Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well, it was definitely the last item he dropped

already a goldmine thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

New title for when the game hits mainstream on monday

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here are the two items dropped for me by the final boss:

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Legendaries seem to pop a lot more after 25+.

I'm just about lvl 44 after maybe 12 hours of gameplay and it's been a lot of fun. Been wandering around doing quests and bashing things with my barb.

Only complaint so far would be not being able to TP directly to party members.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

faantastic posted:

Legendaries seem to pop a lot more after 25+.

I'm just about lvl 44 after maybe 12 hours of gameplay and it's been a lot of fun. Been wandering around doing quests and bashing things with my barb.

Only complaint so far would be not being able to TP directly to party members.

You can I believe. Check by a way point and there should be portals to them.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
ive been going through the story pretty slowly, ive only finished act 1 and just now act 2, and im level 39. i dunno where the complaints about the story are coming from, that poo poo owned and the boss fight was neat. everything looks gorgeous

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Game owns, like putting on a comfy ol pair of Gorefoots :getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Deathless Ancients loving suck lol

I've gotten to the point where the repetitiveness of the dungeon bosses is starting to wear on me a bit.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Crafting potions is dumb and annoying. Upgrading herbs into other herbs is stupid.

Elixirs though. :discourse:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
effectively do not need a resource generator on my bars anymore lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

pmchem posted:

legendary

Knowing him was probably common

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

site posted:

Knowing him was probably common

No that was his spine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Lol my brother's level 30 and still in Fractured Peaks. He had zero interest in ARPGs before but D4's open world and all the poo poo you can do/find has really hooked him.

So am I lol

Just do all the side quests on WT1 and you'll get there. Just had my meeting with Inarius

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I'm pretty sure I'll be at least 25 before leaving Fractured Peaks as well.

Cardboard Fox posted:

I think I'll finish Act 1 tonight. :corsair:

Same lol. Are other people just bee-lining the campaign? I'm doing events and dungeons as I come across them, though not completely scouring the map. Played maybe 4 hours last night with my friend, but even if I spent a lot longer I doubt I could have done more than two Acts.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do you need to salvage blue/white items to get special materials like in Diablo 3 or does salvaging rares get you the lower tiers, too?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Propaganda Hour posted:

Jesus Christ lmao

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I'm pretty sure I'll be at least 25 before leaving Fractured Peaks as well.

Same lol. Are other people just bee-lining the campaign? I'm doing events and dungeons as I come across them, though not completely scouring the map. Played maybe 4 hours last night with my friend, but even if I spent a lot longer I doubt I could have done more than two Acts.

Play at your own pace. Who cares what other people are doing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dont feel rushed to get through the story. Some of us just have different priorities for the tackling the content. Everyone will eventually get through the same content. And everything scales to your level minus a few end act quests and the end game dungeons.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I bee lined to the mount unlock which you get at the start of act4 and now I'm loving around doing side quests and other random poo poo.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do you have to complete acts 1-3 to unlock 4? Or just 3?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Been playing on and off today whilst 'working' from home - only 21 but have 2 leg and all rare's, got one of the aspects I need at least for now, story is surprisingly good, combat feel is loving excellent. It's a really good Diablo game y'all. Gonna make me and the kiddo some grilled cheese sammiches and soup and then going back to the demon mines.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

bamhand posted:

Do you have to complete acts 1-3 to unlock 4? Or just 3?

Have to do 1-3. I get folks wanting to take their time, but the mount unlock really makes all the side stuff much more accessible. It’s probably worth beelining for.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

story is surprisingly good, combat feel is loving excellent. It's a really good Diablo game y'all

:hellyeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there a resource somewhere that tells me what my necro summons actual stats are, and what stats they gain from me? I saw a tooltip that mentioned a couple in a loading screen but I can't find anything else in game anywhere.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow the butcher straight annihilated me lol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
wooo @ dat cringe live action launch trailer

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Al’Diabolos

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there a resource somewhere that tells me what my necro summons actual stats are, and what stats they gain from me? I saw a tooltip that mentioned a couple in a loading screen but I can't find anything else in game anywhere.

No, but the tooltip in question says 30% of your stats.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

site posted:

me too - deleted me

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Has anyone killed Ashava or any other world bosses? How do they work in live?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Probably for the best, but I noticed Blizzard got rid of global chat from the beta.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Is everyone skipping side quests? I just hit 30 and I’m still in snow world having done the main quest up until vigo bleeds out in his mechsuit, a handful of events, and all the side quests I’ve come across.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

rap music posted:

Is everyone skipping side quests? I just hit 30 and I’m still in snow world having done the main quest up until vigo bleeds out in his mechsuit, a handful of events, and all the side quests I’ve come across.

I'm working on those now that i'm done with the story, but first I want to get all aspects. Side quests are a good source of experience though and there are a lot to do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

site posted:

same

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hit 34, see people are nearly twice that.

Didn't see the world boss in act one.

Yeah, still doing that.

Getting two legendary's in one chest is fun!

Gotta say I wasn't expecting a Hellraiser reference, but flayed and chained up while wanting more pleasure and pain?

That's definitely it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
You get through the Acts by doing the campaign right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mayveena posted:

You get through the Acts by doing the campaign right?

Yeah, just follow the main quest entries in your journal.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

rap music posted:

i dont skip them, unless its not in the direction i want to go. ive done two acts now and i stop doing the side quests once i finish the main story there and ive hit the renown skill unlock tier, then i go to the next one

ill probably be mid 50s by the time i finish the story i think

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
so what version of the game are yall playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
killed the butcher w no effort. hp didnt even dip below 75%. wtf are u all soing