Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If we're going to analogize this stuff at all it's more like throwing clay in that you have a lump of 'stuff' that you chuck at a wheel and start spinning. Most artists I have known usually don't have a specific idea in their head when they start, just a general idea (a cup, vase, something for mothers' day, a pencil holder) and you work it till something forms. Sometimes it seems like everything you throw is amazing, sometimes it seems like nothing you do is making anything and it all sucks. Prompting is really similar to me, you throw words and sometimes amazing stuff comes out right away, sometimes it's all bullshit and nothing is working no matter how much you work on it. MOST of the time you throw something, an output sparks something, and you work toward whatever it suggested to you. For every picture or sound clip I post there are tens of others that didn't work with a whole heap of words that lead nowhere.

It's the same with writing, sometimes you're on fire and everything you write is gold, other times nothing is forming and you are having a poo poo day and can't write a goddamn. Anyone that's ever created without AI knows that you can spend an hour on whatever, an image, song, tweaking and then just go "no, this sucks" and just drop it and flush all that effort away because it ain't working.

Using these AI systems, and I know I've said this about myself more than a few times this year (almost literally, June 1st 2022 is when I got midjourey access early on) fits exactly in the same headspace as all the other creative poo poo I've ever done. Just now you get to collaborate with a dumb artless robot but boy it's eager to do whatever you want whenever you want without complaining.

Bucnasti posted:

That baby is rad as hell and I would totally party with him.

"A circle logo with a chubby baby glam rock god and bright colors on it, in the style of dark compositions, cypherpunk, linear illustrations, layered colors, poolcore, emphasis on character design"

EDIT
And to add to the clay throwing analogy, if you put that prompt in Midjourney most of the time you'll get straight-on shots of the baby looking right at you, but if you add "side profile" in the prompt suddenly you get something more like that baby I originally posted, without 'side profile' and with:

I have no idea what 'poolcore' is but when you ask MidJourney what a picture is with the /describe function it ends up suggesting a lot of ----core words so it must mean something to it. This is also where the clay analogy comes into it even more, I don't know all the compositions of clays and dirts and all that when sitting at a clay wheel, but I do know how to manipulate them to get neat results. This is why words that don't seem to mean much make their way into whatever prompts I fire at these systems because it doesn't matter that much. Think of it like seasoning, 'poolcore' means something to the AI so it changes the output, this goes for any input at all. Add 'hellfire tony pony' in there why the hell not:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Shakespeare in the pork

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
made some backdrops for my kids' school portraits, screw you "we have lasers!"

60s candy mascots pattern flat wall blue

african pattern wallpaper lithograph

bauhaus abstract geometric wallpaper

colorful amplifiers pattern wall flat straight lithograph

colorful boomboxes pattern wall flat straight lithograph

colorful mid century soviet cyrillic matchbook covers pattern straight

colorful patterned skateboard decks wallpaper

colorful speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

complex flat chess pieces duotone lithograph wallpaper

complex origami flat blueprint schematics wallpaper

flat chess pieces charts lithograph wallpaper

hand painted speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

mid century minimalist eames wallpaper pattern

patterned skateboard decks wallpaper lithograph

patterned skateboard decks wallpaper

pop art speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

retro ice cream confections pattern wallpaper

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

"I sleep in a racing car, do you?"

Screenshot from a late 90s infomercial selling a racecar bed, dad with a mullet

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KakerMix posted:

'poolcore'

This needs to be the theme of the day.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

SD latches onto the word pool in 'poolcore' pretty hard and thinks you just want expensive looking indoor pools.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sedgr posted:

SD latches onto the word pool in 'poolcore' pretty hard and thinks you just want expensive looking indoor pools.

I very much do, thank you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KakerMix posted:

"I sleep in a racing car, do you?"

Screenshot from a late 90s infomercial selling a racecar bed, dad with a mullet

hell yeah

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sedgr posted:

I am super down for poolcore, since it seems a lot like those aquarium houses I was making and I would love to make more :allears:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Seems like a theme to me! These places look expensive.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Holy poo poo yes. I tried a prompt like this with Bing (monster trucks in the colliseum, gladitorial combat, surrounded by Roman crowds, with Roman cheerleaders visible), but the results weren't anywhere near as convincing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

XYZAB posted:

Holy poo poo yes. I tried a prompt like this with Bing (monster trucks in the colliseum, gladitorial combat, surrounded by Roman crowds, with Roman cheerleaders visible), but the results weren't anywhere near as convincing.

Different models have different strengths. Even with bing though keep trying and rewording. You can usually find something even if you have to get creative.

You can make planets in most things with "fantasy hand drawn map wrapped around a sphere floating in space" generic planet will mostly just get Earth clones.

Do not be afraid to get creative and just describe what feature you want to represent something to get the image you want.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Here, enjoy some Synthwave Poolcore Cyberpunk

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

pixaal posted:

Different models have different strengths. Even with bing though keep trying and rewording. You can usually find something even if you have to get creative.

You can make planets in most things with "fantasy hand drawn map wrapped around a sphere floating in space" generic planet will mostly just get Earth clones.

I've just about got Stable Diffusion up and running at home, but the choices to make between models is what I'm stuck at. Is there a good/better/best one that everyone is more or less agreed upon?

ymgve posted:

possible PTSD from watching Norwegian 80s children shows?

What was the deal with old kids' shows and giraffes coming in through the windows?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Am I doing this 'poolcore' thing wrong?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
water for everyone!

edit: too wet, let's dry you off

"When you only see one pair of footprints, that was when I carried your stack of corporate binders"

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 31, 2023

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

pixaal posted:

Do not be afraid to get creative and just describe what feature you want to represent something to get the image you want.

I'm wondering if Bing handles language differently, or if it makes passable images for almost any prompt because the parameters are set for "general purpose." Thanks y'all for the advice.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

XYZAB posted:

The real trick is to ask for the hot tub seats. Use code POOLCORE to book yours today!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Can you even call yourself an angel investor tech startup if you don't have a kooky office space?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
put me in the back rooms equivalent of a lazy river and forget me cause I'm not getting out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

XYZAB posted:

I've just about got Stable Diffusion up and running at home, but the choices to make between models is what I'm stuck at. Is there a good/better/best one that everyone is more or less agreed upon?

If you want just Stable Diffusion models, I was using it even more generally to include MJ Bing and Dalle.

Honestly I used 1.5 and 2.1 for a very long time like until March I was just using them with control net and other plugins, get to know the base model and how it's worded most other models are just trained on to of 1.5, so learning to make good images with base 1.5 is a good starting point.

I currently like
normal Civitai warning :nws: content exists here and may exist in comment images for any model or lora.
https://civitai.com/models/10540/verisimilitude verisimilitude for realistic
https://civitai.com/models/9409/or-anything-v5 anything v5 for anime

and I really haven't found a good general art one I usually just go for a prompt that's vague and prompting styles then run it against like 5-6 models then refine on whichever model I feel had the most interesting set of 16 images or whatever I generated to test.

Be sure to grab .safetensor versions .pickle can in theory have executable code and could house a trojan. I don't think any actual examples have been given of one in the wild but why not just wait for the safe one to get uploaded if they don't someone else will likely do it and post a link in the comments if the model is any good.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 31, 2023

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

KakerMix posted:

I have no idea what 'poolcore' is but when you ask MidJourney what a picture is with the /describe function it ends up suggesting a lot of ----core words so it must mean something to it.

xcore works much like xpunk does, should we try to find a bunch of xwords to share?

poolcore
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Version: v1.2.1

poolcore
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 4, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 32, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

poolpunk
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 1, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Version: v1.2.1

poolpunk
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 4, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20, Denoising strength: 0.48, Version: v1.2.1, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 32, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

XYZAB posted:

I'm not sure if there's a widely accepted 'general model' so here are a bunch.
These are some older models I can personally vouch for. I know you can get quality out of these.
Protogen Infinity
seek.art MEGA and related seek.art MEGA Midjourneyv4 DreamLike mix
Analog Diffusion. However this model has been stripped down to just a LoRA, is 1.7 gigs smaller, and can now be used with a different model. If you're going for specific camera settings it's a good start at least.

These are newer generations and the jump in quality is noticeable.
Rev Animated
Realistic Vision

I haven't tried these latest generations yet but they look promising.
M4rv3ls and Dungeons
Xenoengine
Cyberrealistic

If you click the 'Script' dropdown at the bottom you'll find "X/Y/Z Plot". This allows you to make grids of images so you can compare settings and models to see for yourself what each thing does. Grids are your friend.
On settings like 'Samplers' there is a yellow box you can click to auto fill all available so you can compare them all at once.
Important note that 'Hires. fix' upscaling does a tremendous amount of work in fixing up and adding details on an image. It's definitely something you want to learn how to use.

And finally for MUCH further reading, https://sdtools.org/. This giant wheel has doubled in size since I first linked it and I'm personally not even half-way through some of these. Still haven't even started using ControlNet lol. I say it's ok to feel lost in all this, just have fun with it and see what you can come up with. Be sure to share with the class!

These are excellent monster trucks!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I prefer to lock a seed and add remove words switch models and learn that way, grids are a good comparison tool but I couldn't really make good use of them until I had a solid feel for SD. Now it's just automatic if I want something dripping I know if moist misted or wet is the better choice automatically, not wet enough? add more!

Having one hell of a time right now to get a poolcore kitten laser pointer fight but I will find the combination of words that doesn't give me melted cat face! *sigh* okay adding human to the negative stop giving me naked women in this pool! Why does the pool make this model so horny!

holy poo poo that was it human negative instantly good cats! Now to get the composition how I want.

e: okay nope we're done even with a stack of negatives getting it more towards a photo reads topless woman sunbathing in pretty much everything that isn't the base model. I'm thinking it's pool and kitten in the same prompt. base 2.1 might work but I think I'll try something else with pools

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 31, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I've found the SD checkpoints Deliberate, Realistic Vision, RevAnimated, and Dreamshaper all to be different enough to be useful.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

giraffe on steroids

djinn / genie giraffes

imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff... AI works the same way

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 31, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

is there an AI bot that combines two songs, ala Girl Talk

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

brocked posted:

made some backdrops for my kids' school portraits, screw you "we have lasers!"

60s candy mascots pattern flat wall blue

african pattern wallpaper lithograph

bauhaus abstract geometric wallpaper

colorful amplifiers pattern wall flat straight lithograph

colorful boomboxes pattern wall flat straight lithograph

colorful speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

complex flat chess pieces duotone lithograph wallpaper

hand painted speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

mid century minimalist eames wallpaper pattern

patterned skateboard decks wallpaper lithograph

patterned skateboard decks wallpaper

pop art speakers lithograph wallpaper flat straight

retro ice cream confections pattern wallpaper

These are awesome, too bad they don’t tile or I’d have an endless wallpaper rotation.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dicty Bojangles posted:

These are awesome, too bad they don’t tile or I’d have an endless wallpaper rotation.

Automatic 1111 the most popular frontend for Stable Diffusion supports tiles out of the gate - make whatever you want, or maybe we can do a tile day I don't think many people have really posted any tiled images I think I've seen 1 or 2 people other than myself ever post one.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tiling is kind of hit or miss, sometimes its tough to make it follow much of a prompt.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

is there an AI bot that combines two songs, ala Girl Talk

https://rave.dj/ did that, haven't used it in a while but should still be operational

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

no matter how much I try to keep the negatives reasonable after 3-4 loops of upscaling and downscaling I end up with either half naked women sunbathing by the pool or people that look more like Microsoft Emojis Honestly I think I like the base image better bah (It has no idea what a log flume is other than found in a theme park) Looking at it again I guess the original does have some flesh mounds.

log flume, poolcore, disco rave, sharp focus, exciting, 4k
<lora:steampunkai:0.33>
Negative prompt: captcha, font, text, boring, dull, sleepy
Steps: 20, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 13, Seed: 389273557, Size: 768x512, Model hash: 79939acf90, Model: verisimilitude_v2, Version: v1.2.1

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

pixaal posted:

Honestly I used 1.5 and 2.1 for a very long time like until March I was just using them with control net and other plugins, get to know the base model and how it's worded most other models are just trained on to of 1.5, so learning to make good images with base 1.5 is a good starting point.

KwegiboHB posted:

I'm not sure if there's a widely accepted 'general model' so here are a bunch.
These are some older models I can personally vouch for. I know you can get quality out of these.

And finally for MUCH further reading, https://sdtools.org/. This giant wheel has doubled in size since I first linked it and I'm personally not even half-way through some of these. Still haven't even started using ControlNet lol. I say it's ok to feel lost in all this, just have fun with it and see what you can come up with. Be sure to share with the class!

These are excellent monster trucks!

Hell yeah, thanks to you both.

Is there a way I can train a model off of the contents of an 80gb folder of images I've been collecting for the last 15 years? It's mostly old SA memes/photoshop phridays/vacation photos, but I think it'd be interesting to use a dataset that I'm already intimately familiar with just to see how SD interprets and remixes it. Edit: Google says yes, yes I can, but if anyone has a link or a hot tip they wanna throw at me to make it easier, I'm all for it.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1664006436463026176?s=21

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Computer, show me goon caves

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sumerian Telecom posted:

Is AI art good now? Has it gotten good yet? I haven't checked in a while but am very curious - what do you think?

Why ask us? Ask the source…

MJ Prompt: “Is AI art good now?”

I think that means yes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

Why ask us? Ask the source…

MJ Prompt: “Is AI art good now?”

I think that means yes.

Is this based on Data's daughter's appearance? I'm not sure why it reminds me of her directly comparing they look different but something keeps nagging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Looks a little like there's some Krysten Ritter DNA in the mix there too, to me.

e: Prompting for Krysten Ritter weaves in some Kate Micucci and Zooey Deschanel. We're approaching manic pixie dream girl critical mass.

Krysten Ritter, hair in the style of bangs, red shirt

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 1, 2023