Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
new video conferencing abilities to add effects! thanks apple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"The IMAX version of the office building" so something that will keep a small, dedicated group coming back while most people stay home due to rising prices?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
macos sonoma looks like poo poo. too bad.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

who needs dinner when you’ve got evening cereal

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
love to shop while working

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
My company's offices in center city Philly literally has all of those things and they still can't convince people to come back.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

sullat posted:

Yeah my wife was working out of a wework space in the before covid days. I mean it was cool, they had free coffee and an expresso bar + regular bar right there and the phone call rooms were made to look like old-timey phone booths and her employer had rented a private space for her but it still had all the disadvantages of normal office with none of the advantages (in person collaboration with co-workers) so she was pretty happy when a massive world-wide pandemic hit, killing millions and pushing her into permanent WFH.

I used one once and it felt like it was trying to be some sort of social club for people who are way too into working and it was unsettling

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

there’s an unfortunate strain of capital pilled folks like Mark Blyth that know what their bread is buttered with and stop short of this because the c-word will get them blacklisted and thrown in the dumpster and ignored by their fellow liberal class if they even dare mention it

I grabbed that City Authentic book you mentioned and the author even points that out in the first chapter wrt to the English Labour guys who wrote books about Marxist approaches to city and culture-building and eventually pivoted to conservatism because that's what got them published.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
My prepandemic coworking space was cool. They had a cat named Mr. Meowgi who helped me close up at night and chased out the street rats. My fav coworker was the wedding photographer who clearly hated their job. Almost everyone had their Amazon stuff shipped there, I was accepting packages 3-4 times a day.

WeWork strikes me as the McDonalds version of that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe if people lived next to the office ? like right next door ?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

holefoods posted:

I used one once and it felt like it was trying to be some sort of social club for people who are way too into working and it was unsettling

two words: co-living people

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

maybe if people lived next to the office ? like right next door ?

yes let's go with this, what if people could live and work at the same place? we could call it work at home I think it'll be a hit!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The co-working space thing always seemed like it was marketed more for "startups" and "founders" to work there for networking purposes and that kind of thing.

So like most things it only existed because of low interest rates and not actually a real thing that should exist.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
just add a handful of crazy taxi machines ezpz

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apple headset looks like dogshit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1665786482546843648?s=20

yeah, walking around downtown with $3k in hardware strapped to my face

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Looks like poo poo good job Tim Apple

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they need to get Jobs back from Next

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"The IMAX version of the office building" so something that will keep a small, dedicated group coming back while most people stay home due to rising prices?

whale-ification of your work force

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1665786482546843648?s=20

yeah, walking around downtown with $3k in hardware strapped to my face

going with my initial impulse - will bomb amongst apple fans because they mostly only care about the brand aesthetic and no one is using this thing out in public

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
All of the pictures show people sitting in offices using it. It's a monitor.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the future is now.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nothus posted:

All of the pictures show people sitting in offices using it. It's a monitor.

ok i still don't think people will buy it but thatnks for the input fact checker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

uh what is that cord attached to

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

uh what is that cord attached to

i assume it's a battery pack on your waist, they haven't said

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the plutonomy paper was from 2005, etc. etc.

it's still going to fail but it's the obvious direction to look if you're that deep into commercial real estate

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

looking forward to the first gently caress that dies wearing this in autopilot tesla

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

3,000$ ski goggle or a 200$ 60’ 4K tv from Walmart . choices

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

the plutonomy paper was from 2005, etc. etc.

it's still going to fail but it's the obvious direction to look if you're that deep into commercial real estate

why am i being fact checked to death in this thread today

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Must be a lot of mental illness and drug abuse going around in LA, since everyone knows that's what causes homelessness.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/us/los-angeles-rv-dwellers/index.html

number never wants to shrink, op

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so instead of just telling people when they’re nervous to just imagine their audience naked, the apple VR headset can just do it for them, and all the time, including while shopping or in the park or church etc

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I cancelled Netflix :coolfish:

Raise the price, cancel Inside Job, and then prevent account sharing? I'm sick of taking everybody's poo poo all the time. I barely even watch TV now, there's been times I've sat for legit 10 minutes scrolling through services and then just turned the TV off. That show sucks, that show has the wrong vibe, I don't want to want a show with that much r***, cop show, cop show, military, cops...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I grabbed that City Authentic book you mentioned and the author even points that out in the first chapter wrt to the English Labour guys who wrote books about Marxist approaches to city and culture-building and eventually pivoted to conservatism because that's what got them published.

did you finish the book?

but yeah it’s unfortunate side effect of capital control of communication, and a century of heavy duty public schooling indoctrination over the dreaded naughty c-word, that pretty much means only liberalism-ideology gets disseminated

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Raise the price, cancel Inside Job, and then prevent account sharing? I'm sick of taking everybody's poo poo all the time. I barely even watch TV now, there's been times I've sat for legit 10 minutes scrolling through services and then just turned the TV off. That show sucks, that show has the wrong vibe, I don't want to want a show with that much r***, cop show, cop show, military, cops...

I just found out Amazon Prime re-activated my account like 3 months ago somehow despite me not ordering anything from them in over a year lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

ahh but think about all the TLC-rear end dating shows you’re missing out on talking around the water cooler. better resub asap

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

so instead of just telling people when they’re nervous to just imagine their audience naked, the apple VR headset can just do it for them, and all the time, including while shopping or in the park or church etc

which is gonna partner real well with the video recording part, they must be incredibly confident in either how well they have the platform locked down or how little they give a gently caress about any sort of liability

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I get Max for "free" through my cell phone plan so it's the streaming service I use most often, and seeing the amount of Reality content being pushed since the switch from HBO Max to Max is pretty disheartening

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
that’s cuz it’s cheap and people love to say how much they just put it on for background noise while folding laundry or doing dishes so they’re just giving the masses what they want :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

skooma512 posted:

we’ve been kicked from our shared account but i’m not really sure i’m bothered about subscribing myself, mainly because netflix now has a firmly established reputation of abandoning shows after two seasons regardless of quality, and just has so much chaff to choose from it’s difficult to even find the good stuff in the first place, which is cancelled anyway