Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, I've sorted out a ride or die team of 6 primary characters

Gepard
FireMC
Jing Yuan
Seele
Natasha (E6!)
Tingyun

In your opinions, what two or three five-stars would be the best fit for that? Bronya seems obvious. Need another healer for sure, be it Bailu if I pull her or Luocha. I feel like the ideal is to have like 10 ride or die max level characters that have good coverage. Welt would be good because I literally don't have any nihility characters or imaginary characters (obviously), and I have a near-perfect 5-star relic waiting for him. Blade would help cover wind damage. Any options I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

acumen posted:

What characters are you using? Level/LC/relics/traces all maxed? Path?

Generally SU is tuned so that all stages are beatable as soon as you have access to them, though the highest one may take a bit of luck with the blessings. Until your characters are 70 at least, at that point you can kinda steamroll everything. Hard to recommend strategy if you don't know the characters though. When I did that the first time I planned my (hunt) resonance usage around his shield, and got a bunch of resets off of the adds.

Seele, Himeko, Gepard, Welt, and Bronya (unbuilt) for 5 stars, most or all 4 stars (Natasha, March, Pela at 60, a few more at 50). I usually run some combo of Seele, Tingyun, some shields or heals, and something to break the bosses weakness. I'll have EL4 in a few days. It's just weird that I can auto SU4-2, 5-1, and 6-1 but multiple tries at 3-2 all fail, sometimes at the second elite.

E: tried abundance for 3-2 multiple times, most recently with damage spread and virtually every damage prevention option picked but my Natasha was low on HP and eventually died then lost the rest.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

As bad as your day might be, it's not as bad as the day this trotter is having.

Aquila posted:

Seele, Himeko, Gepard, Welt, and Bronya (unbuilt) for 5 stars, most or all 4 stars (Natasha, March, Pela at 60, a few more at 50). I usually run some combo of Seele, Tingyun, some shields or heals, and something to break the bosses weakness. I'll have EL4 in a few days. It's just weird that I can auto SU4-2, 5-1, and 6-1 but multiple tries at 3-2 all fail, sometimes at the second elite.

E: tried abundance for 3-2 multiple times, most recently with damage spread and virtually every damage prevention option picked but my Natasha was low on HP and eventually died then lost the rest.

I almost beat 3-2 at level 50 with none of those power hitters. Preservation path with Fire TB/Nat/Seele/Tingyun should make it a piece of cake.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Silver Wolf is absurd. Simply slotting her into my SU team instead of Bronya (FMC, Natasha, SW, Sushang) had me breezing through SU 4-3 5-2 and 6-2 back to back. Her def shred and weakness implanting makes it a no-brainer to run abundance and be effectively immortal, while still dealing lots of damage.

It's particularly hilarious when you get the (nihility?) bonus that spreads breaks to adjacent enemies and stack that with the increased weakness efficiency one. I think my Sushang went 7 times in a row during that fight.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

JT Jag posted:

So, I've sorted out a ride or die team of 6 primary characters

Gepard
FireMC
Jing Yuan
Seele
Natasha (E6!)
Tingyun

In your opinions, what two or three five-stars would be the best fit for that? Bronya seems obvious. Need another healer for sure, be it Bailu if I pull her or Luocha. I feel like the ideal is to have like 10 ride or die max level characters that have good coverage. Welt would be good because I literally don't have any nihility characters or imaginary characters (obviously), and I have a near-perfect 5-star relic waiting for him. Blade would help cover wind damage. Any options I'm missing?

Silver Wolf is really good. Even besides her weakness creation gimmick working well with Seele and/or any time you have two of the same element on a team (Jing Yuan and Tingyun, for example,) she also does other strong debuffs, pretty good damage, pretty good break, and her technique can start battles with effectively one big weakness hit on everything whether it's weak to Quantum or not.

Plus she's cool.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What, specifically, are people doing to make any progress in MoC without Bailu? I can't even beat stage 3. It seems like none of the existing Preservation characters can keep a party alive through two whole miniboss fights on their own. The Trailblazer's shields are too small, Gepard doesn't have enough uptime, and March can't protect the whole party at once.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

As bad as your day might be, it's not as bad as the day this trotter is having.

I almost beat 3-2 at level 50 with none of those power hitters. Preservation path with Fire TB/Nat/Seele/Tingyun should make it a piece of cake.

yeah I was very close at 50 too, I think a few people here pulled it off at the time. I used Hunt though, party would've been fireMC/Seele/Welt/Nat

FractalSandwich posted:

What, specifically, are people doing to make any progress in MoC without Bailu? I can't even beat stage 3. It seems like none of the existing Preservation characters can keep a party alive through two whole miniboss fights on their own. The Trailblazer's shields are too small, Gepard doesn't have enough uptime, and March can't protect the whole party at once.

fireMC+M7 are what I'm using for my second team, but I also have Welt. His slows/imprison help mitigate some damage too

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

FractalSandwich posted:

if you make a real set of defense gear for fireMC, should be able to cover one side by herself. And keep your healer on the otherside.
MoC is definitely when you really need to invest some energy and time in getting a halfway decent set.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've yet to get my rear end past FH14, mostly out of laziness and not really caring.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I basically feel myself waiting til Kafka so then I have a big carry (Seele/Kafka) on each side. I could easily do it now but eh. I prefer going in when I feel I have two teams I want to use rather than forcing myself to scrabble. Also only one 'team' worth of chars is even remotely built for me.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My 15 clear was a tad slow so I haven't bothered trying MoC yet.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm running into these lost trotters like every 1/2 or 1/3 battles, which is kind of annoying because the AI is definitely really bad at knowing it should go for instead of the bats because they will die instantly

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Eimi posted:

I basically feel myself waiting til Kafka so then I have a big carry (Seele/Kafka) on each side. I could easily do it now but eh. I prefer going in when I feel I have two teams I want to use rather than forcing myself to scrabble. Also only one 'team' worth of chars is even remotely built for me.

This is where I'm at too, FH/MoC just looks like a big stat check and forcing myself to clear it with underleveled units just sounds miserable for not that much reward in the end, and I don't really want to level units I know I'm not gonna use long-term purely for the sake of clearing MoCs early. It's only a couple patches' worth of jades lost until I get my Blade team and my Kafka team set up and I'll just deal with it until then.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Didn't get SW with the 30 free pulls I had saved up and decided to bite the gacha bullet and spent bux for a 10 roll and got her twice for the E1 lol. Playing the lottery tomorrow or something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I have FH down but don't have enough strong teams to start MoC. Guess with Bailu I can start though I need to farm more relics and trace mats

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm using Bailu on one side, but she could very easily be nat. As for the other side, I'm using gepard with defense 4pc set and ornament sets. With Def% on orb and chest, speed boots and regen rope. Using Day one as his LC, though I was using wildfire for the longest time till I pulled it a few days ago. He's 60/70 with a level 7 ult, level 4 basic and level 3 talent and skill. Cleared up to MoC 5 2*, and he's (and bailu/nat) are not the issues for getting cleared through MoC 6, my undergeared sushang is.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The first few floors of MoC aren't really hard and if you can unlock MoC in the first place you can almost definitely handle at least MoC 1 or 2.

It scales up pretty rapidly, but MoC 1 is pretty simple.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kanos posted:

It scales up pretty rapidly, but MoC 1 is pretty simple.

a moc-ery if you will

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

FractalSandwich posted:

My understanding is a built Gepard can go quite deep into MoC without a healer. Currently in the process of testing this out.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah Silver Wolf is really making things so much easier. Sorry Tingyun but being able to consistently break enemies is making battles go by faster than your powerful buffs. I think she'd only seem a tad disappointing if you already had Welt maybe? But I don't have him so it works.

Meowywitch posted:

by the way I don't think we have a honkai impact third thread but Sirin aka Kiana Kaslana K-423 is an epic character and I'd like to see her, or a take on her in this game

don't click that box if you're not finished with honkai 3rd's story btw, or if you care about experiencing the story yourself

Honestly love Sirin and her progression throughout 3rd, learning that her earlier ditzy personality was mostly her trying to make herself endearing to others since deep down she's a depressed lonely girl with a split personality that could wipe out humanity, who is self-sacrificial to a fault being raised as a Kaslana and needed to painfully learn that her life matters to her friends too.

I'd actually love to discuss 3rd more but yeah, this is the only Honkai related thread on the forums as far as I can tell.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
My main issue with MoC is DPS. Seele is my carrier so whatever team she's on slaps through the first boss then the next team just burns slowly through my turns so I 0 star it. I'll need some more Hunt chars for team 2 (guess I could use Dan Heng or Sushang)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to clear Forgotten Hall through level 11. Team 1 was March, Nat, Serval and Sampo. Team 2 was Fireblazer, Welt, Sushang and Asta. Everyone is at level 50, the enemies were at 55.

It honestly went pretty well. I'm going to switch Fireblazer and Nat for level 12 just to see how I like it.

Believe it or not, my main DPS on both teams are my Nihility characters. I've been blessed with a number of excellent light cones for them that I honestly have a difficult time choosing which one is the best. I even have a copy of In the Name of the World and an e2 Welt and e3 Sampo. They are bonkers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This company seems to make a poo poo load of money

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you have e1 Sushang, definitely use her. She's basically Seele light at that point and you can use her skill twice and pop her ultimate for the cost of 1 skill point.

I still prefer Asta over Tingyun. Party wide speed buff and a party wide attack buff, plus she's an excellent firebreaker. But I'm also trying double dps strategies instead of a hard carry. And and, I'm still in FH. I might change my mind once I hit MoC.

I might need to use Jing Yuan over Serval. Is an e0 Jing better than an e3 Serval?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MarcusSA posted:

This company seems to make a poo poo load of money

That's a crazy profit to revenue ratio, drat.

Also hey, Echo of War is playing the right music now. :toot:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

an e0 5 star is almost always going to be better than any 4 stars. maybe an e6 4 star can sometimes get to the same level if built way up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tatsuta Age posted:

an e0 5 star is almost always going to be better than any 4 stars. maybe an e6 4 star can sometimes get to the same level if built way up
most of the 4* cast is competitive with the 5* cast tbh. jing yuan does more damage upfront than serval but serval will have more synergy with kafka when she comes out

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

I wouldn't really go that far - Dan Heng and Sushang are both competitive with 5* dps even at low e#'s and Tingyun might be more universally useful than Bronya. Light Cone can also make a big difference but imo the biggest thing at this point is how invested they are since resources are finite unless you've been blowing lots of money on refreshes and stuff. A maxed out e0 level 70 Sushang will be way stronger than a level 60 e6 Seele with her LC.

All other things being equal I'd be taking JY over Serval any day though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dan heng's damage is actually slightly higher than yanqing's at equivalent investment, yanqing's big advantage is all the free stats he gets meaning that at low investment/weaker relics hes way better

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

True enough. Looking into it, Jing Yuan would force me into a hard carry strat. It's an option if I hit a wall.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

What is a Tycoon game doing in my JRPG gacha :lmao:

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I managed 6 stars last cycle and 9 stars this cycle in MoC without Bailu/Gepard. I've had most luck running solo March on side 1 and Natasha/TB on side 2 - also getting a little healing between side 1 fights from a high refine We Are Wildfire cone. This generally makes side 1 an extremely sketchy dps race where I might need to retry if aggro goes wrong, but when I get through that I can be confident that side 2 wont screw things up.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

What is a Tycoon game doing in my JRPG gacha :lmao:

I got a good laugh at ruining Serval's resume.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I got SW in one 10-pull, and have over 150 more pulls saved up. My hourly mantra is "pulling for eidolons is stupid." I must stay strong!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i got to 15/15 to stage 5 MoC

but MoC6+ is the next big wall/difficulty spike
instead of two single battles on each side.
its one on each side, but you have to do a 3/3 wave on each side. Was still able to split my tank and healer on each team. But now gonna really want a tank and healer on each one.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

drat, they really did not have to go so hard on this museum tycoon event

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well looks like I have E1 Sushang and an E3 Dan. I'll likely favor Sushang since I have Sampo for Wind breaks. I think I've 2 MoC Teams good to go:

1. E4 Fire MC, E4 Natasha, E2 Sampo, E0 Seele
2. E0 Welt, E0 Bailu, E1 Sushang and E6 Asta?

I also have:
E3 Tingyun
E2 Serval
E3 March7
E3 Dan
E0 Qingque
E6 Herta
E1 Pela

I can also swap out Sampo for Ting in T1 to boost Seele even more but she shreds

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

drat, they really did not have to go so hard on this museum tycoon event
Their event philosophy has been very different from Genshin so far, putting limited-time rewards on new permanent content instead of having a huge and completely temporary "flagship event" in every patch.

I'm not sure if this is their long-term strategy, or if it's a stopgap thing while they're all hands on deck finishing the Luofu story, but I much prefer it this way.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

GateOfD posted:

i got to 15/15 to stage 5 MoC

but MoC6+ is the next big wall/difficulty spike
instead of two single battles on each side.
its one on each side, but you have to do a 3/3 wave on each side. Was still able to split my tank and healer on each team. But now gonna really want a tank and healer on each one.

From that point every moc stage has a massive difficulty increase, 7-1 and 8-2 are both insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

m.hache posted:

Well looks like I have E1 Sushang and an E3 Dan. I'll likely favor Sushang since I have Sampo for Wind breaks. I think I've 2 MoC Teams good to go:

1. E4 Fire MC, E4 Natasha, E2 Sampo, E0 Seele
2. E0 Welt, E0 Bailu, E1 Sushang and E6 Asta?

I also have:
E3 Tingyun
E2 Serval
E3 March7
E3 Dan
E0 Qingque
E6 Herta
E1 Pela

I can also swap out Sampo for Ting in T1 to boost Seele even more but she shreds

On team 1, bringing Tingyun in place of your sub-DPS can also help keep your skill point consumption under control, if you find that to be a problem. Otherwise looking good. Glad people are coming around on Asta, I think she's great - and synergiezes well with Sampo for a Nihility SU team since her basic inflicts burn