Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol that’s amazing and short sighted, what about people who buy physical copies? Even if you own it you still can’t go play with your buddy on games night because you don’t have a digital license attached to your account!

You have to jam both discs into the machine at the same time. You can also do this by taping two micro sd cards together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I'd been told repeatedly the second Battle.Net account needed the game as well, I could be mistaken and will edit my original post.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

tuyop posted:

Just did the fan surgery and I must have gotten lucky, it was incredibly easy.

The new fan is a huge improvement too, so thanks for pointing me that way! Now what do I do with the old fan?

I know this was a few days ago, but hold on to it, if you have to RMA your device you'll want to swap them back out, as you might not get the same device back. Same for any SSD upgrades.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

minusX posted:

I know this was a few days ago, but hold on to it, if you have to RMA your device you'll want to swap them back out, as you might not get the same device back. Same for any SSD upgrades.

Ah, great point

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MarcusSA posted:

That seems fine?

The thought of giving Blizzard money is troubling.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

:greencube: This thread has Bluetooth fixes
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=270465

And for the "more trouble than it's worth" file, NAS storage.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Weird issue in game mode: When running Discord, a notification from someone freezes the whole app for up to a minute or two

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I haven't played Steam Deck in a while but I had a hankering, a need, for some Yakuza however Yakuza Kiwami was doing a weird glitchy thing where Kiryu would only creep forward and wouldn't animate and the camera stuttered a lot and Yakuza 0 wouldn't recognize any button inputs.

I restarted, updated, restarted, and all my other games appeared to work fine. (I just didn't want to play them.)

Any idea what's up or how to fix it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Diablo 4 absolutely does not like being suspended lol

Genshin impact is ok with it!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it needs a constant connection to the server. Heck I get booted on Xbox if I idle for 10 minutes while eating.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Hammer Bro. posted:

I haven't played Steam Deck in a while but I had a hankering, a need, for some Yakuza however Yakuza Kiwami was doing a weird glitchy thing where Kiryu would only creep forward and wouldn't animate and the camera stuttered a lot and Yakuza 0 wouldn't recognize any button inputs.

I restarted, updated, restarted, and all my other games appeared to work fine. (I just didn't want to play them.)

Steam version or one of the other installers?
I've not had issues with Yakuza kiwami, but I can try again in a bit. I think it's been about 5 min since I loaded it up, but it worked fine at the time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Beastie posted:

Yeah it needs a constant connection to the server. Heck I get booted on Xbox if I idle for 10 minutes while eating.

Apparently the world first level capped hardcore character got killed due to a disconnect counting as dying to stop people from pulling the plug if things get rough lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

MarcusSA posted:

Its the server connection. If you suspend it for a few minutes then it generally reconnects fine but otherwise it sends you into the Phantom Zone.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Hammer Bro. posted:

Both of those games work normally for me, installed through steam. Try validating the files or using a different version of proton.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Apparently the world first level capped hardcore character got killed due to a disconnect counting as dying to stop people from pulling the plug if things get rough lol
Some of that newBlizzard(tm) innovation we're seeing.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dramicus posted:

Both of those games work normally for me, installed through steam. Try validating the files or using a different version of proton.

I've got the Steam versions, but yeah I forgot Proton was a thing. Maybe it's updated (or needs downgrading).

I'll check into that stuff and worst case reinstall later tonight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i hope you get them working, yakuza 0 is unreal

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh I know.

I'm halfway through Kiwami 1 and when that didn't work I thought, "I need some cheering up. Maybe I'll just start 0 over."

I guess it's good I didn't do that because after manually targeting Proton 8.0.2, having it download stuff, then untargeting any specific Proton, now they both work. Because I probably shouldn't be playing 0 again right now.

Unless my wife wants to watch.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Super weird how the week and a half I did not have access to a steam deck happened to coincide with a near-total clearing up of my carpal tunnel symptoms

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Where would the Rockstar Launcher (non-Steam copy) install GTA V on the Deck? I'd like to transfer the existing files from my PC, but I am damned if I can work it out. It thinks it's installing to the C drive, but where that is in reality I do not know.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The fake c drive is in /home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata and then you need to figure out which subfolder it is as from there Steam creates a new one for each game you launch

e: maybe use date modified to figure out where it is if it's freshly installed

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

My dock just poo poo the ghost, does anyone recommend a more durable USB hub? I didn't even place mine in the dock; its cable was too short.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Where would the Rockstar Launcher (non-Steam copy) install GTA V on the Deck? I'd like to transfer the existing files from my PC, but I am damned if I can work it out. It thinks it's installing to the C drive, but where that is in reality I do not know.
On the Deck, it puts it in a Proton profile folder:
code:
$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/271590/pfx/
. From there it should look more familiar to Windows users.

unruly fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 8, 2023

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

haldolium posted:

is there a way to force antialiasing for certain applications in general? I'm playing Risen rn and it is almost unbearable due to complete absence of aa. As the deck lacks a gpu CP by default I'm not so sure where to start looking here, google was not much of a success

alright found out that apparently any game on the deck can be launched with SSAA, and it appears to work just fine in this case @1600x1000

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mescal posted:

My dock just poo poo the ghost, does anyone recommend a more durable USB hub? I didn't even place mine in the dock; its cable was too short.

If you don't want to get the official dock, get this Anker hub. I use it for my Macbook and sometimes put the Deck on it too. The HDMI port isn't 4K60 but you also shouldn't be running your Deck at 4K anyway.
https://www.anker.com/products/a8346

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Super weird how the week and a half I did not have access to a steam deck happened to coincide with a near-total clearing up of my carpal tunnel symptoms

Yeah, playing Zelda after the last few months on Deck has been hard. I just posted this in the Switch thread.

https://twitter.com/crkdgg/status/1666868542333911057?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

I sure wish that this came out before Zelda released.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, playing Zelda after the last few months on Deck has been hard. I just posted this in the Switch thread.

https://twitter.com/crkdgg/status/1666868542333911057?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

$60 seems like a drat good deal imo

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

njsykora posted:

If you don't want to get the official dock, get this Anker hub. I use it for my Macbook and sometimes put the Deck on it too. The HDMI port isn't 4K60 but you also shouldn't be running your Deck at 4K anyway.
https://www.anker.com/products/a8346

Separating the charging USBC from a data USBC is a good feature, thanks for the tip!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

How is God of War on the ol’ Decky Deck?

One of those releases where you seem to read conflicting things, even on Protondb. Is it stable at 40 without looking like poo poo?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why are the ones with Gamecube/SNES colors $30 more? AFAICT that's literally the only difference.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They also come with a carrying case.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Why are the ones with Gamecube/SNES colors $30 more? AFAICT that's literally the only difference.

They come with cases, plus they’re pushing some kind of pseudo-NFT bullshit along with them

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, I'd wait on reviews on that thing first.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bumhead posted:

How is God of War on the ol’ Decky Deck?

One of those releases where you seem to read conflicting things, even on Protondb. Is it stable at 40 without looking like poo poo?

About the same as Horizon on Deck, I wouldn't say stable 40 without enabling FSR but it'll stick at 30 no problem.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Hi, looking for recommendations that might be a little specific, basically something very accessible, along the lines of Dredge or Dave the Diver. Anything else super creative and interesting like that around? Presume this is for someone who has never really played games - no shooters or anything like that. Thanks!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

VelociBacon posted:

Hi, looking for recommendations that might be a little specific, basically something very accessible, along the lines of Dredge or Dave the Diver. Anything else super creative and interesting like that around? Presume this is for someone who has never really played games - no shooters or anything like that. Thanks!

itch.io

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

They come with cases, plus they’re pushing some kind of pseudo-NFT bullshit along with them

digital proof of physical ownership, oof

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

drat, I lost my JPEG "Digital Proof of Physical Ownership" file. *Case evaporates in a puff of smoke*

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Spiritfarer would fit the nautical theme. Coffee Talk and The Stanley Parable are a bit different but good examples of chill gameplay. Good introductions to a different style I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

VelociBacon posted:

Moonglow Bay was fun, although the steam reviews say it's kind of buggy later on in the game.

It's basically a fish catching game where you take the fish home to do Cooking Mama-style mini games and turn it into dishes that you can then sell. There's also a town of people you can talk to and do tasks for. It's on Xbox Game Pass if you have a subscription and want to try it out.