Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Unlucky7 posted:

So am I missing out on anything by not preordering so I can see if the servers are exploding?

Tried Druid in one of the betas but think I may roll Barb. I am a man of simple tastes.

The game is going live today/tomorrow for all players so don't add a $20 tip to your purchase right now my dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

M. Night Skymall posted:

I think the battlepass is 20 bucks either way, and you already missed the early access window mostly, so you'd just be getting the aptly named "temptation mount"

Also the battlepass doesn't activate until season 1 I think, getting it now does nothing.

CBD Corndog posted:

There are 2 paid battlepasses, the premium one which is :10bux: and the ULTRA-PREMIUM one which is :20bux: and adds a bunch of level skips

So I'm essentially paying :10bux: extra if I get the Digital Deluxe yeah?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nfcknblvbl posted:

drat, nice

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

M. Night Skymall posted:

Nah you can, and should, just focus acts 1-3 to get your mount at the start of act 4, then go back and do side stuff or whatever you want.

Guess I am doing it wrong then. I am just finished act 2 and I am lvl 48

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

rydiafan posted:

Ok, I give up. What's a "soul infused enemy" for that random event mastery?

They're one enemy in the group that glows, when you kill it another one appears. So search the one with the glowing halo sorta effect around it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Doomykins posted:

The game is going live today/tomorrow for all players so don't add a $20 tip to your purchase right now my dude.

What I meant was preordering the standard edition, right now, so I can get whatever pre order goodies they or wait a few hours and seeing if the game actually launches alright. I am not that dumb. Though I am an idiot with my money so fair assumption.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

MikeC posted:

Maybe should was a strong word choice, but seriously the horse does add some quality of life, and you can always do the side quests later, I did most of mine at 50+ in T3.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

What I meant was preordering the standard edition, right now, so I can get whatever pre order goodies they or wait a few hours and seeing if the game actually launches alright. I am not that dumb. Though I am an idiot with my money so fair assumption.

The goodies aren't really worth it imo since you've missed the early access period.

You get a horse and some horse armor, I've already gotten a dope spectral horse as an in-game drop and you can get horse armor drops as well, or just buy one of the cash shop sets if you want to spend money on horse cosmetics.

You do also get the battle pass that comes out with season 1 but you can buy that separately when it comes out as well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The in-game cosmetic drops have been a fun surprise. I had no idea they were doing those, but I’ve gotten 2 horse skins and a cool little flag for my horsey.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Who has bought the chicken sandwiches?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I swapped my ailing whirlwind build to a hammer of the ancients build and now I whip rear end. Game is good.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I did. I had to buy them in separate orders or else I would have only gotten credit for one if they were all in a single order.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

MarcusSA posted:

Theyre poo poo. Could have at least did the promotion with Popeyes so we could have good chicken sandwiches.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Ehud posted:

The in-game cosmetic drops have been a fun surprise. I had no idea they were doing those, but I’ve gotten 2 horse skins and a cool little flag for my horsey.

So far all I've gotten was a spectral horse which I confess is actually pretty neat, since It even sounds like a ghost horse when you spur it

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

Theyre poo poo. Could have at least did the promotion with Popeyes so we could have good chicken sandwiches.

They were very smart to make the only cool cosmetic require four orders

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

MikeC posted:

You've maybe already discovered this, but one down side to doing all the side stuff early is that the world tiers 1 and 2 stop scaling at level 50. So you'll start to feel really really strong as you approach like level 60, but your XP gains are going to go way down. And you can't unlock world tier 3 until you finish the campaign (I think).

I was in a similar situation and I bumped myself down to WT1 and mainlined the story quests for a bit to even things out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

canyonero posted:

You've maybe already discovered this, but one down side to doing all the side stuff early is that the world tiers 1 and 2 stop scaling at level 50. So you'll start to feel really really strong as you approach like level 60, but your XP gains are going to go way down. And you can't unlock world tier 3 until you finish the campaign (I think).

I was in a similar situation and I bumped myself down to WT1 and mainlined the story quests for a bit to even things out.

Sorry if I have sleepy brain but what's the issue here? The campaign gets too easy as the level scaling stops and you keep gearing up? Or is it that you just don't get XP rewards from doing the campaign anymore?

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

(Re error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8)

Hashy posted:

Run CHKDSK on your hard drive and report back

All checked out no errors. I submitted a ticket to Blizzard support, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Dressed to Kill posted:

Blizzard wants you buying cosmetics and you won't do that if its like D3 where you're done with everything in 3 days.

jokes on them cause sorceress AusaaamBobs will never not be wearing a flimsy sports bra transmog

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

New thread title unlocked!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

so is the game good

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is there any point to the blue(magic) glyphs? Seems like you only have room on the paragon boards for a handful and I already appear to own almost all the yellow(rare) ones. Or is it just typical diablo lootflation stuff?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

so is the game good

No, it's excellent

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Black Griffon posted:

so is the game good

YMMV but I felt dirty about myself paying for early access Friday night. But I played the game all weekend and wasn't displeased about my decision by Sunday night. Will be playing again if the plebs don't crash the servers.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

MarcusSA posted:

Raises paw

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

victrix posted:

No, it's excellent

Game owns. If you manage to drag friends in it’s even better in a group

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
It is going to be incredibly weird going directly from this game to Final Fantasy 16 in a couple of weeks, because the guy that voices Lorath also voices a major character in that game, and he sounds exactly the same lol

The VA owns but he seems like he has basically no range.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Appreciate how hard the PC balks at working for demons but is happy to run errands for the tree of whispers

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

victrix posted:

No, it's excellent

MikeC posted:

YMMV but I felt dirty about myself paying for early access Friday night. But I played the game all weekend and wasn't displeased about my decision by Sunday night. Will be playing again if the plebs don't crash the servers.

Xeras posted:

Game owns. If you manage to drag friends in it’s even better in a group

god drat it. gently caress.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

McLarenF1 posted:

Penetrating shot rogue was great for leveling, but not powerful enough for the end game since enemies have much more health so those string of darkness explosions were much more rare. Tried out death trap rouge which was great for group play and still very viable despite the nerf but the skill ceiling was high (read I can't seem to get gud) and it was a glass cannon so I was dying frequently. So I respecced my whole build for the second time after hitting 50 to a poison flurry rouge since I had most of the equipment and aspects in my stash including 2 of 3 possible healing methods and it's much better suited to my skill level and more casual preferred play style that's less heavily dependent on positioning. Now I just need the one unique to really crank the damage up, but plenty of other min/max stuff to do in the meantime.

Yeah I'm in the 40s and Poison Flurry is really fun even though I only have some of the pieces. Survivability is stupid hood with all the leech. Energy regen is typically my bottleneck with big packs of normal monsters, but the rogue aspect that gives energy when you hit an elite lets me just stand in one spot and chainsaw bosses.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

MikeC posted:

Incidentally I didn't feel bad for paying up and was displeased with my decision to do so, especially with the "55 minute ETA" queue too (although that was only once and for less than 30 minutes - I went AFK). It was an extremely ClownApplyingMakeup.jpg kinda moment.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Black Griffon posted:

so is the game good

It's good with drawbacks.

Most of the skills are fun and addictive, but the talent trees are full of +damage modifiers.

The story is good for a Diablo, but every side-quest to collect bear butts wants to be a big epic tale of corruption and betrayal.

And it's a great big map to explore with unique feeling biomes and hidden secrets, but zones are spaced out for horse travel, which is withheld until the back half of the campaign.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

acumen posted:

Is there any point to the blue(magic) glyphs? Seems like you only have room on the paragon boards for a handful and I already appear to own almost all the yellow(rare) ones. Or is it just typical diablo lootflation stuff?

theres def some situations i think using magic glyphs are going to be worth it over a rare. a san example i want to stack overpower damage, the magic glyph that gives % to overpower damage for nearby willpower nodes is probably going to slot in somewhere and do more for me than some of the rare options

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, got multiple legendaries that increase all my minions, so I can swap item slots or go max melee skeles or max ranged mages.

Annnnd I just got legendary boots that let my mages occasionally cast blizzards. My screen is corpse explosions and blizzards everywhere.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Fattest PI posted:

I don't know if I specced right, my druid werebear either slaps enemies with his little mittens for negligible damage, or explodes entire monster packs. I gotta sit there and wail on a single stupid little skeleton for like 10 seconds.
Luckily there's no downside really to just running away or past monsters, so I just find another pack to trample into and overpower bearsmash

The fextralife guy has two nice videos on pulverize werebear

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

so is the game good

Surprisingly: yes

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if druid isnt doing it for me, whats a good other class that people are enjoyin. im leaning sorc right now!

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

BabelFish posted:

It feels like there's something wrong, either with sorc or rogue. I'm barely able to keep up a couple thousand damage ticks as a firewall sorc, meanwhile I see rogues with similar gear doing multiple tens of thousands of damage instantly and just blowing up entire rooms.

Yeah man I beat the game and tried out a few different sorc builds (ice shards, chain lightning, firewall, a blizz/meteor thing) and they were all varying levels of "ok" the whole time leveling etc. Bosses took a while but I figured that was the game.

A level 20 rogue I made in a half an hour does more damage than my ice shards at 55, it's nuts and rooms just melt. You don't even need to stop sprinting.

And what the hell kind of diablo game is this you don't even fight diablo? Some Kerrigan lookin bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

queeb posted:

if druid isnt doing it for me, whats a good other class that people are enjoyin. im leaning sorc right now!

Necro.