Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Beeftweeter posted:

doesn't zerohedge just make stuff up

Anything in all-caps from Zerohedge is sourced from Bloomberg breaking news headlines. Welcome to the thread, by the way, it's always nice to have new posters

Here's a CNBC source for the -7.5% China drop: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/asia-markets.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

doesn't zerohedge just make stuff up

Yes but they also copy/paste all-caps Bloomberg terminal stiff. The drop in Chinese exports is a real story, probably due to falling US demand.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1666192040260956161?t=DyRoRqQN-87KBB-IliHsiw&s=19

quote:

Laws is charged with stealing the identity of a Florida nurse and using that woman’s nursing license to care for several people with developmental disabilities.

She also has an active warrant for her arrest in Vermont and has pending charges in Orlando, Florida.

quote:

She was employed as a licensed nurse with Walton Community Services where she was tasked with working with eight people in a Cobb County home who needed care around the clock from a licensed nurse.

“I can’t think of anything more dangerous than someone masquerading as a nurse from state to state to state,” the prosecutor argued.

:lol: :fuckoff:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So wait did she have a license or not?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

thechosenone posted:

So wait did she have a license or not?

no. it says she stole someone else's identity and license

why she actually did their job is beyond me though

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

was she doing a good job?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

Intel still has a process advantage in Arizona (and Ireland iirc)

they do not have a volume or any good products to produce on it though

Au contraire

https://twitter.com/ryanshrout/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
hard to believe that prosecutor couldn't think of anything more dangerous than that really

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Oglethorpe posted:

was she doing a good job?

nope dun matter SHE DID NOT HAVE THE loving LICENSE THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES HER A THREAT:freep:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

meanwhile nurses that refused vaccines and poo poo are being given their jobs back. but you dont need a degree to be a care taker. she could have gone that route i guess.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
licenses were created to be exclusionary and don’t mean anything.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Stereotype posted:

i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the ocean with my lovely boeing

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Stereotype posted:

hey pal I had to learn about coarse grains and other farming poo poo to get my license to handle auto insurance claims in texas and if you don’t know those things you shouldn’t be looking at dented bumpers

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i know if i ever move to texas, buy a tractor, and get in a fender bender i want a licensed professional to deny my insurance claim

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

if my memory serves right Doc Holiday was a dentist who didn't have the license to practice (you had to be a certain age to run a practice and he was too young?) so became an outlaw dentist in the west. and since he was an outlaw he also became a world class gun slinger and gambler and basically was involved in every big cowboy semi mythological event and murdered many people

edit: hmm his wiki entry rules

John Henry Holliday (August 14, 1851 – November 8, 1887), better known as Doc Holliday, was an American gambler, gunfighter, and dentist.

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 06:30 on Jun 7, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Antonymous posted:

edit: hmm his wiki entry rules

quote:

When he arrived in Dallas, Holliday partnered with a friend of his father's, Dr. John A. Seegar.[15] They won awards for their dental work at the Annual Fair of the North Texas Agricultural, Mechanical and Blood Stock Association at the Dallas County Fair. They received all three awards: "Best set of teeth in gold", "Best in vulcanized rubber", and "Best set of artificial teeth and dental ware."[16]

the best set of rubber teeth in the wild west

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

as a licensed civil PE/GE, this is true.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

zetamind2000 posted:

the best set of rubber teeth in the wild west

just after the era when a couple of huge elephant teeth would be deemed great dentures

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Beeftweeter posted:

hard to believe that prosecutor couldn't think of anything more dangerous than that really

Trainee clown juggling nitroglycerine while unicycling.

Pitbull on PCP.

Climate change.

A chimp with an uzi.

Fighting roosters with those weird foot-blade things but they escaped into a Black Friday mall crowd.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I don’t know if it’s true but I read Doc Holliday’s last words were “This is funny,” because he was dying of TB after all the gun fights and all the rest.

also George Washington’s fake teeth brought him legitimate constant pain and made him ornery constantly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

ARM processors are more efficient, and that adds up when you're running big data centers

the argument for x86 is that there's better compatibility - the consumer space either runs on Windows (or iOS)

but, if you're an enterprise firm whose software is written from scratch anyway, then no such issue exists, and you can jump into ARM no problemo (this is also why ARM was able to carve out a niche for itself in cellphones - no preexisting software base)

Intel is trying to catch up with "accelerators", or specially designed chiplets that will do specific tasks fast because it's the only thing they can do

but that can only carry you so far - Moore's law catches up in the end

as a follow-up to this:

Zen 4c: AMD’s Response to Hyperscale ARM & Intel Atom

AMD is doing a redesign of their architecture to make the basic core configuration physically smaller, in order to be able to compete with ARM in core counts and efficiency

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

we're bringing back LF!!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gradenko_2000 posted:

we're bringing back LF!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Those aren't made on their own node; still accurate.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grapplejack posted:

to be fair that is a really nice kitchen

I agree though vancouver streamers that own property shouldn't be allowed to complain about money stuff

Carpet in front of the counters/oven? That thing is going to get so disgusting.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

holefoods posted:

hey pal I had to learn about coarse grains and other farming poo poo to get my license to handle auto insurance claims in texas and if you don’t know those things you shouldn’t be looking at dented bumpers

Lol that's the only thing you need a license versus, say, everything else

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Orange Devil posted:

Carpet in front of the counters/oven? That thing is going to get so disgusting.

That’s an anti-fatigue rubber mat

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

incredible things are happening in Türkiye

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

all licenses but yeah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I think licenses are fine

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if i can run an unlicensed securities exchange i don’t see why i can’t wipe bottoms without a license

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's not that we should abolish medical licenses, it's just that you should be able to get one for free and in your spare time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
charging for any form of information/not paying employees to be trained is a sin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think states needing their own seperate licenses is a problem and you should just get one if you have received the prerequisite education and passed the certification tests.

Education would also have to be standardized though so :shrug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's all just various levels of [financial] gatekeeping

it's not about establishing whether you're competent at the job, it's about making sure someone gets paid to let you in

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Have you got a licence for not having any licenses :cop:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Sir you have to be licensed to be a cashier in this state, can you tell me how many nickels go in a quarter sir?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

licensing is a very important tool for capital to help control labor supply in specific sectors and migration of skilled labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/QuiverQuant/status/1666179659795677185?t=CRsziRCTZ1y9v1w9dnk9wg&s=19