Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Getting that infinite border sounds hard as hell. I guess getting gud at the 10 life battle mode is an important skill, and so is having a diversity of decks so you don't ram your face into bad matchups repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are activities in Conquest mode applicable to the daily and weekly challenges?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Lobok posted:

Are activities in Conquest mode applicable to the daily and weekly challenges?

Yes counts towards quest proggress and you get boosters. Unless you mean the new missions or whatever they are adding then I don't know I guess.

I know I've said this a bunch but one way to looks at conquest is as an actual casual queue mode. You can play whatever deck you want do your missions farm boosters, and it has no effect on your climb progression to infinate.

Only drawback is its battle mode so you can't just queue when you only have 3 minutes to play a game. Most matches probably last between 8 and 15 minutes I'd imagine. Some outliers can go longer or shorter.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 3, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ah ok, interesting. Reason I asked was because it sounds like doing Conquest should just be my regular mode to play in if I'm going to get the regular rewards still plus a chance at more rewards.

Unless there's no matchmaking because at my current level I would just get destroyed without it.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Lobok posted:

Unless there's no matchmaking because at my current level I would just get destroyed without it.

Actually I never considered matchmaking, I assume there won't be any because it seems counter to the way the mode is intended to work. So maybe pool 1-2 players won't be viable In conquest.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm glad you can just farm tickets. I thought you'd get one ticket per tier and have to pay otherwise

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That was a season pass reward card

After some time has passed, wouldn’t it go into circulation?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've never seen this variant before and it's loving adorable. Wish I could afford it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Red posted:

After some time has passed, wouldn’t it go into circulation?

Beta Pass Variants are just now being added as paid bundles in the next month or two so we may see that happen with passes that were implemented post-launch but their stance so far has been “no plans” on pass / bundle variants once they’re gone.

New Leaf posted:

I've never seen this variant before and it's loving adorable. Wish I could afford it.

hell yeah i love timmy chalomet

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Turn 5, I have priority, I play profx on quantum tunnel where I have a healthy lead to lock whatever weak cards they'll play or in case they play elsewhere. They play devil dino on it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Turn 5, I have priority, I play profx on quantum tunnel where I have a healthy lead to lock whatever weak cards they'll play or in case they play elsewhere. They play devil dino on it

Up there with them loading an empty location with 4 cards after you dropped Hobgoblin

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

New Leaf posted:

Oh, that's who it is. I played someone earlier with her head as their avatar and it was like, how am I supposed to know who that is? Nothing distinctive about her. My first thought was Betty Brant but knew she didn't have a card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Speaking of which I'm still waiting for them to release that JJJ card

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Should make an indestructible card that gets power every time the opponent emotes

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Nikumatic posted:

Beta Pass Variants are just now being added as paid bundles in the next month or two so we may see that happen with passes that were implemented post-launch but their stance so far has been “no plans” on pass / bundle variants once they’re gone.

hell yeah i love timmy chalomet

Muad'Hill.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't think I'm destined to get beyond 70. I keep getting up to 67ish and falling back to 62. Over and over for the last few days. So irritating.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Today I discovered that Falcon will pull an opponent’s Titania back to your hand if she’s on your side when he triggers. I was 80% sure it would work like this, but wasn’t certain if she’d go to my hand or back to the original owner. Im assuming Beast does the same.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Today I discovered that Falcon will pull an opponent’s Titania back to your hand if she’s on your side when he triggers. I was 80% sure it would work like this, but wasn’t certain if she’d go to my hand or back to the original owner. Im assuming Beast does the same.

Pretty sure I've had my Titania stolen by an opponent's Beast. Was that your Falcon that pulled her to your hand? That makes sense if so.

Finally hit 90 after 3 weeks in the 80s, progressing very slowly with a Shuri/Sauron (even HE Hulk has trouble with 24 power + change in two lanes).
Final battle was thus:

and a few other notable wins along the way:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Using someone's Kingpin against them is a lot of fun.

Oops, all smashy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Ninurta posted:

Using someone's Kingpin against them is a lot of fun.

Oops, all smashy.

Why would they play KP with no plan to utilize him on T6, I guess unless they were waiting for Mags (or maybe even Polaris or Stegron)?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

GarudaPrime posted:

Yes counts towards quest proggress and you get boosters. Unless you mean the new missions or whatever they are adding then I don't know I guess.

I know I've said this a bunch but one way to looks at conquest is as an actual casual queue mode. You can play whatever deck you want do your missions farm boosters, and it has no effect on your climb progression to infinate.

Only drawback is its battle mode so you can't just queue when you only have 3 minutes to play a game. Most matches probably last between 8 and 15 minutes I'd imagine. Some outliers can go longer or shorter.

hell yea, now i can grind these missions out without tanking the rank!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Red posted:

Why would they play KP with no plan to utilize him on T6, I guess unless they were waiting for Mags (or maybe even Polaris or Stegron)?

They had stacked Asteroid M turns 3-5 including Kingpin. I played Magneto on T6 and wiped out 3 of the 4 cards, not including Kingpin, it was a vacant lane because Lamentus forced them to stack Asteroid M? After playing Luke Cage on T2 I kept stacking Sentinels to see what they had to play and then did Magneto, Wasp and Yellowjacket in the middle where they hadn't played anyone.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wong+black bolt on the featured location is fun

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Wong+black bolt on the featured location is fun
Yeah it's cool when you discard their entire hand

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I don't think I'm destined to get beyond 70. I keep getting up to 67ish and falling back to 62. Over and over for the last few days. So irritating.

come to the discord. let us spectate you to glory.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
We're all having a good time here

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm sure I will be running into some dick playing Wong plus Gambit plus Odin on that location

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't have Wong yet but I've definitely been a pest with Iceman, Yondu, Cable, and Scorpion in that spot.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Last King posted:

come to the discord. let us spectate you to glory.

I might have to to get any traction but I think it's too late for me to make 70.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: That was fun, thanks to the guys who joined! Didn't gain much ground but we saw some wacky decks and talked through a lot of plays.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 4, 2023

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Edit: That was fun, thanks to the guys who joined! Didn't gain much ground but we saw some wacky decks and talked through a lot of plays.

as long as you're positive on the cubes... this hot location is fun (unlike some of those other messes). keep the high rolls going!

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

This seemed to break something, took about 15 mins for the final turn to play out

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Either Kamar-Taj or the rear end end of a five week season broke peoples' brains enough to get me to infinite for the first time! Or maybe it was High Evo meta finally forcing me off of C3 and moving / bounce being stupid easy to play.

The Human Torch is going to take off with Ghost Spider.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

What kind of insane bullshit is this weirdworld. Literally mirrored my hand.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Anybody got any recommendations for the +40 power wins quest? I need two more. Was farming with a Shuri deck in the last hour of Kamar Taj (didn't have time to play earlier) but not sure what "regular" deck can grind it out. It's okay if it's a bit YOLO, I'm like 85 and don't care for grinding up to 90 in the last day

Along the way, I made the Biggest Boy (who's not that big, but did seal the win)

EDIT: Thanks, Mr. Negative did it!

Artelier fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 5, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mr negative decks are good for big power

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Bounce can get there on a good draw between Pryde, Angela, Bishop & Monkey.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

kaschei posted:

Either Kamar-Taj or the rear end end of a five week season broke peoples' brains enough to get me to infinite for the first time! Or maybe it was High Evo meta finally forcing me off of C3 and moving / bounce being stupid easy to play.

The Human Torch is going to take off with Ghost Spider.

What deck did you use?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

This got me from mid 70s to 97. Last three levels were under Kamar-Taj focus location with Ironheart and Rocket Raccoon in for Angela and Dr Strange, the two most awkward cards to use. Basic idea is to to build a big Kitty or Torch and play big 1 drop + Taskmaster t6.

Kitty + Hulkbuster is 14 best case. Human Torch can get insane with multiple bounces.

# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Human Torch
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Iron Fist
# (2) Angela
# (2) Beast
# (2) Falcon
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (5) Taskmaster
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bWFuVG9yY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJlYXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDbG9hayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsa2J1c3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRmFsY29uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Pulled Stature from a reserve and lmao what nerfs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!