Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I missed the Seele banner, when those come back in Genshin are they extra banners alongside the Patch banner and the Standard banner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bagrada posted:

I missed the Seele banner, when those come back in Genshin are they extra banners alongside the Patch banner and the Standard banner?

Genshin moved from single banners to two banners at a time in 2.6 iirc? So it will be quite a long time. It'll just be one character at a time for a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bagrada posted:

genshin reruns vary. there used to be only two banners per patch, one at a time, the way star rail has been so far. this was true regardless of if it was a rerun or a new character. then they moved to two limited banners at a time. this sometimes leads to two reruns at once, one new character and one rerun, or very occasionally two new characters at once.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've given up on Jing Yuan, but at least I got Tingyun, 3 Sampo, 3 Sushang and several good light cones. I even managed to superimpose a few 4 star cones.

Someone has a level 60 Seele for use so I always use her to grind out Calyx. I wouldn't mind having her, but I have 2 very strong Hunt characters already and Quinque is good and fun for Quantum.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like responding like a boomer to texts. Like this one where Asta sends a scam link and I go "The link isn't working for me"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I like responding like a boomer to texts. Like this one where Asta sends a scam link and I go "The link isn't working for me"

you will get along well with Bronya :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

To people who were wondering about the legitness of that monthly shop characters graphic posted earlier, it just changed over to June here on the Asia server and it's Nat/Sampo like the graphic said.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

Man Sampo and Nat in the shop tomorrow? Sucks. I have no need for Sampo cons because I haven't leveled him, and I have like a E7 Nat already

Shucks

To contrast I will finally have all the 4 stars once I obtain a Sampo so I am excited.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

There's two endorphs now

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There's 4 of us actually it's just that only 2 of us play Star Rail.

The Bocchi Bandit has struck again.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hellioning posted:

To contrast I will finally have all the 4 stars once I obtain a Sampo so I am excited.

Same but I'm gonna see if he shows up while rolling for Silver Wolf first.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got Sampo on the standard banner recently so now I am only missing Pela.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Ibblebibble posted:

There's 4 of us actually it's just that only 2 of us play Star Rail.

The Bocchi Bandit has struck again.

That's confusing, but funny and also a good show.

Also it's tempting now to spend extra time in the mornings taking out a few of the trash mobs now that I know that they even give exp.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I will buy Sampo #2 in order to complement his 8/8/8 traces.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Will I be starved for the Tracks of Destiny? Should I buy them out of the shop before the refresh or just save for the star rail passes?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
I bought them. There aren't many of them available (the recent event gave us one, and all the rest I think are from trailblazer level rewards) and they're needed for traces. The star rail passes you can buy with the same currency are also limited per month, so you can probably afford to get all the passes and the tracks each month if you're pulling a bit each month.

Edit: You also get 1 a week from SU, so I guess you could skip them if you're fine with that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm going to buy them. Theoretically you can run out of pity currency if you save up too long, but eh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Where did you guys get your Arlans wtf

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
2 from Standard banner, 1 from LC banner. I don't suppose anybody actually raise him yet though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Same but I'm gonna see if he shows up while rolling for Silver Wolf first.

Yeah I'm gonna need the currency from that for him anyway.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Meowywitch posted:

Where did you guys get your Arlans wtf

I've really wanted to try him and he's of course the only 4 star I don't have. I took the first few weeks very slowly so I missed him in the shop.

Luckily, I've learned the way of Qingque.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Since there is nothing much going on until the 1.1 patch drops I've been lurking on bilibili watching HSR content like the sexy Svarog dance (inexplicably only the second-most popular in that series of videos).

Which is how I just learned that Qingque winks at you when she draws a four-set. drat, why did no one tell me this, I've been living in 2x speed land for too long.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

sandorius posted:

Since there is nothing much going on until the 1.1 patch drops I've been lurking on bilibili watching HSR content like the sexy Svarog dance (inexplicably only the second-most popular in that series of videos).

Which is how I just learned that Qingque winks at you when she draws a four-set. drat, why did no one tell me this, I've been living in 2x speed land for too long.

It's a self-evident charm point and should not be needed to be pointed out :colbert:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

haypliss posted:

2 from Standard banner, 1 from LC banner. I don't suppose anybody actually raise him yet though.

Mine is level 40, just like everyone else I have. Arlan is OK but basically requires a healer to be effective thanks to his skill. I find Serval just does his job better in most cases, and I also have Tingyun.

I also have Dan Heng and Sushang who are much better at single target dps and don't harm themselves in the process.

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

I've really wanted to try him and he's of course the only 4 star I don't have. I took the first few weeks very slowly so I missed him in the shop.

Luckily, I've learned the way of Qingque.

Quinque is really effective on a team with Herta. You can waste your points getting Quinque up to blast everything and let Herta follow up. March helps too, as long as things are vulnerable to ice.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The point of Arlan is he does decent damage but he doesn't cost a skill point. Not costing SP is a pretty big advantage, though it does require a different team comp, especially because destruction chars have a higher agro value than other classes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

sandorius posted:

she still does it at 2x speed tho?

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
It goes by too fast and it doesn't help that she's using the eye that's partially covered by her bangs. I thought it was just a finger snap and spin.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Ugh, there is a new daily check-in for the month on their website again? I was happy it was over and I would not need to keep opening their site.

Also, I have had Bronya for a while and still have not figured out how to use her. If she is on a team it is constantly starved for skill points, and I am not sure if any one of my characters is good enough that it is worth buffing them at that cost. Do you just need someone like Seele who does more damage than the rest of the team combined to make it worthwhile?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
The daily check in for hoyolab (for each of their games) refreshes every month, and is meant specifically to get people to engage with their official community.

The rewards are so small that you can skip it. It's like 60 space gems a month, a handful of character/weapon exp mats, a trickle of credits and some consumables you'll never use.

Bronya is very good but you do need characters who are skill point positive on the same team (like Fire Trailblazer), and not be afraid to have her just regular attack sometimes when you had to use more skill points elsewhere to cover an emergency (she advances her own next turn a bit when she does, and auto-crits on that attack - its still a decent use of her turn). I have her decently built for my level (with a crit damage 5* relic, which is the stat her ult scales off of), so I get good results from her. I can imagine earlier on that harmony characters in general feel worse to use.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Eimi posted:

The point of Arlan is he does decent damage but he doesn't cost a skill point. Not costing SP is a pretty big advantage, though it does require a different team comp, especially because destruction chars have a higher agro value than other classes.
And with E1 Sushang basically does the same thing without hurting herself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arlan was overpowered in the betas and had his numbers nerfed into uselessness. thats really all there is to him, a unit with theoretical advantages who had his numbers overcorrected.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

arlan was overpowered in the betas and had his numbers nerfed into uselessness. thats really all there is to him, a unit with theoretical advantages who had his numbers overcorrected.

Ditto Herta. He got less crippled than her, but that's pretty relative.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lol at nerfing characters in a single player game

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Gotta give some room for powercreep to do its thing

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Can't have the early 4* be so strong people will think about not rolling for the 5*s essentially.

It also means later limited characters have to have bigger number multipliers as well causing various inflations they might not want yet.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's true, no ethical game designer has ever changed a number during development.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
As far as I know they nerfed a lot of the cast from their beta forms. Almost everyone used to do substantially more damage compared to live(which is how you get stuff like the beta video of a level 70 Jing Yuan vaporizing level 70 Cocolia in one action). Amusingly, from the leaks, Silver Wolf was nerfed in the opposite direction - they carved away a chunk of her debuff/utility and upped her damage instead.

I think it was less a case of "gotta make room for power creep" and more of "the player party hits so hard that they're at a risk of trivializing the content in the game, so we can either nerf the characters or buff all the content".

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Man the cost/diminishing returns on trace levels above 7 seems pretty crazy. Is it safe to just stop there or is there some hidden power jump at higher trace levels that I just don't know about?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Lol at nerfing characters in a single player game
i mean lots of stuff gets nerfed during development of games. thats kind of the point of betas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Symphoric posted:

Man the cost/diminishing returns on trace levels above 7 seems pretty crazy. Is it safe to just stop there or is there some hidden power jump at higher trace levels that I just don't know about?

its fine to stop there but if there's characters you use a ton you want to increase their important stuff.