Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Whoa out of nowhere a day after I finally put in a single job application, an old coworker I liked texts me asking if I'm interested in a remote job :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hell fuckin yeah do it

Remote owns so much

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:golfclap:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Whoa out of nowhere a day after I finally put in a single job application, an old coworker I liked texts me asking if I'm interested in a remote job :staredog:

Hell yeah tell your current boss you need an emergency meeting and then present your drat balls on zoom

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

:lol:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Toxic Mental posted:

This format has potential

lmfao

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

I would still use my Zune if the smart phone didn't erase all that technology from the planet. It had the nicest vibrant screen out of any of them at the time imo. I had a diamond Rio, an rca Lyra 2, a Dell DJ, an iPod video, and the Zune. Zune was the best.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Can you get me one too? I had an interview today with an HVAC company and I think I got the job but remote sounds better.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Motorola One 5G Ace :smug:

Ouch. My condolences. :(

I have one of those, too. It's why I now use a Pixel 6 as my primary phone.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

:c00lbutt::respek::c00lbutt:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell yeah tell your current boss you need an emergency meeting and then present your drat balls on zoom

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I feel like I'm finally closing in on my third remote job after a year and a half (had to tell them I'll quit the first two).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I won't tho. :ssh:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I thought you were going slightly crazy from having two already though

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Holy Miley finally off my.. *checks notes* 13 hours at the dick sucking factory what a poo poo show of a day

gently caress my company and fuuuuckkk my idiot replacement manager

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wendigee posted:

Holy Miley finally off my.. *checks notes* 13 hours at the dick sucking factory what a poo poo show of a day

gently caress my company and fuuuuckkk my idiot replacement manager

Yup

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

I thought you were going slightly crazy from having two already though

While I was secretly flipped 12 hours around on the other side of the world for a month and a half without google or drop box, yeah def. I'm pretty good now and easily handling things in under 3 hours between 9-5.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That will teach me to ever login early to get a little done before the day starts. Fuckkk that.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kntfkr posted:

While I was secretly flipped 12 hours around on the other side of the world for a month and a half without google or drop box, yeah def. I'm pretty good now and easily handling things in under 3 hours between 9-5.

Wait weren't you saying that you were hiding job #2 from job #1 and then they found out and were like "oh okay well as long as it gets done"

Bro you gonna be rolling in skrill

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

Wait weren't you saying that you were hiding job #2 from job #1 and then they found out and were like "oh okay well as long as it gets done"

Bro you gonna be rolling in skrill

My bosses from job 2 knew. Job 1, there's really unclear communication and the CEO started asking scary questions about what it is I do all day to my direct boss but now Walmart is requiring a bunch of departments to start tagging everything with RFID stickers and no one else can quite wrap their heads around the process so my job should be safe until February at least.

None of these pay that well but if I'm able to bill 100 hrs a week then yeah I'll be able to do some catching up and stop being broke at 37. :cool:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

That sounds deeply unsatisfying compared to half working one job and enjoying time with family and pets

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I'll just have to schedule time to deeply satisfy myself.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I hope you one day learn the value of not working instead of working

It's a lesson too many people only learn too late

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I might be like 15 years behind schedule on my retirement fund but I'd rather spend my 30-60s actually enjoying life and just live off the state the last few of them

That's why I chose the "work remote but barely do anything and enjoy family and pets" instead

Work to live, don't live to work, etc. Rooting for you bro

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Kramer your way through life

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

late to the conversation but i worked 4 days a week for at least half a decade and i dont regret it

yeah you make less money, but you have a long weekend every weekend

ive been working 5 days now for the past 2 years in order to get a promotion and such, but im really gonna try to get back to 4 days again

its the best

edit:

also no offense to remote workers but almost all of my job is customer facing literally with real people and i have to deal with departments that definitely have been work from home for the past 3 years and some people are totally useless. luckily the bank has a pretty good hierarchy so i just "miss teams" their manager and cc my branch manager in on it to get what i want when i find a work from home slacker.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 1, 2023

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

late to the conversation but i worked 4 days a week for at least half a decade and i dont regret it

yeah you make less money, but you have a long weekend every weekend

ive been working 5 days now for the past 2 years in order to get a promotion and such, but im really gonna try to get back to 4 days again

its the best

edit:

also no offense to remote workers but almost all of my job is customer facing literally with real people and i have to deal with departments that definitely have been work from home for the past 3 years and some people are totally useless. luckily the bank has a pretty good hierarchy so i just "miss teams" their manager and cc my branch manager in on it to get what i want when i find a work from home slacker.

work 4x10 and you'll really be living the dream

i've been doing it for a year and it fuckin owns, also I'm remote and gently caress around posting on sa or watching youtube 70% of the time

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i work 16 hours a week remote and I'm poor as hell but if I didn't have my 4 day weekend and drinking lunch Tuesdays my brittle mental health would shatter

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know, I like my lovely budget phone. The only thing about it that actively bums me out is that it will freeze if I try to take videos at concerts. Otherwise, no complaints, especially considering the price.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

all smartphones suck rear end to varying degree

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I caught up with the end of Sucksession last night. I can't believe they made the little crippled boy CEO.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know, I like my lovely budget phone. The only thing about it that actively bums me out is that it will freeze if I try to take videos at concerts. Otherwise, no complaints, especially considering the price.

Why are you at a concert loving with your phone and not high as balls next to a speaker singing at the top of your lungs?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why are you at a concert loving with your phone and not high as balls next to a speaker singing at the top of your lungs?

Because being high as balls is for playing word games and watching YouTube blooper reels & American Dad at home

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's nice to have video of a good set that you can look at and remember later. My wife always films stuff so I can just bop along but she never gets a full song, it's always like a minute or two but she always manages to get decent footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQexS_dC5jc

That reminds me, I should buy Pixies tickets today.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Because being high as balls is for playing word games and watching YouTube blooper reels & American Dad at home

That's the wonderful thing about being high as balls, it can happen anywhere.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Favorite places to be high as gently caress:

The skating rink
A beach in summer
The couch with a bag of sour Skittles

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
you and I eating pork in the statue of liberty's torch

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993