Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

There were supposed to be 2 expansions to d3 and they shitcanned the second one and just put out the necro class by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like to game this video game

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Atoramos posted:

Pretty sure Pulverize is the top performing build but it also leverages Earth spells by way of a unique helm. I'm playing that trample build and yes it's strong and fun but since I also use an aspect that puts cool down on Earthshock there's some points I literally can't cast a thing

You don't need the unique helm to make it work, but you 100% need the shockwave aspect, the helm just makes it so you don't turn into a human all the time and lose a bunch of durability. I ran it from like 50-58, but I only got 1 shockwave aspect and you have to put it on your weapon and my weapon just desperately needed to be upgraded, so I swapped to landslide since I somehow have a couple sets of the aspects for it. Anyway, glad to be back in it now with a fresh 750 weapon, though I'll probably end up in landslide again once I get an ancestral weapon.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Substandard posted:

There were supposed to be 2 expansions to d3 and they shitcanned the second one and just put out the necro class by itself.

Battle passes pretty much ensure this game is going to get tons more support than 3 ever did. They're going to milk the poo poo out of this game, don't worry.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Substandard posted:

I think they added a new zone or two, isn't there like some weird werewolf poo poo.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It sounds like battle pass is pointless if you just want to play the game and don't care about cosmetics.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's the deal with the bug where you zone into a new map section, and teleporting to the end instantly?

Zoned into a cave and I was instantly at the end.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

External Organs posted:

I think they added a new zone or two, isn't there like some weird werewolf poo poo.

The new zones were apparently the small part of the followup expansion that got completed before it was shitcanned, so they just threw them in at some point with little context.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

What's the deal with the bug where you zone into a new map section, and teleporting to the end instantly?

Probably just lag.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

InventorOfTrees posted:

The new zones were apparently the small part of the followup expansion that got completed before it was shitcanned, so they just threw them in at some point with little context.

They were pretty neat looking areas :shrug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I actually looked at the store and lol at those prices.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Finally was on during a world boss spawn and it was actually pretty cool with leveled and gear characters. Avarice was the boss and he looked awesome. Too bad the loot sucked.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Infinitum posted:

game is lagging HARD rn

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SHISHKABOB posted:

Probably just lag.

Nah I'm talking like at the END of a huge long corridor, not just lag.

Part early in the campaign where you enter the mine, I was instantly at the door and had to walk all the way back through the mobs to trigger the next event.

It's weird. Has happened a couple of times now.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm just getting around to jumping through the hoops to put this on the steam deck.

What's a good build to play with a controller? right now on PC I'm running ranged builds that require a lot of aiming which seems less than ideal.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

zoux posted:

Thank you whales for funding the long life of this video game.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

zoux posted:

My entire contigent of arpg friends spend $500-$1000 on PoE yearly. Blizz could charge more for this poo poo if they wanted lmao

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why does my GPU go into overdrive when I'm at the armor vendor in Kyovashad?

I have a 60fps frame cap in game, so it's not the usual "we uncapped the framerate lol" prank devs like to pull ever so often.

How. Why. Just why.
It's the small animation of the vendor inside the window, isn't it?
Rendered at full 4k with raytracing and scaled down?
Full hairworks on the fur hat and coat?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 6, 2023

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

mcbexx posted:

I have a 60fps frame cap in game, so it's not the usual "we uncapped the framerate lol" prank devs like to pull ever so often.

How. Why. Just why.

anvil goes clank

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

My entire contigent of arpg friends spend $500-$1000 on PoE yearly. Blizz could charge more for this poo poo if they wanted lmao

Many of the skills look so bad that I can't believe they haven't made skill mtx yet. The armor stuff is weak af.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

mcbexx posted:

How. Why. Just why.

I've heard reports Nvidia reflex (which is enabled by default) is the culprit for this. It also does basically nothing so just turn it off anyways.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

It sounds like battle pass is pointless if you just want to play the game and don't care about cosmetics.

Yeah, the devs have been hammering this point and no one ever believes them.

The paid part of the battlepass is all cosmetics, the free part of the battle pass everyone gets automatically has all the power/stat boosts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After thinking about it , I think one of the expansions may follow neyrelle and Mephisto

Also stupid Loreguy sold his soul to the tree for info they find out two minutes later anyway lol. Idiot

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Substandard posted:

I got up to WT3 / level 51 with my Bone Spear necro, and he's pretty OK, but I jumped over to play a penetrating shot rogue up to 20ish and I think he just feels better to me for being basically the same line enemies up and snipe gameplay. The constant move speed buff on shroud of shadows is great.

Of course, on the rogue I skipped the campaign and have had 2 aspects equipped since like level 8, so that helps quite a bit.

Am I dumb and you can aspect any item - or did you just start getting rares that early? I rolled a fresh barb to play with a friend, and having aspects would be nice.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Had this drop last night. I'm pretty happy with it

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

DarkDobe posted:

Am I dumb and you can aspect any item - or did you just start getting rares that early? I rolled a fresh barb to play with a friend, and having aspects would be nice.

I just started the tree stuff from level 1 and the caches give yellows regardless of your level.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
decided to dive in last night and this morning, made it to 21ish in act 2. i can finally feel my bone spear / corpse explosion build coming online. was a bit rough before i had more corpse generators and pumped the essence from consumption skill but it feels good now. i forgot about reapers having a corpse generating option, that would have been really helpful. guess i'll just dump a ton of points into the bone crit% stuff but that feels super boring. i think i lucked into a build pretty similar to the one maxroll is selling for leveling.

was playing with bone mages to go with the theme but they seem annoying. will likely go back to cold.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Substandard posted:

I'm just getting around to jumping through the hoops to put this on the steam deck.

What's a good build to play with a controller? right now on PC I'm running ranged builds that require a lot of aiming which seems less than ideal.

I did the campaign on steam deck using pulverize Druid.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Substandard posted:

I just started the tree stuff from level 1 and the caches give yellows regardless of your level.

Oh poo poo i never thought of that! Thanks.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think the Tree of Whispers is super neat.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

v amusing to me that D4 makes my corsair keyboard+mouse illuminate p much all red upon launch; the level up effect was a nice touch too

having fun as a level 8 twisting blades rogue :)

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I PK’d a whole shitload of people and here’s some observations:
1. Rogues fuckin own. 2 charges of Shadowstep and 2 charges of dash means ur not getting away from me.
2. The bubble poo poo is dumb as hell in pvp
3. Frost nova is freakin OP and every single sorc is programmed to slam that poo poo as soon as they get hit.

Like 4:1 KD ratio. The pvp is actually super fun and fast / deathmatch-y. There’s honestly like 8 seconds of downtime maybe between dying and avenging your own death so it doesn’t even feel like griefing. So far everyone feels like they output insane amounts of damage compared to survivability.

Getting 10+ kills in a row and turning into a beacon of “come at me bro” is a goal, but I think it’d actually require a pvp build instead of just fuckin about.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Kaddish posted:

i love how it's weaved into both the lore/world and gameplay. it's really really neat

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
They could've put in more world events before launch, I started getting nothing but repeats before level 30

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Kaddish posted:

What's the difference from D3 bounties?

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

So any word on a cow level or what

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nerox posted:

I did the campaign on steam deck using pulverize Druid.

What settings were you able to play at?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Substandard posted:

Most direct damage builds work pretty well with controller, it will automatically target enemies so long as you vaguely aim in their direction. Things like corpse explosion will even use corpses near enemies rather than the one nearest to you. I just wouldn't try to do a predictive attack like Meteor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BurningBeard posted:

What's the difference from D3 bounties?

More lore

Available at launch

On 90min plus timers

Does not appear to have exclusive uniques from caches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Granstein posted:

Diablo has always been a little weird, because it never had the same cultural impact other blizzard games seem to have but -everyone- has played at least one of them. D3 sold 30mil copies, which puts it near the top ten best selling games of all time.

It’s one of those “beauty in simplicity” kinda games I think. At the end of the day all you really need to know is “kill demons, get loot, use that loot to kill bigger demons, get better loot”