Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I still cant believe how loving good Tears of the Kingdom is. BOTW knocked it out of the park and the fact that they made an even better game afterwards is just insane.

By far my favorite area is the depths, such a fun new twist to exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Yeah it’s a good time, I’m trying to be a little quicker about checking a guide when I’m confused by a puzzle, I of course enjoy solving them on my own but sometimes find out I was missing something critical & don’t want to get burned out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whens master mode coming i need ultimate anger with my zelda experience

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
If anyone didn't know the System Shock 1 remake comes out tomorrow. Hearing good things about it so far. I actually thought the project died years ago lol. I played 2 quite a bit and when I tried playing the original it was just too old for me to get into so I am really looking forward to this. Apparently they are working on a System Shock 2 remaster? I got it for free for preordering, not sure if it is just updated skins or what. I thought there was a Shodan smilie, I guess this was it? :gogtears:

Of course on Friday Street Fighter 6 drops and Diablo 4 early access starts if you preordered any version with the battle pass. :boomshaka:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Played around with the demo of the System Shock remake earlier today. It's very good, keeps most of the very 1990's elements of the OG System Shock intact (for better and worse) but with modern shooter gunplay and graphics. Definitely has its own a e s t h e t i c going on, almost looks like a cross between a pixelated boomer shooter and Tron/Lawnmower Man. Will probably be picking it up at some point.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Whelp found out you don't really get poo poo for clearing the underdark. Thanks for the token Nintendo.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Dang, Blizzard really wants $25 for a cosmetic armor set in a top down game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
bliz wants $150 NZ bucks ($92 USD) plus all the microtransactions

gently caress diablo 4 and gently caress blizzard

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ded posted:

Yeah Blizzard has gone all in on the microtransaction poo poo, even with good reviews I'm not gonna touch Diablo 4.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

Wait why are you posting the value in NZD

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bought it for my wife's birthday, we've been enjoying it. Don't blame anyone for passing based on the pricetag though.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wait why are you posting the value in NZD

because a kiwi showed me this

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah Blizzard has gone all in on the microtransaction poo poo, even with good reviews I'm not gonna touch Diablo 4.

It's microtransactions purely for cosmetic bullshit, chill. Microtx poo poo is natural for live service games nowadays, and after putting almost 24h in over the last 2 days I haven't run into a single "insert CC# here to make game easier" mechanic.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

It's microtransactions purely for cosmetic bullshit, chill. Microtx poo poo is natural for live service games nowadays, and after putting almost 24h in over the last 2 days I haven't run into a single "insert CC# here to make game easier" mechanic.

They'll still have a "battlepass" which may or may not reward performance items to players.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I got back into Timberborn since Update 4 recently dropped, and it has been more fun than ever.

There were a whole lot of QoL improvements, and Iron Teeth got their food chain worked over pretty good.
Biggest improvement to me is the removal of district limits, you can now do as many and as extensive landscaping/terraforming projects you like without having to set up token districts with housing/water/food supply that only exist for a single construction project halfway across the map and are a nightmare to keep running in terms of resource hauling. On that note, they also revamped the system how districts cover resources, and implemented an automatic resource sharing system between districts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXa0YA62szc

If you've never played Timberbon, I'd recommend to put it on your wish list, it's an incredibly chill game, especially once you've transitioned out of the initial survival stage, and can go nuts on inefficient and dumb projects.
Dumb and stupidly inefficient projects is basically my bread & butter in this game.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In further personal dumb-project-news of mine, I'll see your reservoir and raise you a 2.5-block-deep resevoir I created by barraging-off the entire natural run-off edge of the map.
I feel like one or two labor laws may have been violated in the process, because I didn't build this with a satellite district

Bonus dump-project-spotlight in the back of the picture, where I've chosen the dumbest possible location for my giant gravity-battery array.
Could have just built it right across from the river where the power is literally generated a few tiles away, and I could have pulled elevated the batteries to the same height with a bunch of platforms, but why do that when you can build a completely unnecessary power-shaft highway ALL THE WAY ACROSS my settlement?

:unsmigghh:

We don't do easy or smart 'round these parts. :clint:

Bonus-teaser for my next evolution of dumb-projects:

/edit: Man, I love these hydroponic garden towers you can build. Algae and mushrooms take pretty long, too, so you don't have a lot of foot traffic putting a strain on your haulers. The rooftop-terrace on top, however, is a bit of a climb to still count as "relaxation" :lol:

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
I feel like I'm missing out since Breath of the Wild never clicked with me and I will probably pass on Tears of the Kingdom.

Zelda has passed me by. :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Blizzard burned the bridge long ago for me.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I may have to go back to Timberborn. Finishing up Horizon Zero Dawn pretty soon anyway.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

For me it was SC2.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Punished Ape posted:

I feel like I'm missing out since Breath of the Wild never clicked with me and I will probably pass on Tears of the Kingdom.

Zelda has passed me by. :(

That’s fair, I like the Switch Zeldas and am having fun with TOTK but don’t quite understand people losing their minds and making declarations of greatest game of all time. It is excellent but I don’t know why they couldn’t have cleaned up the inventory screens a little to help with cooking or why the exact sequence plays each time a shrine is cleared, it’s skippable but still takes a minute. Still enjoying my time but will probably put it on the shelf after finishing like BotW.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah they’re a bit like Hobby Lobby lite, I will go out of my way not to give them money. Bummer as WC3 LAN multiplayer back in the day was incredible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Diablo 4's been pretty great. Performs like a dream, and they nailed what they were trying to do by making it a game that would appeal to fans of both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tears of the kingdom is the best

i did enough story to get autobuild unlocked then hosed off forever since

farming all the mats and getting all the armor sets. zelda can wait for my rear end, I ain't mario

also sf6 is out and its awesome and really fantastically newbie friendly. come join cool people like me and hekk and fight these streets with us

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

I am loving Street Fighter 6's Modern Controls, I only wish it was more customizable. I just couldn't get used to having 6 attack buttons on a 4 face button controller like the Playstation uses. I know there are some special controllers that can have 6 face buttons like the old Sega controllers but I never looked into it. I was debating on getting a fight stick but holy crap the prices. This seems great so far even though I tend to do a mix of actually doing the moves and using the SP button.

Can anyone confirm that to do a charge attack with modern controllers you still need to hold the direction for the same amount of time before pressing the SP button? I noticed this with Chun-Li's spinning bird kick. I can't just hit down and SP, I have hold down for 2 sec and then hit SP. Odd choice, I feel like it telegraphs the move. Although I guess with charge characters you find ways of getting the time in while doing something else like jumping, I was never a charge character main.

I need to figure out who to main but I keep getting sucked into World Tour mode which is so fun. Also Juri's MFin Akira slide!! (Not really a spoiler but something cool). Did anyone notice the Panda Hsien-Ko on one of the posters in the subway train? They need to bring Darkstalkers back.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol Katie from Letterkenny stars in an honest to god 1995 style FMV game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1107790/The_Complex/

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

FF7 Rebirth gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXmoH6EQ0yA

Looks like we got some Chrono Trigger-esque multi-character attacks. Was hoping to see Cid but doesn't look like this game goes that far. Can't remember what came first, Cosmo Canyon or the airship. I feel like Vincent could end up in the game since it is starting to look at the events of Nibelheim. I also thought it was coming out this year but now it states early 2024.

edit: Oh boy there's something going on.

MK1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bozBaRKwGg

Wrong Theory fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 8, 2023

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wrong Theory posted:

FF7 Rebirth gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXmoH6EQ0yA

Looks like we got some Chrono Trigger-esque multi-character attacks. Was hoping to see Cid but doesn't look like this game goes that far. Can't remember what came first, Cosmo Canyon or the airship. I feel like Vincent could end up in the game since it is starting to look at the events of Nibelheim. I also thought it was coming out this year but now it states early 2024.

edit: Oh boy there's something going on.

MK1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bozBaRKwGg

Looks sick. I really like how they're doing "another turn of the wheel of time" kind of take on it, instead of being a straight remake. Lets it be it's own thing while staying true to the original at the same time.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

With the huge success of Tears of the Kingdom, Final Fantasy 16 coming out this month, and a trailer for FF7, some very nostalgic gamer times.

Nice too see series from my childhood continuing to produce great games. For a while there I was sure Final Fantasy was on some wobbly footing. Before FF7:Remake I hadn't enjoyed one since FF12.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I want them to give me Legend of the Dragoon but with the new FF7 looking graphics.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bring x-wing and tie fighter back

also put secret of evermore and chrono trigger on switch

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I would love to see a Xenogears remake, or even a port available on PS5. It's my favorite game from the PS1 era.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

That would own but with new SW games being AAA titles can’t see them investing in a space flight simulator with high difficulty. Wish they’d allow fans to make it that would be awesome.

Gave the iOS version of Tropico a try & it was fun building a tourist empire, right up until I started getting iPhone overheating warnings. Dang it this is not a new game dunno where all the processing was going.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That would own but with new SW games being AAA titles can’t see them investing in a space flight simulator with high difficulty. Wish they’d allow fans to make it that would be awesome.

Gave the iOS version of Tropico a try & it was fun building a tourist empire, right up until I started getting iPhone overheating warnings. Dang it this is not a new game dunno where all the processing was going.

All we need is a Scenario Editor for SW: Squadrons. Come on, EA, find it within your hearts.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

GD_American posted:

lol Katie from Letterkenny stars in an honest to god 1995 style FMV game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1107790/The_Complex/

ok i beat it and got all the endings

it was ok, its worth exactly what i paid for it on sale and not much more

shame cause katie is a dope as gently caress actor

got anymore games like this to check out?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Arrath posted:

All we need is a Scenario Editor for SW: Squadrons. Come on, EA, find it within your hearts.

I just want an updated DSII tunnel run :cry:

e: a while back I had a mod that let you swap craft for any mission. Doing the tunnel run in an A-Wing instead of the Falcon was loving fast :getin:

literally too fast for the game. There are certain trigger windows for things to happen (namely the pursuing imperial craft getting shot down) and you could blow straight through them without the imperial craft dying…and they’d annihilate you as soon as you hit the reactor room

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 9, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

I would love to see a Xenogears remake, or even a port available on PS5. It's my favorite game from the PS1 era.

A remake that follows their original plan for the last disc and I'll follow you to the gates of hell fighting for it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

I just want an updated DSII tunnel run :cry:

e: a while back I had a mod that let you swap craft for any mission. Doing the tunnel run in an A-Wing instead of the Falcon was loving fast :getin:

literally too fast for the game. There are certain trigger windows for things to happen (namely the pursuing imperial craft getting shot down) and you could blow straight through them without the imperial craft dying…and they’d annihilate you as soon as you hit the reactor room

Lol nice. I acknowledge TIE fighter was the best one but had the most fun with Alliance. The auto-targeting turret made space battles more manageable & I liked the story being linked to the EU, plus getting to decorate your room with trophies is always fun.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also put secret of evermore and chrono trigger on switch

What these people need to do is go talk to Project Aces, the people who make Ace Combat, and get them to make a new Rogue Squadron.

I firmly believe this would be the hottest video game of the year, whatever year it releases.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Why did no one tell me vampire survivors owns so drat hard

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Vampire Survivors is one of those games I played pretty much non-stop for an entire day before the gimmick started to wear a bit thin, even with all the different maps. Unless you get really unlucky with upgrades you usually reach a point where you can just bulldoze anything that comes close to you (garlic is your friend). Solid bit of fun for not a lot of money though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I've been telling people about vampire survivors for months

Put like 100 hours into it.

Also somehow it's free on mobile.

Literally fun/$ ratio of Factorio and other greats.