Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

where theres woke theres fire

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

anime was right posted:

where theres woke theres fire

new title for the other thread

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

asbestos is natural, breathe it in freely, friends

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

I know the thread title was just changed, but drat it, “radical left uses wildfire smoke as climate cudgel” is so good.

What's next, claiming rising sea levels are climate change? Chinese hoax people.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Look, just because years of drought have dried up all the trees turning them into kindling doesn’t mean climate change started the fires. Fire started the fires, not climate change. :rolleyes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AvesPKS posted:

Did anyone else have the TEPSLF work out for them? I just found out I had all my loans forgiven.

Is this the biden 10k thing? i thought that was still in limbo until roberts gets around to killing it

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1666449814211424307?t=kM9dl8cFYMUrVY0GY1SMrg&s=19

https://twitter.com/padresj/status/1666559235356762113?t=3WaHEeamyc0tsGuw2pZ7RA&s=19

https://twitter.com/WAVY_News/status/1666196048572735507?t=m4vVDUV0YMMi4dnmUEYPkA&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Jun 8, 2023

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I like the idea that the EPA invented particulate matter in the 90s.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's pretty funny that they've turned into new age wellness people

it's natural and therefore good

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Zokari posted:

it's pretty funny that they've turned into new age wellness people

it's natural and therefore good

that’s extremely a right thing now.

one of the ways they target folks is by attaching new beliefs to ones that are already in the brain. crystals, new age, wellness, etc are singing right propaganda has been targeting for a while to radicalize folks.

edit: it’s very overlapping with anti-vax.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ive been elbows deep into newage stuff for awhile now and have gotten 0% right wing stuff. Maybe because I am not doing any of it online?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

So 7 years in prison, forced to hand over $15million for restitution, but made over $100million total? Seems like a decent trade-off, unless I'm missing something

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
A flat of local strawberries purchased from the farm is now $60, up from $30 last summer. Help it make sense.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

that’s extremely a right thing now.

one of the ways they target folks is by attaching new beliefs to ones that are already in the brain. crystals, new age, wellness, etc are singing right propaganda has been targeting for a while to radicalize folks.

edit: it’s very overlapping with anti-vax.

there are a bunch of radicalization pipelines out there just like this, my wife was using reddit's weight loss subs for a bit to hype herself up for fitness and there was a direct fitness -> fat hate -> anti-trans pipeline going on

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Glumwheels posted:

A flat of local strawberries purchased from the farm is now $60, up from $30 last summer. Help it make sense.
more money for them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress yeah sabotaging the US military ftw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Wages and energy prices are flat or going down so. . they uh. . had to double the price.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Glumwheels posted:

they get more money that way

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

asbestos is natural, breathe it in freely, friends

so is pot. happy to see them on board finally.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Sumo logic, laceworks, and Dragos all with layoffs this week from what I'm seeing on LinkedIn

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

there are a bunch of radicalization pipelines out there just like this, my wife was using reddit's weight loss subs for a bit to hype herself up for fitness and there was a direct fitness -> fat hate -> anti-trans pipeline going on

it’s much easier to modify a thing that’s already part of one’s brain than to convince someone to believe an new idea that they haven’t internalized.

then if whatever they tacked the racism/bigotry onto is part of one’s identity it’s particularly hard to change it again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

err posted:

libs back on their mask bullshit 🙄

if masks don't block covid aerosols like libs believe then there's no way masks can block smoke particles which are even smaller

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RadiRoot posted:

so is pot. happy to see them on board finally.

Got'em

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

703 posted:

Sumo logic, laceworks, and Dragos all with layoffs this week from what I'm seeing on LinkedIn

What the gently caress is this

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

im guessing the odds that these devices have security vulnerabilities (and were being actively exploited) are 1:1

that stupid defense appropriation act they did when trump was pres hamstrings government purchasing by requiring all vendors (incl. mom and pop shops) verify they don't use chinese telecom equipment meanwhile they were getting bootleg modems by the pallet load lol.

love to try to explain to boomers who make literally the only widget of its kind in the world that they need to fill out some random form that asks a bunch of prying questions so they just ghost you instead

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

more money for them

+ gently caress you, OP

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

why are higher income folks more likely to miss payments or default?

Two factors
1) Per the UofC paper, high credit scores (correlated with high income) group took out additional debt, the other groups did not.
2) When the loans do restart, their payments will be a much higher dollar amount.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

euphronius posted:

Wages and energy prices are flat or going down so. . they uh. . had to double the price.

It’s hard to support local businesses when they’re price gouging too. Probably just go u-pick strawberries since it’s cheaper by the pound.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

i am harry posted:

if you’re outside the us and an American citizen and you have student loans they still count. your experience may vary but I had a friend who’s brother did a runner and they just found him in the uk and garnished his wages

I realize that my balance won't go away for 30 years but lol either that dude earned more than $120,000 per year or he didn't fill out his us income tax with the Foreign Earned Income Exlusion properly. it's not that hard. I mean maybe the loophole gets closed in the future, but there hasn't been much of any deliberation in either legislative chamber ever

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:boom:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

What the gently caress is this

Tech companies. No news about sumo, dragos is 9%, and laceworks was last year

Apr 7, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

It’s hard to support local businesses when they’re price gouging too. Probably just go u-pick strawberries since it’s cheaper by the pound.

our u-pick strawberry place here canceled picking this summer due to the drought.

yes, i live in a city that averages over 154 wet weather days a year and we're in a drought.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

AvesPKS posted:

Did anyone else have the TEPSLF work out for them? I just found out I had all my loans forgiven.

My partner's loans are the non qualifying kind.

Should have thought of that angle 16 years ago with no training and no way to know what this program would require or what job she would even have :smug:

Gee why are people avoiding this obvious debt trap

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
i watched some homeless cleanup recently and it's crazy

15 city workers standing around watching 1 worker go through blankets and picking up trash with a grabber while getting yelled at by the people living there. and they do spot cleaning so the people living there just walk 50 feet away and set up their stuff just outside of the area and move back after they leave

it's totally ineffective

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Did you know the usa is producing 12.3million BPD of oil and pre-covid the usa produced 13million BPD? Lots if room for improvement. Take that saudis

Apr 7, 2003

err posted:

i watched some homeless cleanup recently and it's crazy

15 city workers standing around watching 1 worker go through blankets and picking up trash with a grabber while getting yelled at by the people living there. and they do spot cleaning so the people living there just walk 50 feet away and set up their stuff just outside of the area and move back after they leave

it's totally ineffective

The news here is just running stories over and over saying that the homeless are criminals, I'm assuming so that they can convince some patriot to "clean up" the camps with his pickup truck.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/local-mans-bag-stolen-his-car-unable-retrieve-his-items-tent-homeless-encampment/5B6N54TIGBH3BNPKDQ7YSFIX74/

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Mr Hootington posted:

Tech companies. No news about sumo, dragos is 9%, and laceworks was last year

Sumo and Laceworks (again) are happening right now

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Justin Tyme posted:

im guessing the odds that these devices have security vulnerabilities (and were being actively exploited) are 1:1

that stupid defense appropriation act they did when trump was pres hamstrings government purchasing by requiring all vendors (incl. mom and pop shops) verify they don't use chinese telecom equipment meanwhile they were getting bootleg modems by the pallet load lol.

love to try to explain to boomers who make literally the only widget of its kind in the world that they need to fill out some random form that asks a bunch of prying questions so they just ghost you instead

If you read between the lines the real problem is that he was selling Cisco equipment without Cisco getting their cut and a lot of the equipment was and is probably fine, just intended for different regions than the ones it was sold in

This scam was a dumb idea from the jump because Cisco was always going to sue him and was always going to get the doj to go after him because Cisco is Cisco

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 18:41 on Jun 8, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

703 posted:

Sumo and Laceworks (again) are happening right now

Links to proof? Or is this just you seeing people changing their current job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

why are higher income folks more likely to miss payments or default?

Alot of my upper middle class friends have no idea how to control their spending at all.