Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

^burtle posted:

Anyone still using Liar’s Handshake over Assassin’s Cowl?

both are great, Assassin's cowl's invisibility gives you time to breathe if you need it, while with LH you just gotta roll with the punches :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I think Liars is better bc more damage but I'm not consistent enough at staying in the ability loop to use it in anything difficult. Keeping everything rolling during combat is alot.

Assassins is much safer. Higher floor.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Liars doesn't work with anything cool any more since the nerfs. It's ok and useable but that's it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RBX posted:

Liars doesn't work with anything cool any more since the nerfs. It's ok and useable but that's it.

does it not stack with one-two punch?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

does it not stack with one-two punch?

it does not. The whole stacking buff thing they implemented was specifically to nerf this interaction.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ohhh, huh. Well. Now I can use a different secondary and not feel bad. But the shotgun is funny and I may still keep using it anyway

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
tbh the change they made where dodge->punch now applies jolted, causing a big explosion that kills the target... without counting as a melee kill to refresh dodge or stack up the buff,

uhhh well that change sucks and makes the playstyle loop very unwieldy!

e: hotfix

quote:

ARMOR
Exotic armor focused at Rahool now has similar stats to dropped Exotic armor.
Fixed an issue where the Exotic Warlock helm Cenotaph Mask didn´t have the correct description.
WEAPONS
The two second window where a weapon cannot be fired after swapping to it from the inventory screen was reduced to ~1 second.
Reduced the size and intensity of the muzzle flash on the Perpetualis Auto Rifle.
Fixed an issue where Dark Decider did not have firing audio.
Trials Glaive Unexpected Resurgence:
Moved Impulse Amplifier from the right trait column to the left.
Added Swashbuckler and Voltshot to the right trait column.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mazerunner posted:

tbh the change they made where dodge->punch now applies jolted, causing a big explosion that kills the target... without counting as a melee kill to refresh dodge or stack up the buff,

uhhh well that change sucks and makes the playstyle loop very unwieldy!

e: hotfix

You have to do a little prefire to make sure your melee gets the kill to get Combination Blow rolling. Once you're at x3, Combination Blow and Lethal Current play extremely well together.

But yeah starting the combo is a bit annoying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What does that glaive change do to rolls that already dropped? If you have an Unexpected Resurgence with IA in the right column, is it now a rare collector's item?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

What does that glaive change do to rolls that already dropped? If you have an Unexpected Resurgence with IA in the right column, is it now a rare collector's item?

The only way to get an UR was from hitting rank 16 in trials the first weekend of trials, last week. Light GG says there are fewer than 1,000 of the gun, and 9% had Impulse Amplifier

Considering how few items this affects, my guess would be they left it as is!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It cant come out of random trials engrams?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

It cant come out of random trials engrams?

You must earn it first, by hitting rank 16, and then it can be earned from engrams/focuses

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

In the past, they did not modify any guns that already dropped. Guns that can no longer roll the way people have them are around, and I've heard people call these illegal rolls. They exist, are out there, but there are extremely few of them (iirc, the Dawning SMG used to be able to roll with double dragonfly, which I think is the most common illegal roll).

It's cool if you have one. I have (or had, I may have deleted it accidentally when i was vault cleaning) an illegally rolled Commemoration from very early in DSC's lifecycle.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 1, 2023

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

RocketRaygun posted:

In the past, they did not modify any guns that already dropped. Guns that can no longer roll the way people have them are around, and I've heard people call these illegal rolls. They exist, are out there, but there are extremely few of them (iirc, the Dawning SMG used to be able to roll with double dragonfly, which I think is the most common illegal roll).

It's cool if you have one. I have (or had, I may have deleted it accidentally when i was vault cleaning) an illegally rolled Commemoration from very early in DSC's lifecycle.

I've still got my Wastelander with Adagio, before they reissued it with an Origin Trait and removed Adagio from its pool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why did they move Impulse Amplifer, of all perks?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

Why did they move Impulse Amplifer, of all perks?

Typically the rightmost column is the most powerful perks. Impulse Amplifier is a good perk but definitely belongs in the left column which is where average strength & general utility perks tend to go.

There are many exceptions to this rule but "(perk) isn't good enough to be in the last column" is a common sentiment

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Imp Amp was the only non-damage perk in the 4th column, I assume they wanted to avoid letting people get double damage perks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

^burtle posted:

Anyone still using Liar’s Handshake over Assassin’s Cowl?

MJeff posted:

Star Eater Scales. I've always found Liar's Handshake has a rhythm I don't like with the having to punch twice to actually use the perk and I like making my lightning boomstick bigger and boomier.

(bursts through the wall wearing a cool-aid jug costume) OH YEAH.

I'm using Mechaneer's Tricksleeves now. Not because I want to, there just aren't that many good exotics now in my humble opinion and the extremely fast reload that results goes well with a voltshot brigand's law. That's about the only reason to use it.

Nothing gets buffed very much, lots of stuff gets nerfed heavily. People are just trying to make do with the best of what's left.

If was boss focused then yeah, star eater scales. Otherwise there just isn't much to be excited about in the exotic armor space.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I dunno, I play around with so many exotics because they offer a lot of fun and different gameplay options. Like, a bunch are trash and need to be just redone, not buffed in my opinion, but there's a lot of fun ones.

Some of my recent favourites:
- Radiant Dance Machines (I won't shut up about them!)
- Mask of Bakris (When discovered they buffed Arc *and* Stasis)
- Graviton Forfeit
- Gyrfalcon's Hauberk
- Liar's Handshake
- Cyrtarachne's Facade
- Omnioculus
- Frostees
- Bombardiers (Not great, but fun, and soooo close to being amazing)
- Aeon Swift (I'm a nice person who likes helping out)

Those are just, like, some of the exotics I have builds around that I find fun as hell, all in different ways. A lot are not efficient, or high-end content builds, but they're all very fun.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’m barely playing my Hunter these days but I love subclass-agnostic exotic armor and Bombardiers might be my favorite on that guy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I’m barely playing my Hunter these days but I love subclass-agnostic exotic armor and Bombardiers might be my favorite on that guy

I tried to make a Bombadiers scorch loadout last season with the idea of "everything I do, from grenade to melee to weapon to class ability can cause an ignition", but unfortunately it turns out versatility is overrated in a season where you can just use Incandescent and super-duper Firebolts and everything will explode anyway.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Interesting, looks like you can pre-complete the daily iron banner challenges now!

I played 7 games on Tuesday when only the 'play 3 games' challenge was available. Logged on just now, got an IB Drop in orbit, and I have the 'Play 7 games' challenge completed :toot:

That's nice that extra games aren't "wasted" in that regard!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Would be nice if everything did that, especially seasonal challenges.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They've snuck in quite a few subtle changes. In addition to being able to spin guns and ships, which was announced, item lore tabs are now toggle rather than hold, which wasn't. You can get to the director during the match ending sequence again. And they finally fixed spawns on Dead Cliffs

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I do love the auto-melee change. My poor Logitech mouse was getting a beating before this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hm, well those API entries about Scourge of the Past sure make it seem like that's going to be in game next season.

With four weapons and an exotic that we already have, they're going to have to add two new legendary weapons and a new exotic to the pool!

No-brainer opportunity to bring back two other Black Armory guns (blast furnace & ringing nail, please!) and then I'm sure they'll reprise a D1 exotic. Dreg's Promise fits the theme but is pretty darn similar to Trespasser

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Still got my outlaw/headseeker blast Furnace collecting dust

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just hope Ada-1 gets to do more than transmog again

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

syntaxfunction posted:

I dunno, I play around with so many exotics because they offer a lot of fun and different gameplay options. Like, a bunch are trash and need to be just redone, not buffed in my opinion, but there's a lot of fun ones.

Some of my recent favourites:
- Radiant Dance Machines (I won't shut up about them!)
- Mask of Bakris (When discovered they buffed Arc *and* Stasis)
- Graviton Forfeit
- Gyrfalcon's Hauberk
- Liar's Handshake
- Cyrtarachne's Facade
- Omnioculus
- Frostees
- Bombardiers (Not great, but fun, and soooo close to being amazing)
- Aeon Swift (I'm a nice person who likes helping out)

Those are just, like, some of the exotics I have builds around that I find fun as hell, all in different ways. A lot are not efficient, or high-end content builds, but they're all very fun.

young ahamkara's spine is good and strong for both pve and pvp

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just jumped into this again

My last equipped weapon is Bad Juju, so it might tell you how long it's been (sometime during the pandemic, as I didn't really feel like playing, around 2021)

Anyway... How do you change your display name in Destiny 2? I've been changing it on Steam and Destiny kept my last used name, and doesn't change

My D2 experience in 2023:
I jumped in, shows me a cutscene about the Witness or something attacking the other big ball, then some rad surfer cyborgs show up, then I logged out, then I logged in and I'm now in deep oceans, I didn't finish that first ocean quest, logged out, forgot I didn't play Witch Queen, bought that, so now I'm hanging with Mara Sov? And her brother, who I think killed Cayde? Who is going to come back as a zombie or something?

This is some telenovela level poo poo now, but believe it or not I enjoy finding out the story snippets, just wish it was clearer where I'm supposed to go, it's a mess lol. What do I even do at the War Table. How do I get my Artifact, I bought the Season Pass and the latest 2 campaigns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Anyway... How do you change your display name in Destiny 2? I've been changing it on Steam and Destiny kept my last used name, and doesn't change

https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/7648312251284-Bungie-Name-Guide

You can change it through the web site. When they enabled full cross play they also assumed ownership of everyone's name, so that will apply to all platforms you play on and everyone you play with on all their platforms

quote:

My D2 experience in 2023:
I jumped in, shows me a cutscene about the Witness or something attacking the other big ball, then some rad surfer cyborgs show up, then I logged out, then I logged in and I'm now in deep oceans, I didn't finish that first ocean quest, logged out, forgot I didn't play Witch Queen, bought that, so now I'm hanging with Mara Sov? And her brother, who I think killed Cayde? Who is going to come back as a zombie or something?

It's a longstanding issue that seasonal and expansion intros are all mandatory and you will be forced into them one at a time on login until they run out. The surfer dudes are part of the Lightfall story, which advances on the Neptune destination. The ocean thing is the most recent season, which is advanced in the left wing of the HELM. The Mara Sov story is part of season 20 and is advanced at the War Table at the top of the HELM.

quote:

This is some telenovela level poo poo now, but believe it or not I enjoy finding out the story snippets, just wish it was clearer where I'm supposed to go, it's a mess lol. What do I even do at the War Table. How do I get my Artifact, I bought the Season Pass and the latest 2 campaigns

The War Table is for the season 20 content, you should be able to buy an item from it that will make your experience more or less what season 20 was when it was live. The artifact you get from advancing the season 21 quest (ocean stuff) which you can freely intermix with season 20 and Lightfall activities, they all advance independently

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hm, well those API entries about Scourge of the Past sure make it seem like that's going to be in game next season.

With four weapons and an exotic that we already have, they're going to have to add two new legendary weapons and a new exotic to the pool!

No-brainer opportunity to bring back two other Black Armory guns (blast furnace & ringing nail, please!) and then I'm sure they'll reprise a D1 exotic. Dreg's Promise fits the theme but is pretty darn similar to Trespasser

naw, someone was pointing out that it's far from the first time Scourge got touched in the API since it was sunset. I wouldn't really take it as definitive proof one way or the other.

that said, it wouldn't be the worst option.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lovely tips, danke! :cheers:

Honestly, this is still the best feeling shooter out there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Most important change this season: they fixed the season of the haunted emote so it says “______ receives great wealth” in the feed again

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/zkmushroom/status/1664780073092669440

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1664783102441320451

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Hot dog, I love iron banana but because of how often IB and Trials were on I couldn't even get the friggin weekly 3 comp done, so maybe I'll have a chance

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They can (and will) disable khepri’s horn specifically without disabling IB

e: :rip:

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1664805596485521408

haveblue fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 3, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1664808012366659585

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol wait, how is that happening. Does the objective think that the fire wave from Khepri is, like, extra people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

MJeff posted:

lol wait, how is that happening. Does the objective think that the fire wave from Khepri is, like, extra people?

Probably. Several of Telesto's bugs were down to the individual bolts being coded as discret objects and how that cause them to interact with the environment.