Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

wodin posted:

People don't put him up as a support because he requires specific synergies most people don't have in their day-to-day team (Gepard or FMC+M7). If his health bar moves his entire kit turns off since your entire goal is basically to get into a turn where you can Ult+E with passive up.

Opening a battle with bronya Ult, yanqing E and Ult, bronya E into yanqing E is the happy path, and it shreds things real nice, especially if you pop both bronya and yanqing's techniques before the fight. Bonus points for tingyun E+Ult on yanqing too, but I can't get away with that in any actual fights yet because that means dropping either FMC or a healer, since I don't have geopard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Need silver fox banner

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Oleg banner?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Which upcoming banner would be best to pull on for a bronya haver that only just started so I don't have a full pity stacked up yet?

I watched a couple vids on ppls opinions on silverwolf and it hilariously seems to ping pong all over the place in terms of how viable ppl think she is

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You'd probably want a strong damage dealer, so Blade maybe? But that's a while away. If you care about doing Memory of Chaos/Abyss people say a second healer is pretty much required to go in deeper so Luocha could be good with that in mind.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that's largely why i pull based on Rule of Cool. power comes and goes but style is forever.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

UHD posted:

that's largely why i pull based on Rule of Cool. power comes and goes but style is forever.

Yeah this. Also just work with what you get unless you want to whale.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

UHD posted:

Yeah pulling for your heart is the best move consistently imo. I just try and give advice based off power if they don't have any clear favorite.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Kafka will probably be a pretty decent DPS option and Serval should work pretty well with her (also Sampo, if you have pulled him/buy him from the store this month).

I’m looking forward to seeing the income reports that include The Woman’s banner, with how much the fanbase swoons over her I’m expecting truly ridiculous numbers.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Reminder to login if you can and burn your energy on something like SU relic tokens before the downtime. Should start like 1hr from now?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Having so far just blundered my way through the first two episodes of the game, what's a decent team comp I can build towards with the following:

Arlan
Asta
Bailu
Dan Heng
Herta
Hook
Match 7th
Natasha
Pela
Qingque
Sampo
Serval
Sushang
Trailblazer (both fire and physical)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

What does tri thunder give you? I can put together a team of Serval, Tingyun, Arvan and Jing Yuan for all the good it will do me.

Restricts SW's weakness injection to just Lightning or Quantum, and Serval/Kafka theoretically should work really well together. Bailu's just there to heal but not gently caress up the elemental spread. :shrug:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Having so far just blundered my way through the first two episodes of the game, what's a decent team comp I can build towards with the following:

Arlan
Asta
Bailu
Dan Heng
Herta
Hook
Match 7th
Natasha
Pela
Qingque
Sampo
Serval
Sushang
Trailblazer (both fire and physical)

fireblazer/nat or bailu/serval/sampo is good + easy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'll be pulling for SW because she's very cool and cute and seems to go well with the characters I use. I want Kafka but also kinda want Luocha because I want a second healer to beat the mirror levels so not sure if I'll be getting both of them. I've made it pretty far with a healer having team and double shield/tank team but I'd really like a second healer. Too many characters I want to level honestly, I love Serval but have left her behind due to getting JY while not trying to pull for him (a bad idea if you don't want a character). Hard for me to decide who to level since I'm just about to 50 TL. Will probably go with Seele, Nat, Silver Wolf, and either Dan or Hook for my main focus for now (Hook because I have 5 eidolons for her somehow and she's been pretty great). Will get either Fire MC or M7 up after what I'm assuming is going to be a pretty long grind to get 4 characters to 70.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

remember to save your free SU relic tokens for two weeks when the 'Double SU relic' rewards event is going on

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

GateOfD posted:

remember to save your free SU relic tokens for two weeks when the 'Double SU relic' rewards event is going on

Is there any confirmation that’s how it’s going to work? Hoyo seems very reticent to run stuff you can miss out on while you’re still active in the game

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
If it's like Genshin, there'll be a limit to how many times you can get double rewards per day during the event duration.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

GateOfD posted:

If they run it like they do leyline overflows in genshin, you can ONLY use energy itself, not tokens, and it will be a limited number of bonus rewards per day (3 for GI, who knows for SR).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leraika posted:

fireblazer/nat or bailu/serval/sampo is good + easy

That is my main team and I basically auto everything and have cleared everything but Memory of Chaos with it :v:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Silver Wolf looks cool but I dont like the boosted 4* at all :<

might unironicaly save for Kafka

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Who is ironically saving for Kafka? Also Asta dupes are probably good.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

asta is great and I hope I get her as close to e6 as possible on my way to silver wolf

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dumb question but does the named banners also have a chance to drop any chars? Like could I get a Seele from the SW banner?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

m.hache posted:

Dumb question but does the named banners also have a chance to drop any chars? Like could I get a Seele from the SW banner?

no, the only other character you could get would be from the Standard banner. All of the limited time banner characters are exclusive to that banner unless stated otherwise

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

m.hache posted:

na just the banner character itself, or standard banner stuff I think

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The only 'random' units you will ever get from a banner is the base cast (bailu, bronya, welt, himeko, yingyang, gepard, clara), the rotating special characters are all limited and will not be obtainable until they are rerun. gotta have that built in FOMO

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Gonna grab Silver Wolf this banner and Qingque dupes off the next one.

It Luocha shows up I'm not gonna say no.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Among upcoming banners, I'm interested in everyone but Kafka. I already have Jing Yuan, and I also don't really like the "smug character who is always one step ahead" archetype (also seen in Yae Miko in Genshin).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

with the way the pity system works i might as well just pull recklessly on every banner until i get something since i feel they'd all be somewhat good and useful. at least until my account coalesces more

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ytlaya posted:

Among upcoming banners, I'm interested in everyone but Kafka. I already have Jing Yuan, and I also don't really like the "smug character who is always one step ahead" archetype (also seen in Yae Miko in Genshin).

but she has dual uzis

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Right now I just want dupes for Quinque, Welt and Asta maybe? I know Tingyun is statistically better but I just like Asta. More dupes for Sushang would be good too.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Walla posted:

Right now I just want dupes for Quinque, Welt and Asta maybe? I know Tingyun is statistically better but I just like Asta. More dupes for Sushang would be good too.

Asta owns. she's got this weird gremlin-like personality that hides behind the facade of a mature, composed person

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

Asta owns. she's got this weird gremlin-like personality that hides behind the facade of a mature, composed person

Yeah, Asta is great. And I'm a sucker for multi hit/multi target characters. My favorites are Asta, Welt, Serval and Sampo and I have a really difficult time picking one.

I also really like Herta. Her follow ups make me laugh every time. I wish I could make her better.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Asta is great because she has her poo poo together in like 95% of scenarios but the other 5% she is literally 'how much can a banana cost, 10 dollars?' and the like.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, Serval is a pretty decent dps if you have some dupes. She ends up doing multi target for free so you can run her as a secondary and invest skills into your main.

Kyrosiris posted:

Restricts SW's weakness injection to just Lightning or Quantum, and Serval/Kafka theoretically should work really well together. Bailu's just there to heal but not gently caress up the elemental spread. :shrug:

Also this makes sense, thanks. I'm not really looking forward to any new characters because this is my first Honkai game so I don't know who anyone is or their deal outside of what the story tells me. If they look cool then I want them, like Jing Yuan. Silver Wolf hits my looks cool requirement but since I got the pity for Jing Yuan she'll probably be out of my reach.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep in mind, only some of the characters in this game are from impact. silver wolf and luocha are honkai refs but kafka's only featured in a stigmata (basically a lightcone) and doesnt have any story significance.

of the 1.0 roster, only welt, seele, bronya, yanqing, natasha, sushang, and himeko are from impact.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

err...so just about all of them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

err...so just about all of them?
idk how 7 characters out of 23 is 'all of them' but id love to see your math on that

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

feel like poo poo just wanna roll on SW tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ytlaya posted:

Kafka is a fun twist on the archetype because has no loving idea what's going on either, she's just blindly following what some other guy says. Just like, leaping blindly into the darkness with a smug grin.