Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

holy poo poo he got the receipts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SourKraut posted:

It says a lot about you that you use paper towels as toilet paper! :twisted:

lol. but Jerry have you seen toilet paper these days? it’s like wiping your rear end with a thin cobweb!!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I just got laid off today

f

Xaris posted:

products in the 1970s

big-rear end hauls only possible thanks to the personal automobile. gross

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Lol that man's outfit matches the paper bag exactly.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

for companies its now cheaper to own your own forum entirely than use offsites :)

social media upcharging on APIs means that social media isnt cheap to run, no point in it.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

Costco frozen pizza is pretty good but also so are their ready-made pies from the window if you want to eat cheap. If I have time, I’m only going to order good pizza from a small local joint. No more papa Murphy’s either after I paid $30 for two mini kids pizzas and a medium pepperoni. The kids made their own drat pizza and we baked all 3 at home!

Something has to give soon, it’s just not sustainable anymore at these prices. We’ll bail out these businesses before we bail out families, though.

Yeah, I never got the advantage of Papa Murphy's over a pre-made crust.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

webcams for christ posted:

f

big-rear end hauls only possible thanks to the personal automobile. gross

and the empire exploiting the global south.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
gently caress Reddit. Their official app is awful, their format is awful, and their upvote system is awful.
The entire thing is just a way for governments and corporations to psyop you now. Eat poo poo, Reddit, and I hope it dies in a year. Forums 4 lyfe.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

https://www.phpbb.com/

EMBRACE TRADITION!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, I never got the advantage of Papa Murphy's over a pre-made crust.

Papa Murphiws used to be very good in the 90s thru 00s because you’d get loaded up coupons meaning like 2x XL BOGO for $6. also since it’s not cooked you can use EBT on it which is good

it’s hilariously expensive these days and totally not worth it. it’s more expensive than cooked pizza. probably the only reason anyone pays the extortion prices is ebt I guess

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Glumwheels posted:

Something has to give soon

it's you, what you're giving is your money, and there will be more of it given

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress Reddit. Their official app is awful, their format is awful, and their upvote system is awful.
The entire thing is just a way for governments and corporations to psyop you now. Eat poo poo, Reddit, and I hope it dies in a year. Forums 4 lyfe.

Outside of a small number of niche and genuinely leftist subs that I subscribe to, Reddit at large is a cesspit of shitlibs and closeted fascists and I emphatically could not care less if people have to use a different app or whatever to post how much they lust for orc death or how wholesome chungus Biden is saving the world with the help of Mark Hamil or whatever lunacy gets posted on a regular basis.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We are watching the ruling class actively destroy any concept of societal action towards health and safety and it's working. In the end every man will be an island and any and all choices will be personal consumer choices. Huff wildfire smoke or not as you see fit, you need to calibrate your personal risk assessment and if you're scared of smoke just stay home.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

They have been teasing this loving Police Training facility for way too long at this point. you either gonna make the godforsaken thing or not? i dunno maybe it's some Real Estate scam poo poo or something like everything else Atlanta related:v:

UPDATE: It is

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1666777946139291650?t=WIula7dT-dipTiCHw_e48w&s=19

we literally have nothing else being constructed here except some lovely Townhomes and Condos no one can afford because they are all in the $600,000-$800,000+ range, so they just sitting there it's insane

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Danny LaFever posted:

and the empire exploiting the global south.

that's a kind of water is wet thing, but yeah

*taps sign*

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

anonumos posted:

Not only that but you can't find "large" Digiorno's anymore. They've shrunk from feeds-4-grown-adults to might-feed-3-hungry-children. AND gone from $5 to over $8. It's heinous.

We went from $5 for the largest frozen pizza available in supermarkets to $8 for Red Baron portions.

I feel like frozen pizzas already underwent huge inflation when I was younger. My brother and I were raised as latchkey kids under a single working mom and we didn't have much money, so our grocery shopping was p much cheap garbage that kids could throw in the oven/microwave. We ate a ton of tombstone/red baron pizzas because they were dirt cheap, like often 2-2.50, sometimes even less than 2 bucks on a good sale. By the time I was in college and shopping myself they were already kind of expensive, as you say more like 5 bucks which I mean I guess is still cheap from a calorie perspective but nothing like days of yore, heck if you used coupons and did self pickup at the local pizza places it wasn't much more expensive than frozen pizzas and it was a lot better.

sobersally
Jun 8, 2023
gaming floating exchange rates to read as close to but not less than zero

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

PoundSand posted:

I feel like frozen pizzas already underwent huge inflation when I was younger. My brother and I were raised as latchkey kids under a single working mom and we didn't have much money, so our grocery shopping was p much cheap garbage that kids could throw in the oven/microwave. We ate a ton of tombstone/red baron pizzas because they were dirt cheap, like often 2-2.50, sometimes even less than 2 bucks on a good sale. By the time I was in college and shopping myself they were already kind of expensive, as you say more like 5 bucks which I mean I guess is still cheap from a calorie perspective but nothing like days of yore, heck if you used coupons and did self pickup at the local pizza places it wasn't much more expensive than frozen pizzas and it was a lot better.

there was a period in i think the 80s to late 90s where All Food Got Bigger usually at the expense of quality. we are now unbiggening the food and raising the prices while lowering the quality all at once. it rocks.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

anime was right posted:

there was a period in i think the 80s to late 90s where All Food Got Bigger usually at the expense of quality. we are now unbiggening the food and raising the prices while lowering the quality all at once. it rocks.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Thank you Doomsday econ

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

lol the Big slam was 1 liter, which is pretty common now.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

anime was right posted:

I'm not actually sure they got bigger in the 90s? I feel like most food was generally the same size as far as I can remember all throughout the 90s.

but there was definitely a fad of "FATS = BAD! Cholesterol = BAD!" re-working and loading up with HFCS which has never been cheaper than it was in the 90s. also bulking up with air entrainment in foods and bags

also i guess there was a rise in bulk buying at Price Club (:c00l:) and Costco which had bigger packaging. Now Costco is down to like tiny grocery store portions from the early 00s.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I thought the issue was more “super-sizing” in fast food although I think large family sized boxes of cereal came from that era.

Fat was obviously a thing but big part of it is that people couldn’t figure out that never getting exercise because they commuted 3 hours a day and worked in a office was an issue. The modern gym phase was at the tail end of that era.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Jun 8, 2023

sobersally
Jun 8, 2023

KirbyKhan posted:

Thank you Doomsday econ

and then Doomsday econ picks up the rest or?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wonder how long the marketing team spent tweaking the angles of the letters in slam

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Slamming my pancreas bigly with a liter of sugar water

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Xaris posted:

I'm not actually sure they got bigger in the 90s? I feel like most food was generally the same size as far as I can remember all throughout the 90s.

they definitely did but it was part of a longer trend

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-building-factories-census-data-chips-act-inflation-reduction-act-2023-6

#winning

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Big beers are a relatively recent invention, malt liquor was initially marketed up-market to rich people when it came into existence and 40s didn't really come around until the 80s.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

A lot of those cheap junk foods are designed to bypass those fullness signals. Doritos for example are designed to melt in your mouth so your brain interprets them as a liquid and doesn't trigger a hunger response. All these foods are tailor made to get you to consume as much as possible

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Beached Whale posted:

A lot of those cheap junk foods are designed to bypass those fullness signals. Doritos for example are designed to melt in your mouth so your brain interprets them as a liquid and doesn't trigger a hunger response. All these foods are tailor made to get you to consume as much as possible

as I'm fond of pointing out, all else being equal a society full of people who eat 3,700 kal / day will have a higher gdp than a society of people who eat 2,700 kcal / day

sobersally
Jun 8, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

wonder how long the marketing team spent tweaking the angles of the letters in slam

sometimes you gotta spend a dollar

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hmmm ok, weird.

well i guess that's good, we're now returning to the old normal! americans are too fat so shrinkflation is actually good now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Glumwheels posted:

Something has to give soon, it’s just not sustainable

NUMBER
GO
UP
ONLY

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's all our fault.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1666900783692931105

haha, looks like the economy is fine, you doomer fucks. everyone in america has a job and a house and a wife and nobody is struggling. suck my dick lmaooo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ardennes posted:

I thought the issue was more “super-sizing” in fast food although I think large family sized boxes of cereal came from that era.

Fat was obviously a thing but big part of it is that people couldn’t figure out that never getting exercise because they commuted 3 hours a day and worked in a office was an issue. The modern gym phase was at the tail end of that era.

its not the products specifically got bigger (though i think they did), but rather an arms race in an introduction of larger sizes yeah.

a "family size" is now like, half a meal

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

cancel the Doomsday

Number is Winning.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Can't stand it, tired of winning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hmm the public doesn't want to fund this garbage so it's being paid for by the city's corporate sector? Interesting.