Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

During an election cycle??? Bro it's May of 2023
I keep telling everyone to stop hanging their election decorations so drat early :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Brah I've had my Biden 2024 political sign out in the yard since January 1st

Also my "anybody but feinstein" sign since April 2nd

Maybe we should allow a 6 year first term, and a 2 year "extension " term still max 8 years. This 4 year cycle is exhausting and only benefits the news outlets

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I apparently had covid a week ago, are there any tracker apps I can use to inform people I've been in contact with? I just checked CA Notify and the app is no longer in service.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Hadlock posted:

Biden 2024

Lol, lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

America Inc. posted:

I apparently had covid a week ago, are there any tracker apps I can use to inform people I've been in contact with? I just checked CA Notify and the app is no longer in service.

there might be an app supplied with your test that you can use to report but I don’t think anyone is doing any self reporting anymore

and yes, I also got a notification from the app that california is not doing any more tracking so I don’t think there’s anywhere to report it anymore. And even if you do manage to report it, anyone who has been in close contact will not be notified.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

what I do is I usually just text people directly because if I’m within 6 feet of someone indoors and I don’t have my mask, I usually know who they are

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
The bad news is that California is no longer closely tracking covid, the good news is that being able to turn off Blu-tooth means my battery life tripled.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Whoops, is this cspam?

I mean, id rather vote for anyone else, but apparently the rasin puppet masters will not give us any other choice

I can see a 80 year old limit being added at some point

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
poo poo better not be like LotR and once the boomers are gone GenXers go "but we just got in office in our 40s it wouldnt be fair!"

Hadlock posted:

I can see a 80 year old limit being added at some point
loving poo poo if you retire at 68 then that should be the public office cap as well. Be a volunteer at your local municipal office or someshit. Gtfo

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Hadlock posted:

I mean, id rather vote for anyone else, but apparently the rasin puppet masters will not give us any other choice

"... and i am a-ok with that state of affairs"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Hadlock posted:

Brah I've had my Biden 2024 political sign out in the yard since January 1st

goony as gently caress

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hadlock posted:

and yet you are already signaling your support for him before the primary campaigns have even begun

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

and yet you are already signaling your support for him before the primary campaigns have even begun

Having a Biden 2024 sign is dumb, and so is this.

Who was the last incumbent Democratic president to have a serious primary challenger? Johnson?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Having a Biden 2024 sign is dumb, and so is this.

Who was the last incumbent Democratic president to have a serious primary challenger? Johnson?

This is the California thread. The democratic candidate, whoever they end up being, is going to win in your state. Having any yard sign for a general election is dumb, but especially someone you claim not to like, who is going to win your state, period.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
My "Harris 2032" sign is raising a lot of questions answered by my sign

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
So is my "Newsom 2025" sign

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"But he will have termed out by then! If Newsom was still governor, he'd have become a dictator!"

"Yes."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sydin posted:

"But he will have termed out by then! If Newsom was still governor, he'd have become a dictator!"

"Yes."

He’s a robot. Futurama rules apply.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also the Independent California Republic elects its emperors on five-year cycles (all of whom are retroactively declared descendants of Emperor-for-Life Norton I)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Tayter Swift posted:

My "Harris 2032" sign is raising a lot of questions answered by my sign

Is 2032 when black voters will forget she's a cop

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

CPColin posted:

So is my "Newsom 2025" sign
The first person to simultaneously hold the offices of President of the United States, Governor of California, and Senator of California.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Whoops, is this cspam?
:rolleye:

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Hadlock posted:

Whoops, is this cspam?

This thread got moved without my permission (which is required) but I refuse to cede the territory

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

That's fair, objection retracted

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Figures everyone stopped posting in the D&D one so they stole the active one back. It's just like voting folks!!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Figures everyone stopped posting in the D&D one so they stole the active one back. It's just like voting folks!!

I don't know where the "D&D is dead" stuff comes from, C-spam is the third busiest forum and D&D is the 4th.

vvvv edit: sure here you go

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 31, 2023

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Someone link me to the forum power rankings plz

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Jaxyon posted:

I don't know where the "D&D is dead" stuff comes from, C-spam is the third busiest forum and D&D is the 4th.
All of the forums are dead, and also gay.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

cat botherer posted:

All of the forums are dead, and also gay.

On this comedy website???

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

this is Serious Business

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FlapYoJacks posted:

On this comedy website???
It's really a reach to say there's anything funny here.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

sb hermit posted:

there might be an app supplied with your test that you can use to report but I don’t think anyone is doing any self reporting anymore

You guys are still whistling happy birthday while hand washing

Right?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

FYI some time in the last 24 hours this thread got moved (back?) to D&D and thus is under different rules than GBS

I figured a badmin would point this out since most people browse via bookmarks, but I guess not :shrug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

All You Can Eat posted:

You guys are still whistling happy birthday while hand washing

Right?

I last washed my hands in 2022

Hadlock posted:

FYI some time in the last 24 hours this thread got moved (back?) to D&D and thus is under different rules than GBS

I figured a badmin would point this out since most people browse via bookmarks, but I guess not :shrug:

I didn't even realize it was in GBS!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

im saint germain posted:

This thread got moved without my permission (which is required) but I refuse to cede the territory

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Hadlock posted:

I also didn't realize it was in GBS

What would we call this? That this thread was State of Jefferson'd for some amount of time?
Or I guess in our case State of Jeffrey of YOSPOS'd?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Allstate just stopped offering house insurance in California. https://www.sfchronicle.com/california/article/insurance-allstate-fires-18130622.php

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

My old Allstate-affiliated agent said Allstate hadn't been writing policies for years. My homeowner's insurance through her was with Pacific Specialty because of that, and that's as of 2015.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Muir posted:

My old Allstate-affiliated agent said Allstate hadn't been writing policies for years. My homeowner's insurance through her was with Pacific Specialty because of that, and that's as of 2015.

Oh, that's interesting. Betting the big insurers are playing chicken with the State; see this quote. "The cost of rebuilding has increased with inflation, but Allstate can't adjust prices quickly due to state regulation, Nash wrote."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Muir posted:

Yeah, this wasn't really news to me. They refused me insurance back in 2018 due to fire risk, I was surprised they were still even targeting ads to me.