Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

im going to the formula e race, let's think of agood insult i can put on a sign that also wont get me removed

Tictum? More like rekt'um.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is the Canadian grand prix going to be shrouded in smoke or will it have cleared by then?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

Is the Canadian grand prix going to be shrouded in smoke or will it have cleared by then?

shrouded in smoked meat

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's Canadian Clean Air Day, enjoy some Canadian Clean Air

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

Depends on the winds, but probably going to be real hazy at the very least.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Sparks from the cars will ignite even more fires. :canada:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So who is worse, Ticktum or Ferruci?

Didn't Ferruci ram someone and then use his phone whilst driving a car during a practice session or some poo poo?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

So who is worse, Ticktum or Ferruci?

Didn't Ferruci ram someone and then use his phone whilst driving a car during a practice session or some poo poo?

lmao

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1016055952670420992?s=20

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Dudes rock

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
right out of sim racing, hell yea

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

On S2E5, and as much as it pains me to say this as a lifelong BMW fanboy, my favorite team so far is Mercedes and I really like Lewis Hamilton. All my American sports teams suck, so I don't feel bad about liking frontrunners in my Euro sports.

E: Other thoughts:
Feel bad for Gasly, seems like a good kid.
Holy poo poo, F1 reporters are RUTHLESS. A lot of American sports figures would either fight or start crying if they dealt with questions like this.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 8, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

On S2E5, and as much as it pains me to say this as a lifelong BMW fanboy, my favorite team so far is Mercedes and I really like Lewis Hamilton. All my American sports teams suck, so I don't feel bad about liking frontrunners in my Euro sports.

Holy poo poo, F1 reporters are RUTHLESS. A lot of American sports figures would either fight or start crying if they dealt with questions like this.

if you are american you are supposed to be a sarge's hero

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you should look up the last time BMW was in F1 lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Charles Leclerc posted:

Orange County Choppers?

Honestly, replace the choppers with superbikes, and yeah. My dad and I were talking poo poo about him and his overpriced shop with a track marshal while he was on track at Road America last weekend lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdBJ6KTiCA

I wouldn't call it "fiery" but this is one time that Lance's alien-attempting-human interviews was good.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The FIA Formula 1 World ChampionshipTM is a worldwide competition.

Gasly is great. Maybe not as a driver, but I like him a lot.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

I wouldn't call it "fiery" but this is one time that Lance's alien-attempting-human interviews was good.

It's crazy to me watching stuff like this. I'm used to Jim Boeheim being an rear end to student reporters over totally professional, fair questions. Meanwhile in F1.....

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arc Hammer posted:

If that interviewer is who I think it is (Dutch Viaplay bloke) he is always annoying and coming up with dumb questions, well done by Lance tbh.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

get in there

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charles Leclerc posted:

Ferrari's WEC programme only highlights what a poo poo show the F1 clownshow is.

The key here is if you want a Ferrari works program to be successful on no account let Ferrari run it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Man who’s going to tell him what happens to Mercedes? :ohdear:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Trying to pin down a race to go to later this year. Either deciding between Austin because it’s the most affordable, or Monza because Italy would be fun. Anyone been to COTA? How is it?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sunk Dunk posted:

Trying to pin down a race to go to later this year. Either deciding between Austin because it’s the most affordable, or Monza because Italy would be fun. Anyone been to COTA? How is it?

There's a big eagle that flies around there.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alaois posted:

Hell yeah Bobby Kube in a Sauber when they weren't poo poo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

If you can make it out to another country for a race you may as well for a vacation

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

If you can make it out to another country for a race you may as well for a vacation

And if you're a Ferrari fan you can totally David Carradine that poo poo.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Dudley posted:

The key here is if you want a Ferrari works program to be successful on no account let Ferrari run it.

You need to have the other Ferrari bloke run it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amato_Ferrari

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

Bobby Kube and Nick Heidfeld, the dream team...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I have this horrible feeling that Ferrari doing well at Le Mans means Are Jense isn't going to finish because of this loving monkey paw :smith:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-daniel-ricciardo-espn-canadian-gp/10480415/

motorsport.com posted:

Ricciardo will join Toronto-born comedian Will Arnett for the Montreal race and similar broadcasts of the Austin and Las Vegas races later in the year.

Lol what the hell is this

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the us know swhat it wants

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

I have this horrible feeling that Ferrari doing well at Le Mans means Are Jense isn't going to finish because of this loving monkey paw :smith:

I don't think the Ferrari hypercar drivers have been dumb with traffic, there's more worry for the NASCAR G56 car from GT-Am Ferraris IMO. or bronze P2 drivers.

Le Mans is this weekend, y'all should try and watch, it's like Remembering Some Guys for F1 fans. and Ferrari legit might win overall.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

Was bobby kube in the Sauber in 2008 when he had that insane accident in Montreal? That's like the only thing I remember from his career.

harperdc posted:

I don't think the Ferrari hypercar drivers have been dumb with traffic, there's more worry for the NASCAR G56 car from GT-Am Ferraris IMO. or bronze P2 drivers.

Le Mans is this weekend, y'all should try and watch, it's like Remembering Some Guys for F1 fans. and Ferrari legit might win overall.

Looking at the formula E roster has some big Remembering Some Guys vibes too

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

harperdc posted:

how do you watch it, is it on youtube??

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if you're in the us it will be on the motortrend channel (probably with commercials) or you can sign up for a free trial of motortrend+ and they have a bunch of streaming options including some in-car cameras etc. i've been watching the practices. le mans owns

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ugh. I'd rather hear from jacques.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i mean it's alternate coverage. just dont tune in!!!!!!!!!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

how do you watch it, is it on youtube??

I usually find a stream on youtube and play the Radio Le Mans stream in the background for commentary

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Alaois posted:

When I'm home this weekend I'll look for the Sauber BMW shirt I bought at the race in 2007. I'm sure I still have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

max is a cheating whiny baby but ticktum should literally be in prison
Verstappen is the good Ticktum