Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

padijun posted:

they're separate, bailu revives the first downed character whether or not they have invigoration
Man, that's even better than I thought. Hopefully I win the 1-in-14 sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I appreciate that everyone has a bark for being revived in combat, even though the only way to trigger it on non-Gepard units right now is with Bailu's ultimate. Now that's future-proofing! Though maybe they say it when you revive them with a consumable out of combat, too. I dunno. Too annoying to test.

I didn't notice the Trailblazer has different barks depending on her Path for generic shared things like "getting hit", either.

There's a Destruction(?) blessing that gives you a free revive per fight.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also it's on the Abundance path resonance upgrade you didn't take

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

padijun posted:

they're separate, bailu revives the first downed character whether or not they have invigoration

FractalSandwich posted:

Man, that's even better than I thought. Hopefully I win the 1-in-14 sooner rather than later.

She does have to be 'allowed to act' in order to do it though, such as..not Frozen

found that out the hard way lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i caved and splurged on silver wolf banner and got her 72/90. so now my account's identity is starting to coalesce as an enabler account with my two 5 stars being bronya and silverwolf. i guess now i just save up for big dick hard carry options?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've decided on a couple of teams and I really like how they work.

Team 1: Fireblazer, Dan Heng, Welt, Asta

Team 2: March 7, Serval, Herta, Natasha

Alternates: Quinque and Tingyun

Welt really makes Dan Heng shine, and the combination of Serval and March means Herta pops off hard. And Tingyun is great support for Quinque since it lessens her reliance on rng.

More importantly, these teams are fun. :)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm currently working on team 2 (clara/march/dan heng/asta) but I'll probably drop asta as soon as I get a better support or healer.

Also: I finally got the science quiz daily missions, hooray!!!!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I accidently rolled 20x on the weapon banner before realizing it while meaning to roll on the character banner. I guess it is closer to pity now, but I still want those rolls back.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 8, 2023

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I am a slow learner when it comes to the gacha, but one thing I learned from Genshin after incredible amounts of waste is "never, ever roll on the weapon banner."

Unless you're budgeting hundreds of dollars per month to the game, I guess.

This goes double for Star Rail where there are numerous free 5* weapons.

Which all goes to say, I am sorry for your loss.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

making the weapons in this game images of the character on the banner at the same time feels really hosed up

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

making the weapons in this game images of the character on the banner at the same time feels really hosed up
It would be pretty weird if a character's signature LC didn't have them on it, though. I guess they could have extended the more abstract art style they use for the 3-star and Herta LCs to all the rest?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Xalidur posted:

I am a slow learner when it comes to the gacha, but one thing I learned from Genshin after incredible amounts of waste is "never, ever roll on the weapon banner."

Ehhh, kinda. The weapon banner in this game is way more forgiving than the genshin weapon banner. The fact that there's not 2 separate 5* weapons on the same banner is huge. It means that you have a 75% chance to get the good LC instead of a 37.5% chance for it. I wouldn't do it unless it's for a main carry, but the first weapon is generally going to be a better investment for damage than chasing character eidolons. For a fully F2P player, it's probably not worth it, but if you're getting the BP/express pass, it should be something you at least consider if you're looking to chase dupes on a character.

Also the silver wolf light cone is not worth it to pull on because it the event light cone is so good, that the banner light cone is barely an upgrade a S1.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 8, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

It would be pretty weird if a character's signature LC didn't have them on it, though. I guess they could have extended the more abstract art style they use for the 3-star and Herta LCs to all the rest?
i mean they could have just made the lightcones weapons, idk, themed wristwatches. theres no reason they have to be pictures.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

berenzen posted:

Ehhh, kinda. The weapon banner in this game is way more forgiving than the genshin weapon banner. The fact that there's not 2 separate 5* weapons on the same banner is huge. It means that you have a 75% chance to get the good LC instead of a 37.5% chance for it. For a fully F2P player, it's probably not worth it, and I wouldn't do it unless it's for a main carry, but the first weapon is generally going to be a better investment for damage than chasing character eidolons.

genshin only started putting two weapons on the same banner when they added a second character banner.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Getting there. :toot:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

UHD posted:

genshin only started putting two weapons on the same banner when they added a second character banner.

It was 2 weapons right from the beginning. first banner was aquila favonia and amos bow.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

so they were, my bad

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I assume dabbling in light cones is probably optimal but I have a hard time seeing myself doing it. It's one of those things where yeah I'd probably get more jade in memory of chaos in the long run if I did it, but it would take an awful lot of that to make up for blowing the jade on the light cones to start with, so I'll just grab cool characters instead. And if falling behind the meta ever feels bad, falling back to just story content so meta doesn't matter is always an option too.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Endorph posted:

i mean they could have just made the lightcones weapons, idk, themed wristwatches. theres no reason they have to be pictures.

The pics look cute.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Detheros posted:

The pics look cute.

I like the ones that can give us glimpses of the personality of future characters

like "Subscribe for more" and "Geniuses' Repose"

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 8, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There’s a prime gaming bundle out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Imagine if this game had gacha relics like HI3.

MarcusSA posted:

There’s a prime gaming bundle out.

Cool, thanks

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Yeah bundle #2 released. There’s also drops on right now as well and you can play and mute a stream and it counts.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
oh right, forgot about that even though I did redeem the first one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
sucks that you can't use consumable items in MoC, like that's the only content where you would want it.

or at least, it should be like genshin ones where instead of working for one battle, it works for all battles for 30minutes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detheros posted:

The pics look cute.
i like the pics im just saying that if they were going to be pics there should be like a pop up going 'this is the light cone banner' or smth given how many people ive seen accidentally roll on it half asleep

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I mean it says Light Cone Event Warp right on the banner. The text could stand to be a bit bigger I guess.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
having character pics on the light cones makes it easier for me to figure out which ones people should use

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Also dont roll on Gacha half asleep, lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detheros posted:

Also dont roll on Gacha half asleep, lmao
i mean its just pushing the 'i want silver wolf' button idk why you need to be wide awake for that

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

when you open the gacha screen the "I want silver wolf" button is already selected, people need to stop pressing things so much

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

There's also the fact that pressing the warp button defaults to character banner.

Thinking on it, I do agree, however, that there could stand to be a "You are rolling on the (Standard/Light Cone/Event Character) banner, confirm y/n?"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

skill issue

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

is the person you are rolling for trapped in a weird square for some reason?? its a light cone!! like yea light cones are stupid as gently caress and make no sense as a concept but you shouldnt gently caress this up after like your first day or 2 of the game

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GateOfD posted:

sucks that you can't use consumable items in MoC, like that's the only content where you would want it.

or at least, it should be like genshin ones where instead of working for one battle, it works for all battles for 30minutes

Yeah the consumables are completely useless lol

The only time I even look at my consumable inventory is to quickly smash out the daily if it comes up

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

While I would not disagree with more transparency for basically anything in this and all anime gambling games I highly doubt very many people accidentally roll on the light cone banner

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i use the consumables sometimes...

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i used consumables when going through story content for the first time and sometimes when i remember that one of the echoes freezes you pretty regularly

i could see them being more useful in theoretical dungeon-crawling content where you can't just zip to a waypoint and get healed to full

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I used consumables in Warring Expeditions and Equilibrium Level Trials and basically nowhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I use the attack one on Echos of War just cuz it'll shave a turn or two off.