Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m getting close to the tokens I would need for Iron Lad, then I can run that deck

It’s apparently the second or third most popular meta deck right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Slowpoke! posted:

Well if you see someone doing the same thing, but their name is Not Galactus, that’s me.

i think i played you earlier today, i hope you enjoyed the [free] cubes...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Just had this poo poo not duplicate the vision. Does shuris affect transfer with the location if it moves? That makes no sense because it says played here, and shuri is here. This lost me the game btw.

(Also was third game in a row where I had Lamentis as the first location)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah, 'here' means the location where she was played, not where she currently is. Same for Rescue.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It needs an animation like Jessica Jones. I think she leaves some kind of effect if she moves before buffing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Shuri not having any kind of effect or animation is pretty boring. It could be the same as forge for all I care

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Re: Weird Galactus drops - someone just did Zabu on Oscorp Tower, which passed to me on 3, Electro on Vormir, Wong on Vormir, then Galactus on Avengers Compound.. Does Electro's bonus energy continue after he's dead?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yep, killing / trading Electro is big time.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The pro move would've been playing Electro on Oscorp

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

New Leaf posted:

Re: Weird Galactus drops - someone just did Zabu on Oscorp Tower, which passed to me on 3, Electro on Vormir, Wong on Vormir, then Galactus on Avengers Compound.. Does Electro's bonus energy continue after he's dead?

To be clear, Electro has two texts:
1 - His add an Energy is an On Reveal, so it gets blocked by Cosmo etc, but also it doubles up with Wong/Kamar Taj.
2 - His only play one card is an Ongoing, hence why people play Electro on the lane that switches sides. Blocking one doesn't necessarily negate the other, so playing him on the No Ongoings location works too, and I have also seen some decks Electro 3 Enchantress 4.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've never actually used him, so good to know, thanks.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Man either i've been routed to the new player tier or people are playing "made ya look" decks of hi evo cards without hi evo.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
one of my first experiences against electro i rogued him or something in an all time self own, because i didnt read the card right

incoherent posted:

Man either i've been routed to the new player tier or people are playing "made ya look" decks of hi evo cards without hi evo.

patriot maybe?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Nikumatic posted:

Yep, killing / trading Electro is big time.

Comic-accurate, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
First time I've seen this variant in the shop. I'm not spending 5k tokens on a variant, but it is admittedly cool as poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Devo posted:

First time I've seen this variant in the shop. I'm not spending 5k tokens on a variant, but it is admittedly cool as poo poo.

Same artist who more or less designed the MCU Iron Man suit.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Oh, shucks. You hate to see it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

...The gently caress did they think was going to happen?Hoping to topdeck a Shang Chi I guess, or maybe that you had one?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

...The gently caress did they think was going to happen?Hoping to topdeck a Shang Chi I guess, or maybe that you had one?

Shang wouldn't help either. He'd need 8 more power to tie, that being his own Sabretooth.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

incoherent posted:

Patriot deck

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Artelier posted:

To be clear, Electro has two texts:
1 - His add an Energy is an On Reveal, so it gets blocked by Cosmo etc, but also it doubles up with Wong/Kamar Taj.
2 - His only play one card is an Ongoing, hence why people play Electro on the lane that switches sides. Blocking one doesn't necessarily negate the other, so playing him on the No Ongoings location works too, and I have also seen some decks Electro 3 Enchantress 4.

Abusing Electro into Altar of Death when that was the featured location got me soooo many ranks. That was the most hilariously OP combo I've seen so far.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

Abusing Electro into Altar of Death when that was the featured location got me soooo many ranks. That was the most hilariously OP combo I've seen so far.

When it first came out I fired up Galactus. Turn 1 Yondu in Altar, turn 2 Electro in Altar, turn 3 Galactus in Altar. So many, many cubes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Devo posted:

It's a shame he exists to die.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

In a similar vein I have a Blueprints Hulkbuster that looks really cool but, well, you know.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

In a similar vein I have a Blueprints Hulkbuster that looks really cool but, well, you know.

Hulkbuster isn't completely terrible. Adding a Hulkbuster to a Jeff on cloning tank nets you a 2/7 teleporter - then you can move it and re-clone it over and over.

HB is also useful in lanes with Angela, because it doesn't take up a spot once it merges.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Red posted:

Hulkbuster isn't completely terrible. Adding a Hulkbuster to a Jeff on cloning tank nets you a 2/7 teleporter - then you can move it and re-clone it over and over.

HB is also useful in lanes with Angela, because it doesn't take up a spot once it merges.

Yes but you can't see the cool blueprint art which is what op was getting at

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
It also doesn't make any drat sense!
The Hulkbuster Armor is on the outside!
We're not stuffing that poo poo inside of a shark!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

cinnamon rollout posted:

Yes but you can't see the cool blueprint art which is what op was getting at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27rGo94e9uc

I'm not sure I follow? It appears perfectly visible?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27rGo94e9uc

I'm not sure I follow? It appears perfectly visible?

Now put it on a character..

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I still think Hulkbuster should add the power and energy to the card it attached to. I want my Human Torch to laugh at Killmonger.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I mean, you still see the variant being played. It just doesn’t stay once they merge. Same with Morph. It’s not like your opponent never sees your cool picture flex*

*except for me who never sees yondu or discards because i barely pay attention until it’s my turn

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

When it first came out I fired up Galactus. Turn 1 Yondu in Altar, turn 2 Electro in Altar, turn 3 Galactus in Altar. So many, many cubes.

Yes I did the same. I only mentioned Electro and not Galactus because the actual focus of that deck and location was Electro, not Galactus.

And also to hide my shame of using Galactus.

(Just kidding, I don't care, everybody who hates Galactus can suck it.)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Doobie Keebler posted:

I still think Hulkbuster should add the power and energy to the card it attached to. I want my Human Torch to laugh at Killmonger.

Not ideal for Hulkbuster/Deadpool players

Tangentially related to this discussion, but I wish opponents could see what card Iron Lad is scanning. You can see it after by clicking on him but it'd be nice if it popped up like when discards happen.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 2, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Now put it on a character..

Oh, that. That's how it's always been, so I never thought much of it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Not ideal for Hulkbuster/Deadpool players

Tangentially related to this discussion, but I wish opponents could see what card Iron Lad is scanning. You can see it after by clicking on him but it'd be nice if it popped up like when discards happen.

Yeah that's a huge oversight. I thought we had to interpret it from context clues until someone pointed out you could tap on him. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Guy snapped on turn one and put everything on armor, she-hulk, Ironman, and living tribunal in one location.

I dropped enchantress on it :banjo:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Fartington Butts posted:

Guy snapped on turn one and put everything on armor, she-hulk, Ironman, and living tribunal in one location.

I dropped enchantress on it :banjo:

Maybe my math is off, but that's only 12 points per lane? A lot could beat that, he got what he deserved snapping on 1

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fartington Butts posted:

Amazingly this wouldn't be the weirdest roster the Avengers have ever had.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love when my opponent somehow knows I’m going to drop an ongoing card in a lane and they just magically drop Enchantress there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Turn 6 Killmonger, my beloved