Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

in the single player open world mode, not a big fan of how little money you make from just running around fighting people. I know that this is made this way because Capcom wants you to swipe your credit card. Still feels bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I said come in! posted:

in the single player open world mode, not a big fan of how little money you make from just running around fighting people. I know that this is made this way because Capcom wants you to swipe your credit card. Still feels bad though.

What about from doing quest instead of just trying to rob nobodies on the street

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

World tour is weird and funny but uhhhh….NRS isn’t losing the crown for compelling single-player fighting game content anytime soon.

That said this is a lot of fun! The AI in arcade mode gets pretty vicious around level 6-7.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

incorporeal posted:

What about from doing quest instead of just trying to rob nobodies on the street

Yeah quests are where the money is at for now, but I imagine that once those quests run out, you'll still be way short on being able to buy new clothing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So people who have unlocked early, what's the alleged battlepass look like?

Smoking Crow posted:

Throw loops are back

I mean, if you weren't already throwlooping people during the betas, do you even want to win?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind, I just found mini-games, and these are going to be your source of income.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So people who have unlocked early, what's the alleged battlepass look like?

I mean, if you weren't already throwlooping people during the betas, do you even want to win?

It’s still not active yet - it just says that a battlepass is coming TBD in the menu.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There are cops you can fight.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
and they don't just immediately cap your rear end? 0/10 unrealistic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said come in! posted:

There are cops you can fight.

Her name is Chun-Li

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wish.com version

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Game is being review bombed on steam because gamers are the biggest group of knuckle dragging morons on the planet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is it the wi-fi thing

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

All the reviews are with like 0.1 hours played, so tech issues as usual in every release ever.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it the wi-fi thing

From what I can gather it’s people that unlocked their game early while the applicable servers aren’t up yet

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Probably a side order of Denuvo too

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Double Bill posted:

This is against Steam TOS though, so do it at your own risk.

I think it's against TOS to buy in another region's currency for some form of arbitrage, I bought in CAD in my home region and preloaded before, will just switch to play earlier if possible.

E: I can launch with vpn switch. So i ll play in few hours, missed all the demos and betas, so hyped.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/mattmcmuscles/status/1664336863815933955?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

That sucks. I only want two but is putting in that much time really worth it, I wonder?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He goes on to say that when he was playing his early version, the costumes weren't patched in yet, and when they were, Ryu's was unlocked. If he had known about the maximum bond, he says he probably could have gotten one or two more in his time.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
did they take a page from lost ark? i only preordered the standard edition until i figure out what the business model is going to become anyway

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I plan on only playing World Tour for a good while. Gonna get me all dem outfit 2s.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That Kimberly 2nd costume owns so hard :swoon:

I might become a Kimberly Main just because of that teach me your ways in World Tour oh mighty Hip-hop Ninja

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
so I guess where Capcom decided to do their "let's alienate a few older players so that we can expand our audience to new players" thing is to cut loose the old heads who remember when $60 meant $60 and not having parts artificially carved out, locked behind a grind, with a giant neon sign that says "MICROTRANSACTION FAST PASS".

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

so I guess where Capcom decided to do their "let's alienate a few older players so that we can expand our audience to new players" thing is to cut loose the old heads who remember when $60 meant $60 and not having parts artificially carved out, locked behind a grind, with a giant neon sign that says "MICROTRANSACTION FAST PASS".

Putting some costumes behind a paywall is pretty loving tame compared to some of their earlier antics, like the on-disc DLC characters in SFxT.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

SwissArmyDruid posted:

this is a general industry thing and not just a capcom thing fwiw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Once I got the two DLC modes working (why they are DLC though???) everything went smoothly. Game is great and I am enjoying it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I said come in! posted:

Once I got the two DLC modes working (why they are DLC though???) everything went smoothly. Game is great and I am enjoying it.

It's so you don't need to keep a 50 GB single-player mode on your hard drive if you're done with it / aren't going to play it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Probably to save you hard drive space if you don't care about the single player and just wanna do online

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably to save you hard drive space if you don't care about the single player and just wanna do online

Okay that is fair, I hadn't thought of that but that really should have been obvious.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I said come in! posted:

Okay that is fair, I hadn't thought of that but that really should have been obvious.

It's definitely a more recent trend. The only other game series that I know does that is Call of Duty, but I'm glad more developers are thinking of my poor hard drive like that, it's cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

is there a way to fight AI versions of characters that players make?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

It's definitely a more recent trend. The only other game series that I know does that is Call of Duty, but I'm glad more developers are thinking of my poor hard drive like that, it's cool.

The SF5 story mode is also DLC you can choose to not install. Sure, it wasn't out at launch, but it could have been a mandatory update.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I said come in! posted:

is there a way to fight AI versions of characters that players make?

they should populate some of the world tour locations with player avatars like nintendo does with miis

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Infilament/status/1664340412021219329?t=3Rf5lWQzmKdQP94cQDcDog&s=33

https://twitter.com/Infilament/status/1664340975957999616

https://twitter.com/Infilament/status/1664349818184138755

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

SFIV and SFV did the same thing wrt cosmetic DLC being carved out of the main game, available through microtransactions. Only now with SF6 in addition to purchasing said cosmetic DLC a la carte, you can also opt to purchase a fighter pass to presumably earn other/the same(?) cosmetic DLC.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 1, 2023

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Cool part is you can just play the game to unlock cosmetic items

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hello internet posted:

Cool part is you can just play the game to unlock cosmetic items

Actually play fighting games rather than just post about them? Quit talking nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't touched the online yet but since there is crossplay, someone should make a goons clan for casual pick up games.