Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Asterite34 posted:

I still can't fathom how Cotton Hill, a deranged foul-mouthed sourfaced shinless whoremonger, managed to seduce at least three women without money changing hands.

I've known guys IRL that make Cotton look like Jimmy Carter, and they usually have at least a couple of ex-wives or a kid with some woman. People are weird, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

A strip club, in Houston, Hank. A strip club. In Houston.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Much like Bill and Boomhauer, you'd be surprised how far persistence and lack of shame will get you. And Cotton has no qualms about going after women who are emotionally vulnerable in the first place.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah I figure Cotton and Tilly was "that's just how it was back then" relationship and DeeDee uh well he had a Cadillac car and would buy her fake boobies (even if he got em cheap)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Do we know when Hank’s parents got divorced?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't think it's ever mentioned when.

-------------------

I'm sorry my application was tardy, it's been a hectic time for me.
My parents don't work, we nearly lost our home. My dad abandoned us for awhile and he was nearly killed with a 2x4. That's him

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cotton is big dick energy personified.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Asterite34 posted:

I still can't fathom how Cotton Hill, a deranged foul-mouthed sourfaced shinless whoremonger, managed to seduce at least three women without money changing hands.

He is a manipulator with an eye for vulnerable targets. I'm assuming Hank's mom just wised up after enough years of being with him

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

I can, but then again, I grew up in Texas.

A lot of woman, especially in his heyday, had been conditioned with the exact sort of trauma and deliberate miseducation that drew them to men like that, and a mix of social shame and lack of work/fair pay available to women trapped them in those marriages. There's a reason divorce was so rare back then.

Hell, he'd basically be considered a pretty average husband in those days, if not unusually gentle. He didn't even beat her or Hank. Husband of the year right there.

poo poo was pretty bleak for women.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 4, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Kalli posted:

-------------------

I'm sorry my application was tardy, it's been a hectic time for me.
My parents don't work, we nearly lost our home. My dad abandoned us for awhile and he was nearly killed with a 2x4. That's him

You’re telling me Connie’s not getting in because she’s an overachieving Asian?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1665101844589191168?t=EU8lZxk2ECs_CNjoRSKvSg&s=19

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

That's my hell! I don't know you!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That’s a clean burning hell, I tell you what.

naem
May 29, 2011

pro pain and pro pain accessories

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kalli posted:

I think my guess would be that it was probably not long after Hank was grown up and out of the house, or at least big enough to take care of himself. 'Staying together for the kids' is generally a bad idea but I imagine she didn't want to have to deal with being a single mother, nor leave Hank's care to Cotton, but once she doesn't have a kid to be taking care of she has no more reason to stay.

It's really not too subtle that a huge reason why Hank is so repressed and struggles to express his emotions is because of Cotton outright terrorising him and his mother for their entire lives. Definitely one of those things where he understandably and rightly doesn't want to subject people to that but goes a bit too far the other way.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'LL HELPS YOU WITH YOUR DISHES

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Should've made the demons look like Bill.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think my guess would be that it was probably not long after Hank was grown up and out of the house, or at least big enough to take care of himself. 'Staying together for the kids' is generally a bad idea but I imagine she didn't want to have to deal with being a single mother, nor leave Hank's care to Cotton, but once she doesn't have a kid to be taking care of she has no more reason to stay.

It's really not too subtle that a huge reason why Hank is so repressed and struggles to express his emotions is because of Cotton outright terrorising him and his mother for their entire lives. Definitely one of those things where he understandably and rightly doesn't want to subject people to that but goes a bit too far the other way.

I always kinda figured that part of what Hank initially saw in Peggy was basically the opposite of his mom, who would disassociate as a defense mechanism when faced with Cotton's abusive bullshit and leave him to try and deal with it on his own. Meanwhile Peggy, for as monstrously overinflated as her ego is, will never simply disengage and take poo poo from anyone ever.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

FrumpleOrz posted:

Should've made the demons look like Thatherton.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yes. Yes!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Should've made the demons look like Bill.

why do you keep calling me **in demon voice** BILL

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Thelonious Monk...he must have fished.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Henry Winkler?!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Thaterton's Base

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

E: doublepost

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

For years I've searched for an image for my first tattoo...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

For years I've searched for an image for my first tattoo...

It’s about time someone match this quality piece

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

It’s about time someone match this quality piece

Those flowers are loving good!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

External Organs posted:

Those flowers are loving good!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
To the “flowers of time”!!!

Also shamelessly stolen from the OSHA thread

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bill: See? I told you it wasn't me going through your garbage, see! It was a deer

Dale: I guess we owe you an apology, and I guess those were probably deer droppings too.

Bill: Probably

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Would you look at him?

He's at the age where little-boy hormones get violent.

They don't call them nice, quiet, well-behaved hormones.

They're raging, hank!

He has a chemical need to kill.

I was counting on you to channel that need away from humans.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that with a bit more work and polish, there would have been value in Tartuffe the Sly Wonderdog

VVV God I actually had a feeling I had that wrong but I left it, i'm ashamed

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 6, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that with a bit more work and polish, there would have been value in Tartuffe the Sly Wonderdog

Tartuffe the Spry Wonderdog you jackass.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bobby could've formed a comedy duo with Clark Peters where he does his act and Clark Peters just beats him up occasionally to wild applause

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Bobby just had the wrong audience. His teacher should have had him perform at a yuppie coffee shop or something.

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Tartuffe the Spry Wonderdog you jackass.

It scalds!

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Certainly madam, I would like a beating.

Did I say like? I meant to say NOT LIKE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Ha! Guffaw! Aww! Ha-Ha!