaling and things were getting rough without a second healer.

Does MoC reset rewards every week then? What about forgotten hall?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the strings puzzle ones are pretty good. like matching the picture

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It made perfect sense...It literally shows you exactly which rings will move at any time in your selection.

Ring one rotates ring two but ring two rotates ring three, but ring three rotates ring three and one.

loving irritating, and they each rotate at different intervals

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I feel bad about my JY, I will just swap him out with a support one that does 3x more damage. I just unlocked Memory of Chaos but I think I am quite a ways from even beating the first stage, my relics and light cones are pretty bad, I definitely cannot equip a second team well enough right now.

Yeah I’ve found my Serval and Seele better but that’s probably because my LC and relics all suck right now. His stand does a ton of damage but he doesn’t really seem to do much for me til the stand attacks or he ults. Found him more useful on bosses to be honest than normal fights. I guess I should maybe look up anything at all about stats and building characters since I’m at 45 trailblazer tho I haven’t had any issues beating up to word 6 SU and around 13 of the first set of train mirror portal thing stages. Have 8 characters at or around 60 (limited by how many xp items I have) but will definitely be focusing only on one team for a while now I think.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The string and cube puzzles are the easiest/most enjoyable for me.

I had a couple minutes of frustration when the cubes upgraded to have the emblem on one face, but only because I was interpreting the objective wrong and trying to rotate the emblem around in a way that was not possible.

The laser puzzles are good but they get a little wrinklier once they introduce the ability to slide some of the pylons around. Not frustrating but you have to visualize more steps.

Minecarts were easy but tedious as mentioned.

The dial puzzles became annoying once they start rotating multiple rings at once. Ain't nobody got brain space to remember which direction and how far multiple rings will rotate each time you touch it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

acumen posted:

Does MoC reset rewards every week then? What about forgotten hall?

MoC resets every two weeks or so I believe. Unless they announce changes down the line FH should remain static since it's basically the MoC tutorial track.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I had hard time with moc 5 until I got bailu few days ago. Healer on each side helps a lot.

Missed the third star on moc 5 by one turn and I could probably get the moc 7 survival star so 18* should be doable, next time.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

String puzzles were all too simple.

Mine carts would have been better if the controls were less slow and fiddly.

Dials were too easy if the rings didn't affect each other and too hard if they did.

Lasers were good.

The Hexanexus is the best.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the dials where the rings move independently aren't even puzzles

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wish they had gone for it a bit more with the hexanexus puzzles. the idea was cool but of the 30? in the game all but a couple of them are solved in two moves, and most of them are essentially the exact same two moves.

thinking about the puzzles reminded me how the original beta had some "puzzles" that were basically just have the right elemental party member in your party. kinda glad they got rid of those they were really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They need to make 3x3 versions of hexanexus

e: Beat SU 3-2 on my first run :toot:

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 28, 2023