Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry this poo poo rules. Spring and fall races here please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Sorry this poo poo rules. Spring and fall races here please.

It took me a min to warm up [prolly cause I was watching COTA all wknd] but yeah this track rules

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ohhh so the actual race is later tonight? I was very confused.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Virgil Vox posted:

Ohhh so the actual race is later tonight? I was very confused.

Yeah same lol.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Please bring the track back again. So fun

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

They are probably going to repave it and it will suck for a few years but I can’t see them not having this track on the schedule going forward.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, this was a very good way for them to test the waters with it. Yeah a repave will suck, but as long as they keep the banking, layout, and uphill/downhill straights, I think it'll be fun.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Why do repaves suck?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

First half: Hey, this is fun!

Second half: What the gently caress is this.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Great track, horrible race. Someone dump someone. Make it interesting

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think that was fine, larson just stunk up the show. a longer race with green flag stops and that tire falloff would have been very cool

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think that was fine, larson just stunk up the show. a longer race with green flag stops and that tire falloff would have been very cool

Yeah, and with 12 more cars, that track gets a bit more packed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

iospace posted:

Yeah, and with 12 more cars, that track gets a bit more packed.

Also adding the backmarker cars that couldn't win a race last year would give more traffic for the leaders to fight through.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/1660462526201581570?t=ddq7STG9SncpH5L9DAvJdw&s=19

Dale Hath Spoken.

For 27 years, I felt deprived that I only got to see one race there and much of my exposure to it in my formative years/the pre-internet/YouTube era was centered around running there on NASCAR Racing 2. If a race where one car stunk up the show means this track is back on the schedule in some form, so be it.

I've also never seen a track with such dramatic swings in terms of a car going from trash to fast. It happened with the 41 in one of the heats and Larson in the main.

E- Tl;dr, I hope Bruton was looking up and frowning.

camoseven posted:

Why do repaves suck?

Tires don't wear as much, which can make the track easier to drive, which can make a worse/more boring race.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 22, 2023

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Just got tickets for Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

This weather sucks!!!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Raining again?? I got some poo poo to do so plz delay by a few hrs.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Very naughty from Chase

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i get the sense that denny is not well liked in the garage

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

You don't pay somebody back on a speedway, rear end in a top hat, especially in this car of questionable safety.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1663283678640844806?s=20

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

You don't pay somebody back on a speedway, rear end in a top hat, especially in this car of questionable safety.

"Once you hit the wall in these things, you can't drive them anymore".

You drove it pretty well to the left. :ramsay:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

theyll probably suspend chase but it seems like the threshold for penalizing people for wrecks is that they have to explicitly admit to it so you gotta say that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

chamois posted:

theyll probably suspend chase but it seems like the threshold for penalizing people for wrecks is that they have to explicitly admit to it so you gotta say that

Eh, Matt Kenseth got time off for insisting a right front tire went down right into the left rear of Logano's car and the wall at full throttle.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This was the dumbest poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/dennyhamlin/status/1663328528320921601

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ah yes, stock car racing. The home of manic social media posts and drivers tweeting safe from home.

Couldn't possibly come up with a reason people have stopped watching.

Edit: I mentioned it on the Discord but the impromptu Hocevar interviews under the rain delay earlier were very amusing. Funny to see young drivers just actually being themselves and Hocevar surely has a future on the mic.

mischief fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 30, 2023

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chase is suspended. LaJoie in Chase’s car and Hocevar in LaJoie’s car.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Suspending the golden boy for a pretty pedestrian intermediate wreck.

Boys have at 'em.

Edit: LaJoie in the 9 loving lol.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if they're suspending bubba for an identical wreck last season then yes this absolutely deserved one

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was pretty much the same move Bubba did, and just as dangerous so 1 week off seems like a fair penalty.

Bubba had to go farther down the track to hook Larson, but Vegas is a wider track, especially in the dogleg.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

denny hamlin sucks so bad. idk what point he thought he was making by pointing out that his drivers also do this.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2023/05/31/nascar-issues-l3-level-penalty-to-stewart-haas-racing/

God drat lol

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i could be convinced that tony was putting fake parts on briscoe's car to save money

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

LOL Is there any legit reason or purpose to have “counterfeit” versions of the single source parts in the garage, let alone installed in a next-gen cup car?

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 1, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Howard The Dork posted:

LOL Is there any legit reason or purpose to have “counterfeit” versions of the single source parts in the garage, let alone installed in the a next gen cup car?

Could there be a dollar savings or would the counterfeit ones be inherently expensive one-offs?

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Could there be a dollar savings or would the counterfeit ones be inherently expensive one-offs?

Seems like there would be significant financial risk considering the possibility of a penalty. I point to the Pocono tape incident from last year as an example.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Howard The Dork posted:

Seems like there would be significant financial risk considering the possibility of a penalty. I point to the Pocono tape incident from last year as an example.

Wasn't that the reason NASCAR initially went after Hendrick teams earlier this season, something about off-brand louvers or whatnot?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I think Hendrick got in trouble on the hood vents but I could be wrong. This is really just shots fired by NASCAR saying play the game their way. Everything I've heard has been really vague but if the 14 team thought they had a clever way to make the front windshield actually relevant for downforce with all these vents I can understand why they tried it.

Zippy posted:

“We had a quality control lapse and a part that never should’ve been on a car going to the racetrack ended up on the No. 14 car at Charlotte. We accept NASCAR’s decision and will not appeal,” Zipadelli said.

mischief fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That Portland race was fun. Played out like a proper heat race with the non-competition cautions between the stages, and had plenty of chaos to boot.