Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Meowywitch posted:

the character archive is like "Sushang appears to be 16 or 17, but being from Xiangshou who knows????" which doesn't help. I need more accurate lore! I want to know exactly how old somebody like Jing Yuan is!
I imagine Jing's at least like 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Captain France posted:

I'm pretty sure there's references to alien races in some of the lore texts in game I stopped reading by the time I finished the space station. In addition to the Antimatter Legion arguably counting and the Sky People from HI3 probably being around SOMEWHERE.

yeah, at least one of the herta memory bubbles is from the point of view of a weird tentacle blob alien. also in the lore codexs are references to a planet of snake people (genocided by The Hunt because of their connection to Abundance) and an extinct race of hyper-intelligent rock creatures that left behind their rock corpses when they died (that may have just been, mundane rocks the entire time according to a very angry researcher)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The snake people also show up in an event in SU.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also you know, the foxians and the dragon people are both their own distinct races from humans. they're aliens.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

JT Jag posted:

I imagine Jing's at least like 500

I feel like he's at least 1000 or 2000 since the trailers talk about him like he's a legend and their culture has an attitude of "what? your ancient ruins are only 400 years old? they're younger than me!"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Are foxians/dragons definitely aliens or did someone find a gene splicer in a garbage can one day and get creative?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Are foxians/dragons definitely aliens or did someone find a gene splicer in a garbage can one day and get creative?

Vidyahara/dragons are asexual because when they die they just turn into an egg, so I'm going to go with they are actually different species.

Also the Sky People and the Sugars are two alien races in Honkai Impact so it's not a human only setting to begin with.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The dragons are descended from the Aeon of Permanence. I assumed literally but who knows.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I finally pulled a 5* that isn't Clara, and it's someone who I didn't really think I'd want, Yanqing

Reading up on builds he definetely seems powerful with the right kit, something like a turtle team with March/FireMC/Natasha/Yanqing?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

They're definitely aliens. Much like every aliens in Star Trek are aliens. Just ignore that they all looks awfully lot like humans

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Not So Fast posted:

I finally pulled a 5* that isn't Clara, and it's someone who I didn't really think I'd want, Yanqing

Reading up on builds he definetely seems powerful with the right kit, something like a turtle team with March/FireMC/Natasha/Yanqing?

Don't see a point in doubling up on Preservation, just run one and arrange your team with Yanqing and the tank on opposite sides. The you've got a free slot for whatever like Tingyun or a different element breaker.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

the character archive is like "Sushang appears to be 16 or 17, but being from Xiangshou who knows????" which doesn't help. I need more accurate lore! I want to know exactly how old somebody like Jing Yuan is!

Jing Yuan is 12 years old. Please keep this in mind and be kind to him.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
In a Simulated Universe 3-3 Hunt run today, I wiped on the boss but had Fireblazer take Gepard's third life bar from 61% to 21% solo before finally going down, thanks to the extra shield from the Herta shop 5* Preservation lightcone and the HP regen from traces, which was pretty funny. That felt really close to still being winnable, I should do a Destruction run sometime.

Not So Fast posted:

I've been using Yanqing. He's definitely my hardest-hitting character, but he feels like he really wants exactly Gepard, as between having to use his skill every turn and having to keep his shield topped up at all times (when March giving him the shield makes him more likely to get targeted), upkeeping his talent consumes massive amounts of skill points. In some cases, Fireblazer can keep him from getting hit by taunting, but their shield is often not strong enough against bosses and elites that spam heavy area of effect damage.

Another way to keep him from getting hit would be to consistently weakness break or crowd control the enemies so they get less actions and can't charge up their AoEs, but to be generally applicable, that requires built characters with good break potential in a variety of elements to cover different weaknesses (or Silver Wolf next week, I guess).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Honkai SR is Star Ocean except instead of gravitic warp there's a galactic trade lane (like Freelancer) and there's absolutely zero prime directive

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Honkai SR is Star Ocean except instead of gravitic warp there's a galactic trade lane (like Freelancer) and there's absolutely zero prime directive

I was really dreading some sort of “don’t interfere with their culture” bullshit for Belobog and jumping right to “sup we’re idiots from space” was a welcome relief.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Bussamove posted:

I was really dreading some sort of “don’t interfere with their culture” bullshit for Belobog and jumping right to “sup we’re idiots from space” was a welcome relief.

Technically they were a regular stop for the star faring folks, they even had an IPC delegate all set up there. It was just when the Stellaron activated that everyone got the hell out of town and never came back so it's not like a first contact

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I think some of the flavor text you get when you look at ads and benches and such on the space station refers to more alien looking species as well, even if you don't get to see what they look like.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just got a Welt dupe from the limited banner (from the restocked shop tickets). Probably a good thing, since I was taking a big risk continuing to do rolls on that banner. Now my next 5* is guaranteed.

It seems...okay? Just a decent little boost to his Skill's damage, mostly.

I'm also finally trying to get Natasha leveled and geared, because I couldn't handle Memories of Chaos without a second healer.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

The "elves" in xianshou are effectively infinite (but probably not more than 8000 or so)

everyone else isn't. I think the foxgirl can get to 200?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I just got a Welt dupe from the limited banner (from the restocked shop tickets). Probably a good thing, since I was taking a big risk continuing to do rolls on that banner. Now my next 5* is guaranteed.

It seems...okay? Just a decent little boost to his Skill's damage, mostly.
welt's e1 is eh, but his e2 is really good since his talent triggers multiple times when he uses his skill

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The "elves" in xianshou are effectively infinite (but probably not more than 8000 or so)

everyone else isn't. I think the foxgirl can get to 200?
Tingyun mentions wanting to enjoy the remaining 200 or so years of her lifespan, so i get the feeling they live to 500 or so.

But yeah, the "Xianshou natives" (elf people) and the dragonkin seem effectively immortal, though with the caveats of reincarnation for the dragons and inevitable mara sickness as a limiter for the elves.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Man I don't really pay attention to the 5-star eidolons, I figure it's all just whale territory unless you luck out. People been talkin about e1 Kafka though so I guess I best be savin'

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

As Silver Wolf showed, she changed pretty massively from beta to what the live stream revealed. Be prepared for a lot of stuff to shuffle around and always wait for live data.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

Man I don't really pay attention to the 5-star eidolons, I figure it's all just whale territory unless you luck out. People been talkin about e1 Kafka though so I guess I best be savin'
you'll get eidolons for the standard banner 5*s eventually over time. very slowly and randomly and you cant really gun for them outside of maybe spending the 300 standard banner rolls selector on eidolon instead of on a new character, but still. ive been playing genshin since launch on-and-off and ive only ever bought the battle pass and the 30 day gems thing, and i have all the standard banner 5*s at c1-c3.

they arent really worth salivating over or anything but its worth knowing how good something you got is.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's mostly good to know what benefit you're actually going to get from that SU curio that gives everyone an extra eidolon level.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I am so loving sick of doing being human 101 every single day

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I am so loving sick of doing being human 101 every single day

I fear you’ve been lead astray…

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

there were too many days in the cinema actress one

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So is this a bad roll or...

Well I guess I'm disappointed it wasn't a character regardless :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

So is this a bad roll or...

Well I guess I'm disappointed it wasn't a character regardless :(
its very very good on clara but not as good on the other destruction characters since part of its gimmick relies on the wearer getting hit (and sadly arlan's self-damage doesnt count)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're not as immediately exciting as a new character obvs but frankly getting a 5* LC from your standard passes is pretty good if it fits someone you have since they're hard to come by if you aren't rolling the LC banner. You can get a standard 5* in the character banner but LCs will cap at 4* there.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I got a 5* LC recently... Night on the Milky Way. :argh: I don't even have any Erudition characters built up, dang it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What site are people using for build suggestions?

Prydwin?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NYW1AzNLi0

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Well I think that settles it for Silver Wolf being Bronie. She absolutely is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bronie is so loving cool

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honkai star rail: THE WOMAN

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Feels good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So, just to be clear, being that I'm someone who hadn't played a second of either the Honkai Impact or Genshin series before this

Honkai 3rd has a Bronya, and also has... another, punk hacker Bronya? And Star Rail also has a version of the first Bronya, but she's a distinct. alternate reality version of Bronya, while punk hacker Bronya is potentially the same punk hacker Bronya? Oh dear I just went crosseyed