Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Guy has an obsession with Miorine and her supposed Innocence and purity and he comes off like an obsessive idol stalker who gets furious if he discovers she has a boyfriend outside of her public life. It's really amusing that he's so pathetic.
I thought about bringing it up last week but since it's still relevant, of course right after they enter the room Shaddiq's first move is to walk between the "couple".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ninjewtsu posted:

that's a weird conclusion to draw from the statement given. "anything that fails was always going to fail" maybe makes sense when talking about a deterministic universe but not when judging the merits of a position. getting hosed over by prospera is like losing a race to an olympic athlete.

i'm curious why you think the earthians said they'd stop protesting in support of her. if she had nothing to offer, why give her that support?

If it weren't Prospera, it could be Shaddiq, or Peil, or pretty much anyone else. Prospera completely hosed everything over by the expedient of forcing one singular tank to misfire a single round that didn't hit anything and it touched off a massacre. This doesn't seem like a very difficult situation to false flag and sabotage!

As for why they offered to support her, because it costs them absolutely nothing so it's worth a punt? The offer was "we'll stop protesting for ten days", which is a purely symbolic gesture to help her see if she can make something happen. If she can somehow pull out a complete miracle, great, if she can't, they didn't give anything substantial up and the situation continues as before until Benerit starts dropping bombs on them.

ninjewtsu posted:

definitely notable that despite everyone wanting delling dead no one ever actually managed to kill him. like the position comes with some kind of inherent power that gives you the tools necessary to protect against that sort of thing.

Delling came to power with the support of Dominicus, i.e. the space military, and very clearly retained that support throughout his tenure as president given Miorine's chats with the Dominicus officer who insisted she take Kenanji and a bodyguard to this meeting. Having the implicit support of the space military is a very powerful thing when you're running a cabal of amoral arms dealers; not only do they provide you with a reserve of muscle, they're also some of your best customers that you don't want to offend.

Would Miorine inherit that? Maybe, maybe not, leaning towards "not" if she supported a climb down from arms production.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 29, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yup that's the obvious and textual narrative in the episode.

Well done for correctly identifying the factual statement and not underlying intent.

What we're discussing exists entirely as a hypothetical because there was never any hope for a plan to succeed as long as it was operating within parameters set by Prospera. She posed the situation and set it up for Miorin to take the bait. Once she did every other decision was irrelevant because the trip ultimately doesn't matter beyond what Prospera gets out of it.

And that's the tragedy. All of it was for nothing in Miorine's perspective, and yet she's still going to benefit from the bloodshed.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 29, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

This

I like this :hmmyes:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Benerit didn't exist, but the companies that make up Benerit did. Sarius was a lead player in those events, and Delling wasn't even a corporate guy yet, he was still functionally a military representative.

Delling was a manager under Sarius. He was ex military at the time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Renee will turn on Shaddiq when he insults Backup Boyfriend Number 14.

Anyway, I'm fulling expecting Shaddiq to put two and two together and figure out Prospera is the true manipulator behind the scenes. And then to trying to off her in a way that goes very, very bad for him.

I mean he does know, he specifically states that Prospera must have been on to them when he learns about the destroyed Gundams.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He does know but he's more mad about his totally future girlfriend getting icky, guys. Keep taking those losses you blond douchebag.

Though I do question if Shaddiq realizes that Prospera was acting on her own rather than on behalf of Miorine and Gund-Arm. He correctly notes that Prospera sniffed him out after she probed him with questions last week, but it may be that he still only views Prospera as an employee rather than as a rogue agent.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 29, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
fyi that's kenanji's mom imho

e: wait what

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The real threat for humans living in space is Type II diabetes

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

fyi that's kenanji's mom imho

e: wait what

As a fellow fat, Kenanji's comments on Earth gravity loving with his joints kinda resonated with me :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Adun posted:

The real threat for humans living in space is Type II diabetes

Kenanji was weight down by Earth's gravity to he went to space to help him pack on more cholesterol

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Miorine's plans were derailed, but I feel that her becoming president was not. Prospera is merely shifting the basis of what makes her eligible, with the violent peacekeeping of Earth by her specifically being a fork in that road. Let's see if she's willing to walk down that path, because that's what lies ahead for her now, at least according to Prospera's machinations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You might say that the path Miorine is stuck taking to win the presidency is not the best way :smug:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Hellioning posted:

I mean he does know, he specifically states that Prospera must have been on to them when he learns about the destroyed Gundams.

He knows that Prospera is onto him, yeah, but I specifically mean knowing that she's puppetmastering Miorine and Guel rather than working with them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeCCBWWadSs

Still raw.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/myo_kp003/status/1663127578608119812?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know what I want? Next episode to an entire Suletta episode where we just follow her around and see how she's doing. See how she's grappling with getting several years worth of revenge, memories and loss forcibly uploaded into her mind. See how she's coming to terms with being a clone. See how she's processing what people did to her and how she feels about that even if she does understand why they did it.

I want to see more of her working through this and I'm hoping that her scenes in this week's episode were the first steps rather than the resolution of her revelations. She's part of the way there. She understands now, and says that she didn't understand a thing before. But that wasn't because of wilful ignorance on her part, Suletta literally was being tricked and kept in the dark her whole life until she had the truth thrust upon her. Saying "I didn't understand a thing" is step one. Step two is going "and I didn't understand because NOBODY loving TOLD ME."

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 30, 2023

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
ok way off topic but my Chuchu's Demi Trainer kit just showed up and WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME CHUCHU'S MS HAS HEELYS

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/eggtempest/status/1663266435614019585?s=20

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
love that loving scoundrel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MechaGirlOTD/status/1663342699322265600?t=29qjYNXj9BZx7zcxVj9Dyw&s=19

I got thinking. What happens if the election gets aborted by a sudden awakening of Delling? At the end of this episode Shaddiq has been exposed and during his chat with Hanao they say Sabina and the other Grassley girls are getting called to squadron up. With Guel racing back to Asticassia there's a possibility that they might not even make it to the election before shots are fired. And then in the middle of all this Delling awakens and what has already been a deteriorating situarion turns to absolute chaos between the already fighting houses and whatever the hell Peil intends to do when ChatGPT barfs up a content strategy for them.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 30, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/FireSisterBee/status/1663248052230946819?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So did the Llfrith Ur and Thorn just get blown up offscreen? When Prospera and Shaddiq are sparring they mention that the mobile suits used in the Rumble Ring attack used a self destruct to prevent equipment from being salvaged, but the pictures shown looked like wreckage of the Gundvolvas. Did they mean the two Gundams also exploded? That would be such a waste if the two Llfriths didn't show up again, detonated offscreen and only told that they're gone four episodes after they were last seen.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Arc Hammer posted:

You know what I want? Next episode to an entire Suletta episode where we just follow her around and see how she's doing. See how she's grappling with getting several years worth of revenge, memories and loss forcibly uploaded into her mind. See how she's coming to terms with being a clone. See how she's processing what people did to her and how she feels about that even if she does understand why they did it.

I want to see more of her working through this and I'm hoping that her scenes in this week's episode were the first steps rather than the resolution of her revelations. She's part of the way there. She understands now, and says that she didn't understand a thing before. But that wasn't because of wilful ignorance on her part, Suletta literally was being tricked and kept in the dark her whole life until she had the truth thrust upon her. Saying "I didn't understand a thing" is step one. Step two is going "and I didn't understand because NOBODY loving TOLD ME."

Yeah I really wanna see this too. We're short on time, though.

Arc Hammer posted:

So did the Llfrith Ur and Thorn just get blown up offscreen? When Prospera and Shaddiq are sparring they mention that the mobile suits used in the Rumble Ring attack used a self destruct to prevent equipment from being salvaged, but the pictures shown looked like wreckage of the Gundvolvas. That would be such a waste if the two Llfriths didn't show up again.

Something that helps me out is I go ahead and disbelieve every single word Shaddiq ever says to a Spacian.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://twitter.com/codie_sys/status/1662781207111782400

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think Norea's Gundam didn't get blown up. She just got away after the school attack, presumably it's sitting in some Grassley hanger somewhere.

Because it's a Gundam, it would be weird to just have it disposed of off-screen while the pilot is still alive, even if it would make logical sense.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I hope we get a second season i'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're in the second season now!!!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But they're calling it episode 19 rather than S2 Episode 7 and furthermore I need some copium

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
It's too popular and making too much money for there to not be another 2 cours, but I expect QZ/Prospera to be resolved by the end of this cour.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

All this stuff with the SAL and its shady authoritarian dealings suddenly cropping up smells like a plot hook for S2.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Flowing Thot posted:

It's too popular and making too much money for there to not be another 2 cours, but I expect QZ/Prospera to be resolved by the end of this cour.

Season 3: Miorine and Suletta's Daily Life As A Married Couple

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I dunno, imagining a Season 2 keeps making me think of Gundam 00 and Code Geass and how both dropped off hard in their second halves.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

I dunno, imagining a Season 2 keeps making me think of Gundam 00 and Code Geass and how both dropped off hard in their second halves.

I wouldn't say 00 dropped off exactly. It changed tack into a more traditional Gundam plot sure but it's nowhere the dumpster fire that Code Geass R2 was.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I need some sort of infographic to keep track of all the factions and players in this show, it's getting frankly too convoluted for its own good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Quiet Zero fails to end everything but the greater political situation is in shambles with the Benerit Group torn apart, Earth rallying for independence and the SAL exposed for funding terrorists. Setup for Cour 3 or what have you.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I gotta say, though I found the corporate setting a refreshing change from outright war among factions X Y and Z, I've flipped my opinion on it entirely and now the business plots side of the show bores me to death. I don't know what's going on and can't make myself care. And the idea that these fuckin' kids all catapulted to the top positions in these companies is just beyond stupid. Sure, if they were all 5-10 years older, hell yeah that's how nepotism works. Mostly I just think it's hilarious I can 100% completely suspend my disbelief in the central conceit of "human shaped giant war machines" which we all know is wildly impractical but rule of cool, baby, and yet Shaddiq and Guel and Miorine already becoming shot-callers basically on the same level as national heads of state in terms of influence just trips my bullshit detector and doesn't let off.

edit: Just to clarify I'm not completely down on the show all of a sudden, though; these mobile suits are very quickly becoming my all time favorites, and I'm still extremely invested in what's going on on the human side of the story between Suletta and Miorine and Prospera/Eri/Aerial.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 30, 2023

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Bloody Pom posted:

I wouldn't say 00 dropped off exactly. It changed tack into a more traditional Gundam plot sure but it's nowhere the dumpster fire that Code Geass R2 was.

Nah as much of a mess R2 is it's a lot more entertaining and has higher highs then 00S2. 00S2 is just really boring and loses pretty much everything that made 00S1 interesting outside of the sick mecha designs and some good fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I really liked how we went from murderous hard-edged enemy ace, to this jolly teddy bear, and then woops the jolly teddy bear absolutely thinks the peace negotiations will blow up, and then he gets his Game Face on a street kid for intel and it turns out the hard edge wasn't ever really gone. Wonder what Guel is making out of his idol.