Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yet again the UK is asking other people to solve their problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can't believe they got the name of Bannau Brycheiniog wrong.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

let them fight dot gif

I'm, uh, pretty certain that National Action is going to be fighting us. They're a domestic terrorist organisation that is apparently benefiting from the training and resources that we're sending to the Ukraine war.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Only if that training and those resources somehow travelled through time to 2014

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

It's true, extremists that the UK state allows to train abroad will never return to the UK and commit atrocities here.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

It turned out that Woking Council just bought a bunch of 9th Ed. 40K armies. Then when the news of 10th Ed. broke, so did their budget.

Oh god I hope they didn't get a bunch of Forge World stuff.

OwlFancier posted:

I think this is what they call "running the country like a business"

People who advocate for this are some of the strangest fuckers around.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yes. See several Welsh councils who have lost a packet investing in retail/ leisure schemes in the past couple of years.
Sorry I can't do links my internet Three and BT have been up poo poo creek all day. I think a mast must be down somewhere.

I can see it being enticing as if you invest rightly you can have quite a bit more money to spend on your community, more more likely funnel into your own pockets.

Now hang on, Gene is Jewish. Christian better watch out he isn't doing an anti-antisemitism.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

'full contact fighting' as opposed to? telekinetic battles?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As opposed to slowly walking people through the motions of how to fight without actually beating the poo poo out of them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This guy is also apparently of Russian Jewish heritage, because racism is stupid.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BazakeMedia/status/1666734074424090625

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Theres an article on BBC with suella and the police patting themselves on the back for having the police attend, not solve but attend, every burglary in 2022. I was burgled in 2022 and the police did not attend? Maybe theyre just about right as a forensics person came out a couple of days later which was real useful.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Only if that training and those resources somehow travelled through time to 2014

Frankly seems kind of daft to assume that he had no relationship to British intelligence services prior to then, given that he ended up becoming an asset to them in a foreign war after running a training camp on British soil. Given how suddenly they popped up and how well-equipped they are, I think it's a fair guess that the border insurgency was Western intelligence agencies activating their existing assets in the region. Who just so happened to be card-carrying Nazis.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Theres an article on BBC with suella and the police patting themselves on the back for having the police attend, not solve but attend, every burglary in 2022. I was burgled in 2022 and the police did not attend? Maybe theyre just about right as a forensics person came out a couple of days later which was real useful.

Yeah, I'd assume that counts - either authentically or as a way to fudge the numbers to meet their target, because every government department with a basic sense of self-preservation does that.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

keep punching joe posted:

:discourse:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

keep punching joe posted:

Welsh is not an acceptable form of racial pride

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Kiss had an amazing debut though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"costumed extras posed as Moroccans"

"which was acceptable at the time"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like Aerosmith

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's a parody account that has been hooking in so many people, but the video they posted is incredible. I don't think it's recent, as I can't see it trending anywhere, but lol and lmao

https://twitter.com/TheBigCons/status/1666409762689368064

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that... eamonn holmes???

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Is that... eamonn holmes???

I couldn't believe it at first, but yes

e: It was from this morning. I've seen a few non parody accounts post it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I didn't realise he was that hard up/far right.

E: apparently it was yesterday?

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/whats-on/be/eamonn-holmes-isabel-webster-caught-27070200

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Apparently he went down the "Meghan Markle is an uppity woke weak manipulative loud woman" rabbit hole. Many such cases.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dabir posted:

I like Aerosmith

Nonce band

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh gross hadn't heard of that poo poo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

how old do you have to be to be of the kiss era? i only know them because of family guy and even then i’m not sure if i’ve heard any of their songs

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jel Shaker posted:

how old do you have to be to be of the kiss era? i only know them because of family guy and even then i’m not sure if i’ve heard any of their songs

I mostly know about them from Image comic/McFarlane tie-ins from the 90s.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Former Woking resident,

The old council were some real dodgy conservatives, and the massive borderline skyscrapers they built in the middle of the town seemed to be a bad investment they kept playing double or nothing with, until it was an order of magnitude more expensive than originally planned.

Now they’ve mostly been replaced by Lib Dems presumably they will face no consequences.

Pre covid there wasn’t much chance of the council making back its investment before 50 years (in some fantasy world where everything’s a-ok in 50 years), post covid the demand for commuting is way down and there’s a billion pound hole in the budget.

Oops.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

His mistake, he thought it was called Stormfront.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jel Shaker posted:

In your 60s, probably.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Former Woking resident,

The old council were some real dodgy conservatives, and the massive borderline skyscrapers they built in the middle of the town seemed to be a bad investment they kept playing double or nothing with, until it was an order of magnitude more expensive than originally planned.

Now they’ve mostly been replaced by Lib Dems presumably they will face no consequences.

Pre covid there wasn’t much chance of the council making back its investment before 50 years (in some fantasy world where everything’s a-ok in 50 years), post covid the demand for commuting is way down and there’s a billion pound hole in the budget.

Oops.

I have just done a bit of googling and Google mapping to see these woking skyscrapers and my only thought is 'what we're they thinking?'

I know the answer is money.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

In your 60s, probably.

I always remember this one. I was 27, this was released in September 1987 and was charting and totally summed up the really crazy weekend of 15th - 19th October which started with "The Great Storm of 1987" on the Friday (or started overnight on the Thursday night) and "Black Monday" (the stockmarket meltdown) on Monday 19th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2loCbMSj6g

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

When I was 19-20 back in the 90s, I went to a house party.
There was some absolute wanker there who kept trying to put on KISS music, which he handy had a cassette of.
He was the same age, gently caress knows how he got into them.
We listened to like one or two songs, then back to Prodigy and whatever.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Relatedly, in that they're related, Gene Simmons' son Nick is a plagiarist and led to the comics-gate controversy when he was exposed https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/03/04/the-nick-simmons-plagiarism-scandal/

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The main Google picture for Woking, rather than some landmark or something, is two lads have a bit of a hug in a multi storey car park. A few in and they're playing on a skateboard.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
A lot of people around my age might have first come across KISS via Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey with their (cover) of "God Gave Rock N Roll To You".

They have like 4 really fun songs and the rest is just brutally poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

They have like 4 really fun songs and the rest is just brutally poo poo

It’s a total numbers game, when you’ve been making records constantly for nearly 50 years you’ll probably have done a couple of good songs even by accident.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dysgenesis posted:

I have just done a bit of googling and Google mapping to see these woking skyscrapers and my only thought is 'what we're they thinking?'

I know the answer is money.

Just a bunch of people who would have been best off if they had been given a copy of Sim City and told to confine their ambitious to that.

On the plus side, at least there is no real world button that summons a giant Bowser to smash up the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Anyone remember that School of Rock TV show on Channel 4 where Gene Simmons had to turn a bunch of British youths into a rock band? All I remember from it is Gene Simmons trying and failing to brag about shagging thousands of girls to a woman who ran the bed and breakfast and a guest appearance from Tony Iommi where all the kids agreed they liked Tony more and learned more from him in an afternoon than weeks of hanging around Gene Simmons.