Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I just pulled Silver Wolf and am farming for mats and leveling her as we speak, but I'm wondering about team comps. Right now I pretty much run Seele / Bronya / Tingyun / Bailu for almost everything regardless of weaknesses.

I'm thinking about swapping out Bronya for SW which would give me only Quantum / Lightning for her weakness possibilities, but takes away the ever useful "Give your buffed seele an extra turn" button so I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

My 2nd team has generally has been Fire MC / Sushang / Nat (e6) / Pela but I'm much less built out and invested in any of these characters. I'd probably go Sushang / Bronya / Nat / Pela for the same sort of team 2 comp with a DPS / a buffer / a defense shredder / a healer I guess? Or swap out Sushang for Dan Heng.

I could also leave my main team as is and put Silver Wolf into a new 2nd team and run like Nat / Sushang / Physical TB or Qingque / Silver Wolf? I'm assuming you want to minimize your character elements on her team to ensure you get good weaknesses from Silver Wolf.

Anyone have opinions on the better option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'd probably drop Tingyun, actually. Defense reduction scales better and better the more you have, and if you've got Seele on Genius of Brilliant Stars, Silver Wolf's crazy defense shredding pushes her closer to zero defense.

That still lets you feed her oodles of turns with Bronya.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Kyrosiris posted:

I'd probably drop Tingyun, actually. Defense reduction scales better and better the more you have, and if you've got Seele on Genius of Brilliant Stars, Silver Wolf's crazy defense shredding pushes her closer to zero defense.

That still lets you feed her oodles of turns with Bronya.

My only logic to keeping Tingyun over Bronya is that her and Bailu are both lightning, but if that is not a huge deal I do love my extra turns.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Right I’m facing a similar dilemma. Was leaning more towards Seele, SW, Bailu, Tingyun to limit weakness implant to just lightning and quantum.

But bronya’s extra turns are definitely nice so it’s a tough choice for a generalist team.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Sushang has better skill point economy than Seele (especially if you get her E1), and she also burns through buffs a lot faster than Seele. Because of those two factors I'd definitely pair them as Bronya+Sushang and Seele+Ting.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Substandard posted:

My only logic to keeping Tingyun over Bronya is that her and Bailu are both lightning, but if that is not a huge deal I do love my extra turns.

I've been using SW in three and even four color teams and it hasn't really been an issue for me.

Remember, she won't inject something that already exists natively. If you're going against a target that's Wind/Lightning weak, she'll only stick Quantum.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

If you're talking about taking on bosses or challenging content then it makes sense to tailor the comp to reduce rng for SW applying weakness. If you're talking about a general walking around comp then I wouldn't take bronya or tingyun because neither of them can autobattle for poo poo.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tatsuta Age posted:

an e0 5 star is almost always going to be better than any 4 stars. maybe an e6 4 star can sometimes get to the same level if built way up

Natasha e6 feels like an upgrade to bailu mostly for the debuff clear and better NA. In terms of pure healing bailu might be better, I dunno how the math works out

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

hit button posted:

If you're talking about a general walking around comp then I wouldn't take bronya or tingyun because neither of them can autobattle for poo poo.

What does your Bronya do that you don't like? I've never had an issue with her auto. Tingyun does gently caress up and buff twice sometimes though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bailu's big advantage over natasha is that her invigoration mechanic means she can heal people without having to spend sp.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Just beat SU3-3 for the first time after struggling repeatedly on it - SW/Seele/Nat/Clara (so just quantum/physical - and Gepard is already weak to physical so SW auto adds quantum weakness). Went abundance blessing and finally hit that nice combo of blessings to do it. Previously tried the same comp with nihility and just didn't have enough survivability. I think this may be my walking-around comp for now (previously was Tingyun/Seele/M7/Clara). Really liking SW - have her up to 70 with the event light cone at S5 and level 70 but with kind of garbo relics and traces only at like level four.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

DemonMage posted:

What does your Bronya do that you don't like? I've never had an issue with her auto. Tingyun does gently caress up and buff twice sometimes though.

Same, my walking around team used to just be Seele, Bronya, Tingyun & Bailu and for the most part they behave. Bronya throws all her turns at Seele and tingyun USUALLY buffs Seele. Occasionally she throws it into bailu though. But for auto it’s been competent enough for me tbh

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Bailu is also just generally more focused on survivability through her traces and her ult giving you heals as a reaction to taking damage.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The difference between an auto that takes (e.g.) ten seconds and one that takes fifteen seconds is exactly nil to my enjoyment of the game, so yeah I'm never going to prioritize that when crafting a team.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I had a Bailu

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Substandard posted:

Both Bailu and Tingyun have minimal ability to break toughness, so running the two of them with Silver Wolf without a third Lightning character makes getting Lightning weakness from Silver Wolf's skill a bit of a dud. Right now, trying to force synergy with the weakness implant can be a bit questionable if you don't have the right characters built, but in the long term, there will definitely be much better pairs of units to run with Silver Wolf.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cranky corvid posted:

Both Bailu and Tingyun have minimal ability to break toughness, so running the two of them with Silver Wolf without a third Lightning character makes getting Lightning weakness from Silver Wolf's skill a bit of a dud. Right now, trying to force synergy with the weakness implant can be a bit questionable if you don't have the right characters built, but in the long term, there will definitely be much better pairs of units to run with Silver Wolf.
i think theyre saying that

silver wolf/seele/tingyun/bailu would be 50% chance to implant quantum weakness if an enemy isnt weak to quantum or electricity

silver wolf/seele/bronya/bailu would be 33% chance to implant quantum weakness if an enemy isnt weak to quantum/wind/electricity

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

DemonMage posted:

She uses her skill when there's only one skill point remaining, so the buffed person can't use their skill. The way she just eats skill points is something the autobattle ai doesn't understand, so it won't save up for the devastating turns that makes her so strong.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What fights do you auto that need big attacks, though?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Endorph posted:

i think theyre saying that

silver wolf/seele/tingyun/bailu would be 50% chance to implant quantum weakness if an enemy isnt weak to quantum or electricity

silver wolf/seele/bronya/bailu would be 33% chance to implant quantum weakness if an enemy isnt weak to quantum/wind/electricity

Yeah that was the idea. I'm not sure how much it matters. Seele is the only real damage dealer on the team so anything that gives a higher chance of quantum weakness is preferable. Mono Quantum would be the best but there are no quantum healers or buffers at this point.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

silvergoose posted:

What fights do you auto that need big attacks, though?

All the SU bosses

It's worked out though so I can't say I've had any problems.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
About to hit trailblazer 60 and trying to figure out what two teams to focus on.

I'm leaning towards:

Seele/Bronya/FireMC/Natasha
SW/Tingyun/Jing Yuan/Baliu

I also have Clara, Welt, and the other 4*s

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I will always push for Welt but Bronya and SW are both good too. Depends who has the best LCs if you're that set up

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I've been using SW in three and even four color teams and it hasn't really been an issue for me.

Remember, she won't inject something that already exists natively. If you're going against a target that's Wind/Lightning weak, she'll only stick Quantum.

I forget which Youtuber I was watching (Guoba Certified maybe?), but they brought a good point. The idea is to bring SW + carry, and then swap your supports around into elements the enemies are already weak to. Or rather, rainbow teams are fine, just make sure you don't bring supports in new elements that your enemies aren't weak to.

That way you can guarantee that SW will always implant your carry's element (or Quantum) so that her implant isn't 'wasted'. You just need to swap your supports in and out depending on the fight (which can be completely rotation-changing, yes). She's not nearly as team comp limiting as people initially make it out to be.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, she can do rainbow flexibly but the issue is just having the right characters/enough raised to do that in any situation. Currently could be difficult, but something that only improves with time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Tatsuta Age posted:

an e0 5 star is almost always going to be better than any 4 stars. maybe an e6 4 star can sometimes get to the same level if built way up

This is objectively not true in the current version of the game, because the 4* characters are generally extremely good. *E0* Dan Heng actually outdamages E0 Jing Yuan and E0 Yanqing on pure single target assuming that you have a buffer to keep Dan Heng's talent up. Dan Heng also pulls ahead of E0 Seele by the time he gets his E3 in raw single target numbers(assuming neither of them is using In The Night, because with that cone Seele's insane speed will pull her ahead a bit). Hook and Sushang aren't far behind, either.

4*s are absolutely worth investment and unless the power creep accelerates significantly that will continue to be the case.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 9, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They are also roughly 1.5 times cheaper to invest in. Except for the relics, but you can swap those around anyway to some extent.

technolizard
May 19, 2013
I can't figure out quite what I'm doing wrong, but I'm having so much trouble beating SU 3, just the first one. Gepard keeps kicking my rear end. Team for the moment is SW / Bailu / Seele / Qingque, but I have Jing Yuan and all the 4* chars. Party and LCs are all at 50. Is there a strategy I'm missing or do I just keep getting unlucky?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Any suggested ytubers to watch for guides and help? Tsoul and Sevvy are helpful for Genshin but I was wondering about Honkai equivalents

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Fresh off the pity boat with my Silver Wolf and I'm tempted to do one more pull to see if I can get some a serval eidolon or something... but at the same time Luocha's banner will have Qingque...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

TV Zombie posted:

Any suggested ytubers to watch for guides and help? Tsoul and Sevvy are helpful for Genshin but I was wondering about Honkai equivalents

Grimro Gacha is apparently a guy who was mostly known for PoE videos but he got really into Star Rail and his stuff is all great. IWinToLose, Sevy and Braxaphone have also started doing some Star Rail stuff and I like them from Genshin.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

OKcode is also pretty good.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Eimi posted:

Grimro Gacha is apparently a guy who was mostly known for PoE videos but he got really into Star Rail and his stuff is all great. IWinToLose, Sevy and Braxaphone have also started doing some Star Rail stuff and I like them from Genshin.

Seconding the Grimro Gacha recommendation. He's very meticulous and well-researched.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to 3 star FH 12, but it took me 3 tries. I beat the level all 3 times, but my first 2 tries had me short by a couple of cycles. Team 1 was Jing Yuan, Tingyun, Welt and Nat against a Blaze out of Space. Team 2 was March, Sampo, Sushang and Herta against a Silvermane Captain.

I think Herta is a bit underrated. My characters are 10 levels below the enemy and I only have 4 star relics. Hell, I've barely touched half of the traces on these guys. Originally Herta was on Team 1, and her follow ups did solid work but were overshadowed by Jing Yuan. It wasn't until my third attempt that I put her on Team 2 and she made all of the difference by clearing the guardsmen the Captain summons. I ended getting the third star with a full cycle to spare.

This definitely makes me realize I need to invest in Jing Yuan and probably Tingyun as well. As much as I like Serval, she definitely wouldn't have carried me through the first fight. I also think I need to place more value in Herta because I definitely struggled until I put her in the second team. Fireblazer and Slugger MC were in the first 2 tries, and Sampo replaced Welt for the second and third attempts.

Sorry if these posts are starting to seem redundant or annoying. I'm stuck at TL 40 and I'm holding off on the next equilibrium until I narrow down who I want to use going forward. I overspent my resources on leveling all of my characters equally, and I maxed out a bunch of lcs as well. Now I need to grind for ascension materials before I can move forward.

My list at the moment:

MC
March
Natasha
Sushang
Welt
Jing Yuan
Tingyun
Sampo
Asta
Herta

I think that's a really solid list and covers a lot of ground. It does make me sad that I'm not using Quinque or Serval, but they just can't consistently punch above their weight in the way that Welt, Sampo and Jing Yuan can.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

acumen posted:

I will always push for Welt but Bronya and SW are both good too. Depends who has the best LCs if you're that set up

Welt goes hard. I was definitely struggling with some content until I started using him.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

technolizard posted:

I can't figure out quite what I'm doing wrong, but I'm having so much trouble beating SU 3, just the first one. Gepard keeps kicking my rear end. Team for the moment is SW / Bailu / Seele / Qingque, but I have Jing Yuan and all the 4* chars. Party and LCs are all at 50. Is there a strategy I'm missing or do I just keep getting unlucky?

I'd try dropping your second DPS (Qingque) and replacing her with another support, like Asta or Tingyun. Buff Seele with Tingyun, shred defense with SW, and take a bunch of hunt blessings.

Alternatively swap in M7 and go remembrance, freeze everything forever

I remember it taking me a few tries to beat 3-1 the first time too. RNG on blessings can leave you pretty weak

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Having come from PoE, I'm somewhat hesitant on recommending Grimro as he seems to be new-ish to gacha. I still watch him a lot as he does have some good reasonable insight, but I'm always a little wary of people who go a bit too heavy on the spreadsheets, because some theorycrafters who go that deep end up losing perspective on how characters work in practice.

But in PoE, he did keep some great spreadsheets on loot drops and farming strats. So for any of his videos on farming and stamina efficiency, you prob can't do any better than Grimro. His character guides, I'm a solid 'eh, maybe, but I will continue seeking out other opinions'.

Other than Guoba Certified as I called out above, I don't know how knowledgeable he is himself, but MrPokke translates a lot of the CN theorycrafting. I don't know if CN theorycrafting is necessarily better, but it's definitely useful to see what takes CN and global agree on, vs. which opinions are more contentious (and their respective reasonings behind them).

technolizard posted:

I remember taking a few tries on SU-3 myself, but it's been awhile. I don't remember if he was one of the ones you want to break ASAP (I don't believe he is, but...).

The advice that really helped for me was to kill his adds on phase 1 and 2, but ignore his adds in phase 3 (they have too much hp) and just burn him down.

Going deep down a single path in blessings is generally better than getting a smattering of them, but you probably already knew that. You unlock a thing in your talent tree that lets you reroll blessings, if you're not there yet.

Otherwise here is one person's guide on SU. You don't have to follow it to the letter (unless you're horribly underleveled/undergeared) but it does do a decent job of highlighting what you should focus on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rl8NdZahuT8vxY21C_85iGgxHZyh6sr7ZwVvEbr0o1M/edit#gid=0

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Oh here's a question of my own -- how do you build your Clara? She was my starter banner 5* and I can't wrap my head around how to build her.

I can run her with March, but March really struggles with keeping up the team whenever there's AoE damage. Plus, March is very skillpoint intensive. Also, outside of Clara's ult, if March ever shields herself, March is drawing all the aggro. Clara really feels like needs her ult. edit: Oh, and if March ever freezes the enemy, then they're not hitting Clara either.

If I run her as the solo tank/bruiser, she just takes way too much damage. Her ult has some damage reduction, but she crumples like paper when all the damage is focused on her.

If I run her as a main DPS with FireMC taunting, then she isn't getting hit. If she's not getting hit, she generates very little energy. And she frankly isn't very good when she isn't counterattacking.

Do you build all offense, or a mix of offense/defense? Like every which way I build her, the game seems to have some thing that's anti-synergistic with her. I can't figure out how to make her work. Meanwhile every Youtube showcase has her tanking and solo-ing entire armies while mine's just made out of tissue paper.

Tingyun's pretty good with her though.

Walla posted:

Sorry if these posts are starting to seem redundant or annoying. I'm stuck at TL 40 and I'm holding off on the next equilibrium until I narrow down who I want to use going forward. I overspent my resources on leveling all of my characters equally, and I maxed out a bunch of lcs as well. Now I need to grind for ascension materials before I can move forward.

Um, there's no reason not to unlock the next equilibrium. The enemies don't get much harder -- not nearly as much as going from EQ0 to EQ1. I know this; I just hit TL40 last week.

If anything, it unlocks the next difficulty of dungeons. Things like the character ascension mats dungeon go from dropping 2 per run to 3 per run, which is a whole 50% more efficient for the same amount of stamina. Unlocking will only help you in your grinding.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 9, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I run clara as Clara/M7/healer/dps and it works well enough.

edit: has anyone here unlocked luocha's character quest yet?

Leraika fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I really like the events in this game so far. The boxing one was a little undercooked, but otherwise I think they're hitting a good balance of giving a non-trivial amount of additional stuff to do without making it so involved that it feels like a big chore to get through. And even if it doesn't benefit me since I'm playing them as they come out (though it could in the future if I end up taking breaks later on), it's really cool that they'll be available down the line for new players to jump into as well, even if the rewards will obviously be much reduced. I'm mostly surprised they front loaded both of this week's events so early in the patch instead of saving one for the back end of the patch, but I guess we'll get more companion quests then anyway.

Leraika posted:

I run clara as Clara/M7/healer/dps and it works well enough.

edit: has anyone here unlocked luocha's character quest yet?

It's coming on the 28th