Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
will never get tired of seeing alonso on the podium :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Chico should do an infidelity from last place to see if it's as nice

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Aston hosed this goddammit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

???

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Does anybody know how red bull is cheating yet or is it a mystery

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

They should have bust out the cds because this is even more dire than usual

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

drat dutchies

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Theyre allowed to spend more money, op

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fluffdaddy posted:

They should have bust out the cds because this is even more dire than usual

Big egyptian army band energy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

They pitted for mediums as it was raining and others were putting for inters

That was their whole loving strategy, and they biffed it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alonso is the loving best.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bills will win the superbowl before Florida even sniffs the sec championship game again

Pretty sensitive.

Also this absolute certainty over a thing that’s literally never happened is fun.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pragmatica posted:

will never get tired of seeing alonso on the podium :swoon:

He is a treasure

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Yeah but they wouldn't have gained a place if they got it right and didn't lose a place getting it wrong.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Gonna head back to bed now. Congrats to Fernando and Esteban! 🇪🇸🇫🇷

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Judge Schnoopy posted:

They seem to be buying £100 loaves of bread and yet there's never any bread around when you need it

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

They seem to be buying £100 loaves of bread and yet there's never any bread around when you need it

lol

I'm confused by the posters who think this was a good race: Bad Man still won, rain did nothing, passing minimal as usual.

Qualifying was great though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Residency Evil posted:

lol

I'm confused by the posters who think this was a good race: Bad Man still won, rain did nothing, passing minimal as usual.

Qualifying was great though.

It was fun when we thought it might get interesting for a minute.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Good for ocon I guess. My wife fell asleep in the bar watching the race lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONiX572pdA

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

loving 10 mins before rain and ferrari pit sharl for mediums when max is still out there on 45 lap old mediums

Leaving carlos out there to slid around instead of pitting one lap sooner.

Fuckhead frogboy wins by a mile again sigh

At least there was some good food in Nice

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah but they wouldn't have gained a place if they got it right and didn't lose a place getting it wrong.

Yeah they took a gamble and it didn't pay off but they didn't lose anything so :shrug:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It does make sense that Max is good in conditions that are somewhere between aquatic and land-based

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Just caught up. Bin man race from Perez wow. How did he not get a penalty for the off track pass on Stroll? The stewards said he voluntarily gave it back but that was only because he ran into the back of Magnussen lol.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

yea hiring lance was a poor decision

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you have a 5s penalty to serve and you get fastest lap on the last lap of the race, does that lap have 5s added to it taking away your fastest lap? Or does the 5s just get added to your total race time?

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Is Indy 500 worth watching

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
most interesting race of the season so far imo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Witeldram posted:

Indy car has been good racing so far this year imo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

loving 10 mins before rain and ferrari pit sharl for mediums when max is still out there on 45 lap old mediums

Leaving carlos out there to slid around instead of pitting one lap sooner.

Fuckhead frogboy wins by a mile again sigh

At least there was some good food in Nice

How’d staying in nice end up working out? Any downside?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Red Warrior posted:

Just caught up. Bin man race from Perez wow. How did he not get a penalty for the off track pass on Stroll? The stewards said he voluntarily gave it back but that was only because he ran into the back of Magnussen lol.

Or penalized him for running into the back of kmag lol

Residency Evil posted:

How’d staying in nice end up working out? Any downside?

Other than the train being a bit full and smushed today on the way home, zero downside. They also added like 70 extra trains everyday or some poo poo too. But like from time race ended to time I an sitting down in Nice eating gelato is under 2 hours which beats the Austin experience by far. I guess you miss the chance of running into a driver by chance on wednesday night or some poo poo but I would absolutely do Nice again if I were going.

The sun is ridiculously hot though without cover even at 73°. Friday and Saturday we had seats in the top row of L and T3 respectively and had shade/cover the whole day, also top row means you can stand up during the event to stretch without ushers yelling at you. We were in K today which is the main big stretch of grandstand and completely uncovered and the sun really is bad, and I lived for years in San Jose as well as have been to Vegas for work in the summer multiple times. I absolutely recommend trying to get a shaded seating arrangement. I would not sit in K again for example, even if it had a really good view of the track.

Also overall the production for local people including PA announcers and TV and sound and everything around the city was so much better than Austin. Food was half the price and much better quality of selection while also being deliverable to your seat in a reasonable amount of time.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 28, 2023

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Thanks Ants posted:

If you have a 5s penalty to serve and you get fastest lap on the last lap of the race, does that lap have 5s added to it taking away your fastest lap? Or does the 5s just get added to your total race time?

total race time, so if you're 20s ahead of the next guy it's 15s instead

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Witeldram posted:

ovals are worse than monaco

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

george being a little rules lawyering pissboy begging for team orders again :sad:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is going to be the most boring season ever.

gently caress. I think I hate Red Bull and Verstappen.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They had no chance against Verstappen. He still got second. It didn't cost anything.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

TheBacon posted:

Food was half the price and much better quality of selection while also being deliverable to your seat in a reasonable amount of time.

I was in Monaco at Grand Prix time one year and we stopped at a cafe for lunch that could see cars going by through gaps in the advertising. Was very surprised that lunch was like 15 euro even with a beer.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i missed the race but in the highlights there were two mclaren passes shown!

:lando:

obligatory gently caress frogboy and red poo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

Or penalized him for running into the back of kmag lol

Other than the train being a bit full and smushed today on the way home, zero downside. They also added like 70 extra trains everyday or some poo poo too. But like from time race ended to time I an sitting down in Nice eating gelato is under 2 hours which beats the Austin experience by far. I guess you miss the chance of running into a driver by chance on wednesday night or some poo poo but I would absolutely do Nice again if I were going.

The sun is ridiculously hot though without cover even at 73°. Friday and Saturday we had seats in the top row of L and T3 respectively and had shade/cover the whole day, also top row means you can stand up during the event to stretch without ushers yelling at you. We were in K today which is the main big stretch of grandstand and completely uncovered and the sun really is bad, and I lived for years in San Jose as well as have been to Vegas for work in the summer multiple times. I absolutely recommend trying to get a shaded seating arrangement. I would not sit in K again for example, even if it had a really good view of the track.

Also overall the production for local people including PA announcers and TV and sound and everything around the city was so much better than Austin. Food was half the price and much better quality of selection while also being deliverable to your seat in a reasonable amount of time.

That’s super helpful, thanks. Are you able to walk around/explore Monaco/the area at all (ie like Austin), or is everything just so cramped/tight that you’re essentially limited to a small area around your paid-for seating area?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

That’s super helpful, thanks. Are you able to walk around/explore Monaco/the area at all (ie like Austin), or is everything just so cramped/tight that you’re essentially limited to a small area around your paid-for seating area?

The actual race days are more limited to just where you get funneled, but you can do in and out to grab a bite at a cafe like said above if you want to skip porsche or whatever. We went in to monaco on tuesday and had like free reign to walk basically anywhere behind all the guardrails and stuff. We got some walking track tour that I think was worth, but you also can 100% walk around the whole track and pop out for shot looking up beau revage and poo poo np. I have a bunch of random pics around the place. It def felt way more open than Austin imo.

Also my understanding is that after the race events every day abd people clear out the place opens up more. But we only stuck around one night for a nice dinner, mostly wanted to get back to nice for the stuff there which was real nice (heh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
there was just a comedy accident on pit road in the indy 500