Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Top two moments of the SGF show:

2. The FF7R2 trailer

1. The DoorDash joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Terper posted:

Top two moments of the SGF show:

2. The FF7R2 trailer

1. The DoorDash joke

God the doordash joke was pure loving gold.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah it was a real "A" showcase all right... "A" piece of crap!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the fact that it's at "B" is insane. Legit thought it was one of the worst large-scale game presentations I ever saw if we lump it into previous E3s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DLC Inc posted:

the fact that it's at "B" is insane. Legit thought it was one of the worst large-scale game presentations I ever saw if we lump it into previous E3s

I gotta support my good friend Geoff

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

i liked the first game, i liked the last game and i've forgotten everything else in between.

Solid event.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’d give it a B. There was some decent stuff there and it was fairly brisk as these things have gone in the past.

It’s not entirely comparable to anything at old E3s but I think people might be romanticizing those a bit. They were frequently average at best. These days the AA/indie stuff is frequently very good at least.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People will finally have to start admitting that the embarrassing floor shows were an invaluable element to the E3 experience. You mocked them and now boring trailers are all you get.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I just got an email saying there will be Stormgate gameplay on the PC game show. I doubt that's a surprise to anyone but hey it's nice to know something I care about will be there.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

People will finally have to start admitting that the embarrassing floor shows were an invaluable element to the E3 experience. You mocked them and now boring trailers are all you get.

The hype was always the build up, the memes, the dumb poo poo, the reports from the show floor, the shows afterwards that only really came together because everyone in the industry was in the same place for a week.

We now have none of that except rolling commercials, and it turns out they're the shittest bit.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but the Access-Ability Summer Showcase 2023 is on.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1666822396584796167

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tribeca helpfully reminding everyone that they are a film festival first and foremost before getting to the games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao this game studio is explaining what a co-op is

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

tribeca helpfully reminding everyone that they are a film festival first and foremost before getting to the games
last year Tribeca charged people money to play time-limited demos of games that just showed up in the Next Fest a couple of weeks later, lol

i can't watch this one live because it's slightly outside of my schedule, so I posted my recap in the Steam thread early, based solely on the festival's Steam landing page and their own website. if it's inaccurate or they announced some other stuff I'll go back later and fix it.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 9, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tri-bleh-ca

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh my god lol. this game started as another one of those obnoxious ironic dating sims and evolved into this... which doesn't look much better lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
all french games look like the most french thing
e: that being said it does look v cool. chants of sennar

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 9, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
stray gods looks neat and i like the sandman vibes but, its not the type of musical music i like :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

stray gods looks neat and i like the sandman vibes but, its not the type of musical music i like :(
yea, the music was too held back and reserved, it honestly felt more like a band doing an album than a series of musical numbers.

i agree about chants of senaar, as a Heaven's Vault fan I do like games about deciphering languages and it looks pretty.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Not watching it, I'm on XVI blackout until release, but I'm psyked for Alex that he has got to work with Soken.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Give us the demo you cowards.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've already typed up the Steam thread recap post for tomorrow morning's Future of Play Direct and Wholesome Direct (not Future Gaming Show yet) but i'm holding on to it for now. there's going to be like 90 trailers between the two events, though there will be some crossover (and games from Guerilla Collective/DOTD showing up again) so it's not all new. But there's a lot of stuff that hasn't been seen this week. Some from past Wholesome Directs, some that have been on my wishlist, some I've never heard of. At least one game has confirmed they're announcing a release date during Wholesome Direct, others have implied an announcement of that scale, but many will remain TBA as is the case with games from brand new studios or bedroom developers.

what i'm hoping for personally is a release window for Psychroma, which will be during the Future of Play Direct and looked sick the last time it was shown. I'll mention that the Future of Play Direct has a lot of variety going on because I structured my recap post to pair two games/screenshots together and it was really difficult to do that with the FoP event, while it was a lot easier with the Wholesome Direct. also, far fewer life sims than you'd think! I counted only.. four I think? no shortage of cozy/conflict-free games in the Wholesome Direct however.

1 minesweeper roguelite, 1 horror game, 1 language learning game, 1 snowboarding game, 2 3D platformers, 2 VNs, 2 automation games, 4 life sims, several roguelites, several survival games, quite a few narrative games, a couple of Metroidvanias, some cooking, some gardening, puzzles, trains, and a game based on a recreation of Miiverse. see you tomorrow!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 10, 2023

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I said come in! posted:

Give us the demo you cowards.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

future of play starring weird CG vtuber in a few minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03WtP_HZ1Co

followed by wholesome direct an hour from now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHPF2g1HyLs

these vids are ads but also premieres? so they should segue into the stream when they start, i think??? if not i'll update

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
big fan of future of play describing their thing as a "toonami inspired showcase" in their youtube description

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

drat Yasuke looked a lot better in motion than in the stills on the steam page

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The 7th Guest posted:

drat Yasuke looked a lot better in motion than in the stills on the steam page

too bad about whoever they got to mix the audio tho. i understood like 30% of what was said in that trailer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finally a game that understands what people want out of a trailer: confirmation there is a fishing mini game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh look out its the baba yaga..!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

base building is a huge commonality in games this week

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh lmao i forgot about playdate

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What's the schedule of whatever is happening today?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso posted:

What's the schedule of whatever is happening today?

future of play right now, wholesome games right after, then future gaming show after that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a LOT of release date announcements today which is nice to see

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
isn't bumpslash combat just the older ys games... why is this revolutionary?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

isn't... bumpslash combat just the older ys games... why are they calling it revolutionary?
i think they're being ironic. they've said before it's inspired by Ys

cant wait for it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The 7th Guest posted:

i think they're being ironic. they've said before it's inspired by Ys

cant wait for it

it does look neat but they shouldn't troll me like that >:I !!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait was that a game where you fly around to different vineyards in a plane to get stuff to brew alcohol? thats potentially cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok, wasn't expecting that to be so short. Wholesome Direct is in 30 minutes then