Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Biplane posted:

One time while on acid I went to the store to buy candy and the guy in front of me in line was changing some money, but the cashier had run out of a certain denomination coin. And they both simultaneously turn to me and ask if I have x amount of x coin on me and could we possibly do this convoluted three person change maneouver? I had to just leave my candy on the counter and get the gently caress out of there. My heart starts racing every time I think about it lmao.

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sorry for the derail :shobon:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1665822096893542401?s=20

red19fire
May 26, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

type of person who will use this in public:

That has to be the most motion sickness-inducing experience I can imagine :barf:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

How much cheaper would it be if it didn't project a completely useless video of my eyes on the outside of the device?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you've never seen anything like this before!

~vr/ar hype video that is indistinguishable from every other vr/ar hype video from the last ten years~

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Biplane posted:

One time while on acid I went to the store to buy candy and the guy in front of me in line was changing some money, but the cashier had run out of a certain denomination coin. And they both simultaneously turn to me and ask if I have x amount of x coin on me and could we possibly do this convoluted three person change maneouver? I had to just leave my candy on the counter and get the gently caress out of there. My heart starts racing every time I think about it lmao.

lmao

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Biplane posted:

hahaha

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Biplane posted:

this is perfect and very relateabel lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I did a shitload the night Trump was elected and my brain went BAD MUST PURGE and I spent the 30mins after his win hunched over the toilet puking.

HOWEVER the worst experience was trying to order a sandwich from Subway. I have tripped thousands of times on dozens of different substances and can mostly handle my poo poo real well. Something about asking someone to make me a lovely sandwich and then choosing what to put on it broke me. "What would you like?" sent me into hardcore decision paralysis so I just stared at them confused. I gave myself a little pep talk in my mind (hopefully lol) and went for it. I ordered sauce first, veggies second, followed by cheese and meat. A sandwich is just a pile of stuff so you should start at the top right? I COMPLETELY FORGOT BREAD. They asked what bread I wanted and I just kinda stared at them for what felt like an eternity as my brain went "wtf is bread? is that even a word?" I checked the menu and sure enough it was! I chose the top one because this was already way too difficult. The bread triggered the part of my brain that knows how Subway works, put ??? on there in the correct order, got home and realized I didn't really want a sandwich.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SardonicTyrant posted:

They have that, it's called estrogen.

Fun fact: estrogen does not directly improve human cognition, but instead supports a symbiotic relationship with Soccus felis, which is the real driver of increased programming performance.

Pictured below are juvenile, adolescent, and mature forms.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Fun fact: estrogen does not directly improve human cognition, but instead supports a symbiotic relationship with Soccus felis, which is the real driver of increased programming performance.

Pictured below are juvenile, adolescent, and mature forms.

Someone needs to make a complete outfit from just those socks and put it on like Paul did in Children of Dune when he covered his body in baby sandworms.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Desert Bus posted:

Someone needs to make a complete outfit from just those socks and put it on like Paul did in Children of Dune when he covered his body in baby sandworms.

well yeah that's the Royal Trans outfit, you need to be a Angel Tabris level to wear it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Desert Bus posted:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Amazing.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

jesus christ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

endocriminologist posted:

The first time I did acid my landlord came in and stared at me drawing w crayons jn my underwear for a while then quietly left

lmao.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I am now a clone of duncan idaho trying to kill it

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grognan posted:

I am now a clone of duncan idaho

So's everyone else, buddy.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:3:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

noice

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

this is of course one of the biggest reasons tech companies are trying to normalize VR headsets in public

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1665858589322362885

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

So's everyone else, buddy.

Being Duncan Idaho

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

this is of course one of the biggest reasons tech companies are trying to normalize VR headsets in public

stupid assholes are the biggest reason you are correct

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jeff Goldblum's impassioned speech about technolgoy in Jurassic Park resonates more and more as I get older

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

feedmyleg posted:

technolgoy

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

webcams for christ posted:

This will definitely be used for good, and not to make skinner boxes as addictive as possible :dumb:

quote:

Other tricks to infer cognitive state involved quickly flashing visuals or sounds to a user in ways they may not perceive, and then measuring their reaction to it.

Another patent goes into details about using machine learning and signals from the body and brain to predict how focused, or relaxed you are, or how well you are learning. And then updating virtual environments to enhance those states. So, imagine an adaptive immersive environment that helps you learn, or work, or relax by changing what you’re seeing and hearing in the background.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I took an attention psychology course in university as an undergrad and the professor told us about the baseball legend Dock Ellis, who dropped lsd and threw a no hitter game. I decided to drop acid an hour before the final exam in that course to emulate the same success and ended up with a 100% score.

Edit: the moment I saw the power cord tethered to the Apple VR goggles I knew it was going to be dogshit.

Entorwellian has issued a correction as of 03:06 on Jun 7, 2023

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i am terrified of apple's dumb goggles because of a crypto guy's posts that i am taking seriously. we should all be scared.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

but can you wear them in the shower?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

Jeff Goldblum's impassioned speech about technolgoy in Jurassic Park resonates more and more as I get older

ian malcolm did nothing wrong

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

quote:

So, imagine an adaptive immersive environment that helps you learn, or work, or relax by changing what you’re seeing and hearing in the background.

BRB, writing a short story about AR goggles editing out the sight and sound of the wearer's spose leaving them so they don't get distracted from their spreadsheet.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol that this video is seven years old and only gets more relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That rules.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
lotta MKULTRA success stories itt