Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/tallestgoblin/status/1663574095223754753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it does seem like we’re in a time where the masses understand there’s great uncertainty and extreme precariousness of the times; like everyone is just kinda holding on in stasis waiting for the shoe to drop. I don’t think anyone believes in “soft landing” rhetoric or return to the insane 2020 bull market 🚀🚀moon is ever coming back; just standing by hoping not to fall off the wagon when it jerks suddenly

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

:getin:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1663574948214894593?s=20

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

FC about to kamikazi the USA economy into the AI bubble, wooooooo :stoked:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/BDStanley/status/1663105742222635008?t=m5f_bV5vo2Nulpo3shyF2w&s=19

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

No money to feed school kids though

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

More like doodoo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

No money to feed school kids though

what if we put kids into work camps for F38 maintenance and then feed them??? they get to help freedom america stay ever freeer defending are country, and they get some scrap morsels instead of begging like entitled children. win win

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What have school kids ever done for me?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Smart

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

StratGoatCom posted:

Nah, there's a good chance this is the final hurrah or close to before the sector finally matures
The economy will crash, for real this time!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It would cost $21b a year to feed every kid at every school in the country without any gatekeeping bullshit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

this is actually good and woke since it prevents evil putinler from interfering in polish democracy and undermining freedom

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I don't accept living like this and in fact will not be

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This wouldn't have had to happen if no one ever got the idea faggots are people too...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

People with prior conditions could sometimes still get insurance but only in the high deductible class, old sick people were packed in at most of the entry level places I worked at in the tech sector prior to aca because those were the only places that would insure them lol

I knew a guy with 25 years of experience doing tech support and he was taking calls for a cell phone provider because he had one of his shoulders replaced and nobody would insure him anymore. career just completely and permanently dead ended because you got hurt.

I have a congenital heart condition so I was told to always have continuous coverage no matter what because if I tried to enroll after a lapse, I could be denied for a prior condition. This basically limited my employment options to ones that had insurance.

I was laid off from my first job -- a startup -- after 2 years or so. Had to maintain coverage though so while unemployed I was paying out the rear end for COBRA coverage.

Only found out that I was paying money for nothing actually, as it turned out, when I was riding my bike and crashed when I was run off the road (Florida...) and broke my toe and my coverage was denied at the hospital. I had to spend a couple days on the phone to get them to activate the coverage I had paid for and backdate it. Very cool system.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chad Sexington posted:

I have a congenital heart condition so I was told to always have continuous coverage no matter what because if I tried to enroll after a lapse, I could be denied for a prior condition. This basically limited my employment options to ones that had insurance.

I was laid off from my first job -- a startup -- after 2 years or so. Had to maintain coverage though so while unemployed I was paying out the rear end for COBRA coverage.

Only found out that I was paying money for nothing actually, as it turned out, when I was riding my bike and crashed when I was run off the road (Florida...) and broke my toe and my coverage was denied at the hospital. I had to spend a couple days on the phone to get them to activate the coverage I had paid for and backdate it. Very cool system.

Our system is beautiful and gave you the choice of whether you wanted to waste countless hours on the phone to get the service you paid for or simply pay out of pocket for Healthcare costs. The free-market works, and when you respect that, you'll understand it too.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol the cobra system is such incredible garbage its incredible.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

every time I see something like this it makes me wonder if people really don't save their bacon grease. washing aluminum is something we did when we were really poor but it's easier to get cookware with lids that have clasps

I used to get mad at all the kinda-rich kids that didn't have these problems growing up but ha idiots most of you don't even know how to cook

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

silicone thrills posted:

All the healthcare you can afford, and you're guaranteed the right to it for 18 months!!!!

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

every time I see something like this it makes me wonder if people really don't save their bacon grease. washing aluminum is something we did when we were really poor but it's easier to get cookware with lids that have clasps

I used to get mad at all the kinda-rich kids that didn't have these problems growing up but ha idiots most of you don't even know how to cook
I've been using beeswax cloth covers instead of foil or whatever for a few years now. They're waterproof, form around lids easily, and don't tear like foil does. You can buy them pre-made, or just make yourself them by melting beeswax into reasonably densely-woven cotton cloth. They wash with lukewarm water. Every once in a while I'll toss them in the laundry, and then re-apply wax.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is “exclude opposition politician from public life for up to 10 years” corpo speak for imprison for 10 years?

Just making sure I didn’t have a stroke while reading that tweet. It’s basically enacting a Dictatorship with flowery language, right?

/edit: Some searching leads me to believe it is supposed to ban people from public office for up to 10 years. And that the main purpose of this bill is to keep his party in power in front up an upcoming election they are slated to lose their majority. So maybe not quite full on Dictatorship. But you can see it from there.

Orvin has issued a correction as of 18:04 on May 30, 2023

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Xaris posted:

what if we put kids into work camps for F38 maintenance and then feed them??? they get to help freedom america stay ever freeer defending are country, and they get some scrap morsels instead of begging like entitled children. win win

If the food is free, that's moral hazard sorry

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Orvin posted:

Is “exclude opposition politician from public life for up to 10 years” corpo speak for imprison for 10 years?

Just making sure I didn’t have a stroke while reading that tweet. It’s basically enacting a Dictatorship with flowery language, right?

extended vacation to elba

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It would cost $21b a year to feed every kid at every school in the country without any gatekeeping bullshit.

That's almost 3 F-35's!!!!!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That's almost 3 F-35's!!!!!

Just building them, or the maintenance contract alone?

I now understand why there was such a drive to kill the A-10 Thunderbolt by the MIC (or whoever). Despite how successful and popular it is with pilots and troops.

No idea if this website is accurate, but

quote:

Initial Investment.
The baseline expense of the A-10 Warthog is around $13.4 million per plane. This cost covers the initial purchase price, fees for training, and transfer costs from the defense contractor. Furthermore, ongoing repairs and upgrades must be accounted for to maintain peak performance.

I get that they are probably trying to do different missions, but still. When you need to blow some poo poo up on the ground, maybe send in 100 of these things to terrorize the poor people that live there. And have some money left over to air drop some “Aid”.

Orvin has issued a correction as of 18:15 on May 30, 2023

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

we must have planes that can't fly to protect the freedom to starve the right kids

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
A Wall Street investment banker bleeding out on the steps of stock exchange writing "Bullish Q2 forecast" in his blood on the concrete.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

this was obvious since the beginning of time

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

mine is fuckoff expensive and i hate it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1663598689753890835?s=20

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

triple sulk posted:

mine is fuckoff expensive and i hate it

When my husband quit his job and got his cobra letter - we had been paying like 200$ a month for our insurance and the Cobra cost was like 3k a month.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The ACA did

In a world where the ACA didn't pass, 80% of Americans are uninsurable

Healthcare costs went up & coverage diminished for a lot of people. The Medicaid expansion was good but not universal nor with universal benefits.

Even before the ACA there were federal regulations for continuous coverage, which mandated that insurers had to take you if you'd gone no longer than six months without insurance between employer or individual coverage.

But yeah, they could & did charge you higher prices for pre-existing conditions as opposed to now when they can just ding you for your age or if you're a tobacco user.

I had a $10k deductible for an individual policy I carried in the aughts, a far cry from the [checks notes] $8k deductible that now is standard for bronze plans.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 18:58 on May 30, 2023

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

If the boondoggle plan can't fly,it can't get shot down.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

too expensive + most jobs pay a dogshit wage despite requiring a degree

become an electrician, plumber, forklift operator, etc. Your body will be broken but you'll have a better chance of affording a hovel

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

covid didn't help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Word's getting out it's a debt trap with little better prospects.