Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Embarrassing to let Stone do anything

Someone should crosscheck him in the mouth one of these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Spitting Stonelets.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Stone’s linemates being Brett Howden and Chandler Stephenson is wild, Vegas is a magical place

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Stone’s linemates being Brett Howden and Chandler Stephenson is wild, Vegas is a magical place

For no reason whatsoever Chandler Stephenson joined Vegas and evolved from a 4th line swiss army type to a blazing fast top six playmaking centre. He's been second on the team two years in a row. Vegas is just a bizarre place.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

ThinkTank posted:

For no reason whatsoever Chandler Stephenson joined Vegas and evolved from a 4th line swiss army type to a blazing fast top six playmaking centre. He's been second on the team two years in a row. Vegas is just a bizarre place.

One would say they’re pretty open to gambling on players.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

He was on the Caps team that beat Vegas for the cup last time. Be kinda hilarious if he won the Cup again playing on the team he beat.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

Don't overlook playoff contributor Michael Amadio

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Furnaceface posted:

The hockey gods have been with the Panthers since game 1 of the first round propping up Bobrovsky like in that movie Angels in the Outfield.

A really impressive thing when you consider Alex Lyon started the first three games

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1665894572889874432

Should have rebuilt instead of trading for this guy.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Panthers as a franchise are now 0-6 in Stanley Cup Finals games. Hope Eichel is okay, and really hope the last few games are at least close. This series has been fun for the 60~ minutes or so it's been close.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Officially the best season in team history after the worst season in team history :cool:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Lessail posted:

Officially the best season in team history after the worst season in team history :cool:

That 2018 Game 5 wasnt that bad, tbh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pungry posted:

Panthers as a franchise are now 0-6 in Stanley Cup Finals games. Hope Eichel is okay, and really hope the last few games are at least close. This series has been fun for the 60~ minutes or so it's been close.

I had to laugh when he was all fine to start the 3rd period after all the penalties and screams that he’d been murdered by Chucky.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

v
g
k

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They're the better team, the more entertaining team

Give those boys the big metal bowl

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

same

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Very
Good
Kat-killers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Let's Go

https://twitter.com/Firebirds/status/1665942510525628417?t=U-lB4hk5qsx8t00-7Cnh1g&s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

As the guy who tried to warn you all Vegas would crush Florida quickly: lol, but also, this series is a long way from over. Losing the first 2 on the road is never insurmountable, Eichel is hurt, and the Panthers are the dirtiest team in the league and very capable of KOing another Knight or two as they win game 3. At which point the outlook is dramatically different from what it is now.

Prediction for game 3: lots of blatant runs at Hill.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Florida can certainly bounce back but Bob is probably toast.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

*Alex Lyon registers four consecutive shutouts*

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Eric the Mauve posted:

As the guy who tried to warn you all Vegas would crush Florida quickly: lol, but also, this series is a long way from over. Losing the first 2 on the road is never insurmountable, Eichel is hurt, and the Panthers are the dirtiest team in the league and very capable of KOing another Knight or two as they win game 3. At which point the outlook is dramatically different from what it is now.

Prediction for game 3: lots of blatant runs at Hill.

This.

It was nice to win two games up front, but I do not think anything now is a foregone conclusion. I think the odds are solid Florida will pick up one or maybe even both home games. I also suspect it's only going to get shittier regarding Florida's behavior.

That said, Florida seems to be playing worse the angrier they get.

Also Bob seems just done. He seems to be having problems tracking the puck wholesale that seems a little past just being screened. Last night he didn't even realize he had been scored on for several seconds afterwards.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If nothing else, the historical odds of winning a playoff series after going up 2-0 is 87%. I know this because the Canucks managed to masterfully buck those odds in the series that haunts my very existence.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Probably a bit less than that if you won the first two games at home. Winning the first two away and then losing the series, that's super rare.

e: or maybe it's about the same since if you have the first two at home that probably means you're the better team anyway, I don't know.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ThinkTank posted:

If nothing else, the historical odds of winning a playoff series after going up 2-0 is 87%. I know this because the Canucks managed to masterfully buck those odds in the series that haunts my very existence.

In the finals that goes up to around 90! :eng101:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Florida getting dirty and KOing Vegas players also assumes that Vegas won't decide to drop the gloves and get dirty themselves, and I have to imagine if Florida tries more blatant bullshit (going after Stone's back or Eichel's neck) they might find themselves getting hit back.

There's also the chance that Florida really fucks up and gets some of their own star players booted for a game or two like Dallas did, which would be some peak :laffo:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i’m big time rooting for Vegas now because Eichel is a prime candidate for the Conn Smythe and I want to read Lessail’s (and like Steve Simmons’s) nuclear “Eichel is a more complete/better player than McDavid” posts.

it’s been too long since PAS got ubertilted by the “Is Jonathan Toews the best player in the world?” takes. i need more

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nah, Karlsson's gonna win it.

There will still be nuclear hot takes, but different, fun nuclear takes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i’m big time rooting for Vegas now because Eichel is a prime candidate for the Conn Smythe and I want to read Lessail’s (and like Steve Simmons’s) nuclear “Eichel is a more complete/better player than McDavid” posts.

it’s been too long since PAS got ubertilted by the “Is Jonathan Toews the best player in the world?” takes. i need more

Eichel's experimental surgery was too successful and it should clearly be banned

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

A Paul Maurice coached team without fantastic goaltending is doomed.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
It really looked like Eichel's neck was loving done for, how is he still skating? Wasn't his operation considered risky because heavy impacts could break the implant or whatever? :stare:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that's not how i post at all :confused:

Hill is the super fun one, but Eichel is doing a lot. Marchessault keeps scoring, but I dunno if he's done enough without Eichel to truly get that consideration :abrathink:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

QuasiQuack posted:

It really looked like Eichel's neck was loving done for, how is he still skating? Wasn't his operation considered risky because heavy impacts could break the implant or whatever? :stare:

No the risk was it hasn't been done to an NHL player before. It had been proven to be resistant to impact in a few UFC fighters and rugby players getting it done with no ill effect, but it hadn't been shown to be effective in a North American pro sport setting. After Eichel got it a bunch of other players did too including Tyler Johnson and you don't hear talk about how their necks are at risk of snapping like spaghetti every shift. It really boiled down to the Sabres not wanting to pay the extra insurance costs, probably because they hadn't fully insured his $10m salary and they're penny pinchers.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I thought Letang had that surgery, or did he have the fusion that Eichel refused to get? Doesn't matter because Letang is fueled by hate and injuries mean nothing to him

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

There's also the chance that Florida really fucks up and gets some of their own star players booted for a game or two like Dallas did, which would be some peak :laffo:

I thought live that Chucky managed to do this last night until the replay showed Eichel toe pick into that hit. Wouldn’t surprise me if he managed to try again next game. Also won’t surprise me if someone goes after Barbashev again, but that didn’t work out so well for Gudas of all people.

I hate to say it, but Florida should try playing some hockey first and then hitting people second. They might actually score a few more.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Jhet posted:

I thought live that Chucky managed to do this last night until the replay showed Eichel toe pick into that hit. Wouldn’t surprise me if he managed to try again next game. Also won’t surprise me if someone goes after Barbashev again, but that didn’t work out so well for Gudas of all people.

I hate to say it, but Florida should try playing some hockey first and then hitting people second. They might actually score a few more.
ah I see the bloom is off the rose that is matthew Tkachuk

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mennoknight posted:

ah I see the bloom is off the rose that is matthew Tkachuk

He's always been a shithead to me. He's very good at being one. I am happy he's in the eastern conference now.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Tkachuk rules. He's maybe the most entertaining guy in the league.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tkachuk rules. He's maybe the most entertaining guy in the league.

He’s basically what if Brad Marchand but normal size.

E: and less licking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

kill me now posted:

He’s basically what if Brad Marchand but normal size.

E: and less licking

not no licking, but less