Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

If the bears had taken Shea McClellin at any place but in the first round, his career would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

sweet geek swag posted:

If the bears had taken Shea McClellin at any place but in the first round, his career would make a hell of a lot more sense.

look at the edges taken like right after him lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1666987699910107137

they really tried to murder Jay Cutler lol.

Did Jerry Angelo Know?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Looking at that bracket; I don't even remember Lamarr Houston existing. And I sadly used to defend Webb since he at least got playing time for a 7th rounder, which is impressive (in how bad all their other options were). Omiyale just stunk.

That '10 Bears-Giants game will always hold a special place in my heart. Was driving back from up north with a couple of friends, listening on the radio to Cutler just getting demolished over and over again.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1666895688733450260

Some of the names are bringing back just the worst memories lol.

I had almost managed to erase Chris Conte from my memory completely.

Still have a vivid memory of going to a game with my grandpa and him angrily shouting about rashaan SALAMI-HANDS after he filmed

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Jerry would have sold his soul for Jay Cutler to be great.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Looking at that bracket; I don't even remember Lamarr Houston existing. And I sadly used to defend Webb since he at least got playing time for a 7th rounder, which is impressive (in how bad all their other options were). Omiyale just stunk.

That '10 Bears-Giants game will always hold a special place in my heart. Was driving back from up north with a couple of friends, listening on the radio to Cutler just getting demolished over and over again.

NINE SACKS IN DA FIRST HALF

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If Stafford had the opportunity to play for the Lions with their current O-line and ability to establish the run, the Lions would probably have 2 rings minimum by this point.

But nope. The Lions told Stafford to go out there and just throw the ball 60 times a game, appreciate the 50 rushing yards per game his RB's got, and try to avoid being driven into the Earth's crust behind his ramshackle line of human turnstiles.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dexo posted:

NINE SACKS IN DA FIRST HALF

Doug Buffone was gone too soon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TO HELL WITH THE SUN

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Gonz posted:

If Stafford had the opportunity to play for the Lions with their current O-line and ability to establish the run, the Lions would probably have 2 rings minimum by this point.

But nope. The Lions told Stafford to go out there and just throw the ball 60 times a game, appreciate the 50 rushing yards per game his RB's got, and try to avoid being driven into the Earth's crust behind his ramshackle line of human turnstiles.

Well, if running didn’t work with barry,

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

TO HELL WITH THE SUN

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

trevorreznik posted:

Looking at that bracket; I don't even remember Lamarr Houston existing.

You really don't remember the man tearing his ACL while celebrating a sack down 50 points? Because I'll never forget that.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

Did Jerry Angelo Know?

They signed the corpse of Orlando Pace the same year they traded for cutler. Only lasted a season. He knew.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pontius Pilate posted:

Well, if running didn’t work with barry,

*recalls memories of the Lions QB situation during the Barry years*

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Gonz posted:

*recalls memories of the Lions QB situation during the Barry years*

Uhhhhhhhhhh

I’ve only half-watched a quarter of this while putzing, so not sure where the packers end up but feel like every other nfcn team fan will claim they’re ranked much too high: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMpm_-Aios

and i agree

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/fordfield/status/1666975604904787976

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Thank you for posting that picture of Dan Orlovsky :patriot:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1667199924310618118?s=20

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Is Jamo not going to try to appeal any games? The more I hear about it the more bullshit the story is.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I bet Calvin will be officially on staff in some capacity by this time next year.

I’m not convinced Jamo needs “help”, although some seem to be pushing a narrative that he does. I feel like he just needs to play. Dude had to come back from an injury year 1 which everyone knew about when he was drafted, and now he has this bullshit suspension. Just seems to be a bit of panic about him and his character that seems unfair to me, and might only be lifted when he can put a consistent run of games together.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's the offseason. People gotta make their content.

Sad thing is for Jamo the offseason is 6 weeks longer this year. It's gonna be a while before he can start shutting people up. Apparently he's been getting guff for liking a tweet? Sad poo poo.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

Is Jamo not going to try to appeal any games? The more I hear about it the more bullshit the story is.

He can't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions are apparently favorites to land Chase Young, which would finally correct the 2020 draft for me.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MJeff posted:

Lions are apparently favorites to land Chase Young, which would finally correct the 2020 draft for me.

gently caress's sake, Bears, you have cap space and glaring holes on the defensive line! Do something!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Timby posted:

gently caress's sake, Bears, you have cap space and glaring holes on the defensive line! Do something!

If they sign him, he will never recover from his injury.

Even if he does recover for them and is a DPOY level guy, and has an int, forced fumble, touchdown and knocks a QB out of the game, they'll still lose

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1667984136777203715

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
just had a random thought

jb pritzker, owner of da bears

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

"Why Kerby Joseph will regress in 2023 now that Aaron Rodgers is out of Green Bay"

Ok that's really funny though.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pontius Pilate posted:

just had a random thought

jb pritzker, owner of da bears

He's gonna make a presidential run at some point

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's gonna make a presidential run at some point

Will make the bears washington football team game all the more interesting (still not very)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1668261790524882945
Flashbacks to Barry clowning fools

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEMMQ8SBdqo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

Bears DL rips Packers fans: ‘Half of ’em don’t even know football’
Asked about star Aaron Rodgers leaving the rival Packers for the Jets this offseason, Bears defensive lineman Justin Jones launched into an attack on Green Bay’s fans Tuesday.

lmao
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/...-defensive-line

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ironically, neither does half the Bears franchise.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Okay trying to play a 27-10 loss in a positive light is way way funnier

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's true, I'd be surprised if most Packers fans knew of Justin Jones. I'd also be surprised if most Bears fans knew of him.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Adrian Amos signed with the jets. I wonder if Greenbay east will be as bad as cowboys north was. Anyone got odds on one of them attempting to be a drug kingpin?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's true, I'd be surprised if most Packers fans knew of Justin Jones. I'd also be surprised if most Bears fans knew of him.

bears fans know him as the guy they panic signed after their Big Free Agent failed his physical and he was very mediocre which made him by far the best player on the defensive line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

bears fans know him as the guy they panic signed after their Big Free Agent failed his physical and he was very mediocre which made him by far the best player on the defensive line