Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/GaryGensler/status/1666058728251043840?t=3K4Pu_G1wF2GY8rNY3iGTA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Orange Devil posted:

It's still insane to me that nobody shot any judges and/or bank execs over this poo poo.

Americans will just let people steal their goddamn house.

I feel like I remember a few stories of evicting landlords being shot.

But pretty sure if my house is getting foreclosed on I have bigger, more immediate fish to fry (like uh, where do I go) than trying to figure out where the judge that signed the order lives or whether I should be shooting the exec at the bank that services the loan or the one that holds the debt.

Chad Sexington has issued a correction as of 14:17 on Jun 6, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1666064429916536834?t=XxCclgJ4YYDVa3q86SczLQ&s=19

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think Bitcoin should be down to 0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

reddit delenda est

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1666066259509690369?t=rNQY5i8ETP_hgLVBiTYzDg&s=19

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wow four years, that’s some rapid enforcement action

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

ArmZ posted:

reddit delenda est

The api changes will be defended as "A Very Difficult Decision"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chad Sexington posted:

I feel like I remember a few stories of evicting landlords being shot.

But pretty sure if my house is getting foreclosed on I have bigger, there would be more immediate fish to fry (like uh, where do I go) than trying to figure out where the judge that signed the order lives or whether I should be shooting the exec at the bank that services the loan or the one that holds the debt.

There was a guy that decapitated his landlord with a katana a few years ago

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Jel Shaker posted:

wow four years, that’s some rapid enforcement action

Finding good bag holders takes time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao at Bloomberg radio ignoring the SEC stuff in regards to Binance and Coinbase and only talking about Apple.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at Bloomberg radio ignoring the SEC stuff in regards to Binance and Coinbase and only talking about Apple.

this is bi erasure

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ArmZ posted:

reddit delenda est

but where else can i get a trillion awards and upvotes if i can't post china bad in this CCP-owned messageboard

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Does this article promote any certain headphones? I might be in the market.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Beached Whale posted:

Scamming people isn't the problem, the US government just has to get their cut

peak succinct

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
binance-y pelosi

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

It's still insane to me that nobody shot any judges and/or bank execs over this poo poo.

Americans will just let people steal their goddamn house.

i think americans just do a "having a bad day shooting", where they shoot up their workplace/school, murder-suicide their friends/family or 'accidentally shoot themselves cleaning their gun'.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1595059806200643589?t=NrtCVT2y68YZ3XyVurQRFQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1666073861480128512?t=42BOYyr1xjPrnpadluqEnA&s=19

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1666074915957616642?t=G1_ieAs3PsSyun9blmzC-Q&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/tracyalloway/status/1666071731524579330?t=hdjqrQODORZEJlmzZJHC1g&s=19

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

If somebody was stupid enough to run a country in such a way where I was allowed to own an assault rifle and the bank was allowed to steal my and my neighbours' houses, some poo poo would go down.

The Battle of Blair Mountain started over some Pinkertons evicting women and children from company housing. They were shot over it.

A century later and people don't even notice when their neighbors get evicted, society is thoroughly atomized. In modern America when your neighbors fall on hard times they just quietly leave your artificial suburban community and cease to exist.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

binance-y pelosi

SEC zone

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Why can't this horseshit die for good?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Coinbase is now down 20%

Lmao at Cramer calling for a bank run on binance

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

the main use case i can imagine for VR and AR is military which is infinity money so why even waste time trying to market it to the public?

the mil already has this stuff there was a video of a helicopter mechanic with some ar glasses that let you see all the wires and poo poo inside the paneling

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Why can't this horseshit die for good?

Binance and coinbase going down will be a big step in that direction but i have a feeling the internet will be cursed with crypto until it stops exisiting

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

anyone skilled enough will just have this “3d vision” in their head already, although i can see it as a tool to increase precarity among skilled mechanics

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Binance and coinbase going down will be a big step in that direction but i have a feeling the internet will be cursed with crypto until it stops exisiting

Well, given that big corporations like Twitter, Google and Facebook are actively trying to squeeze out/monetize what's left of the open internet, we may not have to wait too much longer.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I just want an AR contact lens that'll show me stats like I was in a video game and is that to much to ask?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah BTC will always be worth more than $0.01 as long as the internet exists (or even a private network capable of running / maintaining the ledger).

it has genuine utility for crime which is also not going away

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Desperate wine aunt spending most of her working day asking young women to take out their air pods...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao Jim
https://twitter.com/SquawkStreet/status/1666085984214323200?t=cfABiLeZY2vdNRtDeWRpPQ&s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you'd think a company operating illegally as its core business model would be removed from the stock exchange but

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Thoguh posted:

I just want an AR contact lens that'll show me stats like I was in a video game and is that to much to ask?

health: declining
money: negative and going lower
food: 0.5

*music intensifies*

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rip Testes posted:

Does this article promote any certain headphones? I might be in the market.

if you're up for earbuds, I would recommend the Beats Studio Buds Plus. Active Noise Cancellation, USB-C charging (not lightning port), great sound quality, 36 hour battery life

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you'd think a company operating illegally as its core business model would be removed from the stock exchange but

Yeah but if you remove Wells Fargo that would look really bad.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you're up for earbuds, I would recommend the Beats Studio Buds Plus. Active Noise Cancellation, USB-C charging (not lightning port), great sound quality, 36 hour battery life

trying to workshop an "active goys cancellation" joke but not succeeding

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

You've described most tech companies

edit: and banks lol

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1666082865640255488

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

laws are fake