Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I always have trouble wrapping my head around Move decks. I get how the cards work together, but I'm not great at setting up big combos, and I'm hopeless at preventing my opponents from making them.

I'm also lacking Human Torch, apparently. This is gonna be a tough month, meta-wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Yeah I'm also bad at piloting move decks effectively and desperately wishing I had kingpin. Does he trigger if you drop him on 6 and don't have priority or does he have to be revealed to work? I also don't have spiderman though at least the season pass will give me a variant so my control options for combatting move decks are p limited.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Main things with a move deck are Kraven and Hulk Buster, then it's just making sure you have cards that can move things and cards that benefit from moving.

Torch is great but he's also a 1 cost card that gets over 9 power pretty easily so he's massively vulnerable. Nice to have but don't bet the farm on him or you're going to see a T6 Killmonger

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I only have a few Series 3 cards left to collect and Miles Morales is one of them.

Really hoping the game doesn't waste a cache giving me him before I get the variant at rank 18.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Marx Headroom posted:

Excuse me. I am not a bot!
I'm talking hybrid Move/Destroy/Cerebro/Discard. It feels like a pity bot, but I saw the exact same deck several times in my climb.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah I'm also bad at piloting move decks effectively and desperately wishing I had kingpin. Does he trigger if you drop him on 6 and don't have priority or does he have to be revealed to work?

He has to be revealed. But even then, if you drop him on like T3 or T4, there's a good chance a move deck will just retreat anyway rather tan to to maneuver around him, especially if you can get him on the middle lane.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Umbra Dubium posted:

I only have a few Series 3 cards left to collect and Miles Morales is one of them.

Really hoping the game doesn't waste a cache giving me him before I get the variant at rank 18.

Just don't open caches until you hit 18?

e: actually it doesn't matter because even if you have the season pass variant you'll still have to open the base card out of a cache (or season freebie shop).

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 6, 2023

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

He has to be revealed. But even then, if you drop him on like T3 or T4, there's a good chance a move deck will just retreat anyway rather tan to to maneuver around him, especially if you can get him on the middle lane.

I mean I'd take a retreat over having no answers at all outside of prof x. Even Cosmo seems pretty bad up against the spideyfam.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ooooh I hope they make Galactus unplayable :)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Salt bae sandman variant is pretty funny, if only sandman wasn't completely gutted and made obsolete by wave

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Sandman is still a decent card though?

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

I climbed from 93 to infinite in about two hours but I think the MMR reset did something weird to me since I played at least 75% bots last night. Super weird non-meta decks and Agatha-level bizarre misplays. At least two of them snapped on 6 when they were behind on two lanes and then played nothing to give me 8 cubes.

I had the exact same experience the other night to get my first infinite, down to bots snapping while losing and playing nothing on turn 6.

I thiught it might be some end-of-season thing to make players feel good about cruising over the finish line at the last minute.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

crestfallen posted:

Wave is strictly better unless you're playing a deck that can cheat Sandman out early. Jeff can beat Sandman but can't beat Wave.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Oh poo poo you can play Jeff as a second card through sandman?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I posted this to the goon Discord but sharing here too (yes the deck name is about getting high)

This worked amazingly with all of the Bounce and Sera Control out there. High Evolutionary lane control + Wave is a tough to beat combo, tons of greedy players who hold back a huge T6 for a big cube swing and get smashed.

Especially Storm on 3, Spider-Man on 4, Wave on 5 can keep the opponent on their back foot for the second half of the game.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sure can! Nothing can stop Jeff from being played!

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yup! You can also play Jeff as a second card through Electro and on Space Throne.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

New Leaf posted:

How some of you climb so easily astounds me.. Even getting punted down to 33 I struggled to get any ground.

Same deck as last season:

Nebula
Sunspot
Titania
Quinjet
Armor
Mojo
Mysterio
Hit-Monkey
Green Goblin
Moon Girl
She-Hulk
America Chavez

Play Nebula/Sunspot as soon as you can, protect them with Armor if possible. (All in 1 lane, no use taking risks.) Add Quinjet and Mojo if you can (don't fill up the lane yet though, always keep something open until last turn), and/or Green Goblin.
Moon Girl on 4, pass on 5.
Put down massive power on 6 with double She-Hulk and/or Mysterio & Hit-Monkey, Titania, maybe Mojo if you didn't play him yet.

Snap before you play Moon Girl on 4, but only if that will double She-Hulk and there's no funny business on the board going on.

You'll probably be behind on turn 4/5, so bots will snap you. Learn to recognize this because then you countersnap and take an easy 8 cubes.

Retreat if you get snapped and a) you don't have your key cards (=Moon Girl and She-Hulk), or b) you see the opponent play scary poo poo like some discard cards and Invisible Woman, or a Galactus deck and you can't counter it (need to calculate sometimes), stuff like that.

I played Shuri for months and this deck is honestly much easier to win cubes with.

(Oh yeah: there's always exceptions, but you basically never play Chavez.)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He's Jeff! He can do anything! Play him as the second card on the Space Throne, or the first card on Morag, he doesn't care!

uXs fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 6, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

crestfallen posted:

I only really play him now and then to level him and/or try him out in a weird deck idea. He's just not worth it unless you can knock his cost down.

He might work well in a deck with Bast and Valkyrie.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Devo posted:

Sure can! Nothing can stop Jeff from being played!

I guess I assumed it was just locational based from the card text. Not very obvious that restrictions to playing from hand also don't apply. He still can't squeeze in as a 5th card in a lane though?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I guess I assumed it was just locational based from the card text. Not very obvious that restrictions to playing from hand also don't apply. He still can't squeeze in as a 5th card in a lane though?

Nah, that's a hard coded maximum unfortunately. Would be pretty funny though.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Is Jeff particularly badass in the comics?

They need a squirrel girl reprint like that. Something kind of low key but also ridiculously powerful.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xguard86 posted:

Well, he did eat the Infinity Gauntlet.

(He also stole Cap's shield to use as a snowboard, but that's just cool rather than badass.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xguard86 posted:

They need a squirrel girl reprint like that. Something kind of low key but also ridiculously powerful.

Does this help?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Speaking of Jeff, I guess I just need to drop the 6k tokens. I thought for sure he'd be 3k after the patch this month but welllllllllllp. I was hoping to spend 9k tokens on Jeff and the two straight to series 4 cards this month.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I started at 83 but got pixel Domino so what’s the point? Also I’m coming around on the baby variants. A lot of them have a Bill Watterson Calvin and Hobbes style that I like. Chibi variants are weird though.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
From the official discord:

This loving sucks, and I hope they get yelled at enough to actually drop some drat cards.

e: started at 88 and got up to 90 before I even unlocked the season rank rewards, lol

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

So as someone who doesn’t play move decks or has had next to no experience playing against them, someone set me straight. I’ve been enjoying lockdown decks last season, among others, and just was shown the hard way Stormed lanes don’t hinder movement. I know Xaviered lanes do. What about Spidermanned lanes? I know they prohibit played cards there the following turn, but what about movement?

What archetypes fare best vs movement decks?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Saw this happen for the first time today with Jeff + Electro, turned out to be a Galactus deck

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man does not prohibit movement into the lane.

Most cards that move other cards are On Reveal so Cosmo will help. Kingpin will help at the end.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

uXs posted:

Nebula
Sunspot
Titania
Quinjet
Armor
Mojo
Mysterio
Hit-Monkey
Green Goblin
Moon Girl
She-Hulk
America Chavez

Play Nebula/Sunspot as soon as you can, protect them with Armor if possible. (All in 1 lane, no use taking risks.) Add Quinjet and Mojo if you can (don't fill up the lane yet though, always keep something open until last turn), and/or Green Goblin.
Moon Girl on 4, pass on 5.
Put down massive power on 6 with double She-Hulk and/or Mysterio & Hit-Monkey, Titania, maybe Mojo if you didn't play him yet.

Snap before you play Moon Girl on 4, but only if that will double She-Hulk and there's no funny business on the board going on.

You'll probably be behind on turn 4/5, so bots will snap you. Learn to recognize this because then you countersnap and take an easy 8 cubes.

Retreat if you get snapped and a) you don't have your key cards (=Moon Girl and She-Hulk), or b) you see the opponent play scary poo poo like some discard cards and Invisible Woman, or a Galactus deck and you can't counter it (need to calculate sometimes), stuff like that.

I played Shuri for months and this deck is honestly much easier to win cubes with.

(Oh yeah: there's always exceptions, but you basically never play Chavez.)

He's Jeff! He can do anything! Play him as the second card on the Space Throne, or the first card on Morag, he doesn't care!

I'm not great with Titania, but I actually like this, thanks. I'm trying out that HE Control deck from earlier but played a few games of this and won some cubes so it seems like something I could run with.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Devo posted:

Nah, that's a hard coded maximum unfortunately. Would be pretty funny though.

lack of energy should also not stop Jeff! from being played, imo. that's what the text says!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

what the absolute hell are those series drops. Only the completely absolutely useless cards dropped while even the battle pass cards from previous seasons haven't been touched.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The devs are running out of benefit of the doubt, certainly.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Yeah the changes to series drops are a bummer. I mean I get it in the sense that there needs to be some treadmill for s3-complete players to stay engaged with and also capitalism but drat. If they gently caress it up bad enough then the player pop will dwindle such that even the apologists won't have people to play against.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Checked back into the thread because I saw how they hosed up ranking this month. It's pretty loving funny.

Also those series drops are absolute rear end. The sudden change to their series drops last month are a big part of why I decided to stop playing. I'd be pretty pissed if I had spent any money the last two seasons.

Ellaybee posted:

So as someone who doesn’t play move decks or has had next to no experience playing against them, someone set me straight. I’ve been enjoying lockdown decks last season, among others, and just was shown the hard way Stormed lanes don’t hinder movement. I know Xaviered lanes do. What about Spidermanned lanes? I know they prohibit played cards there the following turn, but what about movement?

What archetypes fare best vs movement decks?

Galactus, Wave ramp and just big stats in general are pretty good against move. Also as unpredictable as move can be it's also pretty predictable since you can see where Cloak lands, and Iron Fist and Heimdall only go one way but this season might make move good the way the last two worked for Bounce.

Kingpin and Magneto are pretty good series 3 cards against move, and Cosmo and Professor X can shut it down hard.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

uXs posted:

Nebula
Sunspot
Titania
Quinjet
Armor
Mojo
Mysterio
Hit-Monkey
Green Goblin
Moon Girl
She-Hulk
America Chavez

Deck slaps.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kalman posted:

Deck slaps.

I don't have gobbo but bishop is ok in his place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bishop almost makes more sense, he benefits from all the Mysterio clones.