Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Completely aside from her actual character, Kafka will be the first big enabler for running a DOT team outside SU. So maybe that's an incentive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If I ever get Bailu I'm going to try run a mono-lightning team just for kicks and see how it goes once Kafka comes out.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

drat the patcher is slow. I'm sitting at like 600KBPS when I normally hit ~30MBPS with Genshin's patcher. Service might actually be back up before this finishes, ffs.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Walla posted:

Right now I just want dupes for Quinque, Welt and Asta maybe? I know Tingyun is statistically better but I just like Asta. More dupes for Sushang would be good too.

Here's my CONTROVERSIAL HOT TAKE but I prefer Asta over Tingyun, with the caveat that I'm not into endgame yet (I easily breezed through FH13 but then FH14 completely wiped the floor on me). I do have more merges on Asta than Tingyun though, so maybe that's why. FWIW, Dreamy agrees with me (though she does have some very spicy takes, like making Herta work in MoC).

The buffs Tingyun brings are immediately apparent -- you buff a guy, and then you buff again and charge their ult, and spend the rest of your time feeding skillpoints to your team. But I think it's very easy to overlook speed buffs -- it doesn't feel as crunchy or immediately impactful. Asta is also more skillpoint hungry, in exchange for better single-target breaks I guess.

But as I was struggling to make 3* timers in FH, but then I swapped from Tingyun to Asta and ended up having an extra round or two to spare. I was solidly sold on Asta. I rolled on the JY banner specifically for Tingyun, but I don't even use her anymore.

I still personally believe people are sleeping on speed (and/or, slowing down enemies), but hard to tell. I could be the biased one here.

Tingyun does work miles better for Clara than Asta does, though, in multiple ways.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I also like the way Asta feels better than Tingyun, but it's hard to do the math.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Patch notes.

Actual event replay, goddamn.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Silver Wolf. Sil-ver Wolf.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

Here's my CONTROVERSIAL HOT TAKE but I prefer Asta over Tingyun, with the caveat that I'm not into endgame yet (I easily breezed through FH13 but then FH14 completely wiped the floor on me). I do have more merges on Asta than Tingyun though, so maybe that's why. FWIW, Dreamy agrees with me (though she does have some very spicy takes, like making Herta work in MoC).

The buffs Tingyun brings are immediately apparent -- you buff a guy, and then you buff again and charge their ult, and spend the rest of your time feeding skillpoints to your team. But I think it's very easy to overlook speed buffs -- it doesn't feel as crunchy or immediately impactful. Asta is also more skillpoint hungry, in exchange for better single-target breaks I guess.

But as I was struggling to make 3* timers in FH, but then I swapped from Tingyun to Asta and ended up having an extra round or two to spare. I was solidly sold on Asta. I rolled on the JY banner specifically for Tingyun, but I don't even use her anymore.

I still personally believe people are sleeping on speed (and/or, slowing down enemies), but hard to tell. I could be the biased one here.

Tingyun does work miles better for Clara than Asta does, though, in multiple ways.

I very much agree about the slowed enemies part. I've been using Welt more and his tech and ult are just disgusting for boosting your parties actions. Also Loop might as well be his personal lc and it's a common one.

I haven't been using Asta lately but I don't really use Tingyun either. Maybe I need to put Asta and Welt together. I don't have any great Harmony lcs though, but I do have the one that buffs the parties attack by 12% or so.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The thing I like about Welt is that you can interrupt the second turn for bosses that have two actions in a row with his ultimate. I feel like his a fixture in my party since I grabbed him from the beginner banner, and he was my first 5* from the standard banner too.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 7, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't know if this is actually a concern, but one theoretical problem with slowing effects in MoC is that unlike damage or speed, they don't actually help you kill things faster. Like, you get more relative actions than the enemy, but not compared to the Cycles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

Silver Wolf. Sil-ver Wolf.

killer instinct gold voice: SILVERWULF

FIGHT ON

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Silver Waifu

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ibblebibble posted:

Patch notes.

Actual event replay, goddamn.

Holy poo poo, something that Genshin players have been wanting for ages just gets thrown in without (presumably) any demand from the HSR player base

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf thats because we havent had a story event yet. once we'd had one or two people would definitely want that feature

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Shinji2015 posted:

Holy poo poo, something that Genshin players have been wanting for ages just gets thrown in without (presumably) any demand from the HSR player base

Given how the story quests vs events stuff bugs out in Genshin now, I'm picturing how bad it would be if you could have events clashing with eachother...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also it's probably way easier to program it in before you have a story event than to make it work retroactively in Genshin.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hrm, servers up in 12 minutes?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

welcome home silver wolf!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Got her in only 40! :woop:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Clarste posted:

I don't know if this is actually a concern, but one theoretical problem with slowing effects in MoC is that unlike damage or speed, they don't actually help you kill things faster. Like, you get more relative actions than the enemy, but not compared to the Cycles.

Yep, definitely. Which is why I view slowing effects as a defensive mechanic (and what prompted my post from a day or two ago). If you could slow them enough (and speed yourself up enough), would you be able to forego your tank/defensive support, and use that extra slot to speed up your kills further? (I mean sounds like the answer is no, but that was the idea.)

To a much lesser extent, it's also a skillpoint efficiency mechanic -- if you have any debuffs (or in the case of FireMC, taunt even) on the enemy, and you have extra turns before the enemies move, you can now spend those extra turns on your debuffers auto-ing and generating skillpoints instead. Or to put it another way, you're point-neutral with respect to party buffs because you just do the exact same rotation but faster, but you're skillpoint-positive when it comes to enemy debuffs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

No Silver Wolf but ????? Dan Heng e5

I guess I should level and use him

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

“weren’t you saving for blade” yes but I can have little a ten-roll as a treat

And now it’s dan heng time good lord dude

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
80 into losing the 50-50 really sucks.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Uhh, robot man banner when????

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Good news: the English databank entries that talk about star systems have been improved from saying "galaxies" to saying "star clusters".

This is still wrong, but at least they're getting closer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh my good lord all of Silver Wolf's voice lines are so snarky, I love her. :3:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well burned 12k and got Bailu and e5 Asta.... So yeah

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh boy you don't have to reset your team for each time you enter SU any more

thank god

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Caved and went for it instead of waiting for Luocha, got Bailu. So that's a pretty good result since I wanted a second healer anyways!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Good news: the English databank entries that talk about star systems have been improved from saying "galaxies" to saying "star clusters".

This is still wrong, but at least they're getting closer.

What even is the original text in Chinese anyway?

technolizard
May 19, 2013
I lost my 50/50 and got Clara. This is probably fair since I won the roll on both Seele and Jing Yuan...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Huzzah, won the 50/50 for SW and even got a few cons for serval and dan along the way. Now to accumulate tickets waiting for Kafka.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

got my SilverFox, but definitely gem poor now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

got silver wolf on first 10 pull but obviously I won't know how to use her.

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
New code for 50 jade

BSN2EWMHA4RP

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Forget Silver Dollar and Kefka or whatever when do I get my Screwllum banner?

Give me a dapper gentleman robot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Forget Silver Dollar and Kefka or whatever when do I get my Screwllum banner?

Give me a dapper gentleman robot.

He threatened to shut down the Simulated Universe so gently caress him. :colbert:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
marche screwllum did nothing wrong

Also: The story was pretty good. It was cute. It didn't overstay its welcome. I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

What even is the original text in Chinese anyway?
That specific word is 星系. I can only read enough Chinese to be dangerous, but as I understand it, that does mean "galaxy", but it can also be used more loosely or in compound words to refer to, I guess, any celestial body with other stuff orbiting it? Though I tried to verify that just now and couldn't really find any examples of it being used in the looser sense, at least with my skills.

They use the same two characters in the Japanese version, where it specifically has that broader sense and is never used to mean "galaxy" at all. So it could be that I got some bad intel and it's the Japanese version that's wrong, but it sure seems like that's what they meant from context, and in that case why did they change the English version to be wrong and leave the Japanese version as it was?

The English terms themselves are slightly confusing, because I think technically, a "star system" is supposed to be a system of two or more stars like a binary star, and what we call a "star system" in science fiction is really a "planetary system".

If there happen to be any passing Chinese astronomers who can clear this all up for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.