Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

“Ever since COVID” lmfao

liberals at least pretended that kids were there to get educated before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

liberals at least pretended that kids were there to get educated before

Pennsylvania's state government has been quite clear for some time that we shouldn't waste money on kids who are on the McDonald's Career Track!

https://networkforpubliceducation.org/blog-content/laura-boyce-kids-on-the-supposed-mcdonalds-track-are-living-in-a-rigged-system/

State lawmakers haven’t really tried to claim the funding system provides equitable resources. Instead, they’ve resorted to blaming poor students for inferior outcomes and questioning whether they really need comprehensive education. When discussing disparities in resources and outcomes between high- and low-wealth districts, a lawyer for House Speaker Bryan Cutler said “some students are better equipped to take advantage of opportunities offered or perhaps are more industrious.” A lawyer for Senate President Pro Tempore Jake Corman asked a rural superintendent, “What use would someone on the McDonald’s career track have for Algebra 1?” before concluding, “There’s a need for retail workers, for people who know how to flip a pizza crust.”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Florida in which the capitalist class, caught up in being anti-immigration, realize this might be bad for their businesses that rely heavily on immigrants

https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1666846150219931649?s=46&t=pNldmjaPbwK7Jf44h_hOow

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

numerrik posted:

Witcher season 3 was announced yesterday

with a new actor for geralt, lol :golfclap:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

with a new actor for geralt, lol :golfclap:

netflix puts it is

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pennsylvania's state government has been quite clear for some time that we shouldn't waste money on kids who are on the McDonald's Career Track!

https://networkforpubliceducation.org/blog-content/laura-boyce-kids-on-the-supposed-mcdonalds-track-are-living-in-a-rigged-system/

State lawmakers haven’t really tried to claim the funding system provides equitable resources. Instead, they’ve resorted to blaming poor students for inferior outcomes and questioning whether they really need comprehensive education. When discussing disparities in resources and outcomes between high- and low-wealth districts, a lawyer for House Speaker Bryan Cutler said “some students are better equipped to take advantage of opportunities offered or perhaps are more industrious.” A lawyer for Senate President Pro Tempore Jake Corman asked a rural superintendent, “What use would someone on the McDonald’s career track have for Algebra 1?” before concluding, “There’s a need for retail workers, for people who know how to flip a pizza crust.”

Now Former House Speaker Bryan Cutler, a fact which he is very upset about

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Florida in which the capitalist class, caught up in being anti-immigration, realize this might be bad for their businesses that rely heavily on immigrants

https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/1666846150219931649?s=46&t=pNldmjaPbwK7Jf44h_hOow

lmao is the strategy really to say that its just a political bill and that the workers shouldnt worry about it? lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Xaris posted:

this is actually wrong. Carvana sells used cars at a huge markup but they put it on an app with a vending machine for antisocial nerds to way overspend on a used car because its a one-click-app-buy-it-now experience. turns out you can massively jack up prices if it's on an app.

conversely they also overpaid big time for used cars, sight unseen. just like dropping $16k for a 2004 lovely used tacoma or something with a broken transmission writ large. tons of people made bank selling them their 00s shitbox that barely runs and carvana just cuts them five-figure checks without blinking.
i got really lucky and bought from them in october 2020

their prices were slightly below what i would find i my local market (nyc)

i knew exactly what car i wanted, so it was super easy. got dirt cheap financing that i used to lighten the load and paid off two years later

carvana was, for a minute, very worthwhile. especially for me since i didn't have a car to go around to lots or whatever

(they offered a couple times in that period to buy the car back for more than i paid lol)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i got an idea, let's take our show that's about the main character's rippling abs and gigantic delts and replace the actor with someone who isn't literally superman

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

i got an idea, let's take our show that's about the main character's rippling abs and gigantic delts and replace the actor with someone who isn't literally superman

ya it’s really dumb. I think it’s getting canned now bc no one is going to watch it without Superman

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

I get bronchitis and a tingly right lung from smoking weed now thanks to a "mild" COVID infection in January :smith:

Should have only ever trusted your respirator...

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

FlapYoJacks posted:

gently caress Reddit. Their official app is awful, their format is awful, and their upvote system is awful.
The entire thing is just a way for governments and corporations to psyop you now. Eat poo poo, Reddit, and I hope it dies in a year. Forums 4 lyfe.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
i mean cavill has reportedly been working on a warhammer show, so i'll take that any day over witcher

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i mean cavill has reportedly been working on a warhammer show, so i'll take that any day over witcher

vile

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Egg Moron posted:

The Witcher should have just been monster of the week every week and it would have been gold

Needed way more high fantasy pest exterminator stuff ya

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hopefully cavill's show explains the biology and culture of da orks

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh dang who could have foreseen this?

lol crypto hedge fund

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Stealing from crypto-nerds and the rich is praxis.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Stealing from crypto-nerds and the rich is praxis.

when you are also a crypto-nerd and the rich, i am not sure this is true

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

our billionaires are so lame

https://twitter.com/Tobin_Tweets/status/1667205595823210496

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Only 130 off from the hee-larious weed number, idiot.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

when you are also a crypto-nerd and the rich, i am not sure this is true

If they steal from the rich, then there are fewer rich for the guillotine.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

just got this from carvana lol (2011 bougie brand wagon)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

actionjackson posted:

just got this from carvana lol (2011 bougie brand wagon)

Yeah their model has caused a bunch of 5+ year old cars cars to depreciate 50% or more in a whole year, it's hilarious.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

netflix puts it is

Cavill is still in for season 3, Netflix set to rip later this month!!!

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1667143505586651142

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Wrap it up NFLX putailures

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Netflix is the first streaming service I'd cut... if I paid for it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

idk i'd hesitate to put this on the password sharing crackdown and not the premiere of the 3rd season of ITYSL

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yep. Knew this would happen

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MilkRoadDaily/status/1667213136900833292

this is good for bitcoin

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I'm cutting Netflix this month. I don't watch it, and the people mooching off my account aren't important enough to me to make one of them the "home" location of a zombie account.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Another USD->Crypto onramp bites the dust

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

the best money we've ever had

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

all those sports sponsorships tho ??

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Someone I knew in college became a "crypto broker".

She did this like, last month lol. I thought she got hacked at first but no she's serious. Talk about late to the party.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Needed way more high fantasy pest exterminator stuff ya

tbf that was a flaw of the books too

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

I literally don’t believe this, as in I literally believe this is some kind of ponzi scheme enron reddit counterintelligence style fraud. sources cited: lol and lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
i believe everything about the us economy is actually and literally like those anti north korea propaganda videos