Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hellioning posted:

The elites are pulled from a pool of possible options, so it's possible you just got unlucky.

Got the lightning horse twice in two runs. I managed to complete it the second try. Level 50, team of Fireblazer, March, Nat and Jing Yuan. Did the path of Preservation. Managed to kill Svarog with only Nat left standing and it was loving close, but I didn't even start to take damage until phase 3. I really feel like there's something to this team.

Ibblebibble posted:

Abundance is the SU5 easy mode path but it's more for Kafka herself rather than any of the midbosses.

I don't have Abundance unlocked yet. It's the only one I'm missing. Also SU 4, not 5. I'm not at the right equilibrium yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ah, SU4's kinda a whatever-goes I find, my first time clear was Destruction with Serval/Dan Heng/Tingyun/Natasha.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Hunt's probably the simplest for SU4, since you can just Resonance to immediately kill the adds and get your meter back to do it again.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I haven't done Hunt yet but my world 3 run had almost as many Hunt blessings as Preservation. It was great. I think I need to start doing runs of the first 2 worlds to get a handle on the different paths. I just unlocked Nihility too and that looks like a great time for a Sampo and Welt team.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I never play Elation, so I didn't realize the names of its Blessings are all riffing on the names of works of fiction, mostly dark comedies. The three-star ones are all Kurt Vonnegut, and then there's Mostly Harmless, Clockwork Orange and Dr. Strangelove, among others.

There's a few I'm not sure about, and at least one of them didn't survive into English: "Twenty-First Military Rule" is a reference to the Chinese title of Catch-22, so it should be "Catch-21". (As ever, the Japanese version got it right.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Translation is the hardest job because you need to be an expert in everything to catch every reference.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm sure not saying it's easy, but a mistake's a mistake.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just started playing yesterday and got bronya + tingyum on the same pull from my welcome rolls, that's p cool

e: i lied, that was actually. today i am suffering in success because i got an early 5 star from regular banner that ended up being a bronya dupe.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Honestly if you told me that the devs were a bunch of megaweebs who care a lot more about the accuracy of Japanese translations over English ones and provided the JP team with a lot more guidance and resources I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

just started playing yesterday and got bronya + tingyum on the same pull from my welcome rolls, that's p cool

e: i lied, that was actually. today i am suffering in success because i got an early 5 star from regular banner that ended up being a bronya dupe.

Bronya E1 is ridiculously good, at least.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Honestly if you told me that the devs were a bunch of megaweebs who care a lot more about the accuracy of Japanese translations over English ones and provided the JP team with a lot more guidance and resources I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

I mean... they are. miHoYo were literally founded by three computer science weebs from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, obsessed with anime, games and manga.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I know, just wasn't sure if it would affect whoever liaisons with the translation teams :v:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

FractalSandwich posted:

I never play Elation, so I didn't realize the names of its Blessings are all riffing on the names of works of fiction, mostly dark comedies. The three-star ones are all Kurt Vonnegut, and then there's Mostly Harmless, Clockwork Orange and Dr. Strangelove, among others.

There's a few I'm not sure about, and at least one of them didn't survive into English: "Twenty-First Military Rule" is a reference to the Chinese title of Catch-22, so it should be "Catch-21". (As ever, the Japanese version got it right.)

Gotta say, that's pretty hilarious. Nice catch.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

Bronya E1 is ridiculously good, at least.

Getting half her skill usages for free sounds really great.

I'm confused about where it says the power has a 1 turn cooldown. When they say "1 turn" or "3 turns" is that combat turns (like when the turn counter would click down in Halls) or is it player turns?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Araganzar posted:

I'm confused about where it says the power has a 1 turn cooldown. When they say "1 turn" or "3 turns" is that combat turns (like when the turn counter would click down in Halls) or is it player turns?
I think it's character turns, the same as buff timers. I don't have Bronya's E1 to test it, but it should just mean it never triggers on two uses in a row, regardless of her speed or anything else that advances her turn.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Araganzar posted:

Turn counter in halls is called Cycles, isn't it? Turns are player turns except Extra Actions on the part of Seele

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I have Seele, so I can afford to skip Silver Wolf. Both Luocha and Blade fill bigger needs for me.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

JT Jag posted:

I have Seele, so I can afford to skip Silver Wolf. Both Luocha and Blade fill bigger needs for me.

It's worth considering that Silver Wolf is an incredible enabler for Seele since she'll be able to apply Quantum weakness to things that don't have it and both of them benefit from it. A bunch of the pre-release evaluations for up coming characters highlight that Silver Wolf is good just in a vacuum but the people who really benefit are Seele-havers.

Luocha is useful if you do not yet have a 5-star healer since he can be targeted from a banner and Baiyu mostly cannot (I doubt anyone's gonna blow their 300-roll spark on her). I won't claim to understand your bench but Blade is ultimately a character that Hits Hard and is ultimately the most replaceable of the three.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I get seeing that they're both quantum and feeling like you have that covered, but they don't fill the same role since Seele is dps and Silver Wolf is support, so there isn't really much overlap. Jing Yuan and Kafka, on the other hand, are both lightning dps, so there really is overlap there.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Yeah as a Seele haver I’m going hard for Silver wolf. She should be a big enabler for her.

Edit: even moreso with the quantum set giving you even more damage for things weak against it.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTVPex-R6c

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I think people are way too hung up on trying to force element breaks on enemies, and having wide elemental coverage on their teams, when in most difficult encounters you can see what the weaknesses are so you can build around that anyway.

Silver Wolf is a top-tier support unit that provides incredible debuffs in defense shred, Res shred and applies element weakness to allow for you to more likely break enemies. So if you're skipping on SW solely because she happens to be quantum, you're making a mistake. There are valid reasons to skip SW- you don't have a second abundance and want to clear 5+ MoC, so you need luocha for example- but sharing an element with a unit you're already using regularly is not a good reason for it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm pulling for silver wolf because she looks cool

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

UHD posted:

:emptyquote:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean if you're going for Blade, gunning for Luocha over SW makes a ton of sense. Luocha has an insane amount of Blade synergy in his kit, the two are bros and are made to work together.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Meiteron posted:

It's worth considering that Silver Wolf is an incredible enabler for Seele since she'll be able to apply Quantum weakness to things that don't have it and both of them benefit from it. A bunch of the pre-release evaluations for up coming characters highlight that Silver Wolf is good just in a vacuum but the people who really benefit are Seele-havers.

Luocha is useful if you do not yet have a 5-star healer since he can be targeted from a banner and Baiyu mostly cannot (I doubt anyone's gonna blow their 300-roll spark on her). I won't claim to understand your bench but Blade is ultimately a character that Hits Hard and is ultimately the most replaceable of the three.
I just need some decent body to slap my superimposition 2 Something Irreplaceable on, and I don't have Clara but Blade and his self-heal stuff seems like the next-best person for it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

UHD posted:

Kafka is cooler than Silver Wolf, but Silver Wolf seems funner to build a team around...

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If you get Kafka or Silver Wolf and you don't get the other, you're a criminal.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

Kafka is cooler than Silver Wolf, but Silver Wolf seems funner to build a team around...

Bold of you to assume I don't want both

E: one day I'll get Bailu and then I'll have tri-thunder-plus-SW (Serval/Kafka/Bailu/SW) and will laugh all the way to the bank

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i can't get both without luck i never have or spending money (lol) so i'm picking silver wolf

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Silver Wolf looks like a cool character that will be fun to play with. Loucha looks like the singer of an 80s Christian rock band. Like being the frontman to a White Lion cover band didn't work out so now he's a space coffin delivery guy to pay the bills or some poo poo.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I hope that Luocha has a text chain where the trailblazer is just constantly saying "Whats in the box?!?"

Am I right that the patch is from ~6pm-11pm tonight Eastern US time and sometimes comes back early?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bagrada posted:

I hope that Luocha has a text chain where the trailblazer is just constantly saying "Whats in the box?!?"

Am I right that the patch is from ~6pm-11pm tonight Eastern US time and sometimes comes back early?

Unsure about coming back up early, but yeah, it's 6-11 PM Eastern. Since we're -4 right now and the timings they give are in +8, it's a pretty easy "turn the AM to PM" conversion. :v:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Gonna build a full team of tingyun, bronya, silver wolf, seele. Someone's going to explode, it's just a question of who

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Team's probably going to be Seele/SW/Bronya/Gepard. Team 2 until Kafka will be Sushang/TY/Bailu/Pela

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm jealous of the Bronya havers, but like hell am I using my 300 gift on a cop when the Herrscher of Reason is right there.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Garrand posted:

Gonna build a full team of tingyun, bronya, silver wolf, seele. Someone's going to explode, it's just a question of who

tingyun

the enemy loves hitting her first

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Meowywitch posted:

I completely forgot Yanqing was in the game because I don't have him and also not a single one of the like 40 people on my friends list has him set as a support Lol

People don't put him up as a support because he requires specific synergies most people don't have in their day-to-day team (Gepard or FMC+M7). If his health bar moves his entire kit turns off since your entire goal is basically to get into a turn where you can Ult+E with passive up.

I have Seele and the Welt light cone from prior 75/25 loss so I am contractually obligated to go for Silver Wolf, plus half my MoC teams already used Pela. Hopefully her Auto-AI isn't terrible like Tingyun.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm pulling for Silver Wolf, Kafka, Blade and Luocha so I can have a villainous (?) team because it sounds cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Bold of you to assume I don't want both

E: one day I'll get Bailu and then I'll have tri-thunder-plus-SW (Serval/Kafka/Bailu/SW) and will laugh all the way to the bank

What does tri thunder give you? I can put together a team of Serval, Tingyun, Arvan and Jing Yuan for all the good it will do me.