Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Her gimmick can burn through your entire SP stockpile in a turn, so it's better to treat her as the main DPS in a team. Someone like Arlan ostensibly being low on SP consumption could make him an okay partner, if you're not having to keep him propped up with heals/shields that need regular SP usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Walla posted:

I wouldn't think of Quinque as DPS, but I can see it. I thought of her as support.

im very interested in the reasoning for this. please

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Not a support at all, unless I'm misreading her kit. Everything she does is in service to her own damage output

A support is like Asta who buffs everyone's attack and speed, or Tingyun who can buff your DPS and then spend a couple turns generating skill points

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my team arrangement is tank/nat/main dps/tingyun because nat's hp is massive compared to everyone else's and tingyun should be as far from the tank as possible

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vibrating in anticipation of Silver Wolf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Walla posted:

I wouldn't think of Quinque as DPS, but I can see it. I thought of her as support.
how? damage is literally all she does

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I essentially just have a healer and then the remaining three are whatever matches the weaknesses as long as they're not a healer. I'm definitely not optimizing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Matching weaknesses is probably a little overrated compared to just being super strong.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Imagine running both a tank and a healer, couldn't be me. Gepard gang rise up!

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

I just started and after the intro I got like…a single demo pull plus another 20 pulls from something in my messages. I thought you got a bunch of early pulls with a 5* guarantee at the start of the game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gameko posted:

I just started and after the intro I got like…a single demo pull plus another 20 pulls from something in my messages. I thought you got a bunch of early pulls with a 5* guarantee at the start of the game?
When you start the game there's a beginner banner that guarantees you a 5* within 50 pulls on it. Once you've done 50 pulls on it it goes away. That's the 5* guarantee.

You get more starter free rolls as you level up.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Clarste posted:

Matching weaknesses is probably a little overrated compared to just being super strong.

See you might be right, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyone who tries to push deep into moc will end up running that, or double tank. I would be really surprised if someone managed to get past moc 7 without bailu or gepard in their roster, or a whale budged.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

AParadox posted:

Also put leveled headpieces on all your supports because the amount of unavoidable aoe in MoC gets really silly

https://i.imgur.com/aZf8s3u.mp4

I hate these enemies so much...

I knew exactly what enemies this was going to be without having to watch the clip. I also hate those things. I'm glad I have Gepard because he makes them slightly less of a pain in the rear end.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I run Gepard and Nat on my main team, but I'm a turtle by nature. Slow and steady wins the race.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Walla posted:

So a decent team would be Fireblazer, Natasha, Arlan, Tingyun? Or March 7, Sushang/Dan Heng, -extra-, Tingyun? With Serval, Sampo, Quinque, Welt Yang able to slot into that third slot if needed?

I like all of these guys, and Quinque and Welt are the only ones who hit Quantum and Imaginary. Or should I just not care about those 2 types?

Out of these the team I would run would be fireMC/Nat and then (whoever is more invested between Sushang or Dan Heng) and (whoever you have a better LC for for Welt or Tingyun).

I ran fireMC/Nat/Seele/Welt as my primary for ages which is pretty much the same.

Also qingque is DPS. She's erudition; all erudition and hunt characters are DPS, to various degrees of success.

e: to clarify:
Hunt: single target DPS
Erudition: aoe DPS
Destruction: combination of both and/or some tankiness and other fuckery.
Abundance: healers
Preservation: shielders
Harmony: buffers
Nihility: debuffers

For a basic team you want a DPS (hunt/erudition), healer (abundance), and pick two of (harmony, preservation, or nihility).

acumen fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 5, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

YES bread posted:

im very interested in the reasoning for this. please

Endorph posted:

how? damage is literally all she does

Sorry, I got my terminology wrong. Second DPS, supportive damage I guess? Like I don't run Quinque as a main damage unit, but as someone who hits a specific type weakness. She rolls RNG every turn so I rarely invest skill points into her and instead use them on whoever my main damage dealer is and on shields. I only really invest sp into Quinque if there are multiple enemies with Quantum weakness, otherwise I just use her for focused damaged. I probably use her wrong.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
using Qingque as intended by the lore, with her not doing her role as much as possible

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MotU posted:

using Qingque as intended by the lore, with her not doing her role as much as possible

:haibrow:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Like running Quinque and Sampo on the same team and I'm happy to use skills on Sampo every turn because Wind Shear on multiple enemies every turn is great and Quinque can just plink away every turn. But I would probably invest more sp into her on a team with Arlan or Herta because Arlan doesn't need his skill for the trash fights and Herta is just fine doing multiple follow up attacks.

Also holy poo poo, I just got Jing Yuan! He's not the best thing ever, but drat is he cool.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

You'll be best served running 1 dps with three people dedicating to buffing and protecting them, but it's not something you have to worry about unless you start losing battles. Use whoever you like, and you just need to worry about adjusting when you hit a wall. It's possible to invest in underperformers but it doesn't sound like your the type or player who cares, and that's valid

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Probably will break the 70->80 ascension next week, gonna need so many credits and exp. books

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Walla posted:

Sorry, I got my terminology wrong. Second DPS, supportive damage I guess? Like I don't run Quinque as a main damage unit, but as someone who hits a specific type weakness. She rolls RNG every turn so I rarely invest skill points into her and instead use them on whoever my main damage dealer is and on shields. I only really invest sp into Quinque if there are multiple enemies with Quantum weakness, otherwise I just use her for focused damaged. I probably use her wrong.

nah that’s actually a perfectly valid way to use her, Qingque can be either sub-dps or your carry depending on your team comp (though having her eidolons helps significantly with the latter)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

big cummers ONLY posted:

You'll be best served running 1 dps with three people dedicating to buffing and protecting them, but it's not something you have to worry about unless you start losing battles. Use whoever you like, and you just need to worry about adjusting when you hit a wall. It's possible to invest in underperformers but it doesn't sound like your the type or player who cares, and that's valid

The only real wall I've hit so far has been SU 3, but all of my LCs were only at 40 and none of my relics were upgraded. I upgraded several sets to 6 at a minimum and upgraded several of my LCs to 50 so I will hopefully have an easier time next time. I did at least make it to Gepard phase 3 before dying.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also is it worth it to use Jing Yuan for MoC/SU and boss fights and just use someone else for regular trash fights? His ultimate is great and so is his summon, but even at level 50 he feels a bit anemic. Slow maybe? I feel like I clear mobs faster without him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Trash fights (ie: calyx farming) eventually get relatively tankier so he's not bad there either. And it's certainly easier than leveling up someone else just for that.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Does a new nameless honor start tomorrow, or are there typically lull periods? Did Genshin have something similar?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My wallet is not ready for Silver Wolf...I'm gunna die if I lose the 50/50

At least her LC is just good rather than bonkers so I don't feel bad passing on it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Does a new nameless honor start tomorrow, or are there typically lull periods? Did Genshin have something similar?

If it follows Genshin the new nameless honor doesn't show up until the patch is live. So about a day and a half of no battle pass.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Probably will break the 70->80 ascension next week, gonna need so many credits and exp. books

People that aren't refreshing aren't probably hitting level 60 next week. It's 8k a level, or about 3.5-4 days per level, I'm ~3k exp into level 56, burned all my available fuel, and I think I've missed maybe 240 stamina total since lauch? So I'd be maybe 1200 exp higher. The week after is likely when people will start hitting level 60 if they haven't been spending jade on refreshes

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Vibrating in anticipation of Silver Wolf
7/14 chance to save a shitload of jade.
5/14 chance to get an extra 5-star to play with.
1/14 chance to get Bronya's coveted E1.
1/14 chance to get Gepard's lovely E2.

What could possibly go wrong?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is she next week? I can’t wait any longer.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tuesday I believe? They don't usually let much time pass without a limited banner.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

If it follows Genshin the new nameless honor doesn't show up until the patch is live. So about a day and a half of no battle pass.

Also be careful not to do things you can't repeat, like the weekly bosses. They *theoretically* count them in Genshin these days but it's a habit to avoid doing unrepeatables until the new battle pass is live just in case. Also in Genshin you'll STILL be locked out of collecting for the daily things on the BP that you did earlier that day (like the four commissions for instance), so if you're maximizing your BP time you might want to hold off as much as you can on the new BP day.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It should be like 48 hours from now, yeah. Her banner will start as soon as the servers come up after maintenance.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gonna be honest I blasted through star rail's BP so fast I am not particularly worried about missing out on a non-repeatable or two

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Tuesday I believe? They don't usually let much time pass without a limited banner.

FractalSandwich posted:

It should be like 48 hours from now, yeah. Her banner will start as soon as the servers come up after maintenance.

Hell yeah!

Thanks!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Pretty sure that even in genshin, you could just fight the "unrepeatable" bosses for the battlepass, you just won't get any of the regular rewards for it. Game doesn't care if you get the rewards, just that you do the thing.

But more to the point:

Excelzior posted:

gonna be honest I blasted through star rail's BP so fast I am not particularly worried about missing out on a non-repeatable or two

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

In this game it takes stamina to even fight the bosses though, not just to collect the rewards.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Does it actually not let you after you've done your n/week? I never really checked. Come to think of it, I don't think I've even bothered the last two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

I'm thinking maybe ~11-12 days for me; seems like I'm getting an trailblazer level every 2 days (or maybe a little more) and I'm at like 55.7-8 now.

Already have the ascension mats prepared for the characters I care about, though the XP mats are another matter entirely. Should probably start preparing those since they (and money) are going to be the biggest issue.