Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Devo posted:

Kang is borderline impossible to balance with that effect. He's either going to be basically worthless (the current status quo) or completely broken beyond imagination.

Maybe make it so on the replay turn you get to draw an extra card to replace your Kang in hand, but snaps don’t get reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Kalman posted:

Maybe make it so on the replay turn you get to draw an extra card to replace your Kang in hand, but snaps don’t get reset.

I think replacing your Kang with a draw would be one of the things that totally breaks him

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I lost 2 spots trying a theory but if you drop Kang in Deep Space, Quake it so it's not there anymore, then Zola him out, the screen goes crazy and then both copies disappear.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

parasyte posted:

is dinohawk just dead? lost like 15 ranks lately with this exact deck

would be nice if i could ever touch infinite but i'm probably gonna drop below 50 at this rate

I’ve been cycling through a bunch of decks in infinite (also Hela, Galactus, Sandman Ramp, Patriot, High Evolutionary with Black Widow/Beast), but I broke into 116 off of pretty much exactly this one (- Lad, + Maria Hill) after it got me there in the first place.

I’ve made it up to 119, my only real motivation is tricking out variants and completing pool 3.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
A minor buff would be to make Kang cost the current turn number, so you can play him whenever you want.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

wyoak posted:

nothing changes with the play but you get a custom avatar and title
it's galactus and the title is "IM PLAYING GALACTUS"

After I hit infinite I changed my handle to “Not Playing Galactus” with the season pass Wolverine avatar and played Galactus. There was one guy who instantly conceded before the animation went off when I played it against him and when I matched up against him the next day he conceded immediately lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
If you play Odin on Hobgoblin, does gobby change sides twice?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marx Headroom posted:

Wouldn't Hobgoblin be over on the other side by the time Odin does his thang?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Marx Headroom posted:

Wong makes it happen twice, Odin just makes On Reveals happen again. He'll send a goblin back though, if that's what you mean

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

Wong makes it happen twice, Odin just makes On Reveals happen again. He'll send a goblin back though, if that's what you mean

Right, thanks. My brain calculated Odin as two On Reveals I guess. I love Hobgoblin but I'd rather he stayed on the enemy side.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
You can Zola goblins and duplicate them and send them both back.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
if you drop him on bar sinister you get to send over a whole little fleet and even keep a spare for yourself!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fuse them together and get Hoblodengoblin.

6/0. When played, it doubles On Reveals that are there, then flies to the other side of the board, then flies back. :haw:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This may be the worst I've ever seen anyone shoot themselves in the dick and balls with a final turn Galactus play.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 1, 2023

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The only change Galactus might need is like, an opening animation showing that he’s in the deck. And then maybe buff him to a 6/6 or something to compensate

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Bottom Liner posted:

You can Zola goblins and duplicate them and send them both back.

This is always very satisfying

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

hanyolo posted:

A minor buff would be to make Kang cost the current turn number, so you can play him whenever you want.
Still to good of a buff. He would be a deck thinner on any turn but turn 1.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The only change Galactus might need is like, an opening animation showing that he’s in the deck. And then maybe buff him to a 6/6 or something to compensate

The first part would even be on-theme.

"The Heralds of Galactus are individuals who became servants of the Devourer of Worlds, Galactus. They scavenge the universe for desirable planets for their master to consume and they signal his coming."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t see how that helps, I don’t think there’s any non-obvious Galactus decks out there

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yondu wolverine electro wave and doc ock are the heralds of Galactus

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Someone dropped Deadpool so turn 2 I drop Hazmat. This is the way the game is meant to be played.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Power of Pecota posted:

After I hit infinite I changed my handle to “Not Playing Galactus” with the season pass Wolverine avatar and played Galactus. There was one guy who instantly conceded before the animation went off when I played it against him and when I matched up against him the next day he conceded immediately lol

Well if you see someone doing the same thing, but their name is Not Galactus, that’s me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Opopanax posted:

I don’t see how that helps, I don’t think there’s any non-obvious Galactus decks out there

I hit one earlier that only works on Rickety Bridge apparently, it was like Galactus buried in a Destroy deck. Galactus on 5, Bucky on 6 so he outlives anything you have there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Someone dropped Deadpool so turn 2 I drop Hazmat. This is the way the game is meant to be played.

Looking up what Deadpool does makes me think Resurrection Man Mr. Immortal would be a fitting card for this game. And then that led me to think it would be awesome to have some more comedy team cards like from GLA or Nextwave.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 1, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Looking up what Deadpool does makes me think Resurrection Man would be a fitting card for this game. And then that led me to think it would be awesome to have some more comedy team cards like from GLA or Nextwave.

Flat man was Datamined a while ago so he is coming at some point

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, nice. I'm assuming for good reasons they wouldn't do Big Bertha. I guess maybe that's it, actually. Doorman is extremely similar to Cloak so he's not really a compelling addition except maybe a more limited version of Cloak and with lower cost and power, and obviously Squirrel Girl is already in the game.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Decided to roll Iron Patriot, and this is somehow the first time I've ended up with real big numbers; before I've only seen them in screenshots. Honestly kind of shocked they didn't leave after I Skrull'd their Wong-Leader'd Onslaught.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

Oh, nice. I'm assuming for good reasons they wouldn't do Big Bertha. I guess maybe that's it, actually. Doorman is extremely similar to Cloak so he's not really a compelling addition except maybe a more limited version of Cloak and with lower cost and power, and obviously Squirrel Girl is already in the game.

Someone made a bunch of GLA joke cards and Doorman was "if played in the middle allows cards to move from one side to the other".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game desperately needs some sort of booster exchange system. I have over a thousand for multiple characters and no credits to spend on them. Some I have just how I want them aesthetically and won't use any more. It's ridiculous how many things give you boosters once you get past 50 for the season.. Let me exchange them for some other currency, I'd even take a really poo poo exchange rate.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 1, 2023

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Eh the boosters are just the filler. It's kind of annoying to have so many for the pool 1/2 cards I used getting started and more annoying not to have any for new cards I want to upgrade, but I guess that's life.

that booster magnet they talked about would be welcome at least because even with their changes I'm still getting tons of boosters for cards in my deck where I have way more than I need while I just want another 15 or whatever to boost up whichever card I haven't used much but is now in a netdeck i stole. and then i have to hope for another 40 or 50 to boost them again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The booster magnet is in the game. Play with a card you dont have enough boosters to upgrade further and its 2x more likely to get boosters. IE purple border iron man when you have 20 boosters. Red border when you have 30 boosters. Grey border when you have 1 booster. etc. Its long-term meaningful but pretty subtle game to game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Someone made a bunch of GLA joke cards and Doorman was "if played in the middle allows cards to move from one side to the other".

That would be cool.

Doorman probably wouldn't be appropriate for this but it'd be interesting if there was ever a card that allowed movement to loop around. As in, go off-screen and come back on the other side. Or effects to loop around.

Spider-Verse would have been the perfect opportunity to bring in The Spot for that, actually.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Yeah, at this point, turn 1 Yondu alone is such a dead giveaway that I actually wonder if you could get more mileage out of Galactus by playing random cards Turn 1/2 so that he is actually a surprise.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Avasculous posted:

Yeah, at this point, turn 1 Yondu alone is such a dead giveaway that I actually wonder if you could get more mileage out of Galactus by playing random cards Turn 1/2 so that he is actually a surprise.

I never liked Yondu in Galactus for exactly that reason. Korg (poo poo up their deck a bit), Hood (for the 1/6 drop at the end), or Zero (esp if you're playing the Destroyer Galactus version) all seem like reasonable alternatives that don't provide as much of a heads up.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Korg also makes them think you're playing Darkhawk/Doomwave, it's a good misdirect.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Avasculous posted:

Someone in this thread was doing this and when I tried out the deck they posted I had some fun success surprising people with Galactus

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Infinite Karma posted:

Korg also makes them think you're playing Darkhawk/Doomwave, it's a good misdirect.

Yondu is a great 1 drop because they think you're playing destroy/Galactus and it gives you info/tells you both they don't have their combo. I run him in my Zola/Odin ramp and it's incredibly effective.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Avasculous posted:

While Yondu is obvious, he does provide one extra card for Death and Knull, which can be a big help since you’re usually not playing much on turns 1-2 anyway.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
I did it! Hit infinity for the first time with my FTP account. Wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the advice. Used a bunch of High Evo Lockjaw before swapping to Iron Patriot.

# (0) Wasp
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Wave
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

SmockJoc posted:

I did it! Hit infinity for the first time with my FTP account. Wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the advice. Used a bunch of High Evo Lockjaw before swapping to Iron Patriot.

# (0) Wasp
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Wave
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron

Congrats! I bought Jeff instead of Iron Lad. I don’t regret it because Jeff really helped with my control deck but Iron Lad looks so strong in so many decks.