Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m going for silver wolf because her animation video was pretty nifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Though "ah gently caress it I'll give it one more 10x before it changes over" and there's our boy Yuan. Good thing I think he's neat!
Edit: dampens the blow of accidentally buying ten regular passes at one point tbh

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 2, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Though "ah gently caress it I'll give it one more 10x before it changes over" and there's our boy Yuan. Good thing I think he's neat!
Edit: dampens the blow of accidentally buying ten regular passes at one point tbh

Congrats! He is real cool and good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand Luocha is a melee healer and I kinda of love those as a concept. Otoh Void Archives is pretty up there on the Miyoho unredeemable villain scale

Of course I say this having multiple war criminals in Granblue

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Eimi posted:

So my thoughts are that both characters have utility that will hold out in the long run. Luocha has a lot of value in his purge and dispel, alongside being atk based, and he he a lot of passive healing too to lower his sp cost. Wolf is a character who will be MUCH stronger on her rerun when more mono team options exist. I think that if you care about doing deep abyss as soon as possible Luocha will be much better, but I think either pull is pretty safe in terms of retaining value.

Yeah, this pretty much echoes my thoughts. I hadn't thought about the rerun angle, though. You're right that she'll only increase in power as single-element teams are more possible. I was already leaning towards Luocha, but that solidifies it for me I think.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

On one hand Luocha is a melee healer and I kinda of love those as a concept. Otoh Void Archives is pretty up there on the Miyoho unredeemable villain scale

Of course I say this having multiple war criminals in Granblue

Just like I'm sure Silver Wolf is Bronie, I am pretty sure Luocha is NOT Void Archives. The entire way he acted in the story is pretty counter to Archives. I feel like Archives would be way too arrogant to really hide it's identity or lug around a dead god coffin. Also as a soulium body, it could change it's appearance.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Leaks have suggested pretty strongly that Luocha isn't Void Archives.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel my ability to progress in Memory of Chaos is limited by my lack of a levelled wind character. Don't have Bronya, between Dan Heng and Sampo who's worth investing in?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

They're both good, it more depends on what LCs you have for them. I prefer Sampo because at E1 he gets 5 hits on Bounce and can charge his Ultimate extremely fast. Dan hits a bit harder though.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I feel my ability to progress in Memory of Chaos is limited by my lack of a levelled wind character. Don't have Bronya, between Dan Heng and Sampo who's worth investing in?

I went with Dan Heng & Serval as dps for B team and made it up to 5 so far. FWIW Clara is the dps on the A team.

Edit: Decided to focus on DH after seeing this dmg chart - https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/dps-rankings

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 3, 2023

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Do events/updates give more standard banner passes? I haven't spent any currency on it but the passes have basically dried up, so I'm not sure how fast you're expected to hit 300 without spending.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

JT Jag posted:

If you've got two main damage dealers that can carry your MoC teams, then Sampo would probably add more value as an excellent wind break unit. Otherwise Dan Heng is going to do better damage with a less restrictive team than Sampo (who wants to run with DOT characters but DOT teams lack proper support anyway).

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I like how "kafka being annoying as hell over chat" was as important as silver wolf's name and whatever on the title card, in terms of being in the appropriate language (as opposed to the game ui and stuff).

Did they put a date on any of those events or anything? It would be nice to have something to do in the game again. I suppose if they didn't, it's probably a day after the gacha rolls over for the next thing to start?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tangents posted:

Do events/updates give more standard banner passes? I haven't spent any currency on it but the passes have basically dried up, so I'm not sure how fast you're expected to hit 300 without spending.
You get a few standard passes a month from the shop, you get some from leveling characters, and you get a few from the update refreshing the battle pass, and trailblazer levels give you a few. Overall it'll probably take 8 months-a year to hit 300 if you started playing at launch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

double post for some reason

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

How many pulls would you get from events/new content in Genshin, and how often? If it ends up being similar in SR, would that bring the estimate down appreciably?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I did 5-2 for the first time and won. Went full Nihilism*, which was pretty fun. My character damage was low, but the boss was taking like 10+% of her HP in DoT damage per turn by the third round (due to that one stacking Nihilism debuff). Survival was also greatly aided by the "split damage among everyone" blessing + "reduced damage to shielded characters" + "reduced damage to characters at full health" (Bailu's Talent is great for this). The boss just couldn't do much damage to me, and March + Fire MC (I had the "30% chance to remove debuffs on shielding a character" blessing) had an easy time removing her debuff. Welt was also good at damaging/delaying her and stripping her shield.

* Still only got 9 Nihilism blessings though, even with multiple blessing rerolls seeking them out - I have no idea how some of you guys always seem to have like 13-15 all from the same Path, since I usually encounter a bunch of choices where there simply aren't any blessings from my chosen path.

Tangents posted:

This is why I guessed it would be at least like 6+ months to reach 300 rolls on it. IIRC you only really have the 5 refreshing store passes, the BP passes (forget if this requires the paid one), and the ones from SU each week. And I guess whatever events end up giving.

Unless you spend Jade on standard passes, but that's a bad idea. But it *will* happen someday, if you keep playing.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 3, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

How many pulls would you get from events/new content in Genshin, and how often? If it ends up being similar in SR, would that bring the estimate down appreciably?

events/new content barely ever give you standard passes, only gems or limited passes.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Standard pass rewards come from the same places in both HSR and Genshin (5 monthly, 5 from battle pass, shop tiers, level rewards, handbook), though if you use Herta Bonds for passes then HSR pulls ahead.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
They really should hand out more standard rolls for both games. Events and version updates would be fine for that.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I did 5-2 for the first time and won. Went full Nihilism*, which was pretty fun. My character damage was low, but the boss was taking like 10+% of her HP in DoT damage per turn by the third round (due to that one stacking Nihilism debuff). Survival was also greatly aided by the "split damage among everyone" blessing + "reduced damage to shielded characters" + "reduced damage to characters at full health" (Bailu's Talent is great for this). The boss just couldn't do much damage to me, and March + Fire MC (I had the "30% chance to remove debuffs on shielding a character" blessing) had an easy time removing her debuff. Welt was also good at damaging/delaying her and stripping her shield.

* Still only got 9 Nihilism blessings though, even with multiple blessing rerolls seeking them out - I have no idea how some of you guys always seem to have like 13-15 all from the same Path, since I usually encounter a bunch of choices where there simply aren't any blessings from my chosen path.

Congrats! Nihilism is real good and tied with Hunt for my favorite.

For number of blessings it's mostly just luck. Sometimes you just get hosed and you just deal with it. Most people aren't posting their merely average runs so there's a bit of a bias when comparing yourself to what you see people sharing. That said, you eventually learn which options to take if you need more blessings. For example, a 'Combat' will always give you a blessing, whereas an 'Occurrence' might not.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kyrosiris posted:

God I love Preservation. :allears:

I think the best I've seen so far is against cocolia and bronya. she summoned the swords, I used path resonance while shielded, the total damage was over 500k. the preservation path upgrades rock, you just need 6-10 gray blessings which is a very low bar

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I seem to have run out of daily text messages to get from my team. Sad.

Seems like Sushang and Tingyun don't have any yet. I guess they won't unlock until the Luofu story is done?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That Kafka fight was a bitch. I managed it with Fireblazer, March, Dan Heng and Sampo and even then it was close.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

padijun posted:

I think the best I've seen so far is against cocolia and bronya. she summoned the swords, I used path resonance while shielded, the total damage was over 500k. the preservation path upgrades rock, you just need 6-10 gray blessings which is a very low bar

Yeah preservation owns

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Beat 6-2 today when trying it for the first time. I decided to try Elation, and it ended up working really well. Got lucky and got 16(!) Elation blessings. Jing Yuan's stand thing was doing insane damage.

I think the best Blessings I got were the "Ultimates count as follow-ups" one + the "100% chance to get an extra skill point when using a follow-up" one. I could basically ignore skill point limits because of this.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Finally beat SU 5 and it was satisfying but close. I had destruction as my blessing and had Bronya at 70, Nat at 67, Dan Heng at 50, and FireMC at 70, using FireMc as a shield and Nat as healer and debuffer. For Bronya, Nat and FireMc had traces up to Ascencion 4.

I wonder if I could have beat the boss without leveling up so much and I am realizing that my highest level characters together do not make a good team for certain situations.

I'm hoping the other levels aren't so tough.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You're supposed to beat SU 5 at level 50, so yes, you are extremely overleveled.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Clarste posted:

You're supposed to beat SU 5 at level 40, so yes, you are extremely overleveled.
They might mean the tier of SU unlocked by ascension level 5?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Am trailblazer level 52. I think I meant to say that I leveled up my traces to the point where it tells me they won't unlock until I reach character ascension 5.

I am just bad at the game.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Nothing wrong with removing the influence of blessing RNG as much as possible. - an SU semi-hater

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
That fight is more about quickly clearing the two debuffs she uses than anything else, and not letting the fight go on too long if you can't clear shock quickly enough to prevent the start of turn procs (which give her a stacking damage buff). Abundance and Preservation have cleanse effects in their blessings, which kinda trivialize her gimmick.

Regardless, SU5 difficulty 1 is recommended level 55 (by the game) so your party as a whole definitely was overleveled, but your leveling priorities were backwards. If Dan's going to be your main carry, he really should have priority for investment. Though if you were struggling with those character/weapon levels your relics are probably what needs improvement.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah that team is actually pretty good but i have no idea why dan heng is so massively underleveled. if you're similarly giving him lowest priority on traces and relics thatd explain a lot.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I really didn’t use Dan Heng because I didn’t use him for the start because I didn’t think he was cool enough.

I thought I could just level up my favorite characters and just power through. That wasn’t possible for with Kafka. Once someone mentioned using sampo and Dan Heng on Kafka, something clicked in my brain(finally) to use another wind character given the damage Bronya was dealing. This meant having to level up Dan Heng and his traces from very low levels since I didn’t use him once after I got enough characters to fill a four person party.

Doesn’t this leave a dilemma of needing to level most characters because of their element and skill? I really just wanted to fight with my favorites and just farm for trace materials and relics since that seems easier to do.

Tldr: I am bad at game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Dan Heng is kinda boring, he's just a grumpy guy who pokes stuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Everything is approaching level 50 now and I'm starting to actually narrow down who I want to use.

My picks at the moment:

Blazer
March 7
Dan Heng
Quinque
Welt Yang
Asta
Sampo
Natasha
Serval

On the bench:

Tingyun
Herta
Arvan
Sushang

I'm wondering if I should cut something or change something? The type overlaps of who I'm keeping are Blazer & Natasha, Blazer & Asta, and Dan & Sampo. Sampo is just too good for trash fights while Dan is better for bosses. Tingyun is arguably better than Asta, but I value the multi hit more and I have a LC for them that gives +12% attack to everyone.

I also haven't gone deep into SU yet. I can't even finish World 3 because my LCs and Relics are too low level. I also have Sushang at E2, so maybe I should value her more?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Tingyun might be the most valuable 4* in the game right now.
I would put some attention to Sushang since you lack a physical DPS right now. (unless your planning to keep MC as destruction the whole time, i think fireblazer is by far the superior role atm)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
You can use whoever you want assuming you have a rough concept of party composition and didn't go 4 DPS or 4 healers, but they probably should be levelled appropriately, which means ascension/LC/traces/relics. SU makes your team so op as long as you stick to a path and abuse the resonance.

The only content where you really need to optimize is MoC

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm doing tier 5 (60-70) ascension mat farming and I guess this is where all my saved up fuel is going huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Tingyun might be the most valuable 4* in the game right now.
I would put some attention to Sushang since you lack a physical DPS right now. (unless your planning to keep MC as destruction the whole time, i think fireblazer is by far the superior role atm)

I'm just not good with pure support characters. I only really use Natasha if I don't take March or Fireblazer, and March only really gets a pass because of follow up attacks. I'll level up Tingyun and give her a second look.

I should prioritize Sushang. I have her at e2 already when most of my team aren't even at e1.

I regularly switch Trailblazer around depending on the situation. Party wide shields are great but they're pretty weak right now, even with the proper relic set.