Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got Natasha's E6 from standard banner. She actually does pretty formidable normal attack damage with it. If I were to equip her with all my Bailu gear, it would add like 2300 to her normal attack.

edit: Also lucked on Tingyun's E4 from the Jing Yuan banner (stopped after that, since I was already pushing my luck). I don't quite understand how it works, though. It says it adds 20% to the "damage multiplier provided by Benediction," but Benediction provides an ATK buff. What exactly is it multiplying? The buff, or the additional lightning damage?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Beginning to lose hope in this "ps5 in 1.1" thing lol :(

Buy anyway, about silver wolf. One thing that I've been interested in seeing, is if her weakness generation skips over the weaknesses an enemy already has. People have been saying silver wolf is only good on mono quantum teams. But lets say that you have an enemy that's weak to, say, fire and physical. If SW works how I want her to, you could use the standard Nat/PMC core with Seele, and the implanted weakness would still be guaranteed to be quantum. Pretty good! Or lets say the enemy is already weak to quantum, and maybe lightning. You could run something like Nat/Clara/Ting/SW and guarantee a physical weakness. Also pretty good!

I mean I'm gonna get her either way, but it's good to know.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

MoonCrab posted:

Beginning to lose hope in this "ps5 in 1.1" thing lol :(

Buy anyway, about silver wolf. One thing that I've been interested in seeing, is if her weakness generation skips over the weaknesses an enemy already has. People have been saying silver wolf is only good on mono quantum teams. But lets say that you have an enemy that's weak to, say, fire and physical. If SW works how I want her to, you could use the standard Nat/PMC core with Seele, and the implanted weakness would still be guaranteed to be quantum. Pretty good! Or lets say the enemy is already weak to quantum, and maybe lightning. You could run something like Nat/Clara/Ting/SW and guarantee a physical weakness. Also pretty good!

I mean I'm gonna get her either way, but it's good to know.

This is actually testable because Silver Wolf and Kafka are playable in the tutorial.

If Silver Wolf's skill isn't active on an enemy, a new cast of it will always generate a weakness the enemy doesn't have if possible. If the skill IS active already (ie, you're refreshing it early), it can pick a weakness the enemy has naturally if there aren't any other weaknesses available in your party. In other words, with the tutorial party of Kafka + SW, the first cast will always generate a quantum weakness because the enemies are natively weak to lightning. However, if you cast the skill again while it's already active on an enemy in this situation, there's a chance that it'll "create" a lightning weakness, since the enemy is already weak to both (because of SW's skill still being active).

TL;DR: It'll generate a new weakness if it can.

Also, for the record, very limited and speculative testing using the tutorial implies that Silver Wolf's generated weakness weights all potential weaknesses equally, so running her in a mono-element party (non-quantum) has a 50/50 chance to generate a quantum weakness still.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zurai posted:

Also, for the record, very limited and speculative testing using the tutorial implies that Silver Wolf's generated weakness weights all potential weaknesses equally, so running her in a mono-element party (non-quantum) has a 50/50 chance to generate a quantum weakness still.
This drives me insane in Genshin, so I think the Star Rail community needs to come together early and agree: it's not "mono" anything if one of your party members is a different element! That's two elements!

Join me on the path of The Pedantry, and we can nip this terminological inexactitude in the bud right now.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Nice, I was wondering why they'd make her such a nonbo with the other stellaron hunters but I guess they didn't :toot:

That makes her a very flexible support that's only gonna get more flexible the more characters you get. You can tailor her teams to be able to feed the enemy the exact weakness you want (eventually). In the worst case scenario I was gonna run her with Nat/Clara/Seele or Luocha/Welt/Seele anyway but this is much better!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Did Genshin ever get an item that allowed you to breakthrough characters without dupes?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Did Genshin ever get an item that allowed you to breakthrough characters without dupes?

No

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

This drives me insane in Genshin, so I think the Star Rail community needs to come together early and agree: it's not "mono" anything if one of your party members is a different element! That's two elements!

Join me on the path of The Pedantry, and we can nip this terminological inexactitude in the bud right now.

Yeah, honestly I was extremely confused reading that sentence just now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fair. "Otherwise mono-element team". In other words, say, Silver Wolf + Jing Yuan + Tingyun + Bailu, there's a 50% chance to generate a quantum weakness on an enemy with no inherent lightning or quantum weakness, not a 25% chance. That's based on very incomplete testing though and may change in live.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Bi-Element

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
I believe people use "mono-element" in Genshin to refer to teams that don't use reactions to amplify damage, but since reactions don't even exist in Star Rail, it makes zero sense to use it outside of actual single -element parties here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got to MoC6 (cleared MoC5 with 2/3*) with a clumsy pack of FireMC, Yanqing, Beilu, Tingyun, Serval, Sampo, Asta, and Sushang
was able to make due with one tank or one healer per team, but looks like past MoC5, I'm gonna want one of each to be comfortable, of course, might change once my levels even out since i'm still lv70, and MoC is 80.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Will doubling up Seal and Wolf be a bad idea

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

SW supports Seele incredibly well. If you hit quantum weakness, Seele suddenly gets up to 50% res pen, and up to 75% Def pen. That's a lot of damage multipliers for an already incredibly strong unit

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So this new hubbub about Silver Wolf is clickbaity bullshit that’s been known about already and there haven’t been any last minute sweeping changes?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i say SW is gonna go well with just about any Hunt unit.
looking forward to her enabling my YanQing in more battles where there isn't an ice weakness present

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

i say SW is gonna go well with just about any Hunt unit.
looking forward to her enabling my YanQing in more battles where there isn't an ice weakness present

I completely forgot Yanqing was in the game because I don't have him and also not a single one of the like 40 people on my friends list has him set as a support Lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've used him a bit since suppprts are so limited that I haven't really bothered sharing codes and just grab somebody from the random pool to speed up material farming if relevant

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There's a twitter event

https://silverwolfgameen.belugacpn.jp/index.html

I know I made fun of someone for getting mad about low jade compensation for something earlier, but 'hey give us control over your twitter profile with ridiculous permissions and we'll give you 30 jade' is kind of crazy.

silver wolf's greatest hack

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Probably gonna use next Bo’s resin for a crit.dmg chest piece for my Sushang

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mono-*whatever* as a term in genshin makes sense because 99% of otherwise mono teams are going to run an anemo character to shred resistance. the anemo character is just there to do that and with how anemo works in genshin they're mostly dealing that element's damage anyway. plus its hard to think of a snappy term for 3 of an element + kazuha.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I feel like I over rate We Are Wildfire! I have it at SI 2 and 35% healing and +10% defense at the start of battle is just really good. I often run March and Fireblazer because of it and don't worry about healing.

I also think I undervalue Welt. I have a max superimposed lc which deals +40% damage to slowed enemies. Welt, Fireblazer, March 7 and Quinque/Arlan seems like it should be a decent team. Free healing and stacking shields and taunts on the MC should be good for something.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There's a twitter event

https://silverwolfgameen.belugacpn.jp/index.html

I know I made fun of someone for getting mad about low jade compensation for something earlier, but 'hey give us control over your twitter profile with ridiculous permissions and we'll give you 30 jade' is kind of crazy.

Even this is gacha

I did not get the x.x face, so obviously I lost.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Was very much interested in SW but thinking I may wait for her rerun as I have a lot of characters I want to build including an in-progress E6 Pela

Looking at the leaked stuff for Fu Xuan, which is obviously always subject to constant changes, makes her look extremely busted at E6 as long as her numbers aren’t ridiculously undertuned

My reasoning is that if SW has really high support potential she’ll still be worth it to roll when she reruns but with a strong E6 Seele and an E1 JY, both with their LC, I don’t think she will enable anything for me personally. She still looks like a very very good unit and as long as there isn’t another character that fills the same role in between now and her rerun I’ll probably go for her then (if she doesn’t overlap with Topaz, at least)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Walla posted:

I feel like I over rate We Are Wildfire! I have it at SI 2 and 35% healing and +10% defense at the start of battle is just really good. I often run March and Fireblazer because of it and don't worry about healing.

I also think I undervalue Welt. I have a max superimposed lc which deals +40% damage to slowed enemies. Welt, Fireblazer, March 7 and Quinque/Arlan seems like it should be a decent team. Free healing and stacking shields and taunts on the MC should be good for something.

We are Wildfire looks like it sucks so much, like I can't even imagine it being good. But maybe it's actually useful in no-healer MoC teams?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

We are Wildfire looks like it sucks so much, like I can't even imagine it being good. But maybe it's actually useful in no-healer MoC teams?

I haven't gone deep into MoC yet, but my strongest team for everything else has been double Preservation with We are Wildfire and Trend of the Universal Market. Funnel all of your tanking into Fireblazer holding Trend and you take very little actual damage except from aoe attacks. As long as you lose less than half of your health in any one fight you always start the next one at 2/3 or more. Actual healing might be a necessity later, but there's always consumables in between battles.

Also I guess it sucks if you have better lcs? My only good Preservation lcs are the 2 I mentioned.

Also I just realized my Sushang is e3, which is higher than anyone other than Destruction MC. Have her as dps and she can potentially regenerate skill points for me. I need to test this.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Teamwide damage resistance is one of the better things you can get out of a Preservation LC, the only issue with Wildfire is it's turn-limited. It seems solidly in the middle of 4* options since the BP LC sucks and Universal Market is just kind of a weird niche thing.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Walla posted:

Also I just realized my Sushang is e3, which is higher than anyone other than Destruction MC. Have her as dps and she can potentially regenerate skill points for me. I need to test this.

she only refunds a skill point when using that skill against a broken enemy. and you still need at least 1 SP to use it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wildfire is per battle though, not turn right? If it's per battle it's essentially useless vs any of the harder content and bosses since you're gonna be full for them anyway

Also Welt is extremely good. Probably the best DPS to come from a non-dps class on top of fantastic utility.

acumen fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 6, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/K0re_drawings/status/1665358692122783744

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

haypliss posted:

Teamwide damage resistance is one of the better things you can get out of a Preservation LC, the only issue with Wildfire is it's turn-limited. It seems solidly in the middle of 4* options since the BP LC sucks and Universal Market is just kind of a weird niche thing.

Most fights don't really last past 5 turns, and the ones that do are usually boss fights that generally have some means to heal afterwards. But maybe that's different in later stage MoC and SU?

Universal Market seems made for Fireblazer. Extra defense and what is basically a free follow up for being hit seems made for his taunts.

Also the 3 star Preservation cones just suck. I never saw a basic cone worth using for March 7 compared to the ones available for Nihility, Destruction and Hunt.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's per battle, but MoC is divided into 2 battles per side and you want to go fast to get the stars anyway, so a limited-time buff would also be more useful. Possibly. Might let you play more aggressively than otherwise?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/LilitaAbyss/status/1664185594556329984

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clarste posted:

It's per battle, but MoC is divided into 2 battles per side and you want to go fast to get the stars anyway, so a limited-time buff would also be more useful. Possibly. Might let you play more aggressively than otherwise?

The party wide defense buff is for 5 turns. The heal is at the start of battle.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The defense buff will probably last the entire fight in MOC, so that's good.

The heal will patch you up for the second fight with the same team in MOC, which might let you avoid running a healer on that side.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just did World 3 in SU. It was almost laughably easy with double Preservation, Welt and Sushang. Path of Preservation naturally. I took almost 0 damage during the boss fight.

Last time I tried it half of my party was at level 40 and so were all of my light cones. Also, none of my relics were upgraded. This time everyone was level 50 and so was at least 1 of my lcs, and all of my relics were level 7.

World 4 is next. Path of Elation with Jing Yuan seems a safe bet for a first clear.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And it didn't go well. I didn't even make it past the elite, which is vulnerable to ice and fire. Which stinks, because the recommended elements are lightning and wind. Also Preservation is probably the safer and easier route, or I just need to wait until the next equilibrium since the recommended level is 52.

Also I would probably be better off with Dan Heng over Sampo. Or maybe I should just bring Nat and let Jing Yuan do his thing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Abundance is the SU5 easy mode path but it's more for Kafka herself rather than any of the midbosses.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Walla posted:

And it didn't go well. I didn't even make it past the elite, which is vulnerable to ice and fire. Which stinks, because the recommended elements are lightning and wind. Also Preservation is probably the safer and easier route, or I just need to wait until the next equilibrium since the recommended level is 52.

Also I would probably be better off with Dan Heng over Sampo. Or maybe I should just bring Nat and let Jing Yuan do his thing.

The elites are pulled from a pool of possible options, so it's possible you just got unlucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FairGame posted:

Is Pela bad? She seems kinda useful and the game has given me an E6 one.

Can spam her ultimate a ton, doesn't need skill points, enables Welt to do Welt Bullshit.

No she's good. But even with those nerfs Silver Wolf is still better than Pela.