Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a bad design (face plate ears) is less awful to me on a title than fake 'details' made up of a bunch of meaningless shapes stamped out like a cheap toy. if you are doing that completely flat stuff then the simpler the better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

syzpid posted:

Honestly confused, he claims that was 4 years ago and now he's a somebody, then he says "Don't mock a 12 year old" so is he 16 and still in High School or what?

I suspect people were saying that he looks like a 12 year old in the responses to the original video

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm loving crying at the self-own here.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

I'm loving crying at the self-own here.

I watch the entrances of wrestling games like once and then just skip past them after that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The_Rob posted:

I watch the entrances of wrestling games like once and then just skip past them after that.

I watch the entrances and then quickly exit out of the match and start a new one to watch more entrances

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly why even have a video game just let me watch digital entrances!!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1664319916143525937?t=E_vU_b-1W6AUTkwRKQWFKQ&s=19

The first level is the editing comment

The second is that he thinks Smoky had a better budget than AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1664319916143525937?t=E_vU_b-1W6AUTkwRKQWFKQ&s=19

The first level is the editing comment

The second is that he thinks Smoky had a better budget than AEW

The third is that this match was better than most Smoky Mountain Matches by a country mile.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Maybe I'm just being generous but the only thing that even stands out to me as notably bad in that sequence is the awkward Irish whip reversal/Saraya waiting forever on the back body drop attempt before Britt comes off the ropes. The DDT is fully sick too so that makes up for it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wow this Smoky Mountain show sounds great, what channel is it on

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wow this Smoky Mountain show sounds great, what channel is it on

That outlaw mudshow putting on cards in front of two dozen people in a high school? :smugdog:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just watched an episode of SMW the other day and it spent the entire episode hyping up a guy called Bruiser Bedlam who was a muscular bald gently caress who sucked rear end in the ring and when I looked him up half his Wikipedia page was dedicated to his immense legal troubles.

Also there was a wrestler called Kendo the Samurai who was a guy named Tim Horner, and there was also Dirty White Boy who I would later learn was TL Hopper, and his gimmick seemed to be "extremely racist but a face".

Wrestling like it used to be, folks! Better than anything today!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Also there was a wrestler called Kendo the Samurai who was a guy named Tim Horner, and there was also Dirty White Boy who I would later learn was TL Hopper, and his gimmick seemed to be "extremely racist but a face".

If it helps Tony Anthony would also go on to burn a Confederate flag onscreen as part of an angle, so for SMW he's basically a woke king.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I just watched an episode of SMW the other day and it spent the entire episode hyping up a guy called Bruiser Bedlam who was a muscular bald gently caress who sucked rear end in the ring and when I looked him up half his Wikipedia page was dedicated to his immense legal troubles.

ì remember watching one of those youtube clips of jim cornette talking about ion croitoru years and years ago and it ruled that he was basically just like "he was a good guy, he never committed any heinous crimes directly in front of me!"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

just wait til you learn that the Nation of Domination was not in WWF first and had Tracy Smothers as a member

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1664403745004826790

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
They should have the resources to live edit television

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

xbilkis posted:

Maybe I'm just being generous but the only thing that even stands out to me as notably bad in that sequence is the awkward Irish whip reversal/Saraya waiting forever on the back body drop attempt before Britt comes off the ropes. The DDT is fully sick too so that makes up for it

Everything was sloppy, the forearms looked terrible, they got lost on a simple Irish whip spot. Given the quality of most of the women wrestlers in AEW it was noticeably awful. Compare that to the Kris vs Nyla match for instance on the same show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

Everything was sloppy, the forearms looked terrible, they got lost on a simple Irish whip spot. Given the quality of most of the women wrestlers in AEW it was noticeably awful. Compare that to the Kris vs Nyla match for instance on the same show.

Forearms look fine, not super strong but there are much worse on TV. Back drop counter looks bad, but the counter to the counter looks great and Saraya then just kills her dead. Overall good sequence.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MassRafTer posted:

Forearms look fine, not super strong but there are much worse on TV. Back drop counter looks bad, but the counter to the counter looks great and Saraya then just kills her dead. Overall good sequence.

I mean the ddt looks like she was going for a suplex and fell down. If you are going for a cradle/Impaler/death rider/1918 then you really need to stall it before the drop to not look sloppy.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dawgstar posted:

If it helps Tony Anthony would also go on to burn a Confederate flag onscreen as part of an angle, so for SMW he's basically a woke king.

His big heel turn involved wearing a Yankees jersey to the ring. Smoky Mountain kinda owned but it was every bit as trashy and stupid as ECW was, just with different cultural markers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

I mean the ddt looks like she was going for a suplex and fell down. If you are going for a cradle/Impaler/death rider/1918 then you really need to stall it before the drop to not look sloppy.

No, it looks like she is doing one of her finishers and it looks like you haven't watched much wrestling and probably shouldn't embarrass yourself here.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The DDT looked decent I thought. Kind of a cool way to do it that you don't see very often. Everything else looked like poo poo. I mean it's Britt Baker and Saraya. You have to manage your expectations somewhat. The bigger picture is that the match was pretty good. Didn't have high hopes going in but it definitely exceeded them

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wasn't that just the Rampaige?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

It's the Ramsaraya now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Yep!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It’s a really sick ddt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

yeah, or as Konnan called it, the 187, NOT the Tequila Sunrise like i said in the GDT, that was his rolling half crab

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

No, it looks like she is doing one of her finishers and it looks like you haven't watched much wrestling and probably shouldn't embarrass yourself here.

She calls that the one of her finishers

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBoone0709/status/1664232410517585922

Reminds me of the Jeff Hardy TNA title more than the BMF title and it doesn't remind me of either!

Holy poo poo, Matt Boone is still around. Pretty much everyone on a site I used to write for like 20 years ago tried to run him off their newsboard because he'd post lovely rumors and then end with a link to some Wrestle-Newzz.biz site with clickbait text like "<REAL LITA N00DZ CLICK HERE>". Looks like he never stopped.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would enjoy Dutch mumbling as he tried to explain the difference between Stone Cold era and Rock era.

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1664060459476041728

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I would enjoy Dutch mumbling as he tried to explain the difference between Stone Cold era and Rock era.

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1664060459476041728

Well a rock is bigger than a stone, so that's easy

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The Rock era is a massive shift that people still refer to as "The Attitude Era" but in a very short space of time Austin and Undertaker disappears, Smackdown starts, and you have Jericho/Radicals/Angle, Hardys/E&C/Dudleys, and HHH's first run as top heel. It's immensly more distinct that what people now try to carve into things like "The HD era???"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

It's the move you've been waiting on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Hustler2754/status/1664419737588183041

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They’ll never stop bitching about superkicks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

disrespect that dutch

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They’ll never stop bitching about superkicks

Except when the Usos do them. For some reason that’s never a problem.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I get so pissed when anyone kicks out of a scoop slam. It was good enough to be a finisher in the 50's it's good enough to be a finisher now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rip, honey, how often did Flair's figure four put somebody away?