Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

He threatened to shut down the Simulated Universe so gently caress him. :colbert:

But he did it to own an "elite hacker gamer" character, which is always worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got SW in around 60 pulls and then used my last 5 tickets on the LC banner and got Tingyun who I wanted anyway. Will have to wait level Tingyun because I don't have enough mats to level another character. Got SW to 60 and will probably get to 50 TL tomorrow or Friday so I guess I need to solidify who I'm getting to 70 first. Definity Seele, SW, and Nat, just not sure who I want as a fourth character. Maybe QQ since I have her to 60 and 3 of the same type with SW is very fun but I need to get some decent gear and raise her traces.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

50 pulls :sickos:

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Due to some careful pre-planning and resource-hoarding on my part, I now have a level 70 SW with level 70 event light cone and almost all traces and good artifacts that are all at +12. If you're interested in trying the char out with your team comp in an Echo of War or something please add me with UID 602240868 and use her so I can get credits :)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
SW seems like one of the worst possible characters to borrow, considering how dependent on the team comp she is.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

lost the 50/50, but got a gepard eidolon so i guess i'm not too mad about it...

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Clarste posted:

SW seems like one of the worst possible characters to borrow, considering how dependent on the team comp she is.

Unless you wanted to specifically test out how she would work with your team comp, like I said...

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

facepalmolive posted:

The main problem with this strat is that I do not have a Welt.

Lost my 50/50 on SW banner only to get... Welt. Well then. Time to take this for a spin and eat my own words.

I have enough to guarantee pity on the Wolf, but debating on rolling for her (which would enable the eventual Qingque mono-quantum and I'd never have to build another team again), or saving a handful of pulls for Luocha Qingque banner.

Actually the fact that I'd never have to build another team (minus MoC of course) really sells it, huh. Plus, pulling for 4*s is always a terrifying gacha experience.

SW would've been a perfectly viable character purely based on the fact that she can smart-apply 3 separate debuffs on autoattack alone. The fact that she can also add weakness and reduce resistance sounds absolutely absurd to me.

LCs for Welt and SW? The new welfare LC with SW's face on it seems made for her. For Welt I'm sitting on Eyes of the Prey, Fermata, and the ensnare LC with Luka on it -- I'm guessing ensnare is the way to go for the def shred?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Izzhov posted:

Due to some careful pre-planning and resource-hoarding on my part, I now have a level 70 SW with level 70 event light cone and almost all traces and good artifacts that are all at +12. If you're interested in trying the char out with your team comp in an Echo of War or something please add me with UID 602240868 and use her so I can get credits :)

Added, my SW won’t be built until the BP rewards start coming in so it’s nice to be able to use her until I’m done farming speed boots :suicide:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
When's Kafka and Fu Xuan's supposed to drop? I am very unwisely considering going for SW Eidos, and I wonder how much time I would have to save up for them.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kafka is next patch, so you wouldn't have much time to save up at all. Fu Xuan has been datamined but there's no indication whatsoever of when she'll be playable. In Genshin some characters were datamined years before they were released.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 7, 2023

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fu Xuan's officially coming, not just datamined. She's probably not far behind Kafka and Blade.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ah, maybe I was thinking of Screwllum? Or I just have no idea what I'm talking about.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I've killed a few of the randomized open-world trotters that can spawn into fights now. My brain can't handle parsing the list of rewards - there's too many crafting mats to remember all the names - but I THINK it's just more of the same mats. Idk about more credits or XP. Seems like it's still completely fine to not gently caress with clearing respawns every day unless you are deeply bored and have no other solution for that

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

I've killed a few of the randomized open-world trotters that can spawn into fights now. My brain can't handle parsing the list of rewards - there's too many crafting mats to remember all the names - but I THINK it's just more of the same mats. Idk about more credits or XP. Seems like it's still completely fine to not gently caress with clearing respawns every day unless you are deeply bored and have no other solution for that

Am I correct in thinking that some zones have a trotter that counts as a chest? I'm pretty sure I've had my chest count increase from killing one a couple times. I think they also gave 60 star jade?

(These are the ones that actually appear on the field, though)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah those are special. The patch added trotters that will randomly show up in overworld fights. Gives extra mats, but I think it's still the same pool of drops.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The random ones seem super common. Like, every other fight or so. I was just trying to get the "win three battles after starting with a weakness attack" daily challenge and fought like three of them.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Eimi posted:

I mean the trial is just a bad comp. The way they did it is the best way they could do with the choice being rng. You can always setup your team so you know 100% what weakness you will implant, unless the enemy is not quantum weak and you want to force another weakness it also lacks. In which case is bad teamcomp. Or you can just not care. Completely ignoring her weakness implant, she's still about a 50% damage amp (ignoring her personal cone which is another 10% on top of that.)

Clarste posted:

Yeah, SW highly rewards thinking about team comp in a way that has never been necessary before, and if you're relying too much on RNG you're doing it wrong.

Every single trial makes the character look terrible, tbh.

The trial is the best they can do to accurately present her gimmick, I feel like. Because even knowing I can force guarantees in better situations, setting that up has an element of roster dependence that is hard to account for. Defensive/healing supports only cover so many elements and this whole process seems like a juggling act that wants you to have a lot of raised characters. Using her generically for def shred and bugs is still plenty good, but it's not that far off from Pela either.

I'm just bristling a bit at the hype, even as she's obviously a strong character whose "issues" will improve over time. :shrug:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

m.hache posted:

Really wish we could track it though beyond counting manually.

there's a third party site that can read your warp data and give you some stats on your rolls, p sure it's p safe to do so but don't take my word on it
https://starrailstation.com/en/warp#stellar

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

haypliss posted:

The trial is the best they can do to accurately present her gimmick, I feel like. Because even knowing I can force guarantees in better situations, setting that up has an element of roster dependence that is hard to account for. Defensive/healing supports only cover so many elements and this whole process seems like a juggling act that wants you to have a lot of raised characters. Using her generically for def shred and bugs is still plenty good, but it's not that far off from Pela either.

I'm just bristling a bit at the hype, even as she's obviously a strong character whose "issues" will improve over time. :shrug:

There are a lot of options in the current game as is though? Gepard, Natasha, Bailu, Fireblazer, March are all a bunch of different elements and can swap off that role to play around weaknesses. It's not perfect, but that I said earlier in the thread that SW will be stronger on her rerun when lower spenders have those options/more options exist in general. She also does a lot more damage than Pela.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

haypliss posted:

The hype is for using her well, not for using her badly. Hope this helps.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

hit TR60, so going thru the SU each time for the first time drops.
did the one with the +hit relic and every reward i used energy on was the other one >_<

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

hit TR60, so going thru the SU each time for the first time drops.
did the one with the +hit relic and every reward i used energy on was the other one >_<

I've just been using Talia's. :v:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Eimi posted:

There are a lot of options in the current game as is though? Gepard, Natasha, Bailu, Fireblazer, March are all a bunch of different elements and can swap off that role to play around weaknesses. It's not perfect, but that I said earlier in the thread that SW will be stronger on her rerun when lower spenders have those options/more options exist in general. She also does a lot more damage than Pela.

I don't give as much weight to Gepard and Bailu because they're 5* gacha characters. Obviously having one or both opens up a lot of options with SW, but if you lack them then you're going to be more limited in how you can use her, especially when part of your teambuilding process depends on inherent weaknesses too.

Clarste posted:

The hype is for using her well, not for using her badly. Hope this helps.

And I see using her well as something that has limitations worth noting, but I guess this is more about does hype reflect pull value (no) than if she's good in her niche (yes).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

I'd argue that she's actually one of the most flexible characters in the game, honestly. Her ult is the strongest single target defense shred in the game at this juncture, which means she works with functionally every DPS layout currently in the game even if you completely ignore the weakness implant gimmick. Her skill also shreds all enemy resistances even if you implant the "wrong" weakness. There's no team comp I can think of that would say no to "support character who wildly amplifies DPS against a single target".

I feel like people get hung up on the weakness gimmick when it's only one part of the kit and not even really the most important one in a lot of scenarios.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 7, 2023

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Took about 80 pulls to get Silver Wolf sorted, at least got a few neat LCs along the way. Geniuses Repose seems really good for Serval for one thing

I also got Bronya's... Light Cone from the Standard Banner.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kanos posted:

I'd argue that she's actually one of the most flexible characters in the game, honestly. Her ult is the strongest single target defense shred in the game at this juncture, which means she works with functionally every DPS layout currently in the game even if you completely ignore the weakness implant gimmick. Her skill also shreds all enemy resistances even if you implant the "wrong" weakness. There's no team comp I can think of that would say no to "support character who wildly amplifies DPS against a single target".

I feel like people get hung up on the weakness gimmick when it's only one part of the kit and not even really the most important one in a lot of scenarios.

Yeah like I said, her just existing is about a 50% damage amp on a target, and unlike say Bronya, that's for your entire team.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is wolfies's first dupe worth rolling for? Or the light cone?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The LC is really good. Seems you really 'need' E2 to make it worth going for her dupes tho

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

The fact that you can superimpose the 4* LC that’s also designed for her to the max level at least took the wind out of the sails of her 5* one for me. The additional damage boost it gives from debuffs for a turn is definitely nice, but in all probability it’s something you’re keeping at its initial value. Plus I need those tickets for Kafka.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I guess I need to resist and just wait for lightning mommy

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah Silver Wolf is definitely doing a lot in my team composition. Feel bad that I more or less have to move Tingyun to my B team now, even though she's still really good. She's just a little too squishy.

Wonder if we'll ever get a playable Sirin in Star Rail?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I haven't managed to get Silver Wolf yet, but almost every 10 pull I did gave me another Serval, taking me from e1 to e6 with her. Which is pretty cool since she's my favorite character on my team and I've been using her a lot.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah Silver Wolf is definitely doing a lot in my team composition. Feel bad that I more or less have to move Tingyun to my B team now, even though she's still really good. She's just a little too squishy.

Wonder if we'll ever get a playable Sirin in Star Rail?

I've said it before but my hope is that whenever the TB gets Imaginary, their hair will turn purple and Stelle is Sirin. She deserves to be the main character.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

padijun posted:

Added, my SW won’t be built until the BP rewards start coming in so it’s nice to be able to use her until I’m done farming speed boots :suicide:

I assume the 4* quantum boots you get from her story are guaranteed speed main stat so you can get her to 120+ with that alone if that's your choice.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

shrach posted:

I assume the 4* quantum boots you get from her story are guaranteed speed main stat so you can get her to 120+ with that alone if that's your choice.

Sadly they are not. :negative:

I had a good set of Thief speed boots so I've just gone all in on break effect with Thief + Talia's. I've still got like ~75% effect hit, but I've seen 40k+ hits from entanglement expiring and she pushes people sooooo far back when she breaks them.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I have no idea what break or weakness or any of the stats do. I'll never learn

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Begging this game to give me something other than 3 copies of Bailu.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Kyrosiris posted:

Sadly they are not. :negative:

I had a good set of Thief speed boots so I've just gone all in on break effect with Thief + Talia's. I've still got like ~75% effect hit, but I've seen 40k+ hits from entanglement expiring and she pushes people sooooo far back when she breaks them.

That's crazy. My free quantum set gave effect rate on body and speed on boots. Free defensive set from trailblazer ranks gave def% on body/boots. Healer set gave outgoing healing% and hp%. Champions physical set from guidebook or wherever that came from gave speed boots and crit rate chest. I just assumed they had guaranteed these mainstats to be those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

no longer Clara-less :unsmith: