Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

incoherent posted:

your watch is totally going to 5150 you.

No cell on my watch. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

incoherent posted:

your watch is totally going to 5150 you.

LOL

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jose Oquendo posted:

wait. Am I doing something wrong? I'm left handed and put the watch on my left wrist, oriented correctly so the crown is on the upper right corner.

Apparently all of us lefthanders use the watch completely differently.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Rick posted:

I'm a right-wrist-wearer and this post is confusing me.

if you wear it on your left-wrist your right hand doesn't have to make sure its not covering the watch face when you're using the crown. on the right-wrist you have to slightly contort your left hand to not cover your screen. this is fine if its just to do a couple of things but if they're involving the crown more now then it's going to get more annoying imo. maybe it won't feel like that once the update comes out.

hatty posted:

Can’t left handed people just put the witch on upside down? Does the watch not rotate?

doesn't seem like it. is there a setting to flip this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

wait. Am I doing something wrong? I'm left handed and put the watch on my left wrist, oriented correctly so the crown is on the upper right corner.

So ignore what Apple is showing - they do it because it's easier to display in a presentation. The "proper" way to orient the watch is to have the crown is on the outside - away from your hand. So lower left on left wrist or upper right on right wrist. But you could wear it the other way if you wanted to, so there isn't a true "wrong" way.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finally, iOS and iPadOS will yell at boomers to get the screen away from their faces.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Strong Sauce posted:

if you wear it on your left-wrist your right hand doesn't have to make sure its not covering the watch face when you're using the crown. on the right-wrist you have to slightly contort your left hand to not cover your screen. this is fine if its just to do a couple of things but if they're involving the crown more now then it's going to get more annoying imo. maybe it won't feel like that once the update comes out.

doesn't seem like it. is there a setting to flip this.

I just make like a C with my hand around the watch and control it with my finger like that.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

give us the goofy goggles apple.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

GoatSeeGuy posted:

IDGI, if I'm tracking my workout on the watch, isn't the point that I DON'T need my phone on me? For every somewhat useful sounding feature it's just a pile of gimmicks.

I know this is supposed to be more of a performance and bug fixing update, but they've got nothing.
When I'm on my mountain bike, I have my phone with me.

Three things:
- For one, it's in the top compartment of my backpack, facing the sky. So I'd say it has a better view of the sky than my watch, which faces sideways towards trees and poo poo.
- My phone has dual frequency GPS, my watch not.
- My AW6 lasted way longer sports tracking if the phone is near, because GPS was power gated.

That's why I'm a smidge annoyed.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Oh wow, this is an entire week of Apple poo poo?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Headset time?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

incoherent posted:

give us the goofy goggles apple.

they are going to one more thing us.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I alternate which wrist I use my watch to keep the suntan line at a minimum. :smug:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Tim, you Alabama bumpkin, you better announce the headset.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Here we go!

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
here we go

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
here it comes

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
$2999 dollars

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
One more thing. Cute.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Anti-depressants now sold at Apple stores.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
He said the thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

show me the insanely expensive glasses

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I alternate which wrist I use my watch to keep the suntan line at a minimum. :smug:

Huh, that's honestly a brilliant idea. I golf a ton so I got a pretty good tan, but my right wrist is pale as hell because of my watch.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Rick posted:

I just make like a C with my hand around the watch and control it with my finger like that.

yeah that's what i do but i find it kinda annoying that way..

also i just realized you _can_ flip it so the crown is in the outside orientation.. might try that

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
He said the thing!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

looks like dogshit

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
it's transparent lol

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
lol at that name swerve

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Looks entirely too expensive

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man....really Apple? This is what you've got?

At some point why are you even bother releasing this?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It looks like the big airpods

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

lost my retainer posted:

it's transparent lol

Apple Pro Mouse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What in the world

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Oh dear lord they did the external screen thing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this looks like poo poo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
it's not 100% wireless?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Vision Pro - the product if you want to be Apple 24/7

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That dog looks very concerned

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
What exactly did y'all think it was going to look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So AR, not full VR? And it has a cable attached.