Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

gandlethorpe posted:

How far we've come from the days of characters reacting to wolves off-screen

Let's not get too excited. It's not like it moves or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Using that wheel-chair that size would also be torture for a child that small.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
New abyss is sucks, I hate having to use "the right comps" with "correct gear." Every abyss should be like the last one: so forgettable, that I've literally forgotten what it was. None of this 3 forced elements on the second side nonsense.

First side's intended solution seems to be electro-based aggravate with anemo crowd control. You're incentivized to use electro+dendro by the doritos, so any burgeon team you use will not only lack an anemo, but will proc overloads (which will flop the whopperflowers around). Ended up using Raiden/Fischl/Kazuha/Baizhu but those first 2 could be anyone really. Thinking of doing a run with Sucrose/Fischl/Beidou/Baizhu to reclaim my gamer honor after disgracefully clearing using a 5 star with a constellation and a 5 star weapon. But anyway, if you can burst down floor 1 efficiently you can use basically any team you want on this side. Decent 👍

Second side everything feels awful except... Burgational? Xiangling burgeon-vape. Nahida/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Bennett. That team. Dendro for the hydro shields, pyro for the cryo shields, hydro for the surprise final pyro shield courtesy of my new least favorite abyss enemy. Some peeps have posted their clears with raw spread/aggravate teams and I'm like ??? How? The first side's animals being 2 waves wastes so much time that I don't think I'd be able to kill abyssman in time without full efficiency shield breaks. So I'm stuck with burger xiangling. I guess the ~magic of dendro~ means that any configuration of the 3 burgeon elements might do a decent job of clearing but I hate this dude so I'm not gonna test anything. Bad 👎

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
So what's the deal with the turtles in the last stage of the desert? Are they just... There?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

MoonCrab posted:

New abyss is sucks, I hate having to use "the right comps" with "correct gear."

Yeah, the fun part is throwing different teams together and seeing how well they do. In the last abyss I tried beating it with 4 star teams, and managed to 3-star every chamber except 12-1. I am absolutely not making the attempt this time.

It seems like they don't even understand their own game. The characters on the banner are supposed to be good in the current abyss. Do they really think Yoimiya would be good against those cryo lectors?

Then there's the wild swings in difficulty. These world bosses are pathetic compared the the nightmares they packed in here. The real fights make me feel like I'm trying to steal candy out of a bag full of rabid cats. Then there's the Iniquitous Baptist, who barely even fights you. Seems like maybe he's getting ready to do an attack every 20 seconds or so.

MoonCrab posted:

Burgational?

Some people call it 'Intergrassional', and it is in fact the correct team for this abyss.

It seems like Mihoyo has come to terms with the fact that Bennet is too good to not use, so they're going to make him mandatory but also torture you for picking him. They keep putting in enemies with huge hydro hits that can land a vape and one-shot you while you're in Bennet's burst.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Underpants posted:

Using that wheel-chair that size would also be torture for a child that small.

I was looking at it thinking how the heck is this kid going to get back up the slope home?

The answer is probably magic I guess. Magically motorised.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol, are even the good 5* Pyros enough to do 12-1-2 without relying on Xiangling?

Edit: Hmm, my hyperbloom team actually got with 10 seconds of clearing without needing Pyro. I think I just need a better daily buff.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 2, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lobsterpillar posted:

So what's the deal with the turtles in the last stage of the desert? Are they just... There?

Chilling I guess. Turtles are cool.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Taunting Consecrated Beasts with Mona's skill is very satisfying.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Life ignoring the abyss is grand

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Lol, are even the good 5* Pyros enough to do 12-1-2 without relying on Xiangling?

Edit: Hmm, my hyperbloom team actually got with 10 seconds of clearing without needing Pyro. I think I just need a better daily buff.

I had a very clean run with hutao XQ ZL and fish bot. But I do have staff of homa.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Chilling I guess. Turtles are cool.

They SHOULD be chilling in my teapot, which is where they belong. I have no idea why they aren't nettable.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

Every Abyss reset, I get my 27*s, make one token attempt at 12-1, curse a lot, then go back to doing things that are actually enjoyable.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tree Reformat posted:

Every Abyss reset, I get my 27*s, make one token attempt at 12-1, curse a lot, then go back to doing things that are actually enjoyable.

Exactly me except lately I haven't even bothered to try 12-1

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Happy Underpants posted:

They SHOULD be chilling in my teapot, which is where they belong. I have no idea why they aren't nettable.

Hard :same:

I thought they were put there to be picked up.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Accidental favonius lance hu tao clear. That may actually made it easier since its a shield breaking exercise and ulting with hutao on cooldown felt really good.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

I'm a F2P player, so I make a half-heated run at the Abyss towards the end of every cycle for the primos, but the lag of 10-3-2 is just miserable on a PS4. I loving despise that floor, and it's been the single worse experience I have in the game consistently

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just wanted to shoutout to my current dream team of Noelle/Xiangliang/Fischl/Sucrose for all being level 60 and being powerful and survivable for dailies and world exploration at world level 5. Also shoutout to Xiangliang for feeling like she's basically broken? Solid damage, amazing speed, has a fire turret, her ultimate is super useful, and she slots nicely into any team I put together.

Now I'd like to be running other characters at level 60 but we're getting there, we're getting there.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Just wanted to shoutout to my current dream team of Noelle/Xiangliang/Fischl/Sucrose for all being level 60 and being powerful and survivable for dailies and world exploration at world level 5. Also shoutout to Xiangliang for feeling like she's basically broken? Solid damage, amazing speed, has a fire turret, her ultimate is super useful, and she slots nicely into any team I put together.

Now I'd like to be running other characters at level 60 but we're getting there, we're getting there.

yeah Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqiu are better than most 5-stars and Fischl, Sucrose, and Kuki Shinobu aren't far behind. maybe Yaoyao too but it's hard to tell how much of that is her being above the curve vs. dendro itself being busted

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah Xiangling, Bennett, and Xingqiu are better than most 5-stars and Fischl, Sucrose, and Kuki Shinobu aren't far behind. maybe Yaoyao too but it's hard to tell how much of that is her being above the curve vs. dendro itself being busted

I'm sad I missed Bennett in the shop but I expect he'll cycle back around.

also for the record while Noelle's damage output isn't amazing, I've come around on adoring her because I noticed that with her in the party, my characters actually a) survive and b) keep their HP up thanks to her shields. It's really nice and keeps me from feeling like I should keep Barbara in the party for healing. Which, well, barbara is fine but I don't like her (chinese) VA.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

noelle gets a big damage spike at constellation 6 which is both farther away and sooner than you think. she's still very good before then though. one of her best weapons is craftable even (whiteblind)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

MarcusSA posted:

I already have a zhongli but I’m kinda thinking about building my Layla for a second half abyss team.

She seems pretty strong over all.

Good idea or bad idea?

DancingShade posted:

Layla is a mobile force field who freezes enemies if you have any hydro. Her shield is very strong (focus on HP stats) and her burst is only 40 energy. Great unit, toss her a spare favonius or similar.

Endorph posted:

Layla's very underrated, she's probably the second strongest pure shielder in the game.

finally leveled up my Layla up to par with my main team and this is true. I'm also starting to use her over ZL. Will miss ZL's 20 sec shield, but being able to just tap and not hold (as well as not having dealing with an annoying pillar that spawns in front of you) makes her more enjoyable to play with.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

halokiller posted:

(as well as not having dealing with an annoying pillar that spawns in front of you)

Yeah these two are annoying AF.

I pulled cat girl though so I don't think I'm going to mess with Layla just yet.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Layla's advantages are shield strength boosting constellations, millelith compatibility, and wanderer infusion. Kirara feels way better to play has a shorter cooldown and her application can actually support a viable reaction (aggravate). If I were building one to start with it would be kirara.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Layla's advantages are shield strength boosting constellations, millelith compatibility, and wanderer infusion. Kirara feels way better to play has a shorter cooldown and her application can actually support a viable reaction (aggravate). If I were building one to start with it would be kirara.

that would really depend on what other units that have built. Dendro takes off with hyperbloom, other than that, Freeze is still king for most newer players. Layla has very nice off field cryo application.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Xiangling is mega broken, yes. One of those 1.0 balance mistakes, back when they seemed to think that elemental bursts were super moves that you were gonna use once in a while, instead of a standard part of combat. Catch Xiangling at C4 does comparable damage to most C0 five stars. Which is to say, comparitively more.

And since it's all off-field, you have much greater teambuilding flexibility. You can have your hydro be Childe instead of Xingqiu, you can run an overload+vape team with any electro you want (Raiden. I'm talking about Raiden), melt teams, dendro teams, she can do it all. She has perfect compatibility with almost any unit you would want to use her with, and any hypothetical units than might exist in the future. What if they make a better Kazuha, but he only works on-field? Xiangling. What if they make a good petra geo, but she needs to swap in every 6 seconds? Xiangling. I used Xiangling when I first cleared abyss in 1.2, and I used her to clear yesterday. Xiangling is eternal.

Now let us come together for the "theorycrafter's prayer":

"I can't take it anymore. I'm sick of xiangling. I try to play dieluc. My xiangling deals more damage. I try to play yoimiya. My xiangling deals more damage. I try to play Hu tao. My xiangling deals more damage. I want to play Klee. Her best team has xiangling. I want to play raiden, childe. They both want xiangling.
She grabs me by the throat. I fish for her. I cook for her. I give her the catch. She isn't satisfied. I pull engulfing lightning. "I don't need this much er" She tells me. "Give me more field time." She grabs bennett and forces him to throw himself off enemies. "You just need to funnel me more. I can deal more damage with homa."
I can't pull for homa, I don't have enough primogems. She grabs my credit card. It declines. "Guess this is the end." She grabs gouba. She says "Gouba, get them." There is no hint of sadness in his eyes. Nothing but pure, no icd pyro application. What a cruel world."

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MoonCrab posted:

Xiangling is mega broken, yes. One of those 1.0 balance mistakes, back when they seemed to think that elemental bursts were super moves that you were gonna use once in a while, instead of a standard part of combat. Catch Xiangling at C4 does comparable damage to most C0 five stars. Which is to say, comparitively more.

And since it's all off-field, you have much greater teambuilding flexibility. You can have your hydro be Childe instead of Xingqiu, you can run an overload+vape team with any electro you want (Raiden. I'm talking about Raiden), melt teams, dendro teams, she can do it all. She has perfect compatibility with almost any unit you would want to use her with, and any hypothetical units than might exist in the future. What if they make a better Kazuha, but he only works on-field? Xiangling. What if they make a good petra geo, but she needs to swap in every 6 seconds? Xiangling. I used Xiangling when I first cleared abyss in 1.2, and I used her to clear yesterday. Xiangling is eternal.

And the funniest part to me is that apart from Abyss, where I kind of have to use her, I haven't used mine in a week. I have Xiang/Catch, Bennett, Sucrose and Xingqiu, have been following the guide sites' recs as to which artifact sets and mainstats to pursue, and my main Hyperbloom team (Xing / Kirara / Fischl / Jean) just blows it away in both ease of use and damage. I'm missing something fundamental.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

And the funniest part to me is that apart from Abyss, where I kind of have to use her, I haven't used mine in a week. I have Xiang/Catch, Bennett, Sucrose and Xingqiu, have been following the guide sites' recs as to which artifact sets and mainstats to pursue, and my main Hyperbloom team (Xing / Kirara / Fischl / Jean) just blows it away in both ease of use and damage. I'm missing something fundamental.

Hyperbloom is just dead simple, easy to build, and overpowered. That’s not even a very efficient hyperbloom team.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Burger Klee is pretty good actually. You can maintain pretty decent raw damage while getting a lot of reaction boosts by using widsith + crimson witch. I put in Shinobu as the burgeon stabilizer but maybe Kazuha might be better if he can infuse hydro. Yanfei might actually be better on account of her C4 shield and longer legs for dodging, but I left mine at level 70 so I can't get a good test in for sure :(

Still think the abyssman is a lame boss design tho. Kinda reminds me of Wenut in a weird way, where you either have to overpower him in his vulnerable period (probably by using 5 star constellations/weapons), or have to fully engage with his time-wasting boss gimmick. But while with wenut you could do things like precast rotations, learn his pattern and drop turrets where he's gonna go, use characters with short windows of high dps, use cryo to extend his burrowing phase, etc. With abyssman you match the colors and the better you match the more punchtime you get, yay :geno:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

they did it

the madlads made an abyss so messed up you can effectively use Dehya

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kind of. Her E doesnt trigger against the herald/baptist shields, does it?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

delfin posted:

You're probably missing correct rotations tbh. Hyperbloom is a team where you want electro/hydro/dendro happening as much as possible as fast as possible, in whichever order you can manage. Very simple to play, very strong out of the box. While with vape you have to set up Xingqiu>Flip element to pyro with Bennett>Swirl Pyro with Sucrose>Pass Thrilling Tails to Xiangling and snapshot+finish flipping element to hydro>maintain hydro on enemy while batterying Xiangling with Bennett. It's mostly standard stuff to older players but when you're starting it's surprisingly complicated.

You also have't spent a year meditating in the fates domain for artifacts lol

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

MoonCrab posted:

You're probably missing correct rotations tbh. Hyperbloom is a team where you want electro/hydro/dendro happening as much as possible as fast as possible, in whichever order you can manage. Very simple to play, very strong out of the box. While with vape you have to set up Xingqiu>Flip element to pyro with Bennett>Swirl Pyro with Sucrose>Pass Thrilling Tails to Xiangling and snapshot+finish flipping element to hydro>maintain hydro on enemy while batterying Xiangling with Bennett. It's mostly standard stuff to older players but when you're starting it's surprisingly complicated.

You also have't spent a year meditating in the fates domain for artifacts lol

So, a group of hilichurls approaches. I have to:
1) hit one with Xingqiu's skill
2) switch to Bennett, use his skill on that one
3) switch to Sucrose, use her skill on that one
4) switch to Xiang, do nothing
5) use Rain Cutter
6) use Bennett's ult -- but don't hit the enemy with it, or that'll change them back to pyro? And he'll have to be at high health
7) use Pyronado?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yeah it is not a good comp for hillichurls lol. Its a boss and abyss comp.

To use it (vs primo geovishap for example), you do

Bennett E-> Q
Sucrose E -> Q
Xingqiu E -> Q
Xiangling E -> Q

left click with your fave. Do not bother with thrilling tales crap.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 2, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
But, like, is that even the right sequence? Because when I do that Pyronado hits for like 2k per spin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

delfin posted:

But, like, is that even the right sequence? Because when I do that Pyronado hits for like 2k per spin.
Enemies need to be wet for pyronado to do real damage. So you'll have to continually spam left clicks against your target to make xingqiu's rain swords fire. It's a build that requires substantially more resources (in terms of ER and Xiangling's nature of EM and crit having multiplicative returns) to work so it will probably just be worse than bloom against anything for a long time for you.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
The plot of the current event is really, really stupid. Even for Mihoyo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Imagine if those three zany criminals didnt decide to murder the delivery girl. The case never would have been cracked.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

delfin posted:

So, a group of hilichurls approaches. I have to:

Go to the teambuilder screen and switch to something else lol. Ok, its true. Genshin the open world RPG and Genshin the battle arena are completely different games. I'd much rather use my level 70 Yanfei than my level 90 crowned Xiangling when exploring a new region. That being said, my personal rotation is usually:

1. Xingqiu skill>attack>burst>attack. This cleans up any existing aura pretty well and has good odds of proccing Favonius sword.
2. Bennett skill>burst. This flips the hydro aura to pyro.
3. Sucrose skill>attack. This swirls pyro and begins a rainsword attack.
4. Xiangling hug>attack>burst>attack>skill>attack. The hug and sucrose's previous attack usually leave a hydro aura for Xiangling's pyronado cast to vape a couple times, and Xiangling's own attacks set up enough rainswords to hopefully leave a hydro aura.
5. Random bullshit go. The bullshit includes a lot of useless normal attacks whenever swapping to another character, or doing anything really. This is called "maximizing rainswords" and if you ever see anyone doing it by muscle memory then you know their soul has already been lost to the darkness.
5. Still in step 5! While that's going on, you should be spamming Bennett's skill and quickly switching to Xiangling so she catches the particles. Very important!
6. Switch to Xingqiu and flail around because it hasn't been 21 seconds yet. Oh no!
7. Repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Do not bother with thrilling tales crap.
:smith: