Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Ulio posted:

What's gonna be the noob friendly character in the base game that is not a charge or shoto, I actually managed to get to plat with Ed on SF5 but he was easy mode, just won on pure anti air dmg most fights.

The majority of the launch cast seems more complex in their kit than most of the SFV roster, even ryu and chun now have to worry about character specific resources and stances. Luke and Guile seem the most "simple" in design but are a shoto and a charge which you weren't interested in.

Honestly? If you were able to hit plat I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit, just pick who you think is the coolest and you'll get on fine imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Tiger Millionaire posted:

pick who you think is the coolest and you'll get on fine imo

Tbh I think this is the best character picking advice in general

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I really like the look of Manon based purely on vibes. I've tried to watch what limited stuff is out there and understand her but I hope I gel with her playstyle. I just think she's neat!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Weird Pumpkin posted:

man I miss the days of just having character threads

I've enjoyed the combination of wiki+discord more than the SRK forums. There seems to be way more activity and good info in the former, even if the discord stuff can be ephemeral.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want the game now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Real hurthling! posted:

I want the game now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I want the game now

Been saying this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Give me those street fights.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/may/28/sf6-custom-avatar-training-mode/

you can use your custom av in training mode

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

we are going to see one of the greatest desk combo videos of all time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It seems like a given that you would be able to do that, but its nice to get that confirmation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AleksLeVO/status/1662907117932617728?t=HcVpjdKABOrbR_qoDtqs4w&s=19

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Luke haters been reeeeeeaaaaal quiet since this dropped

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wild how he single handedly rehabilitated Luke.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Capcom, just give Le full creative control over Luke, there's no way you can top that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sf6 luke is basically that already

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://old.reddit.com/r/Kappachino/comments/13tlquy/in_case_you_didnt_know_fireballs_now_work/

So that explains why installed Guiles just get their entire stack of booms wiped out with a single hadoken.

What's Dee Jay's EX boom? Is it also two? Because that feels like the immediate pain point.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 28, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/AleksLeVO/status/1662918646736506880

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Double Bill posted:

I'd guess Marisa or Lily.

Do they have good anti air options? Once I switched from Ryu to Ed in SFV I just realized how a character with multiple anti air is just busted in ranked.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
For the lulz, in case anyone was wondering what the answers to the personality quiz was:

code:
AAAAA	JP
AAAAB	Dhalsim
AAABA	Zangief
AAABB	Manon
AABAA	Lily
AABAB	Juri
AABBA	Jamie
AABBB	Chun-Li
ABAAA	Kimberly
ABAAB	Cammy
ABABA	Dee Jay
ABABB	Ryu
ABBAA	Guile
ABBAB	Ken
ABBBA	Luke
ABBBB	Blanka
BAAAA	Kimberly
BAAAB	Cammy
BAABA	Dee Jay
BAABB	Ryu
BABAA	Guile
BABAB	Ken
BABBA	Luke
BABBB	Blanka
BBAAA	Guile
BBAAB	Ken
BBABA	Luke
BBABB	Blanka
BBBA-	E. Honda
BBBB-	Marisa
Note: Honda and Marisa do not get a fifth question.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
How's Dee Jay? Heard he's no longer a charge character

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Shoenin posted:

How's Dee Jay? Heard he's no longer a charge character

He's half charge now. The upkicks anti-air and fireball are still charge, but sobat and machinegun upper are motion inputs now.

With the sways and fake moves he's also one of the more complex characters now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ulio posted:

Do they have good anti air options? Once I switched from Ryu to Ed in SFV I just realized how a character with multiple anti air is just busted in ranked.

Marisa's anti-air options are weird but Lily can guerilla herself through anything, including anti-airing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/benchmark/en/

They released a benchmarking tool.
Hopefully the actually game has that feature too, to actually test people's setups before allowing them into Ranked.
SF4 had that. Bring that back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/kujikawaii/status/1663179429718138888?t=GnUHG1M5ys2_ByyygYzSAw&s=19

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I feel like this one artist is pushing this one ship so hard that I'll be genuinely confused if SF6 ever mentions they aren't together.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I don't ever remember being this hyped for a fighting game, even after playing them all my life. My attitude for upcoming fighting games was usually "I need to have a game to play, and this one looks alright and will be reasonably popular." My thoughts for this game are "I hate that I'm not playing this really well put together and amazing-feeling game right now."

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/benchmark/en/

They released a benchmarking tool.
Hopefully the actually game has that feature too, to actually test people's setups before allowing them into Ranked.
SF4 had that. Bring that back.

16 GB for a benchmarking tool, is this normal?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Symbolic Butt posted:

16 GB for a benchmarking tool, is this normal?

It's assets for 1v1 fights, battle hub and several world your scenes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I feel like this one artist is pushing this one ship so hard that I'll be genuinely confused if SF6 ever mentions they aren't together.

They're right to do so. I hope world tour doesn't try to pretend Juri is actually cool or threatening and not a weird loser.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

chumbler posted:

They're right to do so. I hope world tour doesn't try to pretend Juri is actually cool or threatening and not a weird loser.

All her animations have her being a petty dork so I'd doubt it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They turned Juri from the first female villan in Street Fighter (I'm pretty sure?) into god drat Harley Quinn.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Is there any reason behind this ship beyond "the artist thinks that they're both hot?" I barely remember anything about Menat's story mode and I haven't tried beating arcade mode with her, so if she and Juri have interacted I have no idea

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just thinks they're cute together is all

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Menat doesn't have anything going on beyond "is Rose's apprentice"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Devs went so hard into the Fighting Mechanics that they didnt notice the concept artists let their freak flags fly until Juri takes a foot selfie postmatch

ROFL Octopus posted:

Dee Jay’s looking like the most interesting veteran in a game where everyone has sauce.
Its really amazing how much fun I had with the beta. Tapping into those high school memories of just wasting quarters with friends while loving around in 3rd Strike.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 29, 2023

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dee Jay’s looking like the most interesting veteran in a game where everyone has sauce.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Is there any reason behind this ship beyond "the artist thinks that they're both hot?" I barely remember anything about Menat's story mode and I haven't tried beating arcade mode with her, so if she and Juri have interacted I have no idea

It's literally entirely based on this pocky box:

And from there it's just cause it's a cute pairing. Though they've since put that art into the official art books and stuff, so who knows :shrug:

They've definitely leaned into goblin juri though in terms of how she acts

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SwissArmyDruid posted:

For the lulz, in case anyone was wondering what the answers to the personality quiz was:

code:
AAAAA	JP
AAAAB	Dhalsim
AAABA	Zangief
AAABB	Manon
AABAA	Lily
AABAB	Juri
AABBA	Jamie
AABBB	Chun-Li
ABAAA	Kimberly
ABAAB	Cammy
ABABA	Dee Jay
ABABB	Ryu
ABBAA	Guile
ABBAB	Ken
ABBBA	Luke
ABBBB	Blanka
BAAAA	Kimberly
BAAAB	Cammy
BAABA	Dee Jay
BAABB	Ryu
BABAA	Guile
BABAB	Ken
BABBA	Luke
BABBB	Blanka
BBAAA	Guile
BBAAB	Ken
BBABA	Luke
BBABB	Blanka
BBBA-	E. Honda
BBBB-	Marisa
Note: Honda and Marisa do not get a fifth question.

Babba is Luke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

They've definitely leaned into goblin juri though in terms of how she acts

https://twitter.com/kujikawaii/status/1662209618024734721/photo/1